B Round 1; 54 Gears of War (Multiformat) v 75 Crash Bandicoot (PSone)

?

• GOW

• Crash

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lee

Is it a bird? Is it a plane? No it's Supermod!
images

v

images

As great of a game as Gears of War is, I have to go for Crash here.

Crash for my money is still the greatest platformer ever made. One of the games that really put Playstation on the map, and I still pop the original in every so often to play a few levels and smash a few crates. It's just simple, awesome fun at it's absolute best. Seriously, just thinking about the game now makes me want to go play it. Shit, I'm going to do just that.

Gears of War...fun as hell, I'll give it that, and a great story as well. But it doesn't define the shooter genre like Crash defines the platformer genre. Seriously, all of you new kids who are addicted to Gears of War, put your X-Box down and find a nice 2nd hand copy of Crash. Even by today's standards of insane graphics and online capability, it's still one of the funnest games I've ever played.

Nintendo had Mario, Sega had Sonic, and the sony playstation had Crash Bandicoot.

I realise he probably wont get a lot of love from harcore Xbox fans here, but he was the man when I was 8. The original, although not as good as Crash Bandicoot 3: Warped in my opinion, is still a timeless game. The multitude of bosses, secrets and cool levels (running away from boulders and riding a warthog being some)

I know a lot of people were raised on Crash and fighting Neo Cortex, so just for that special place it holds in ym heart, and for really putting Playstation on the map, I vote Crash. You should too

Crash Bandicoot, the ultimate in failed Platform Games. Crash was so exclusive, that I can now buy him on my XBox, how is that a great platformer, considering, um, the Playstation still exists and hasn't gone out of business. Crash was nothing mroe then a wannabe Sonic or Mario, but failed miserably.

Gear of War on the other hand is one of the best games of this current generation. Beautiful lush graphics, intense gameplay, great voice acting, awesome weapons, and a compelling story that drives you to finish this game once you've started it. Gears of War should win this one in a cakewalk.

How can you call Crash Bandicoot the best platformer when Mario, Sonic and Donkey Kong exist? Crash was a third rate, attempted rip off of all of the above. It was absurdly simple of a time and console where true 3D was a capability (see Mario 64 and Spyro) and was really just a "3D" rehash of platformers of the like seen on the SNES.

GoW in a landslide.

They have defined the recent generation of video games. Heck, I've been playing the 2nd one nonstop lately. Great graphics, voice acting, and storyline. If they cast the right people in the roles and follow the storyline, this will be a great movie.

Sorry but Crash took my vote. Don´t get me wrong, GOW is a great game and number 2 is much better IMO and that makes me excited for a third one. But Crash was just so good, the first one was one of many to greats to come. Crash 1 was probably the best of all the adventure crash games and the fact that I played ages on it just makes me want to vote for it even more.

Gears. Crash wasn't the best game in the world but it had limited playtime, I would be pretty bored after a while whereas in Gears I had to play and play to get through the game. The story was gripping had intense action and kick ass weapons. Gears and Gears 2 were fantastic games to play and should easily beat that what is a poor attempt at platforming by Sony.

Crash Bandicoot, the ultimate in failed Platform Games. Crash was so exclusive, that I can now buy him on my XBox, how is that a great platformer, considering, um, the Playstation still exists and hasn't gone out of business. Crash was nothing mroe then a wannabe Sonic or Mario, but failed miserably.

This has jackshit all to do with the fact that it was a great game. So what if it later became available for other consoles and more gamers to enjoy? Microsofts boxed in thinking by only allowing gears of war on the Xbox is fine, but it shouldnt make Crash Bandicoot a lesser game. Oh, and I see you mentioned Sonic, well he was the SEGA mascot right? Oh what? His games are on Nintendo now? Well that makes all of his games absolute crap.

The fact that it isnt exclusive means jack shit all to a game. The fact that it was innovative, better than Sonic games and on par against Mario games, propelling the Playstation to great heights, means it obviously wasnt a miserable failure.

How is it a great platformer, even though the playstation hasnt gone out of business? I mean I dont even know the point you're trying to get across, a great platformer needs a bankrupt game company?

DON'T LISTEN TO THE RAMBLINGS OF A MADMAN! VOTE CRASH!

The fact that it was innovative, better than Sonic games and on par against Mario games, propelling the Playstation to great heights, means it obviously wasnt a miserable failure.

Are you insane Crash Bandicoot doesn't deserve to be mentioned in the same breath as Sonic and Mario. Ask anybody who isn't a video gamer about games and they will know Sonic and Mario whereas Crash won't even be mentioned. Crash 1 was an Ok game I will give it that but the sequals sucked ass. Sonic 1, 2, 3 and Sonic and Knuckles was all fantastic games, Mario 1,2,3,World,Kart,etc have all been fantastic games whereas the Crash franchise failed after Crash Bandicoot 1.

I'd say the worst game I listed from Sonic and Mario was Sonic and Knuckles, but even that is still way better than Crash 1. What was so innovative about it as it seemed to me they were making a subtle attempt to copy Sonic. Think about it they have a fox who spins to defeat enemies and collects apples.....sound familliar? maybe like a Headgehog who spins to defeat enemies and collects rings?

Look like I say I thought Crash 1 was an OK game but to say its better than Sonic and on par with Mario is madness.

And once again people bring up SEQUELS.

Oh the first game was good, but the sequel sucked ass....well I hate to burst yoru bubble but this is for Crash Bandicoot one. I really enjoyed the game and was a good mix of 2 and 3d platforming.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back