Roman Reigns out "Several" Months?

OYDK

King Of The Ring
WWE, or more specifically Michael Cole, keeps commenting that Roman Reigns' current injury is likely to keep him out for "several" months... We know the extent of Roman Reigns' injury is not TOO severe and he is more likely to be out for somewhere around 6-8 weeks. So my question is, why does Michael Cole keep touting that Reigns will be out for several months instead of saying 6-8 weeks? Is this just some ploy by WWE to make Roman Reigns look like a "Superman" to the casual fans when he comes back s lot "earlier than expected"?

OR And this one is pretty far out there... Is WWE writing Roman Reigns off TV until after Wrestlemania?

This theory is a lot more plausible than it sounds seeing as Roman Reigns wasn't quite ready to take that next step before he was injured, and his injury now leaves him no time for improvement seeing as we'll be well on the Road to Wrestlemania by the time he comes back. Also, there's another guy that's supposed to be returning at roughly the same time... Daniel Bryan is somebody that is already established as a special main event player who was just beginning his run at the top when his injury sidelined him. If they really wanted to, they could easily pick up the same momentum from last year's Wrestlemania with DB and make it even more epic with Bryan going against Lesnar.

Really, it all depends on how much trust WWE has in Roman Reigns at this point. If they have unmoving faith in him they will have Reigns return in the Rumble match, enter number one and just run through everybody to win it. If not than they go the Daniel Bryan option and to me as a fan, that's fine.

So, what do you make of this "several" months nonsense. Is it a ploy to make Reigns look stronger than he really is? or are WWE writing Roman off TV until the night after Mania 31?

Is he likely to be out the same 6 to 8 weeks that Daniel Bryan was likely to be out?

It's kind of tough to take chances when surgery is involved and they've been burned once this year already.

Well the definition of several is "more than two but not many". So he could be out for 9 weeks and that could also be several months.

He had surgery and they are giving you a time frame for his return. I believe the doctor said it could be from 6-8 weeks or maybe 3 months. Cole isn't probably throwing out the longest time possible, so the fans won't be pissed if he does take the full length of time to recover.

Don't forget even after they give him the okay, he'll still have to do some training to get ring ready and to make sure he's 100% before they let him come back. All they need is to have him come back early, do something to reverse what they fixed, and be out for 6 months to a year because he rushed it.

And where are you getting the information they are writing him off TV till Wrestlemania? I haven't seen that anywhere and considering how much of a push he was getting I don't think that's the case. I don't think when he had the surgery he would have been ready for Mania either, and thought he needed this time to get there, and maybe he won't make it but I'm willing to give the guy a shot. He's shown how far he's come in 4 years and there is no doubt he can make it if his body let's him.

And everyone keeps going on about Daniel Bryan coming back at the same time, and getting the push over Reigns. Bryan has been out since when April. If he does return in December or January, he'll have been gone for 8-9 months, he won't be ring ready either, especially since we don't know how well he's healed. They were even going to do a second surgery on him at one point in time. So this notion that he'll come back, waltz in, beat Lesnar and take the title, sorry I don't see it happening either.

I'm not saying he'll go back to the midcard but he'll have to start out slowly, or again he could re-injure himself and be out for another year. I don't think anyone can predict what's going to happen from now going forward, as when these guys come back, we'll have to see what condition their in and it could change the whole landscape of the title scene going into Mania.

Roman has got a long road ahead of him.. Now even longer than before because he was being rushed way too soon IMO to headline WM next year.. He was nowhere even close to being ready by then and this gives WWE and Roman a chance to regroup.. I have no doubt that Roman will be a mega superstar he has the look and everyone is chompin at the bit for him to be in the ME scene..

Roman has got to be careful with this injury... Take your time and if it really is several months,(Several to me is 4-6 months,not 2). I know Michael Cole keeps saying Roman is out several but like someone said,it might be a way of keeping that superman mystique about him..

Comes back early like Cena did and conquers everyone in his way.. When Roman is ready his cardio will suffer at first,timing will be off and he is gonna lose strength.. Roman will be involved at WM just not in the title picture IMO! Next year for Roman maybe,but again dont push this guy too fast

They are saying "several" months because it is vague and then the fans don't know exactly when to expect him back.

When people think of "several" they probably think of like 3 or 4 or even more. That means they might not expect Roman back until the New Year.

WWE is keeping it vague and distant so that if Roman comes back for Survivor Series or even Royal Rumble it will be a bigger surprise.

Personally, I hope they wait until Royal Rumble and bring Roman back because I think it'll be a bigger pop for him. He's been built to look strong before he left so he can pick up where he left off and have a strong Royal Rumble and be more than ready for the road to WrestleMania, fresh and strong.

If he's back before the new year we know that Reigns has joined Cena, Batista and Triple H as part of the permitted HGH brigade.

They did the same thing with John Cena when they said he would be out for 6 months and he came back in 2 months. It's to make Roman Reigns look super human, even though he isn't. Nobody is buying into Roman Reigns. He was fine with The Shield because he had Ambrose and Rollins, but now he's boring as fuck.

'Several months' is a term used loosely, he comeback could coincide with Survivor Series and even if he's not in tip-top shape, they can hold off on his actual in ring return for a couple of weeks after that.

Well the definition of several is "more than two but not many". So he could be out for 9 weeks and that could also be several months.

He had surgery and they are giving you a time frame for his return. I believe the doctor said it could be from 6-8 weeks or maybe 3 months. Cole isn't probably throwing out the longest time possible, so the fans won't be pissed if he does take the full length of time to recover.

Don't forget even after they give him the okay, he'll still have to do some training to get ring ready and to make sure he's 100% before they let him come back. All they need is to have him come back early, do something to reverse what they fixed, and be out for 6 months to a year because he rushed it.

And where are you getting the information they are writing him off TV till Wrestlemania? I haven't seen that anywhere and considering how much of a push he was getting I don't think that's the case. I don't think when he had the surgery he would have been ready for Mania either, and thought he needed this time to get there, and maybe he won't make it but I'm willing to give the guy a shot. He's shown how far he's come in 4 years and there is no doubt he can make it if his body let's him.

And everyone keeps going on about Daniel Bryan coming back at the same time, and getting the push over Reigns. Bryan has been out since when April. If he does return in December or January, he'll have been gone for 8-9 months, he won't be ring ready either, especially since we don't know how well he's healed. They were even going to do a second surgery on him at one point in time. So this notion that he'll come back, waltz in, beat Lesnar and take the title, sorry I don't see it happening either.

I'm not saying he'll go back to the midcard but he'll have to start out slowly, or again he could re-injure himself and be out for another year. I don't think anyone can predict what's going to happen from now going forward, as when these guys come back, we'll have to see what condition their in and it could change the whole landscape of the title scene going into Mania.

1. To me, a couple is two, a few is three-four, and several is anywhere from 5-12. I'm sorry but when I hear somebody will be out for several months I don't think 3 months, I think the better part of 6. WWE knows this too.

2. They're not giving us a time frame for his return at all. WWE has not once mentioned that the expected recovery time for this injury is 6-8 weeks. They've only been touting "several months." The full length of time to recover is 8 weeks...

3. It will take Roman Reigns MAYBE 2 weeks to get back in ring shape. 10-12 weeks is not several months imo.

4. I said WWE writing Reigns off TV was a plausible theory... Never said I heard the information from somewhere. What I was getting at was WWE could easily rest Roman Reigns for the next 6 months so when he returns he starts off fresh instead of coming back after a month and a half and continuing the below decent run that he has been having. WWE could have the same amount of buys or more with Daniel Bryan replacing Reigns at Wrestlemania and piggybacking on their momentum from last year's Mania which was one of the best imo. Reigns can easily come back after Mania and challenge Bryan for the belt as a heel or as a tweener face.

5. The notion that Daniel Bryan will be ANYWHERE near the mid-card when he comes back is laughable. Daniel Bryan NEVER LOST his WWE Championship. Therefore he is the number one contender WHENEVER he decides to come back. Daniel Bryan's return is scheduled for January... Not his recovery time, his return. Meaning that if everything is according to plan with DB right now, he will be ring-ready by the RR. Him waltzing in and beating Lesnar is a very real possibility.

6. Lesnar vs Reigns (RR Winner) vs Bryan (#1 Contender) maybe?

Had to finally and break down and join the forum specifically because of this issue...not expecting to post much here though.

I had an incarcerated right inguinal hernia back in 2007 that put me in emergency surgery also. Unless you've experienced this, you fail to see how big of a deal it actually is. You basically cannot engage in any physical activity for a solid 6 weeks. As a matter of fact, you cannot lift anything heavier than a gallon of milk for 4-6 weeks. If you do, you risk tearing the abdominal wall again...surgery, back to square one. Not to mention its just painful doing anything for a solid 3 weeks at all. Moving from a seated to standing position is hard work. I didn't follow doctor's orders to a T, which is more than likely why I went through 5-6 stage 2 and 3 groin tears over the next 4 years. Those put me down for 2-3 months at a time.

I'm not an athlete or built like Reigns, but I was a fairly healthy in-shape 22 year old at the time. My hernia was between the size of a golfball and a baseball that I could visibly see...sounds very similar to Reigns. This surgery is a big deal. When they say 2-3 months, they mean 2-3 months.

I just think it's a ploy to make him look stronger to the casual viewer.

They went overkill showing Reigns talking in the hospital bed. They would have been fine with a pic or had a video of the doctor talking. You don't see other sports do having the hurt athlete in the bed talking after surgery.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back