Round 2; 15 Link to the past v 50 Star Craft

FUCK YES

• LTTP

• StarCraft

Results are only viewable after voting.
Crap, this is probably it for Starcraft. It still gets my vote.

Starcraft is the best RTS out there, there arent many strategy games that can lay claim to having 3 completely different races that are perfectly balanced (no warhammer, your races are unbalanced).

The story is exciting, full of unpredictable twists, an exciting conclusion and one of the most underrated villians of all time (Sarah Kerrigan). The game has lovable characters, as well as people you know will die and cant wait to see it happen.

The gameplay itself is fast paced, and any second, any mistake could seal your doom, its a battle of speed and wits.

Then there is the online... can you think of any game that is still played by thousands every day A DECADE after it was released? What about a game that is played professionally, almost religiously in Korea, to the point where it is broadcast on live TV. Watching one of their tournaments is like a soccer match, screaming fans supporting their player, its surreal to see for a video game.

Link to the Past is an amazing game, and if it wins I wont mind too much, but to me, Starcraft is the better game.

Starcraft all the way.

I mean, it's like the one game that's a religion in korea and in brazil on non-official servers. It's sequel is probably looked at like the second coming of jesus over there.

Fuck, the game is perfect in every aspect. No wonder they're taking so long to make SC2.

Starcraft gets my vote.

Starcraft all the way.

I mean, it's like the one game that's a religion in korea and in brazil on non-official servers. It's sequel is probably looked at like the second coming of jesus over there.

Fuck, the game is perfect in every aspect. No wonder they're taking so long to make SC2.

Starcraft gets my vote.

and Dragon quest is religion in japan, but taht has gone out.

There is no way you can vote over Link to the past here, heck Star Craft only got in the tournament because I fucked up something and had two teams go at it.

Link to the past is a classic, it has everything youneed in an adventure RPG, awesome story, great subgames, it lokks brilliant for a SNES game.

I'm sure there's more people worldwide still play LTTP than they do StarCraft

Starcraft hands down for me. I bought Starcraft 6 years ago, and still play it. Starcraft came out 11 years ago, and is still a damn popular online game which tournaments are still held for, after 11 damn long years. Really shows how great the replay value on starcraft is. Don't enjoy the standard RTS slug out? Then there's a bunch of other custom games made by players to enjoy. Starcraft is a game that caters to so many, it's hard not to like or enjoy Starcaft.

Vote Starcraft.

and Dragon quest is religion in japan, but taht has gone out.

There is no way you can vote over Link to the past here, heck Star Craft only got in the tournament because I fucked up something and had two teams go at it.

Link to the past is a classic, it has everything youneed in an adventure RPG, awesome story, great subgames, it lokks brilliant for a SNES game.

I'm sure there's more people worldwide still play LTTP than they do StarCraft

IGN gave Wave Race a 9.7 rating (the same rating that Goldeneye received) and yet that game was obliterated in the first round to a game that, on paper, was vastly inferior. Most people participating are going to be voting for the game they enjoyed more, not for the game that was more commercially popular or successful.

That being said, I'm voting Starcraft. I'm not trying to be biased, I've admitted that my knowledge on Zelda games was limited (LTTP and OOT are about the only ones that I could give a proper weigh in on) Link to the past was a great game, I rate it alongside SMB 3, DK Country, and MK 3 as one of my favorites for the Super Nintendo. Despite this I've played Starcraft longer and found more enjoyment playing it. Enough so that I've bought the game 3 different times (either when the disk was destroyed or lost) as well as the expansion packs. And even after nearly a decade of playing the game, I still find myself giddy with excitement every time I start the game over again as if I'm playing it for the first time. I cannot say the same thing for Link to the Past.

Vote goes to Starcraft

LTTP is good, damn good, but my vote also goes to Star Craft. I've kind of come to this unspoken agreement that I'm only going to be supporting one game from each franchise. We don't need 7 Final Fantasys in the finals and we don't need 3 Zelda games either. OoT is great enough to sufficiently represent the franchise here.

Starcraft, well, what can be said that Ech and the other above me already haven't? Revolutionary and downright fantastic in every way imaginable. As for your comment Lee that more people probably still play LTTP than Starcraft...that's a big and resounding No. You of all people should know that.

Starcraft, well, what can be said that Ech and the other above me already haven't? Revolutionary and downright fantastic in every way imaginable. As for your comment Lee that more people probably still play LTTP than Starcraft...that's a big and resounding No. You of all people should know that.

My point was that people go on about people still playing starcraft in Korea and Brasil, big whoop, whilst the rest of the world tend not to bother. LTTP is a must for retro gamers worldwide....I know more people with LTTP than I do with Starcraft.

I'm genuinely annoyed so many people are voting against it for a game that as a whole just doesn't beat the Zelda experience,

My point was that people go on about people still playing starcraft in Korea and Brasil, big whoop, whilst the rest of the world tend not to bother. LTTP is a must for retro gamers worldwide....I know more people with LTTP than I do with Starcraft.

I'm genuinely annoyed so many people are voting against it for a game that as a whole just doesn't beat the Zelda experience,

Ok, that's your opinion, and I get that LTTP holds a spot for you. I've played it, and love the Zelda series. I truly do. But to say that LTTP is better than SC is like far fetched. I mean, it's been 11 years, I believe, and Starcraft still has gamers. And I'm talking hardcore gamers, Lee. You got to take into account that Starcraft has perfected aspects of RTS, and its story is fantastic too. And multiplayer on that game is godly too. I mean, you can spend hours on Big Game Hunter Map and still not have an end to it. And you don't even want for it to end.

I'm sorry, but I fail to see how LTTP can be better than Starcraft. Truly.

Well I think it's pretty obvious which way I'll be leaning, considering I'm not a big RTS fan, and LTTP is my favorite Zelda of all time. With LTTP you have one of the greatest action/adventure games to ever be released, and I'm sad to see people are going with Star Craft over it. While Starcraft may be one of the best RTS game ever, LTTP in its heyday was a piece of art wrapped around an amazing game, and I don't think it gets nearly the respect as it should. To this day I consider it the best game to ever come out on the SNES, even better than Super Mario World, Chrono Trigger, and the FF games.

So do the right thing, vote LTTP.

The LTTP experience is just a action-adventure game. While Starcraft does much more then just a RTS, it allows you to make your own custom maps, own custom mini games. To your specification to enjoy. Because of this starcraft caters to more people, thus making the experience much more bigger.

To the comment that Link To the Past is a work of art... So is Starcraft.

One of the most underrated parts of Starcraft is the single player, overshadowed by the excellent multiplayer I might add.

The game has a compelling story, an epic war full of twists, murders, betrayals, and once again, one of the most underrated villians in any game. The missions are fun enough, but its the story that keeps you playing the single player.

Link to the Past played more then Starcraft nowadays? Absolute bullshit, I cant see how you could honestly think that.

Look, LTTP is a great game, but Starcraft is so much more, its one of the very few games, and the best game to master the Real Time Strategy genre, a genre that is extremely hard to master due to balance. And this game has managed to get three completely different races and balance it completely, there arent many Real time Strategies that can brag about that.

Link to the past is great, but Starcraft is better, Vote the better game over nostalgia.

Starcraft is the second best of the Blizzard games, and since the best was already unfairly eliminated, then I'll vote for this one until the bitter end. I'm really only voting Starcraft because I love Blizzard games. I've also never been entertained by a Zelda game in my life, and will gladly vote against OoC. Zelda, to me, is a piece of overrated shit. Starcraft is great, and has spectacular replay value. It deserves to go over, here, and it looks like it will.

Starcraft is the second best of the Blizzard games, and since the best was already unfairly eliminated, then I'll vote for this one until the bitter end. I'm really only voting Starcraft because I love Blizzard games. I've also never been entertained by a Zelda game in my life, and will gladly vote against OoC. Zelda, to me, is a piece of overrated shit. Starcraft is great, and has spectacular replay value. It deserves to go over, here, and it looks like it will.

I love how you say it;s the 2nd best of the blizzard games....I'd happily vote one of the greatest games by Nintendo over the second greatest game by a company that has three games...

Do what is right people, vote for Link to the Past, with no LTTP you have no OoT which you people cream over.

I love how you say it;s the 2nd best of the blizzard games....I'd happily vote one of the greatest games by Nintendo over the second greatest game by a company that has three games...

Do what is right people, vote for Link to the Past, with no LTTP you have no OoT which you people cream over.

There is no shame in being the second best game by a company that produced World of Warcraft, the most popular and played game in the world. Link to the Past is not one of the greatest Nintendo Games of all-time. I could name dozens, and dozens better.

And I could have sword that you actually posted how you were tired of people bringing other games into your arguments. I see here you being a hypocrite, and using OoC as an argument for Link to the Past. Cheap Lee, cheap.

LTTP is the better game here. I'm not gonna get caught up on how many Zelda games are in the tourney or what other Blizzard games there are or any of that shit.

Simply put, both were very good games but LTTP was better. I love playing LTTP just as much as any Zelda game that I've ever played. It's just much more entertaining than Starcraft to me.

LTTP is the best video game ever made.

The story is amazing and it shows how a villain adjusts to a hero. Gannon employed less force and more magic to try and thwart Link.

The light world is a difficult combination of battle or puzzles, and that is less than half the game. I spent over a month in front of this game trying to beat it without the strategy guide. I seriously only left the house to go to baseball practice.

This game is why I am fat, and for that reason, I vote Link.

You call the Zelda series an overrated piece of shit, but yet you didn't give one damn reason why you think that. If I didn't know any better, I would think that you never even played ALTTP before. With a ridiculous claim like that, you better damn well back it up.

Yes, StarCraft has plenty of features, but there is such a thing as "Too Much" in a video game. StarCraft, along with many other RTS games are very overwhelming to a lot of people which is StarCraft's biggest flaw. I tried StarCraft, but didn't get into it, just not my type of game I guess. A Link To The Past is an enjoyable game for nearly everybody while StarCraft only appeals to a selected RTS fan audience.

It can't get much better than A Link to the Past. The two Worlds concept was brilliant for it's time and is possibly the first game ever to make it work. The music is some of the best I have heard in any video game(my personal favorite is the Dark World theme), and the overall experience is very satisfying, it is the perfect definition of a timeless classic. StarCraft is putting up a tough fight, but it really shouldn't stand a chance, ALTTP is and will always be the superior video game.

It has come apparent that an alt has made two votes in this match up for starcraft....it is for that reason Starcraft will be docked two votes.

Maybe Star Craft is too much game for you. That you can't play it doesn't mean the game sucks. It means YOU suck. Badly.

LTTP couldn't stand its ground against a game so detailed, complex, and balanced as Star Craft. No way in hell.

First of all, I know how to play StarCraft, I was just saying that a lot of people are overwhelmed by it, not necessarily me, I just didn't get hooked on the game. Secondly, I never once said StarCraft sucks, it is one of the greatest RTS games ever made, but it is going up against one of the greatest games of all time. At least I made an argument for ALTTP, unlike you, who just made a post to flame my opinion, if you really think StarCraft is better than ALTTP, give some reasons.

Reactions: gd
I can't believe we are on the edge of knocking out another Zelda game, and like the last one it's going up against a pretty good game, but no where in it's calibur...AT ALL. People, this is A Link To The Past, in you even picked up and played this game you'd know this hardly needs any explanation. Starcraft is a fun RTS, the best RTS? Hell no, but I'm sure a Blizzard junkie would tell you differently.

It's not a nostalgic vote, it's the better game.

Shigeru Miyamoto instant classic.

EDIT: Wait a second...did someone just call Starcraft...complex? Aw shit it's a pro-Blizzard. *faceplam*

I have noticed that alot of the link to the past have simply been saying, "Its Better, vote the right choice"

This whole round has alot of fanboys, I have displayed my reasons why Starcraft is the better game, and not many on the Zelda side have.

As for the post saying Starcraft is overwhelming, thats what the story is for, it eases you in slowly, teaching you everything. The first campaign is almost like a tutorial campaign, only picking up in the final missions, and at a steady rate.

If you skipped straight to the multiplayer and got overwhelmed, thats your fault, Starcraft does not have too many options, if it did it would be imbalanced.

And to Mr PPV.

CONGRATULATIONS, You have won this tournament by dismissing the complexity of Starcraft through your well crafted and thought out post "Wait a second...did someone just call Starcraft...complex? Aw shit it's a pro-Blizzard. *faceplam*"

I can not argue these points.

I can not even argue that there are MORE ZELDA FANBOYS IN HERE.

Starcraft is a very complex game, every race is a different learning experience, there are vast build orders, macro and micro comes into play, each unit is weak against something, that is, there are no op units.

And people are still coming up with new strategies 10 years later.

Read that again.

People are still coming up with NEW STRATEGIES 10 YEARS LATER.

I fail to see how a game with little complexity has that achievement.

Or how a game of little complexity is still played widespread professionally in other countries.

Think your post out next time, Hypocrite.

So, because people like Zelda better they are fan boys? I see you writing this post with tears in your eyes upset that someone doesn't like Starcraft.

Chill out and stop taking yourself so seriously.

Starcraft is an inferior game. The story is disjointed, and advances at a snail's pace. Many of the actions are redundant. It seems like you have to do the same mission time and agains just in a different setting. At least in ALTTP, every task is unique.

Furthermore, Starcraft, does not push the envelope graphically. This is my problem with Blizzard in general. Their games are visually middle of the road. ALTTP maxed out the graphic capabilities of SNES.

Starcraft is an inferior game. The story is disjointed, and advances at a snail's pace. Many of the actions are redundant. It seems like you have to do the same mission time and agains just in a different setting. At least in ALTTP, every task is unique.

That is a piss poor argument to make FTS. Starcraft is an RTS and you're criticizing it's story? Should we start criticizing the plot of Madden as well? And no, every task in LTTP is not unique. It's "Go here, fight this, go here, get this, go here, fight his". Not saying the gameplay is bad, but it's hardly "unique". It has been done 12 million times before and since.

Furthermore, Starcraft, does not push the envelope graphically. This is my problem with Blizzard in general. Their games are visually middle of the road. ALTTP maxed out the graphic capabilities of SNES.

...Graphics? You're judging GRAPHICS now? Ridiculous, would you cite the graphics of Halo 3 as a reason why it's better than Super Mario Brothers? Of course not, graphics should play the absolute smallest role imaginable in this tournament, if they should even be counted at all. Otherwise, any game made in the 80s and 90s should get the fuck out.

Furthermore, Starcraft, does not push the envelope graphically. This is my problem with Blizzard in general.

It doesn't have to, FTS. Blizzard's specialy is making games for everyone to play and not have problems with it. Fast as I know I could put on Warcraft 3 and its expansion and play it on almost any pc that's out there right now. That's the whole point of it all. Blizzard can make a great game, and have it look not-so-spectacular and sell it like hotcakes. hell, even EA can pull that off with The Sims. besides, it was '98, and they spent so much time balancing out the races, that IMO, they probably didn't give a shit about graphics.

And Starcraft is STILL a game that's played. It's got a shitload of durability(11 years is a long time), and it can still entertain. No way in hell it's inferior.

If you look at the thread closely, it's all fanboys posting about their games 'cept for Xfear, because he has his excuse. And it's a good point: Why would you want to clutter the tourney with so many games of the same franchise. It goes nowhere, and it gets uninteresting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back