Roman Reigns / WM 31

Agent Orange7

Dark Match Winner
I QUICKLY went through the first few pages of the ppv forum and didn't see anything that looks like this, I had this thought as I woke up this morning and I wanted to throw it out there before I start my busy day...

They way they are building up Reigns, especially with the Superman Punch ---- could he end The Streak at WM 31 next year? (Assuming Taker gets by Lesner this year) For some reason I woke up with that vision in my head.... Reigns flying through the air and hitting Taker with the Superman Punch. Also, could that move evolve into being a "finisher" for Reigns, or will it be the spear more often than not?

The Streak will never end.

WWE should spend the year building up Reigns with the aim being that at Mania 31 he's in a prime position to become their new world champion.

Although I do feel The Streak should end I dont think Reigns is the guy to do it. I prefer Bray Wyatt being the guy to end The Streak AT WM either next year or in two years.

As for Reigns I still next year will be too early for him to be in the World Title picture let alone winning the strap. I see Reigns facing Batista at next years show, possibly even Lesnar.

There is one plan for Reigns for Mania... and it's in 2 years time... 32 headlining against his cousin...The Rock.. Rock puts him over, job done...

So it's all about making that potential match a) viable, b) happen and c) be meaningful.

Next years Mania has been decided already with the face turn for The Shield... they will solider along for the next 9 months, as a unit with the caveat Regins may well win the Andre Battle Royal...or MITB on the way... Rollins and Ambrose keep good buddies, until Reigns starts to look at cashing in... then self interst gets in the way, it might even go to the Rumble and all 3 guys being major players... 31 is where the Shield finally face off against each other in the Triple Threat... Ambrose comes out on top, cos it is pointless building a Rock without an Austin... Reigns v Ambrose if done right can be the next legendary rivalry...

Reigns cashes in, perhaps on Ambrose himself and goes into Summerslam next year champion... does 4 or 5 months, finally losing and Rocky shows up soon after and once again, takes the belt... it sets up the collison course... Rock v Reigns for the title at 32... with all the blood, thunder and drama that would bring... family choosing sides, Uso's could be involved, Ambrose... even bring Austin in as ref...

I don't think he will fight Taker,Batista or Lesnar he will either face John Cena for the hvt. title,The Rock or Triple H. But for real I see him facing HHH at Summerslam and rematching him in HHH retirement match at 33 or 34.I see his WM looking like
31-Cena hvt. title (other main events include Sting/Taker,Rock/Orton,and Batista/Lesnar
32-The Rock (other main events include Cena/Taker,Orton/Ambrose,Cesaro/Angle hvt. title,Wyatt/Sting
33-Reigns vs Cena II
34-Reigns vs HHH II (HHH's career on the line)
35-vs Wyatt

They way they are building up Reigns, especially with the Superman Punch ---- could he end The Streak at WM 31 next year?

It's actually an interesting question, but one that concerns Mark Calaway and his streak more than Roman Reigns. No matter how big Reigns can become by WM31, he'll still be too raw and inexperienced to be regarded as the guy who has a chance to end the Streak......it will take someone with a much deeper reputation and a lot more time in the business.

In fact, I doubt anyone will be allowed to end the Streak, but just for purposes of this topic, let's presume someone could.

It would have to be someone at the very top in the business, in ability and accomplishment. To WWE's credit, since the Streak became something truly cherished, they've been putting guys up against Undertaker whom many thought had a realistic chance of beating him: Shawn Michaels and Triple H. I thought both had a chance because they've got the goods and long-term reps to do it. There would have been no shame in 'Taker losing to either one.

I didn't think CM Punk was going to stop the Streak, nor did I feel Edge or Batista had a real chance. Brock Lesnar's occasional forays into the world of pro wrestling leave him short of the mark, too: I don't think he's ending the Streak at WM30.

I believe John Cena could turn the trick and, to a lesser extent.....Sting. No, I don't think they want to bring in a guy who spent his entire career somewhere else to come in an beat 'Taker.....I'm just saying Sting has the long-term ability and notoriety to do it, as very few others do.

Roman Reigns? Well, consider the A-list of wrestlers presented above. No matter what he accomplishes in the next year, I can't conceive him becoming "immortal" enough in such a short period of time to be even considered for ending the greatest streak in pro wrestling.......which is not to say he won't be the world champion by then, just that it's going to take someone much, much more accomplished over a long period of time to merit consideration to end Undertaker's undefeated run.

I would like to see Roman Reigns win his first world championship defeating Brock Lesnar.

I would like to see Roman Reigns win his first world championship defeating Brock Lesnar.

It has been a couple weeks since I posted the original topic posed in this thread and we now know the streak is over - I certainly did not see that coming one bit, but after hearing some stuff and knowing how it went down and all, it does make sense. This quoted post saying the person would like to see Reigns win his first world championship defeating Brock Lesner.... you very well could see. After having Brock defeat the streak, I could certainly see him going into WM31 as the champ with Reigns winning the Rumble and being the challenger. That too makes a lot of sense. Reigns went on a huge tear at the Rumble this year, almost winning, why not have him win it next year. And why have Brock beat the streak unless you're going to really do something with him? I'm not a Brock guy, so watching him beat The Undertaker really sucked for me, but the shock value was so fabulous that I was ok with it after I had time to process. So go ahead, put the belt on Brock, then have Reigns take it from him.

It has been a couple weeks since I posted the original topic posed in this thread and we now know the streak is over - I certainly did not see that coming one bit, but after hearing some stuff and knowing how it went down and all, it does make sense. This quoted post saying the person would like to see Reigns win his first world championship defeating Brock Lesner.... you very well could see. After having Brock defeat the streak, I could certainly see him going into WM31 as the champ with Reigns winning the Rumble and being the challenger. That too makes a lot of sense. Reigns went on a huge tear at the Rumble this year, almost winning, why not have him win it next year. And why have Brock beat the streak unless you're going to really do something with him? I'm not a Brock guy, so watching him beat The Undertaker really sucked for me, but the shock value was so fabulous that I was ok with it after I had time to process. So go ahead, put the belt on Brock, then have Reigns take it from him.

Hmmm, interesting. This all depends on where Roman Reigns is at by the time of the Rumble compared to guys like Wyatt, Bryan, Cesaro, and Lesnar. Can they build Roman Reigns strong enough to put together a legitimate main event with Brock Lesnar for the title? I don't think there is any doubt that Lesnar will be defending the title at Mania 31 but does he face John Cena or somebody like Reigns? I agree with your point about WWE using Brock to really build somebody as a legitimate force in the WWE, however I think Brock is more likely to face Bryan at Mania than anybody else. Reigns is a close second though and anything can happen between now and Mania 31 so who knows.

Hmmm, interesting. This all depends on where Roman Reigns is at by the time of the Rumble compared to guys like Wyatt, Bryan, Cesaro, and Lesnar. Can they build Roman Reigns strong enough to put together a legitimate main event with Brock Lesnar for the title? I don't think there is any doubt that Lesnar will be defending the title at Mania 31 but does he face John Cena or somebody like Reigns? I agree with your point about WWE using Brock to really build somebody as a legitimate force in the WWE, however I think Brock is more likely to face Bryan at Mania than anybody else. Reigns is a close second though and anything can happen between now and Mania 31 so who knows.

You are certainly right with the "anything can happen" point... especially with potentially injuries. Remember Triple H's quad injury back in the day, that was a complete fluke, stuff like that can happen.... and it can change EVERYTHING! They might think they know what they want as the main event at WM31 already, but because of circumstances, that could change a dozen times between now and then.

Since you brought up Cesaro, let me pose this question --- is it possible for a manager (Heyman) to be both a heel and a face? Obviously, when he is with Brock he has to be a heel, but I'm conflicted on my thoughts about Heyman with Cesaro. Heyman is such an easy character to hate, but I have to say, he does an amazing job of drawing that hate, he really does!

I think Roman will win the 2015 Royal Rumble and face John Cena for the hvt. title in all seriousness.If they wanted to do Reigns vs Lesnar it should happen at the 2015 Royal Rumble or Survivor Series (with HHH sending Lesnar after Reigns.) But like I said I think he will be ready for the title and Cena by WM 31 if WWE handles it right.

I like Reigns and feel he has a huge future but WWE seem to want him to run before he can walk, he's still in need of plenty of polishing before I'd put the WWE title on him and give him the Mania main event.

If it was up to me WrestleMania 31 would be the site of The Shield triple threat.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back