• Hulk

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JGlass

Unregistered User
Round Two

kirby-s-hulk.png

Opposites certainly don't attract in this battle. Kirby beat out one of Japan's most beloved characters when he took out Kenshiro, and Hulk smashed his way through a giant Sentinel with relative ease. Will the winner of this round be the little pink puffball or the giant green monster?

FIGHT!

Right off the bat the question is going to be: can Kirby suck up something the size of The Hulk? Kirby never had to fight something as big as Hulk in last year's tournament, so to my knowledge this hasn't needed to be said, but...contrary to popular belief he DOES have a limit.

Take a look at this picture first:
Size_chart.jpg

In this line-up, Bowser is about 2/3 bigger than Mario. Mario is a normal human being, albeit a man on the smaller side. Fox McCloud is one of the few Nintendo characters whose height has been officilized at 5'8", and at just a bit taller than Mario in Melee and Brawl, I'm going to go ahead and label Mario at 5'5". Sounds fair, right? If we're still doing math correctly that puts Bowler at juuuust under 9-feet.

Take a look at this picture next:
638be13666cbab5bae07782c05a42ad2.jpg

I would say Hulk is MAYBE 1/3 bigger than Captain America, who stands at a modest height of about 6'1". Still doing the math correctly, that puts Hulk at just over 8-feet.

Hulk: 8ft.
Bowser: 9ft.

Kirby can suck up Bowser, as seen in the Super Smash Bros. series. So it would appear to me that the answer to our question is: Yes, Kirby can indeed suck up the Incredible Hulk and obtain some of his power. Note that it does not make him a carbon copy of the Hulk; he's not going to gain all Hulk's strength and endurance, and the ability will not last forever. I'm probably going to end up voting Hulk, but I wanted to clear that up right away so we don't spend the time arguing whether or not Kirby can even suck up something that big. Even if the math is a little bit off, and Mario is shorter or taller, we can at least assume Hulk is roughly the size of Bowser, and without the giant spikes to try and digest! Ouch!

People tend to forget that in most games when Kirby sucks in an enemy he doesn't have to absorb their powers, he can just straight up eat them and shit them out as stars.

I see no way Hulk can win this. If he gets close, he's getting sucked in and shit out as a star. If he attacks from afar by throwing rocks or some shit, Kirby's just going suck them in and spit them back. Kirby's got this.

Hulk's power is very interesting. The madder he gets the more powerful he becomes. Also he has withstood just about anything and is virtually indestructible. At the end of World War Hulk he went toe to toe with the Sentinel who has the power of a thosuand suns and after an enormous explosion . Banner was left unconsious. I think Kirby will try to do what he does, but trying to absorb the huge amount of Gamma radiation that the Hulk produces would be a fools errand. I think Hulk would overload Kirby and then Hulk would pull him apart like a marshmellow...

Hulk for the victory.

Kirby can suck up Bowser, as seen in the Super Smash Bros. series. So it would appear to me that the answer to our question is: Yes, Kirby can indeed suck up the Incredible Hulk and obtain some of his power. Note that it does not make him a carbon copy of the Hulk; he's not going to gain all Hulk's strength and endurance, and the ability will not last forever. I'm probably going to end up voting Hulk, but I wanted to clear that up right away so we don't spend the time arguing whether or not Kirby can even suck up something that big. Even if the math is a little bit off, and Mario is shorter or taller, we can at least assume Hulk is roughly the size of Bowser, and without the giant spikes to try and digest! Ouch!

I disagree. Yes, Kirby can suck up Bowser in SSB, but what about all the enemies he can't suck up in his games? He can't suck up De De De in the Kirby games, or any of the lesser bosses. Hulk is bigger and stronger than anyone Kirby faces in his Dreamland adventures, so I think it's unlikely Kirby can inhale Hulk.

Not to mention that we've seen unbelievable amounts of force used against The Hulk and him staying put. He's stopped artillery shells, tanks, jet fighters... just about anything that would ruin someone else is stopped dead in its tracks by Hulk.

Kirby can't suck in Hulk, he's simply too strong and will be able to resist it. Besides, by the time Kirby starts inhaling Hulk can jump a mile in the air and come crashing down on Kirby's head.

Splat. Hulk wins.

People tend to forget that in most games when Kirby sucks in an enemy he doesn't have to absorb their powers, he can just straight up eat them and shit them out as stars.

I see no way Hulk can win this. If he gets close, he's getting sucked in and shit out as a star. If he attacks from afar by throwing rocks or some shit, Kirby's just going suck them in and spit them back. Kirby's got this.

First off, nice idea - now provide evidence that Kirby has ever done this to a good guy.

Secondly, as a general rule Hulk mightn't be the smartest (although the bio provided for the tournament indicates that we have one of his smarter incarnations) but if Kirby attempted to inhale him, I'm pretty sure he just wouldn't let him. Hulk has stopped the unstoppable Juggernaut - that pretty much makes him the immovable object. Basically the pink fluffball can inhale til he turns blue, he'll not move the green behemoth.

Finally (for now), the Hulk is the ultimate anti-video game character. Whereas they loss power as they sustain injury, he gains.

I don't see anyway that Kirby beats "the strongest there is".

Let's assume that Kirby manages to defy all rational thought and manages to move Hulk, hell let's say that he manages to inhale Hulk, what is to stop him grabbing a hold of Kirby's lips and turning the marshmallow inside out? If the answer to that question is nothing then it seals the deal, Kirby is tough but Hulk would smash the adorable little pink.... thing.

I'm voting Hulk.

I disagree. Yes, Kirby can suck up Bowser in SSB, but what about all the enemies he can't suck up in his games? He can't suck up De De De in the Kirby games, or any of the lesser bosses. Hulk is bigger and stronger than anyone Kirby faces in his Dreamland adventures, so I think it's unlikely Kirby can inhale Hulk.

It's already been established in the previous round and the previous tournament that Kirby can inhale his opponents. If he can't use his main power than what was the point in putting him in the tournament? Plus you already said he inhaled dudes in SSB, if he can inhale them there why can't he inhale them in this tourney?

Not to mention that we've seen unbelievable amounts of force used against The Hulk and him staying put. He's stopped artillery shells, tanks, jet fighters... just about anything that would ruin someone else is stopped dead in its tracks by Hulk.

Kirby can't suck in Hulk, he's simply too strong and will be able to resist it. Besides, by the time Kirby starts inhaling Hulk can jump a mile in the air and come crashing down on Kirby's head.

Splat. Hulk wins.

Hulk's not going to stay put if he can't do shit to Kirby from a distance. Anything he throws at Kirby is just going to get inhaled. Him jumping in the sky and trying to land on Kirby wouldn't be the best idea when Kirby would just inhale him.

First off, nice idea - now provide evidence that Kirby has ever done this to a good guy.

No need, this is a fight, Hulk is trying to kill him, Kirby's going to do what he has to do to survive, if that means permanently ending Hulk than that's what he'll do. Just because he's completely good doesn't mean he's not going to defend himself as best he can.

Secondly, as a general rule Hulk mightn't be the smartest (although the bio provided for the tournament indicates that we have one of his smarter incarnations) but if Kirby attempted to inhale him, I'm pretty sure he just wouldn't let him. Hulk has stopped the unstoppable Juggernaut - that pretty much makes him the immovable object. Basically the pink fluffball can inhale til he turns blue, he'll not move the green behemoth.

Finally (for now), the Hulk is the ultimate anti-video game character. Whereas they loss power as they sustain injury, he gains.

I don't see anyway that Kirby beats "the strongest there is".

Once again, he doesn't have to inhale him from far away. Hulk's not just going to sit there when he realizes his long range attacks aren't doing shit. He's eventually going to get piss and charge, when he does Kirby will inhale him.

Kirby wins.

It's already been established in the previous round and the previous tournament that Kirby can inhale his opponents. If he can't use his main power than what was the point in putting him in the tournament? Plus you already said he inhaled dudes in SSB, if he can inhale them there why can't he inhale them in this tourney?

He can use his inhaling ability, or at least he can try. It would work on the majority of opponents, just not Hulk. I don't see why that's hard to understand :shrug:.

Hulk's not going to stay put if he can't do shit to Kirby from a distance. Anything he throws at Kirby is just going to get inhaled. Him jumping in the sky and trying to land on Kirby wouldn't be the best idea when Kirby would just inhale him.

If he's coming down at 70 MPH, Kirby won't have a chance to inhale him.

No need, this is a fight, Hulk is trying to kill him, Kirby's going to do what he has to do to survive, if that means permanently ending Hulk than that's what he'll do. Just because he's completely good doesn't mean he's not going to defend himself as best he can.

You can't have it both ways: either you're going with SSB Kirby that can inhale larger opponents but can't turn them into star poop, or you're going with Dreamland Kirby that can turn opponents into star poop, but can't inhale larger opponents.

You're making the case for a competitor that doesn't exist. Nice try.

Once again, he doesn't have to inhale him from far away. Hulk's not just going to sit there when he realizes his long range attacks aren't doing shit. He's eventually going to get piss and charge, when he does Kirby will inhale him.

Even if Kirby could inhale Hulk, which he can't, that's hardly the end of the fight. Kirby can absorb Hulk's powers, but even with Hulk's strength he'll still be at a massive size disadvantage. Hulk's reach extends that of Kirby's by a good 4-5 feet, and he can just bash Kirby in the head multiple time until Kirby loses his Hulk powerup leaving him easy pickings. Maybe Hulk will pick him up and start chewing him like bubblegum.

Hulk wins.

He can use his inhaling ability, or at least he can try. It would work on the majority of opponents, just not Hulk. I don't see why that's hard to understand :shrug:.

If he can use his inhaling ability then comes down to size which HGR already established Kirby can inhale something the size of Hulk. He can inhale him.

If he's coming down at 70 MPH, Kirby won't have a chance to inhale him.

He will if Kirby's mouth is inhaling as he's coming down. He's not going to splat Kirby if Kirby's inhaling him.

You can't have it both ways: either you're going with SSB Kirby that can inhale larger opponents but can't turn them into star poop, or you're going with Dreamland Kirby that can turn opponents into star poop, but can't inhale larger opponents.

You're making the case for a competitor that doesn't exist. Nice try. [/QUOTE}

Yes I can have it both ways because Hulk is facing Kirby in his ultimate form with all of his powers and abilities, not just from one game. This was established last year.

Even if Kirby could inhale Hulk, which he can't, that's hardly the end of the fight. Kirby can absorb Hulk's powers, but even with Hulk's strength he'll still be at a massive size disadvantage. Hulk's reach extends that of Kirby's by a good 4-5 feet, and he can just bash Kirby in the head multiple time until Kirby loses his Hulk powerup leaving him easy pickings. Maybe Hulk will pick him up and start chewing him like bubblegum.

Hulk wins.

Kirby doesn't have to absorb Hulk's powers, he can eat him and shit him out.

Kirby wins.

So I did some research on Comic Vine, those guys know their stuff, Hulk can run at 300mph and can jump high enough to reach a stable orbit Source There's just no way Kirby can win this.

Even without inhale, Kirby DOES have the Final Cutter and the Rainbow Sword. Both are very sharp, very powerful attacks. Yeah, they'd probably get stuck in Hulk's skin but with the beams/shockwaves they emit, Kirby could attempt a death-of-1000-cuts strategy.

Let's also not forget Kirby's Warp Star. With the Warp Star, he could dodge and fly around Hulk while performing the above strategy, or he could try a kamikaze attack. Hulk gets hit with a red-hot meteor, Kirby survives with a few humorous frames of animation of him covered in soot.

Neither are perfect strategies and Hulk could likely counter them, but there are ways for Kirby to have a fighting chance even without Copy.

I'll say it. When I first saw this match I totally thought of Hulk mistaking Kirby for an oversized marshmallow and eating him. I say Hulk wins. As was stated earlier, Kirby can inhale Bowser in SSB, because like I mentioned in the Shao Kahn thread, games have to have a degree of fairness. I don't see him being able to inhale Hulk.

Hulk can jump like a mile in the air on average, he once jumped into orbit. He also runs extremely fast, he isn't easy to hit. Kirby's slash attacks that Doc mentioned are viable options, but do you want to get within melee range of The Hulk? I say Hulk wins.

Why exactly does the Hulk win? Kirby just beat Kenshiro; a man who is larger, faster, stronger, and likely smarter than the pink balloon, and yet Kirby still won. The best argument that I've seen for the Hulk is that he's too big to be inhaled. That's silly considering that Kirby can inhale Bowser, who's larger than Kenshiro and probably similar in size to Hulk.

Those of you pushing the Hulk, what exactly is Kirby's inhale limit? Last I checked he could inhale anything he wants to at a set speed. And if Kenshiro wasn't fast enough to counter this inhale speed, then why would the Hulk have a better chance?

Why exactly does the Hulk win? Kirby just beat Kenshiro; a man who is larger, faster, stronger, and likely smarter than the pink balloon, and yet Kirby still won. The best argument that I've seen for the Hulk is that he's too big to be inhaled. That's silly considering that Kirby can inhale Bowser, who's larger than Kenshiro and probably similar in size to Hulk.

Because Hulk is bigger and stronger than Kenshiro. Simple as that. That's the beauty of Hulk, you can come up with a million different scenarios in which he might be beaten, but he only needs one strategy that is proven to win: smash smash smash.

Those of you pushing the Hulk, what exactly is Kirby's inhale limit? Last I checked he could inhale anything he wants to at a set speed. And if Kenshiro wasn't fast enough to counter this inhale speed, then why would the Hulk have a better chance?

If we're going by Dreamworld standards, he can't inhale most enemies that are more than 4 or 5 times his size. If we're going by SSB standards, he can't inhale the largest of enemies (Master Hand or Gigabowser). Hulk is probably roughly the size of either of those guys in terms of SSB standards. On top of that, Hulk is notably stronger than either of those guys. Even if Kirby could move Hulk with his inhale, Hulk could pretty easily grab onto part of the environment that Kirby can't inhale and avoid being sucked up.

This is not to mention that Hulk's top speed is higher than Kenshiro's.

I got as far as "Kirby can't inhale Hulk" before I realized what was going on here. LULZ. Seriously, the best I saw was something like "If he tried to inhale him, Hulk would just rip him in half.". If you can't understand how ridiculous an argument that is, I don't what to tell you.

If we're going by Dreamworld standards, he can't inhale most enemies that are more than 4 or 5 times his size. If we're going by SSB standards, he can't inhale the largest of enemies (Master Hand or Gigabowser). Hulk is probably roughly the size of either of those guys in terms of SSB standards. On top of that, Hulk is notably stronger than either of those guys. Even if Kirby could move Hulk with his inhale, Hulk could pretty easily grab onto part of the environment that Kirby can't inhale and avoid being sucked up.

See, if there's one thing I find annoying it's an argument based on gameplay with no flavor connection to the source material. I don't recall any mention in the anime and other works that he has a size limitation; the reason for such things in game is balancing, and not part of the story. It's not like Shao Kahn's upper body was immune to kicks from above all magically in MKII. They just added immunity to jump kicks as a way to make it a harder fight and get more quarters.

Beyond that, I'm given to believe that Hulk is constantly changing size, and HGR's reasoning with comparison to Bowser seems awfully relevant.

Guys, Kirby can't inhale bosses or large objects. It's as simple as that, this whole argument about SSB or whatever needs to be thrown out. The game is made to be beat, of course the creators bent the rules. Because someone wants to play with Kirby. I love to play with that little pink shit, but in his video games he can't suck up bosses or large objects.

So lets look at this. Hulk isn't a boss in this battle. But just take a look at green scar, He is 8'5, and a tad bit over 1400 pounds. Does that not make him a larger object? They call him the world-breaker... for a reason.

Hulk fought toe to toe with one of the strongest in all of comic books, Sentry. Sentry said this before the fight, Yes, god help me I do. Because you are the only one I can hit like this. Then he sent Hulk flying into a fucking building across town. The man has the power of a million exploding suns at his fingertips. He was agoraphobic, he never could use his power before, but took hulk to town.

He destroyed a pocketverse with a thunderclap... what's stoping him from smacking Kirby full of air with one of them? Are you telling me he couldn't do the same with kirby?

How can any of Kirbys attacks hurt Hulk? He tanked Vectors beams, and vectors beams repel the structure of reality itself, and his beams are claimed to hurl entire worlds. He also survived Gladiator's beam, and that is said to be one hundred times hotter than a core of a star.

DirtyJosé;4121641 said:
Beyond that, I'm given to believe that Hulk is constantly changing size, and HGR's reasoning with comparison to Bowser seems awfully relevant.

He is, his size along with strength increases.

this whole argument about SSB or whatever needs to be thrown out. The game is made to be beat, of course the creators bent the rules. Because someone wants to play with Kirby. I love to play with that little pink shit, but in his video games he can't suck up bosses or large objects.

So lets look at this. Hulk isn't a boss in this battle. But just take a look at green scar, He is 8'5, and a tad bit over 1400 pounds. Does that not make him a larger object? They call him the world-breaker... for a reason.

Hulk fought toe to toe with one of the strongest in all of comic books, Sentry. Sentry said this before the fight, Yes, god help me I do. Because you are the only one I can hit like this. Then he sent Hulk flying into a fucking building across town. The man has the power of a million exploding suns at his fingertips. He was agoraphobic, he never could use his power before, but took hulk to town.

He destroyed a pocketverse with a thunderclap... what's stoping him from smacking Kirby full of air with one of them? Are you telling me he couldn't do the same with kirby?

How can any of Kirbys attacks hurt Hulk? He tanked Vectors beams, and vectors beams repel the structure of reality itself, and his beams are claimed to hurl entire worlds. He also survived Gladiator's beam, and that is said to be one hundred times hotter than a core of a star.

cover-470.jpg

Find it. Read it. Or, I mean, I could just tell you...

Hulk gets choked out by a snake.

Hulk has amazing potential, but he can and has been defeated before, and that's all that's needed here.

He is, his size along with strength increases.

And so trying to argue why Kirby couldn't inhale him seems pretty foolish.

With that, it's Hulk vs HulKirby, a more fair and balanced fight than what I'm seeing described so far.

DirtyJosé;4121651 said:

With that, it's Hulk vs HulKirby, a more fair and balanced fight than what I'm seeing described so far.

As stated earlier in the thread Hulk has a reach of 4 to 5 feet more than Kirby. So in a slugfest Hulk would have the upper hand and smash.

DirtyJosé;4122003 said:
I wonder what that advantage looked like on paper when he was fighting a snake and still lost.

Oh what? All these supposed "Hulk experts" have nothing to say now? Alright, well, keep on voting for the guy you know would lose. Kirby > a snake.

You guys are funny.

DirtyJosé;4122869 said:
Oh what? All these supposed "Hulk experts" have nothing to say now? Alright, well, keep on voting for the guy you know would lose. Kirby > a snake.

You guys are funny.

Hulk wins it's like trying to suck up a bear with a big vacuum, it is just too strong to get sucked in, nothing more to say.

I haven't played many Kirby games, but based on the one I played to death as a kid (Kirby Super Star for SNES), I have a few observations about Kirby that play to Hulk's favor.

1. Kirby takes some time to suck down bigger opponents. In the final battle of one of the modes, you fight Dedede in a wrestling ring. Kirby can't swallow Dedede until Dedede is unconscious and even then it takes awhile for Kirby to suck him down. I'm thinking while Kirby is inhaling, a right hand from Hulk ends this.

2. Kirby doesn't have much of a range. Unless you're a few feet in front of Kirby, that suction power doesn't do him much good. If the opposite was true, Kirby would suck everything into him like cars, people, buildings etc. The attack has a limited range, and given how fast Hulk can jump, he would be able to avoid the sucking.

3. There's a simple way to avoid Kirby's main attack: get behind him. Hulk is more than capable of getting behind Kirby, or at least moving fast enough that Kirby can't get a clean shot at him. If Hulk gets behind Kirby for one second, a single shot is going to knock Kirby into the middle of next week and Hulk advances.

At the end of the day, Hulk isn't going to stand two feet from Kirby and let Kirby inhale him. Hulk in Hulk mode is based on how angry he is. An angry psychopathic giant with the power to take down a god isn't going to stand still while a pink blob inhales him.

The logic of Kirby's range with his main power is a big factor here. Its not so much about if he can suck up Hulk (depending on the version of Kirby he may\may not be able to)- its about how. How is he going to do that while Hulk is raging out? Hulk is fast, fast enough to get behind Kirby and pummel him. Hulk is way stronger than Kirby, so strong that he might just rip that little guy in half. Say Kirby does try to suck him up- who's to say Hulk doesnt just rip a tree out of the ground and play home run derby with him?

Kirby would have to rely on his sword and other powerful items to even dent Hulk and thats not easy to do. He would likely just anger him further and thats no good for the pink guy. His skin is damn near impenetrable and he has withstood a hell of a lot more than what Kirby could probably dish out.

Haven't cast my vote yet, both sides present good arguments and I'm still on the fence.

I'd just like to confirm since his bio isn't up, are all of Kriby's powers available? Because if it is there are a few which could cause Hulk problems. Mike Kirby creates a loud sound that instantly KOs all on the screen. Would Hulk be able to withstand that? Kirby also has his starship. Hulk can jump high, but he can't fly. Who's to say Kirby can't fly out of range and attack him from far. On top of that, Kirby has his Copy ability where he copies whoever he scans. Hulk would have a greater reach, but Kirby would be lighter and thus faster. Kirby would be able to jump as high as hulk but be able to fly too. Most arguments so far have been on whether Kirby could suck Hulk in, but Kirby himself has some pretty decent powers.

I wonder how Hulk would be able to counter these powers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back