Round 1: Cable vs. Wing Gundam

Discussion in 'Supers' started by JGlass, Sep 1, 2011.

?

Who wins?

1. Cable

2. Wing Gundam

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JGlass

JGlass Unregistered User

Round One

[​IMG]

The time traveling mutant soldier Cable takes on the giant weapon known as Wing Gundam. Can Cable and his vast arsenal take on the giant robotic weapon, or will the manned Wing Gundam prove to be too much for Nathan Summers?

FIGHT!

2. Mac Attack

Mac Attack I'm neat.

Cable all the way. Cable's fast knowledge of fighting will allow him to beat the likes of Wing Gundam. I think Cable may be the dark horse in this bracket because of his arsenal and because of his overall fighting knoweldge. I truly feel he will dominate this match-up and the giant weapon known as wing Gundam will not win this match-up. I would enjoy seeing Cable rip Gundam limb from limb which I think with his fighting ability will be something that he will easily do.

The Doctor likes this.
  3. The Doctor

The Doctor Great and Devious

The Wing Gundam is not only a powerful robot built to fight in space, it also happens to be piloted by one of the most brilliant tactical thinkers the military has to offer. The Wing Gundam has powerful weapons, very high defenses, and is incredibly quick for such a large mech. Add in the human factor of a pilot who the military trusts to the fullest to think on his toes, fully focused on the mission and only the mission, and you have something even Cable would struggle with.

Cable has defeated giant robots before, it's true, but I firmly believe that he's never faced anything quite like the Wing Gundam.

4. JGlass

JGlass Unregistered User

You're right Doc, Cable hasn't really faced anything like this. He's killed thousands of giant robots ranging from mindless henchman bots to Nimrod class sentinels, which I would argue are much worse than a Wing Gundam.

Fact of the matter is that having a piloted mech is a huge disadvantage for Wing Gundham. Cable is a psychic, and a powerful one at that. If he sends a psionic blast into the pilot's mind, that pilot is going to crash down at the wheel, or at the very least be totally incapable of controlling the robot. From there, Cable can use his intuitive aptitude to disassemble parts of the Gundam systematically. First he'll take out the weapons, then the piloting system, and then he'll just break down the structure of the robot in general, leaving the pilot standing there. Cable is such a nice guy that he'll probably spare the poor sucker's life by punching him in the face with his left arm, which is composed entirely of metal.

But let's talk about defense. What exactly is Wing Gundam going to do to hurt Cable? Cable has cyberpathy, and by the time the pilot of the Gundam pulls the trigger on a weapon, Cable will know what's about to happen before the gun even fires.

So he knows that he's about to get shot, what good does that do him, right? Wrong. From there Cable has a variety of tricks up his sleeve to prevent him from taking damage. He could create a force field, one powerful enough to protect him from an atomic bomb. He could bodyslide to safety, whether it be 10 yards or 10 miles away from the Gundam. He could use his powerful telekinesis to deflect or redirect the weapon fire, or he could simply absorb the weapon fire as his bones are composed of organic metal that will pretty much prevent him from taking much damage.

So tell me, how does Gundam Wing win this fight? Because Cable has about 20 different ways he could kick that robot's ass.

5. JWGunslinger

JWGunslinger Warrior Forever

Cable takes this one, it's a tough match up as Wing Gundam is nothin to mess with but I think Cable has several different ways to take this fight before Gundam knows what's goin on. Cable by Destruction

6. The Doctor

The Doctor Great and Devious

I want to just mention something about the Wing Gundam that could harm or help him in this match, depending on how you take it.

The pilot of the robot, Heero Yuy, and the robot itself are linked by the ZERO System, which is something that amplifies Heero's consciousness and links it with the Gundam, basically turning it from a man-piloted robot to a total supercomputer. It can visualize and determine every possible course of action and outcome and in this state the pilot's mind is both clear and loaded with information. It determines the correct outcome to achieve total victory or total defeat. It makes his mind a fortress.

Plus, Heero's mind and body have been modified to perfection, giving him total control over his own mind even in the harshest of situations. I don't know if this is enough to overcome Cable's psychic abilities, but it's a start.

On top of that, the robot itself was designed to work in the harshest of environments deep in space, allowing it to survive black holes, the surface of the sun, and more. Sure, it may be a bit beat up after that and who knows what shape the pilot would be in, but it would survive. I know Cable is crazy powerful, but don't underestimate the Wing Gundam. It's not just another giant robot.

7. FitFinlay4Life

FitFinlay4Life What's the craic?

I think this shows how Cable has Wing outclassed on every level, he can either take out Heero Yuy mentally or physically or he can simply disassemble the robot. Walk in the park for the powerful mutant.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.