Round 2; 29 Pacman (Arcade) v 36 Super Smash bros melee

?

• Pacman

• SSBMelee

Results are only viewable after voting.
Pacman is legendary when it comes to gaming. It's a game that I'm sure every single person here has played and it's been repackaged multiple times. You could just chase around those blue ghost and eat those dots for hours.

However, there is no way it should win here. SSBM is a fantastic game. It gives us the best of all the nintendo character in a great fighting formant. Where else can you fight as Zelda against Donkey Kong or Peach against Samus. It's an absolutely fantastic game that never gets old, especially when you're playing it with your friends. It has to get your vote here.

I went with Pacman, sue me. When it comes to gaming these two are about as simple as it gets. The object of one game is to eat dots, the object of another is to smash people. It's not like we're talking about masterpieces of gaming like a FF7 or something here.

For most people this match-up is just going to come down to personal enjoyment and nostalgia. I proudly held the high score on the retro Pacman machine at the local bowling alley when I was a kid. The machine was something like 15 years old but it still worked fine and I fuckin' owned that thing at 10 years old.

So, that's my reasoning for going with Pacman. And hey Lee, none of the other match ups besides the ones I've posted in have polls up. When you gonna get on that son?

Oh god, I'm torn b/w two games that l love. Though, SSBM has pulling me towards it. It's one of my favorite games to play with my friends when we have down time (though we play Brawl now). While Pacman will always liked, SSBM just is liked better if that makes sense.

I think I'm going for SSBM here.
Both games were made for fun. They're just pure fun, no depth or strategy required. Like X said, eating dots or beating up Nintendo characters.
But I don't think Pacman has stood the test of time very well. If you play now it's just kinda.... Boring.
SSBM on the other hand, simply cannot get boring. If you're playing it on multiplayer, anyway.
So both games are made for pure fun.... SSBM is arguably more fun. But only if you have friends. I don't expect the winner of this round to move any further.

I went with Pacman because I am trying to get an achievement going: Eat the ghosts four times in one map. Tough for me, but I'm getting on it. It's Pacman, and besides, too many Mario-related games are in this tourney, so I'm going for Pacman in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back