Round 1: Kirby vs. Goku

Discussion in 'Supers' started by JGlass, Sep 1, 2011.

?

Who wins?

1. Kirby

2. Goku

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JGlass

JGlass Unregistered User

Round One

[​IMG]

These two competitors come from other planets, and as such, are vastly different competitors. Does the cute but powerful Kirby have what it takes to defeat Goku, or will the Sayin take down Dreamland's hero?

FIGHT!

2. Mac Attack

Mac Attack I'm neat.

Goku + Super Sayan = One dead pile of Kirby puff.

Ok to make this non spam Goku's immense knowledge of KI will allow him to use his KI attacks such as his Big Tree Cannon, (can't spell the classic move) and obliterate Kirby. Even if Kirby were to swallow all of Namek I am pretty sure Goku would find a way to make the puff ball explode. So this one goes easily to Goku.

3. The Doctor

The Doctor Great and Devious

The thing about Kirby is that he does more than eat - he copies. If Kirby swallows Goku, the fight is suddenly Goku vs. Goku. I don't think Goku would know how to handle that, whereas Kirby lives his life eating and copying, and would know exactly how to use his newfound powers to win the fight.

Don't let looks fool you - Kirby is one tough cookie.

4. DirtyJosé

DirtyJosé Best angle of all: retirement

Kirby here, so much so that I'm actually compelled to post about it.

Goku spends a minute to charge up. Or maybe he spends a minute thinking about how Kirby must be some sort of delicious dessert instead of his opponent. Either way, he's taking a trip into the bottomless pink hole and when he's spat back out, disoriented, he's facing someone on his power level capable of wiping him out. We're talking about the one creature that can out eat Goku here, damnit. It can't end any other way but a first round loss for Kakarot.

Vote Kirby.

5. Dr. Stinger A. Zoidberg

Dr. Stinger A. Zoidberg Stay in school and don't litter.

There are good arguments about Kirby swallowing Goku, or that Goku takes forever to charge up. However throughout DBZ, there have been times where Goku has gone Super Saiyan in a matter of milliseconds, and times where he has fired off an attack relatively quickly. However, something that is overlooked is Goku's use of Instant Transmission. He could see or sense Kirby coming up to swallow him, and then use his Instant Transmission to get out of the way. He could end up behind Kirby and fire off an attack, or he could be in the air where Kirby can't see him, and fire off a long-range blast. My pick goes to Goku.

El Rev sXe likes this.
  6. DirtyJosé

And...Kirby swallows the blast effortlessly.

Once Kirby gets the sucker in his mouth, it's over. All of his techniques and powers become Kirby's. From Instant Transmission to Spirit Bomb. Goku is the type to open up with as little effort as possible and in that window Kirby will get the chance he needs.

[youtube]vBYv7CEJ6So[/youtube]​

7. El Rev sXe

El Rev sXe If you have ghosts...

I was thinking the same thing. When Cell was about to explode if someone barely touched him, he did the instant transmission and saved (once again) Earth.

Now, you say that Kirby could absorb Goku and have his powers and etc. Well we have actually seen that 4347823974329 times. Maybe not so much, but it has happend with Cell (not directly to Goku), the androids 19 and 20, there was this lizard that absorbed Goku's ki and finally a similar case happened with Bu that ate Vegito.

That being said, how many times Goku was defeated by someone who had his level or was even more powerful? Zero, nada, aucune fois.
    In fact, the only time that Goku ws almost defeated was when he fought the androids 19 and 20, but it was by the fact that the androids absorbed his energy, but because he had a heart condition.

Goku has defeated in the past a little pink ass bitch like Kirby, he could do the Genkidama (I think in english is the soul/spirit bomb or something like that) and avoid each and every single attack done by Kirby just like he id with kid Bu.

Or he could do it like the lizard by giving all his ki and then destroying him. Other option is like he did with Bu, creating a forcefield and therefore Kirby wouldn't change at all. Then Goku could easily destory him literally from the inside out.

I insist it isn't the first time Goku faces a creature like Kirby, and just like in the past he has defeated them all.

8. SD619

SD619 Getting Noticed By Management

Goku can't be killed with the spirit bomb. During his battle with Vegeta(the first one), in the episode 'Stop Vegeta now', he says that a spirit bomb will not harm anyone with a pure heart. And also I doubt if Goku can be killed with an attack less powerful than the spirit bomb.

9. JWGunslinger

JWGunslinger Warrior Forever

Goku would kick Kirby's ass and throw him a Kamehameha before he could suck him up. I like Kirby but he is overrated, Kirby cannot stop every attack by sucking air. Once Goku has Kirby dazed with strikes and small blasts, he can finish him off with a big bang. Goku Wins!

10. DirtyJosé

If that's true, then his Spirit Bomb is equally useless against Kirby. So just swap out the SB in that video for a Kamehameha and you get the point. There's just nothing Goku can put out against Kirby that will work. Physical attacks are useless and energy attacks are even more useless as Kirby can just suck it all up and spit it right back at him.

11. SD619

If none of Goku's attacks work on Kirby, I doubt if any of Kirby's attacks or copying of any other attacks won't affect Goku much.

By the way, can Kirby absorb any amount of energy(considering that Goku has an enormous amount of it) because else Goku can overload Kirby with energy just like he did to that creature in Babidi's ship?

12. El Rev sXe

El Rev sXe If you have ghosts...

Have you ever seen DBZ? You would know that Akira Toriyama loves to create characters like that. I have to write it AGAIN, we have seen androids 19 and 20, Cell, the lizard thing and all forms of Bu. Seriously, a pink thing that absorbs enegy and can copy Goku's skills? PUH.LEASE, it's such a déjà vu. It has happened in DBZ and Goku has beaten him.

13. DirtyJosé

Well, Goku's never had an absorb technique before, so yes he'd be affected. He's been shown to be injured by blasts and attacks before. Kirby can suck up a Ki Blast and spit the energy right back at him.

14. lenguy

lenguy First Immortality..Then the Bitches

I think most people fail to realize that Goku has face somebody similar to Kirby before. Majin Buu, he had the ability to no just absorb entire people, but had the ability to steal their attacks as well, yet Goku still prevailed in that battle(with some help I might add). Too me it just makes absolute zero sense that Goku of all people would allow himself to be sucked up by a tiny creature such as Kirby. With Goku's amazing speed, Kirby simply wouldn't have the time to even think of absorbing Goku before get receives a super sayian fist to the face.

Even if Kirby manages to absorb Goku and steal all his techniques, does that make him the better fighter? No, Goku has spent his entire life in combat and is master of his own techniques. Hes not going to fall for his own spirit bomb or Kamehameha. Nobody knows how to execute these moves better than the man himself. Not to mention SD619 brings up a good point about the spirit bomb, it will not harm anyone with a pure heart.

Besides, Kirby looks like a piece of candy..a marshmallow or something, whats not to stop Goku from eating him?(sarcasm..).

Goku Wins and its hardly debatable.

Ultra Awesome likes this.
  15. DirtyJosé

Goku only beat Buu after the majority of the known world was destroyed and even then only via Spirit Bomb, a technique that has been established here as being ineffective against those with a pure heart. And they don't get much purer than Kirby, savior of dream land.

Goku is fucked. This isn't an android. This isn't a magical construct bent on destruction. So don't PUH-LEASE me when you are clearly out of your element, champ.

16. DirtyJosé

Help which he doesn't have here. And via a Spirit Bomb that has, again, been established as being ineffective here as well. So, yeah, your point?

And how effective were those punches against Buu? Yeah, that's right. Punches don't hurt much when you're a fluff of puff. Sorry.

And Kirby has a pure heart, unless you'd like to foolishly argue against that too. Furthermore, are you telling me Goku's never been hurt by a Kamehameha or other Ki Blast before simply because he knows how to do them?

He could try, and he probably would. But then Kirby can inhale him from inside, and well...that wouldn't be pretty.

Except that it is because you made no points here. Try again?

17. SD619

So well Kirby can absorb energy attacks through his mouth, then what if Goku fires energy beams from all directions using his speed?

Also, though Goku may be affected by blasts etc. he will not be defeated by it.

18. DirtyJosé

Wow that's not a weak argument at all. Also, it has been shown in DBZ that firing off rapid multiple ki blasts diminishes their potency and power, so an attack like that renders itself useless.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and guess that you are the type that will never admit to Goku being defeatable by any means. I mean, if he's so super why don't we just call it off and declare him the winner now? Oh, that's right, it's because he's not that super. He can and has been defeated before, by physical and energy attacks.

So, yeah, got anything else?

19. SD619

I do admit to that :blush: but I do have some valid points.

He has been defeated by characters much more powerful that himself. If Kirby can copy his attacks he will be just as powerful as Goku. The battle might eventually be a stalemate.

The Doctor likes this.
  20. DirtyJosé

But that's the point. Goku has nothing he can throw at Kirby that will work at all, while Kirby has the means to injure Goku in ways he has been before. It's pretty cut and dry, really.

21. SD619

Here you are agreeing that Kirby can be damaged by rapid blasts from Goku.
    Goku also can be harmed by Kirby copying his attacks. But Goku can dodge most of those attacks due to his superior speed. Also, longer the battle goes, Goku will get better due to his Saiyan abilities.

And rapid ki blasts do not render themselves useless and I don't believe that they get diminished very fast. So by the time the blasts diminish to very low powers, Goku would have caused considerable damage to Kirby.

22. DirtyJosé

Actually, I'm not. I'm saying they become weak, and again Kirby can just inhale the majority of them and spit them back out combined into a significantly more powerful blast.

First of all, if Goku could dodge everything he'd never have had any issue dealing with anyone ever, right? I mean, why couldn't he just dodge Cell's suicide bomb?

Second of all, Goku will increase in power with his Saiyan abilities, but it still won't help him penetrate Kirby's tough defense. Also, those same Saiyan traits will be helping Kirby increase in power as well.

Not likely. And when in the history of DBZ has a rapid blast like that done any damage to anyone?

23. lenguy

lenguy First Immortality..Then the Bitches

I was just throwing it out there. I think it would be pointless on many levels for ether of them to use the spirit bomb. Namely because it takes way to much time to gather all that energy and leaves you wide open and secondly it is pretty much useless on those with pure hearts.

So you are say both Buu and Kirby are of the same species? Buu could regenerate, had he not had that ability he would have been defeated on any number of occasions. I doubt Kirby has the means to pull himself back together after a massive energy attack. While Punches aren't as effective they can do damage. Gohan inflicted pain on Buu, as did Vegito. Goku even managed to land some hard blows on kid buu. The thing is Buu was able to recover from those attacks because of his ability to regenerate his and healing abilities. I doubt Kirby can take a pure onslaught of lighting fast punches and kicks for very long without the ability to recover.

I mentioned my point above to your first statement. I'm also not saying hes magically immune to these attacks I'm just saying he knows his way around them that's all. Kirby is not the master of such attacks, I doubt he could pull of something original especially if he is using Goku's attacks. It would be like fighting yourself. For Goku it would be fun that it would be in equal strength, but the skill level would be greatly different and that would play into account.

If it came down to that, then that would be Goku's greatest downfall..his stomach.

I've now explained it twice.

24. DirtyJosé

He gets too close, he gets inhaled, along with his energy attacks. Simple as that. What else you got?

Except that none of you have come up with a way for Goku to even hurt Kirby. As I said above: he can inhale any energy attack Goku tries, and getting in close for attacks leaves Goku himself vulnerable to be inhaled and spat back out. Meanwhile, Goku CAN be hurt physically, and CAN be hurt by energy attacks. This skill argument of yours is rather weak.

25. SD619

Goku uses the power-pole to attack Kirby. Kirby inhales it using his mouth as usual. Goku then extends his power pole (which can extend upto the moon) and eventually it rips through Kirby (it can rip through steel, flesh shouldn't be that tough).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.