Round 1; Link to the Past(15) v Capcom v SNK2

?

• Link to the past

• Capcom v SNK

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lee

Is it a bird? Is it a plane? No it's Supermod!
images

v

images

Here you have my favourite video game of all time, against a beat em up that I don't really like. Needless to say I will be voting for LTTP, more in depth reasons will follow.

LTTP takes this one easily.

Capcom vs. SNK2 was pretty meh for me, they made it far too easy to pull off all your special attacks, making fights pretty much nothing more than a 3 hit affair. I wasn't very impressed by it, and I was hoping for a far better game from two companies that specialized in fighting games.

As far as LTTP goes, this was the very first Zelda game that I have played, and I have literally finished this game from start to finish twenty times or more. The dungeon levels were beautiful, the puzzles were difficult, and I always enjoyed finding the little ways to further along the game and bypass certain parts. Also spent a lot of time playing this game with my father, so again great family memories of this game.

HELLO! LTTP obviously. Zelda is probably the best gaming franchise ever made, with the exception of Final Fantasy (that's right Mario fanboys, Zelda is better).

LTTP was a great game, the best in the series outside of Ocarina of Time. To be honest I only played the SNES version a handful of times, but I did have the Gameboy port (was called "Link's Awakening" but was pretty much the same game). Wasted hours of my life on it as a kid.

Either way it beats SNK2 pretty easily.

damn XFear...Links awakening was a complete different game, it was the immediate sequel to LTTP. There was a GBA port of it however, just to clarify Link to the Past is NOT Links Awakening.

The depth of a storyline and ease of gamplay make this an easy win for A Link To the Past.

Capcom vs. SNK is up against arguably the greatest masterpiece of all time in gaming.

damn XFear...Links awakening was a complete different game, it was the immediate sequel to LTTP. There was a GBA port of it however, just to clarify Link to the Past is NOT Links Awakening.

Huh? Maybe I'm thinking of a different game then, I thought they both shared pretty much the exact same gameplay/structure? I know the actual plot itself was different (Awakening was a sequel, correct?) but they were two very similiar games weren't they?

Either way I HAVE infact played the original Link to the Past, so I can vote for it with confidence either way.

yeh the game play is very similar, though the plot is very different. Link to the past is a true gaming marvel, and best of all...it's not dated, you go back and play some games they look shit, whereby LTTP has stood the test of time :)

yeh the game play is very similar, though the plot is very different. Link to the past is a true gaming marvel, and best of all...it's not dated, you go back and play some games they look shit, whereby LTTP has stood the test of time :)

I just played the LTTP JNes ROM and beat it at my job a few weeks ago. That game just doesn't get old for me.

Oh, and F the Superbomb. You spend the whole game wondering how to blow up that damn crack in the wall, and you use a hard-to-find item ONE TIME IN THE WHOLE DAMN GAME to open it up. (Sorry, had to vent...)

Chalk this one up to Link to the Past, and as X said, Zelda and Final Fantasy are easily by far and away the two best gaming franchise out there (Mario Shmario, pfft). The Super Nintendo is a beloved console, and pretty much LTTP is considered the best game for that console, that's strong. I have a hard time thinking any of the fighting games outside of the really big names are going to do to well. The one dimensional nature of those games hurts in the long run, especially a game as rich as this particular Zelda game.

Capcom vs. SNK2 was a basic beat em' up, With nothing that made it stand out at all. It provided no real challenge as the special's were incredibly easy to learn.

Zelda: Link to the past. Genre-defining action adventure. In this third game in the Zelda series, the land of Hyrule is thrown into turmoil. Ravaged by disasters and pestilence, the country quickly embraces the wizard Agahnim when he uses his magic to restore order. But not all is at it seems. A Link to the Past begins with a distress call from Princess Zelda, who speaks to young hero Link through his dreams. Link sets out on a long quest that takes him through countless dungeons, two distinct worlds, and has him face off with countless monsters and oversized bosses. One of the best games of all time. Highly addictive stuff.

Link gets my vote.

I've only ever played LTTP but after doing research Capcom v SNK seems like a different version fo Street fighter/MK with the only thing to do is beat the person and go on to the next round. I like games like that and i may have voted for it had it not been against one of the best games in the 2nd best game franchise ever (Resident Evil being the first)

Yeah, LTTP is the clear winner here, the only people who would vote for Capcom vs SNK are people that clearly haven't played the masterpiece that is A Link To The Past or they are hardcore Fighter game fans. My vote goes to Zelda.

Years later when I gave my SNES to my cousin as a hand me down, I had but one rule: You must never ever erase my fully completed LTTP save file...
Year even later when she outgrew it and gave it back to me it was still there my childhood accomplishment preserved.

While the VS. game was a fun weekend rental, it doesn't compare to a game that advanced VG storytelling by leaps and bounds, profvided numerous years of enjoyment and set the stage for Ocarina of Time.

Well I am quite sad that C vs SNK is going out so early. I really like the Capcom vs series, they're always insane and fun. One of the best arcade fighters ever, in my opinion.

But it's going up against Link to the Past. I mean, come on. This game is simply 2D perfection. The puzzles, the temples, the items. I think it's second only to OoT, and that's only because of the slightly disappointing battle with Gannon at the end. Apart from that, it's practically impossible to fault the game. It's really going to go far.

Capcom vs. SNK2? Your generic fighting game, correct? If I remember right it is, anyway. I liked Street Fighter 2 a whole lot more than anything this game could come up with.

Link to the Past?!?! Arguably the best game to grace the Super Nintendo? The depth of storyline, the look, everything. Greatness.

One of the first great RPGs versus a generic fighting game. Please.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back