Round 1; 29 Pacman (Arcade) v 100 Ratchet & Clank: Tools of Destruction (PS3)

?

• Pacman

• Ratchet & Clank

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lee

Is it a bird? Is it a plane? No it's Supermod!
pacman-game.jpg

v

images

Whilst his misses went out the last round, there is no way Pacman is going out first round, let alone to Ratchet and Clank. pacman's a classic, I am sure 99.9% of gamers have played it, that lone deserves for it to go through.

Pacman easily takes this here. Still holds up remarkably well for such a simple game. Plus, I've never played the new Ratchet & Clank game. But I was never a fan of the series to begin with, I'm not very big on platformers that aren't named Crash Bandicoot or Rayman.

Pacman takes it.

Pac-Man.

There's been old school games that don't belong in this tournament. Bust-A-Move? Really? Track and Field? What the fuck is up? But Pac-Man deserves it's spot. It's worth a challenge to this day. It's spawned multiple games, including a 3-D game that didn't completely suck ass. Millions enjoyed it back in the day, and millions enjoy it to this day.

Ratchet & Clank...meh. I liked the first game. But it doesn't have near the staying power of Pac-Man. No way.

Pacman is still played by many today. Ratchet and Clank was played by many for a week. Pacman takes it here, the game has been played for 20-30 years now, and is still going strong, that shows playability. The pattern is kinda easy to pick up, but even so you can still play it for hours and hours on end. I only wish I could find a joystick for the Pacman game, I've been looking for like 3 years now, and still can't find one. Ratchet and Clank on the otherhand, well, its just your average game with lots of creative weapons pretty lame if you ask me.

Do I really need to list reasons why Pacman moves on? Ok fine, I will. What game have you known to collect quarters like a stripper who only takes 1/4 of her clothes off?

Alright bad analogy and all aside, Pacman is a classic, and probably one of my all time favorite arcade games. It's a simple game that anyone can pick up to play, but extremely difficult to master. I used to spend time at the arcade and literally pour about $15 in quarters into this game before finally going home. Pacman is also a universal sign of video gaming, and a true pioneer of what we have for video games today.

Pacman's a step up from naughts and crosses. The reason people still play it today is because it's easily ported to any hardware. Shit, I've got Pacman on my hairdryer. It's a boring game that people only like because of the nostalgia factor.

Tools of Destruction, on the other hand, is probably the finest installment in a fine series that has all but single-handedly kept the platformer genre alive the last five years. It looks like a Pixar movie and plays like a dream. You're not going to find a platformer much better than this - I'm not even sure there is one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back