Round 1: Kirby vs. Goku

Who wins?

• Kirby

• Goku

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Quick point about the Spirit Bomb. Only those with a pure of heart can create the bomb. It doesn't take one with a pure heart to throw the attack. So what Funkay says is correct. Goku can not create the attack as a Super Saiyan because his heart becomes full of rage as a Super Saiyan.

But back to Kirby. I'm with Super Awesome on this one. It just boggles the mind that some people think that Kirbys can defeat the strongest Anime/Manga characters in existent. I've said it countless times, Kirby main hope relies heavily on stealing Goku's powers. With Goku's light travel like speed, I find it almost impossible for Kirby to do such a thing. Does Kirby have the ability to sense Goku's presence? No he does not, making the fight on his part that much more difficult. Goku can increase his power and speed 10 fold on the drop of a dime if he needed to. Kirby can not cope with this, you can not defeat what you can not catch.

If the instant Kamehameha isn't enough of a surprise to defeat Kirby. Goku knows a little maneuver called the Solar Flare. He can use this effectively blinding Kirby, I've also pointed out that Kirby has no means of sensing Goku's presence so all Goku needs to need is create an energy disk, slicing Kirby in two. He can't protect himself from something he does not see coming. Even Sucking in the attack would prove to be fatal, if it comes in contact with him he is doomed. Perhaps the afterimage to throw off your opponent? Goku knows more than just the Kamehameha.

Then there is the whole "oh Goku doesn't kill". Well he did pull of the instant Kamehameha on Cell without knowing of his regeneration ability. So in Goku's mind, Cell was dead at the moment. He also took Buu's life with the Spirit Bomb. Buu was then reborn as Uub. Not to mention he kill one of Babidi's henchmen,Yakon. Goku is capable of taking a life, he would rather not to, but if it came down to it, he has no choice.

This just isn't a logical fight. Goku would simply overwhelm Kirby. If Goku can go toe to toe with Buu,(let it be known Goku had the strength to beat Buu, however he let the fight drag on so Vegeta could have a chance)an indestructible monster and come out on top then I highly doubt somebody like Kirby can topple him.

Yet, inevitably, Goku ended up being WAYYY stronger than all of these characters. But perhaps I made that phrase to be a bit too blunt; I'll give you that. Nevertheless, Goku has come out on top regardless of every situation all the time. What's to say the same wouldn't happen with Kirby? Nothing. Kirby beating Goku? Unlikely; not even in the after life.

Odd. I've never heard of Kirby ever being defeated either. Got anything else?

Also, I already elaborated on the Super Dragon Fist. Too strong, too much velocity, too much energy for Kirby. Ever heard of Yakon?

If you're going to subscribe to the belief that you can just state as fact that Goku's Super Dragon Fist is just TEH STRONGEST ATTACK EVARR! then I'm going to continue to counter you with the belief that Kirby can take it in the mouth like a Las Vegas pro and ask for more. A shooting star moves 22500 to 157500 miles/hr. I don't think I've ever seen Goku pull a SDF at those speeds. Shooting star > Goku's fist.

...I don't have time to be debating back and forth over this,

Because you are wrong and you are getting beaten upside the head by Remix.

but let me just say one last thing before I leave: The idea that Kirby can beat Goku in a fight is irrational. Kirby may be underrated and underestimated, but Goku is Goku--number one under the sun. A symbol to people all over the world. If Kirby were trully stronger, than he'd be the icon that Goku is today, and Goku would be ranked alot lower in the animated world. But that's not the case. Why? Because it's not true. For someone like Kirby to beat someone like Goku is like saying Evan Bourne is legitimately stronger than John Cena.

Lulz, bringing Cena into this? Wow, you really are out of gas here. Are you going to be arguing this on the logical merits of either competitor, or are you going to arguing about it on the basis of popularity alone? Either way, you are getting beat on one front, and as the poll at this moment suggests you are getting beat on the other. You mad?

Quick point about the Spirit Bomb. Only those with a pure of heart can create the bomb. It doesn't take one with a pure heart to throw the attack. So what Funkay says is correct. Goku can not create the attack as a Super Saiyan because his heart becomes full of rage as a Super Saiyan.

Excellent point. Who's side are you on again? I kid, I kid.

But back to Kirby. I'm with Super Awesome on this one. It just boggles the mind that some people think that Kirbys can defeat the strongest Anime/Manga characters in existent. I've said it countless times, Kirby main hope relies heavily on stealing Goku's powers. With Goku's light travel like speed, I find it almost impossible for Kirby to do such a thing. Does Kirby have the ability to sense Goku's presence? No he does not, making the fight on his part that much more difficult. Goku can increase his power and speed 10 fold on the drop of a dime if he needed to. Kirby can not cope with this, you can not defeat what you can not catch.

Black holes seem to have no problem catching light.

If the instant Kamehameha isn't enough of a surprise to defeat Kirby. Goku knows a little maneuver called the Solar Flare. He can use this effectively blinding Kirby, I've also pointed out that Kirby has no means of sensing Goku's presence so all Goku needs to need is create an energy disk, slicing Kirby in two. He can't protect himself from something he does not see coming. Even Sucking in the attack would prove to be fatal, if it comes in contact with him he is doomed. Perhaps the afterimage to throw off your opponent? Goku knows more than just the Kamehameha.

I love how the fan boys simply can't accept that Kirby can take whatever energy attack you throw at him and spit it right back out. Again, shooting stars typically move at faster speeds and with more energy than a wimpy ass destructo-disc. Solar flare? Really? Lulz.

Then there is the whole "oh Goku doesn't kill". Well he did pull of the instant Kamehameha on Cell without knowing of his regeneration ability. So in Goku's mind, Cell was dead at the moment. He also took Buu's life with the Spirit Bomb. Buu was then reborn as Uub. Not to mention he kill one of Babidi's henchmen,Yakon. Goku is capable of taking a life, he would rather not to, but if it came down to it, he has no choice.

The point (well, mine anyway) was never that Goku would never take a life, but that he WOULD NOT ever start a fight with a bitch ass kill shot attempt. That's a villian's style. Goku believes in the fight. Maybe with his back against the wall he'd try such a technique, but to the argument that Goku would just do it from the start I argue that you really don't know your hero that well at all.

This just isn't a logical fight. Goku would simply overwhelm Kirby. If Goku can go toe to toe with Buu,(let it be known Goku had the strength to beat Buu, however he let the fight drag on so Vegeta could have a chance)an indestructible monster and come out on top then I highly doubt somebody like Kirby can topple him.

Yawn. The same old talking point brought up again and again and again. GOKU CAN'T LOSE, HE'S THE STRONGEST AND HE BEAT BUU EXCEPT WHEN HE DIDN'T BUT THERE WAS A REASON FOR THAT BECAUSE HE WANTED TO LOSE AND ALL THOSE OTHER TIMES HE LOST THERE WERE REASONS AND OMG GOKU CAN'T LOSE TO KIRBY BECAUSE HE'S SO POPULAR AND I HAVE THE FUCKING MANGAS AND THEY SAY HE WINS AND WINS AND WINS! Wake up and smell the coffee guys. The poll totals, at this point in time, are proving you wrong.

BE DIFFERENT. BE BOLD. VOTE KIRBY.

OK, I have to jump in to prevent this from becoming Onslaught-levels of ridiculous.

First and foremost, I voted for Kirby because I think he could take Goku. However, he's not indestructible from the outside, is vulnerable to cuts and spikes, and has two specific weaknesses that could make him lose the edge in a fight.

1. Kirby's mouth can only hold one thing at a time. While it's true that nothing is too big for him to inhale, once he has something in his mouth he needs to either swallow it or spit it out, because he's not inhaling anything else after that. He can inhale two things if they're close enough and go into his mouth at the same time (so he could, say, inhale both Goku and whatever energy attack he's building up) but if his mouth is full, that's that.

2. When Kirby is copying someone, his inhale ability is removed. It's been this way since his Copy ability was introduced. If Kirby has a power, then he's not going to be sucking up much more than the air needed for him to float around. His energies are too focused on copying the person or being to a hilt and using his techniques. Of course, his ability to copy is so powerful that he'll have access to all of his opponent's powers, but it's something to remember.

That said, he also has a particular trump card when it comes to copying an ability: Kirby can relinquish his power at any time and turn it into a star. This star can be inhaled and spat out to create a projectile with the force of the combined total of all the power from the person he inhaled. A Goku-bullet as it were. The star can also be re-inhaled to give him his powers back, so Kirby could relinquish his Goku powers, inhale an energy blast, and then regain his Goku powers right afterwards without having to go near Goku.

Just keep all these facts in mind as you're making your arguments.

DirtyJosé;3390269 said:

[YOUTUBE]lCvSfbHSrvs[/YOUTUBE]

Like Doc, I voted Kirby because I think he has the ability to beat Goku based on copying ability and general badassery, but let's face it, the dude can be beat, as proven by the fact that you can lose the fucking game. Hell, how many times did King Dee Dee Dee beat you as a kid? And remember that level with the Sun and the Moon in Kirby's Dreamland 2? Forget about it! Those mother fucker's had my number.

Fact of the matter is, Kirby is susceptible to all types of damage, whether it be physical or energy based, and he most certainly can be defeated, and when he is, he does a silly little dance before collapsing.

DirtyJosé;3390269 said:
I love how the fan boys simply can't accept that Kirby can take whatever energy attack you throw at him and spit it right back out. Again, shooting stars typically move at faster speeds and with more energy than a wimpy ass destructo-disc. Solar flare? Really? Lulz.

The Solar Flare isn't a beam, therefore it's impossible for Kirby to catch it. The Solar Flare would easily blind Kirby and allow Goku to charge up some powerful attack for the win.

Doc you are forgetting the fact that even if Kirby defeated darkness itself, Goku is FAR from being a dark entity. Just like Kirby, Goku is one of the purest being in universe. So I doubt the rainbow will affect him just like the spirit bomb won't do shit on Kirby.

Also wanted to address this. You're taking my point WAY too literally. Unlike the Spirit Bomb, the Rainbow Sword has never been explicitly shown to only affect dark forces. It just happened to be used against Dark Matter to defeat him. The Rainbow Sword is one of the most powerful weapons there is, and it is in Kirby's possession. That is the point I was trying to make.

Okay...

So Kirby swallows Goku and takes his abilities. Surely though that would make Kirby just as vulnerable as Goku against all of the moves until he relenquishes the power? Its likely that absorbing Goku would be JUST as dangerous for Kirby as NOT taking his power and just going for it.

He could still then at least absorb energy beams, but what happens when he's absorbed one? He needs to swallow or let it out QUICKER then Goku can blast him again.

If you take it like this; Kirby is like a balloon. The more you fill him, the bigger he gets, but also the more dense the air inside him would get and also therefore the more likely it would be that with something as simple as a pin prick, should enough be in him, he would explode. Therefore...

Goku fires off a kamehameha. This is a continuous stream, Kirby takes it in the mouth, absorbs but then needs to get rid of it - in the time he takes to transfer it into an energetic matter that he can regurgitate and spit out at Goku, Goku uses the instant transmission to get behind him and blasts him with a SDF. Boom.

Kirby does NOT have the same powers as Buu. Everyone is comparing Kirby to Buu. If you remember though, Buu could regenerate so long as ONE part of him still existed. He could just reform and recreate himself and that's why the arc happened. They blew Buu up MULTIPLE times as both Majin Buu and Super Buu. Kirby to my knowledge cannot regenerate himself should he be blown apart. This is an easy fight.

Why? Why is Kirby winning?

I've been voting in this tournament so far on simple preference and haven't cared all that much. But this, this is absurd. Goku should be winning this, handedly at that.

I saw the voting and thought just, how, exactly would fucking Kirby defeat Goku. As Super Awesome mentioned; wouldn't Goku just train to the point he'd match Kirby (well, he's already stronger) and learn his weaknesses.

Kirby swallows a blast from Goku, Goku uses his instant transmission, transmits behind Kirby and completely destroys Kirby with a Kamehameha or Dragon Fist. Due to the swallowing the blast and the speed of instant transmission, before Kirby can react, it's dead and gone.

I saw the voting and thought just, how, exactly would fucking Kirby defeat Goku. As Super Awesome mentioned; wouldn't Goku just train to the point he'd match Kirby (well, he's already stronger) and learn his weaknesses.

1) Maybe if you take the time to read through some of Dirty Jose and Doc's posts, you'll see how Kirby beats Goku.

2) The opponents don't have time to train or study for any particular match. The fight begins when we say FIGHT! If they had time to prepare for the matches, Light Yagami would win the Human bracket in a clean sweep.

Kirby swallows a blast from Goku, Goku uses his instant transmission, transmits behind Kirby and completely destroys Kirby with a Kamehameha or Dragon Fist. Due to the swallowing the blast and the speed of instant transmission, before Kirby can react, it's dead and gone.

I admittedly know little about Dragon Ball Z, but I do know that NOTHING in that show is instant. It takes three episodes for one character to take a piss, and it's going to take a lot longer than an "instant" to deliver a powerful attack. If Kirby inhaled a blast from Goku, he'd quickly fire it back at Goku before the Sayin had any time to make his next move.

DirtyJosé;3390269 said:

The odds of Kirby defeating compared to the odds of Goku being defeated are much greater. As JGlass pointed out, Kirby is not invincible. Energy attacks; physical attacks—they will hurt.

So now, let’s look at how this battle is turning out. Kirby’s side is saying that once Goku is absorbed, the battle has turned into Goku vs. Goku. Furthermore, that equates to Goku’s downfall. Uhhmmm, how exactly? If the battle is indeed Goku vs. Goku, then would not the battle more likely end in a tie? Exactly how does Kirby end up victorious here? –the fact of the matter is, even if Kirby were to inhale Goku and copy his powers, it wouldn’t, in any shape or form, give Kirby any advantage whatsoever. Or are you tryna tell me that Kirby knows Goku more than Goku knows himself? Kirby is using Goku’s powers and physiology—a copy of what Goku is; Goku ,on the other hand, is using the original--what he’s always used to beat every bad guy that has come in his way. For a copy to beat an original? Lol, never.

Moreover, Kirby, once inhaled Goku, can no longer inhale anything other than the air he breaves. Thus, he is vulnerable to all kinds of attacks. Now, I present to you the ideal scenario. Kirby has everything Goku’s got, but using it as well as Goku is a challenge that will take quite a bit of mastery on Kirby’s behalf. Kirby has sucked in countless objects before; but never anything like Goku. As I’ve said before, Goku’s powers are unique; not anyone can use what he’s got and pull it off with a gold star. Captain Ginyu is a prime example at failing how to use Goku.

So it’s here where the Warp Kamehameha comes into place. Goku’s in SS4 form (anything goes in this tourney right? Afterall, this is all fake), he charges for a Kamehameha… Kirby seeing this, decides to do the same, he charges. Unfortyunately for Kirby, Goku has another trick up his sleeve, he teleports. Behind Kirby. Kirby is in shock. He bearly manages to turn around when…Bam. The mighty Kirby has been defeated.

If you're going to subscribe to the belief that you can just state as fact that Goku's Super Dragon Fist is just TEH STRONGEST ATTACK EVARR! then I'm going to continue to counter you with the belief that Kirby can take it in the mouth like a Las Vegas pro and ask for more. A shooting star moves 22500 to 157500 miles/hr. I don't think I've ever seen Goku pull a SDF at those speeds. Shooting star > Goku's fist.

So you managed to disprove the velocity in his attack. But what about the other two? A shooting star in no way has more energy than a SDF, nor is it as strong as one. Moreover, what if Goku decides to do an SDF once Kirby already has his powers copied? Kirby has Goku’s powers, but that doesn’t mean he has complete mastery of them to the point where he could use them as he pleases or as easily as Goku can. Seeing Goku doing a SDF will be a shocker, but in no way will he be able to inhale the attack in order to avoid any damage.

“But what if Kirby does one too.” Hmm, if Kirby can manage to channel the energy properly and create the move, sure; but what would the end result be. One giant explosion and both combatants are left standing. It was a tie. Both are still standing, breathing heavily, exhausted. This battle doesn’t look like it’s gonna have a victory any time soon. But… Goku hasn’t used Warp Kamehameha yet. Kirby doesn’has Goku’s powers, but he doesn’t know about combining two techniques to create a surprise attack… And so that’s how Goku wins this battle. A warp Kamehameha.

I said it once and I’ll say it again.. Goku knows himself a lot more than Kirby does. Ultimately, he knows his attacks all the more. Kirby inhaled Goku; so the fuck what? Kirby does not have the mastery of Goku’s powers that Goku does. Simple as.

Goku wins this battle because he knows himself and his powers more than Kirby does.

Because you are wrong and you are getting beaten upside the head by Remix.

What, you mean that other guy that quoted me? Lol , most of his points were moot or flawed logic. Yea, that guy really had my number. :rolleyes:

Lulz, bringing Cena into this? Wow, you really are out of gas here.

Lolwut? Brodie, I bearly watch wrestling anymore; the only reason I made that comparison is because this is, uh, you know, a wrestling site; where everyone can familiarize themselves with the comparison. Derp.

Are you going to be arguing this on the logical merits of either competitor, or are you going to arguing about it on the basis of popularity alone? Either way, you are getting beat on one front, and as the poll at this moment suggests you are getting beat on the other. You mad?

Kirby 23; Goku 18. It ain’t looking too good for Goku; but I ain’t tripping. This is a fake tournament on a wrestling site. If any where it crossed your mind that I was mad, then you took me a bit too serious. Am only playing to the moment, brahh.

1) Maybe if you take the time to read through some of Dirty Jose and Doc's posts, you'll see how Kirby beats Goku.

I have, their not at all convincing.

2) The opponents don't have time to train or study for any particular match. The fight begins when we say FIGHT! If they had time to prepare for the matches, Light Yagami would win the Human bracket in a clean sweep.

Alrighty then. Doesn't matter, Goku would still blast away that pink little bubble.

I admittedly know little about Dragon Ball Z, but I do know that NOTHING in that show is instant. It takes three episodes for one character to take a piss, and it's going to take a lot longer than an "instant" to deliver a powerful attack. If Kirby inhaled a blast from Goku, he'd quickly fire it back at Goku before the Sayin had any time to make his next move.

What are you talking about? You've clearly never seen Instant Transmission in effect. Goku uses Instant Transmission to dodge the blast from Kirby, then transmits behind him and executes the Kamehameha. That's the beauty of it. It happens so fast Goku's opponent is gone before he/she/it knows it. The Kamehameha is pretty damn powerful. Admittedly it's more powerful the longer it's prepared but Goku has mastered the Kamehameha and can deliver the right amount in any amount of time given.

If that wouldn't work then I believe Doc mentioned earlier that Kirby can only swallow one blast at a time, if so, then Goku can just launch a barrage of blasts (like he did against Cell) and overwhelm Kirby. If that doesn't finish him off then a Dragon Fist or a Instant Kamehameha would, Kirby wouldn't be able to recover in the time required after that barrage of blasts leaving it vulnerable for the finishing attack like the Kamehameha or Dragon Fist.

I have, their not at all convincing.

Alrighty then. Doesn't matter, Goku would still blast away that pink little bubble.

What are you talking about? You've clearly never seen Instant Transmission in effect. Goku uses Instant Transmission to dodge the blast from Kirby, then transmits behind him and executes the Kamehameha. That's the beauty of it. It happens so fast Goku's opponent is gone before he/she/it knows it. The Kamehameha is pretty damn powerful. Admittedly it's more powerful the longer it's prepared but Goku has mastered the Kamehameha and can deliver the right amount in any amount of time given.

If that wouldn't work then I believe Doc mentioned earlier that Kirby can only swallow one blast at a time, if so, then Goku can just launch a barrage of blasts (like he did against Cell) and overwhelm Kirby. If that doesn't finish him off then a Dragon Fist or a Instant Kamehameha would, Kirby wouldn't be able to recover in the time required after that barrage of blasts leaving it vulnerable for the finishing attack like the Kamehameha or Dragon Fist.

It would even matter because at the start of the battle Kirby would have swallowed Goku and copied all of his powers. As already stated a sayian can only be hurt by a sayian attack once since kirby has Goku's power his body knows what to defend against. Kirby could at this point make a star out of goku's powers and throw it back at him. The combined might of all of Goku's power would at least knock out the legendary warrior.

Kirby wins

It would even matter because at the start of the battle Kirby would have swallowed Goku and copied all of his powers. As already stated a sayian can only be hurt by a sayian attack once since kirby has Goku's power his body knows what to defend against. Kirby could at this point make a star out of goku's powers and throw it back at him. The combined might of all of Goku's power would at least knock out the legendary warrior.

Kirby wins

Again, Goku sees it coming and uses an Instant Transmission to move behind Kirby and hit him with a blast. If one blast isn't satisfying enough for you, then Goku can hit him with a barrage of blasts. As said, it would overwhelm Kirby and kill him. Therefore Goku would win.

I think there has been some misinformation spread regarding Goku's Instant Transmission. It is anything but instant. The actual act itself is instant but Goku's sensing of a life source is not. If his opponent is not incapacitated/distracted like Cell and Pikkon were (the former by a charging up Kamehameha and his own self-destruction and the latter by his Thunder Flash), then they could easliy take advantage of Goku as he searches for a transmission point.

However, Goku is a canny enough fighter to not make that kind of mistake or leave himself open to such attacks. He has also fought against foes with similar powers to Kirby - Majin Buu learned techniques through consumption/absorption, Cell knew his fighting abilities from his genes whilst several of the androids could absorb energy. However, perhaps the most apt opponent that Goku has faced and defeated is Yakon, the light energy eating monster of Babidi, who Goku simply fed until he exploded.

I am not saying that Kirby will fall victim to a similar tactic (although he is a greedy little blob) and as I see him very much as having a Buu type consistency, he will be a tough opponent to defeat. However, though his numerous fights against similar techniques, Kirby has little to truly worry Goku, who I see as being too fast, too strong and too savvy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back