• Kirby

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JGlass

Unregistered User
Round 2

cable-vs-kirby.png

Cable laid the smack down on Wing Gundham where Kirby managed to squeak out an upset victory over Goku. Can Dreamland's greatest hero pull out another victory, or will the powerful mutant Cable put Kirby to rest?

FIGHT!

Kirby has this one in the bag. He's got Goku's powers at this point, which means erh can just fire a Kamehameha wave at Cable and kill him. Cable's screwed here.

Kirby has this one in the bag. He's got Goku's powers at this point, which means erh can just fire a Kamehameha wave at Cable and kill him. Cable's screwed here.

No he doesn't.

The rounds start with a clean slate. Both competitors are completely fresh and rested, and neither of them show any effects, positive or negative, from the last round.

I am going to say Kirby on this one. I see Cable not being able to hit Kirby wether he has guns or not. Kirby is quick as shit and if Kirby got close and sucked in Cable he can use his powers and just shot the crap out of cable. This win would be a tough close battle but Kirby kicks ass!!!

Winner Kirby

Well if Kirby can beat Goku he can beat cable. Kirby absorbs cables power makes a star shoots at him ,or he swallows him and poops him out. Either way Kirby takes the win and the puff ball goes to the 3rd round.

Well if Kirby can beat Goku he can beat cable. Kirby absorbs cables power makes a star shoots at him ,or he swallows him and poops him out. Either way Kirby takes the win and the puff ball goes to the 3rd round.

Except half of Cable's advantages come from his technology. Yes, he is a powerful psychic, and Kirby could copy those abilities, but in a psychic battle, the advantage goes to the more experienced Cable. Kirby might be able to use Cable's powers, but it's not as clear cut as Goku's powers. Goku's powers are things Kirby is well versed in, such as hand to hand combat and shooting energy beams. Cable's powers exist on a different plane of existence, one Kirby has no experience on.

Additionally, Cable also has high tech weaponry at his disposal. He can teleport using his bodyslide technology, so even if Kirby inhaled him, Cable could just bodyslide out of Kirby's mouth. He also has devastating explosives, so even if Kirby did inhale him, Cable could plant a bomb in Kirby's mouth. He has plasma rifles, piercing weapons, and a metal arm that he could knock Kirby's lights out with.

I honestly don't see how Kirby wins this one. Cable is a totally different beast than Goku, and while he may not be as physically strong as Goku, he's one of the most mentally strong competitors as well as one of, if not THE most technologically advanced character. Kirby is not experienced with mental OR technological combat, and Cable will take advantage of that.

The thing is, JGlass, Kirby can also copy equipment. Even in his own games, inhaling a hammer-wielding enemy grants him a hammer of his own. Inhaling Solid Snake or Samus or Fox in Super Smash Bros. grants him their equipment and weaponry. Inhaling Cable would probably give Kirby psychic abilities and Cable's primary gun. Whether it'll be enough to beat Cable is one thing but Kirby will at least have a fighting chance.

I'm leaning pretty far towards Kirby here, for one reason.

Who's to say Kirby doesn't inhale Cable, walk off a Grand Canyon-like cliff, fall a few hundred feet, then spit him out and float back to the ground, leaving Cable to fall to his death? If someone can tell me how that's impossible, then maybe I'll vote Cable.

Cable has to use most of his power to keep his T.O. virus in check. Kirby won't have to. Kirby has a distinct advantage here.

Whether it'll be enough to beat Cable is one thing but Kirby will at least have a fighting chance.

Indeed, as mentioned above, Kirby would actually end up with powers greater than Cable can use as Cable cannot risk focusing all his power on Kirby without letting the techo-organic virus fully infect him, killing him in the process. Kirby, being free of said infection, would have no such hindrance. To a point JGlass makes, that strong looking metal arm is actually more of a cross than it is a weapon.

Ok, I'm going Kirby again here. It seems crazy that Kirby could go through here, but he can "become" his opponent, giving him distinct advantage. Much like Goku, he can take Cable's powers should he inhale him, meaning that it's Cable vs Kirby Cable. Kirby Cable must surely come out on top? Maybe he will meet his maker in Round 3, but I really see Kirby coming out on top for a while.

I've been waiting, & reading up on Cable, trying my best to find something that would give him any sort of edge in this. I thought I found it when I read this...

At their height, he demonstrated the ability to simultaneously levitate the floating city of Providence and combat the Silver Surfer.

I figured if he could levite entire cities while still fighting off someone as powerful of Silver Surfer, surley he would be able to defeat the lil cream puff that is Kirby, & then I read this...

Following that story, his powers were burnt out and he replaced both with technological substitutes. Later he states that both his telepathy and telekinesis have faded to nothing.

So Cables powers are all but gone at this point what little power he has left he uses to keep the TO virus at bay, as Jose pointed out several times in this thread already. This just leaves Cable with massive gun power, which allows him to put up a good fight, but what stops Kirby from just inhaling any gun Cable whips out, & then turning on him? Sorry Cable fanboys but I just can't see Cable winning this, it would be a hell of a fight, & Kirby may resemble more of a roasted mashmellow than a happy-go-lucky creampuff by the time all is said & done, but he's still walking out the winner.

So Cables powers are all but gone at this point what little power he has left he uses to keep the TO virus at bay, as Jose pointed out several times in this thread already. This just leaves Cable with massive gun power, which allows him to put up a good fight, but what stops Kirby from just inhaling any gun Cable whips out, & then turning on him? Sorry Cable fanboys but I just can't see Cable winning this, it would be a hell of a fight, & Kirby may resemble more of a roasted mashmellow than a happy-go-lucky creampuff by the time all is said & done, but he's still walking out the winner.

I must have said this about a five times since the tournament started...

IT IS NOT THE CURRENT INCARNATION OF THE CHARACTER.

If it was, Cable wouldn't get a single vote. Why? Because Cable is dead.

Anyway, I still don't see how Kirby can do anything to hurt Cable outside of using the rainbow sword, and even so, he'd be bringing a sword to a gunfight, and as displayed in the Human Bracket, that never works out well.

Kirby would also have to get close enough to Cable to suck him in at all, and that's a tough task indeed. In addition to having ranged weapons, Cable can use his telekinesis to hold off Kirby, or he can bodyslide away from the puffball.

Finally, I forget who made the argument that Kirby could swallow Cable and spit him off of a cliff, but that wouldn't work. If Kirby had the good fortune to inhale Cable, Cable would simply use his bodyslide technology to escape.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back