Round 1; 50 Star Craft v 79 Ultima Online

?

• Star Craft

• Ultima Online

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lee

Is it a bird? Is it a plane? No it's Supermod!
images

v

images

Have to go for StarCraft here. Never played Ultima, but it looks like a run-of-the-mill MMORPG, a genre I've never been a very big fan of.

StarCraft though is great. Might just be the greatest real time strategy game ever made. It took all of the original concepts of games like Dune II, and absolutely perfected them at a time when the RTS genre was really struggling. StarCraft is probably the best game that Blizzard has ever released, even better than Diablo.

I prefer Warcraft III personally but all Blizzard RTS seem to follow the same formula - and when I played Starcraft, I enjoyed it a lot. Fats paced ,pretty balanced and less tedious than games like AoE. Its continuing popularity in places like Korea, in though it's been out for quite a while now, shows why this game should progress.

Haven't played Ultima, but common it looks exactly like a standard MMORPG. Boring as hell. Starcraft however was so much fun, and actually made you think. Quite possibly the best RTS ever. X said it right that it was Bliz's best game ever, and to me it was by far. It gets my vote with ease.

I have to give credit to Ultima Online, it has had a great run, but still, it is nothing to Star Craft's run. My friend was pretty hardcore into it. I didnt like it, but I have to give it my vote here. He used to play against the Koreans a lot in it, and they would have some epic battles. A game to be that diverse makes it a good game.

Star craft gets the vote here. While I've never been a great or avid RTS enthusiast, Star Craft was by and far probably one of the best to ever hit the market, and to this day still has a raving fan base. Ultima Online meanwhile, was pretty meh, I played it for a few days and got bored with it very quickly. So we're going with arguably one of the best RTS games to be released, vs. a so so MMORPG wannabe.

Pretty easy decision in my eyes anyways.

Starcraft.

For one reason, and one reason alone. It keeps me playing despite the fact that one phrase exists: "ZERG RUSH!" That fucking pisses me off more than anything in this world, but I still persevere beyond the jackasses that find it funny to Zerg Rush and end a match in 3 minutes. Yeah, because that's a lot of fun. /facepalm

Ultima Online? Lame. 'Nuff said.

Even though its slow compared to some RTS today, and is a little boring in comparison, Starcraft gets my vote. Loved it when it came out, with new and innovative system being 3 different species with different styles of play.

The face that no one has played Ultima Online should be reason enough for its outing.

I just started playing StarCraft and it reminded me so much of why I backed this game for my nomination. This game is purely fun and epic at the same time. I find it so much more enjoyable than the versions than WarCraft (haven't played WC3 or WoW). The one factor I love about it than most of these games didn't have until after this one (maybe Diablo, I don't know, I apologise if wrong) is the storyline that runs throughout, just with the main game but the expansion. You have one long story being played out that runs together, not just random assignments of destroying one for the sake of winning, you actually have a story to follow and this what put this game up a notch.

StarCraft automatically has my backing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back