Roman Reigns gets briefcase thrown at hime

dammit typo

anyways
i dont know whats wrong with canadian fans
at least here, on the west coast

6 years ago attacking jericho outside the arena in victoria
now this
and the show the night before in vancouver(2009) someone threw popcorn at Orton and he got in their face

Didn't Reigns have beer thrown at him in Edmonton as well. Don't know what's got into Canadian fans these days. This wouldn't have happened in Toronto, we actually appreciate it when the WWE shows up.

I guess Reigns popularity, which is even diminishing at house shows is beginning to show.

I guess Reigns popularity, which is even diminishing at house shows is beginning to show.

But I thought he's getting his fans back and been improving with connecting to the crowd. Was that just some sort of eyewash on us by WWE? Is WWE been just using fake Cheers and chants to boast his popularity? I don't know not sure..

But I thought he's getting his fans back and been improving with connecting to the crowd. Was that just some sort of eyewash on us by WWE? Is WWE been just using fake Cheers and chants to boast his popularity? I don't know not sure..

Well I don't really know. After the Rumble this year, he was getting boo'd on TV a lot. Things have seemed to improve somewhat, but we've always heard that no matter what we hear on TV, he gets loud pops at house shows. They've used a lot of guys to help get him over, and maybe the fans are beginning to see or sense it. Like I've always said, if he can't get over himself, then it's time to pull back and look at other options.

I'm stunned at the Canadian fans out west. They never do this kind of shit, like throwing stuff at people. As I said, here in Toronto since we haven't had a RAW in forever, we are thankful that they show up even to put on a house show for us. Usually every wrestler heel or face gets a reaction of some sort, in a good way though. Been to the last 5 house shows here, and while the crowd is always loud I've never witnessed anything like this. It just doesn't happen here.

EDIT: The next show is the end of September, and I have tickets for it. He's not on the card so far, and really hoping it stays that way. Wouldn't want to sit thorough that kind of crap, it would ruin the whole thing.

Wrestlers of today have it easy when it comes to emotional , rowdy , drunk fans at ringside. Have you ever read a biography of Ric Flair , I remember him talking about the old days and fans trying to stab him, a time when he was in Russia wrestling against a very popular athlete, the crowds ( acting like it was real ) were into the match. In Ric Flairs corner was Rowdy Roddy Piper. At one point, Piper grabbed the Russian's foot and had armed guards point their rifles at him. The Russian pinned Flair but he kicked out at two, everyone in the crowd reacted like it was three and started going crazy. To avoid a riot, Flair agreed with the ref and left the match as it was.

I think stab attempts or getting stabbed back in the day was a little worse than this. A side note, C.M Punk had alot of trouble with crowds as he choose to walk through them at times. I think if you choose to walk through the crowd , you are playing those odds that a fan will not act the way they should sometime.

Didn't Reigns have beer thrown at him in Edmonton as well. Don't know what's got into Canadian fans these days. This wouldn't have happened in Toronto, we actually appreciate it when the WWE shows up.

I disagree that his popularity is decreasing. I was at the house show in Knoxville, Tennessee last month, and he got the loudest pop of the night from the crowd (No, the noise wasn't piped in).

Vancouver is the place where in 2011 they destroyed there own city Cuz there hockey team lost in the finals aka the vancouver riots

I disagree that his popularity is decreasing. I was at the house show in Knoxville, Tennessee last month, and he got the loudest pop of the night from the crowd (No, the noise wasn't piped in).

Knoxville, those inbred ham and eggers. Did Reigns come to the ring by “Rocky Top?” Those coon dogs down there love ‘em some good ole’ “Rocky Top.” Went to a Vols game a few years back and wanted to blow my brains out after about thirty seconds. They play that damn song for everything. Loss of three yards for the home team, “Rocky Top!”

Vancouver is the place where in 2011 they destroyed there own city Cuz there hockey team lost in the finals aka the vancouver riots

Trashing your hometown following a championship victory is perfectly acceptable but to do it when you're a loser is another story. They truly are bottom feeders.

On topic, this was an unfortunate incident. It is almost as if Reigns was in the wrong spot at the wrong time. Had this jackass been given the opportunity to take a cheap shot at any other Super Star who is to say they wouldn’t take it? I do not believe this has relation to his popularity.
Wrestling fans can be some vengeful SOBs. Part of me hopes some Dirt Sheet reports the name of the assailant, if law enforcement processed the fan, and the fan boys unleash. Nothing like social media justice for a good laugh.

You can't even equate the two events. The Canucks lost in the Stanley Cup finals, when they were expected to win. All of Canada was upset over that, and to this day the Boston Bruins get boo'd out of any arena they come to play in here.

Hockey is Canada's national sport. We view it the same way the English think about soccer, the US dominates basketball, and India and Pakistan fight over cricket.

Vancouver had the best record in the NHL that year, and everyone thought they would win the Cup. They didn't and people got upset. Not saying they were right, but it's a huge difference from a Roman Reigns/Bray Wyatt WWE match. A match I might add in a scripted sport, unlike hockey, and a match that only the people in attendance there knew or cared about.

Rather surprising of the west coast canadians I am shocked. Most definitely you would expect that shit out of the americans but not canada! When i visited everyone was so nice,and polite. Especially Vancouver! But Romans popularity has been on a downward descent since Royal rumble time IMO..

But what a dick move by whoever did that! That could have caused a concussion to Roman those Replicas are as close to the real deals as possible

Rather surprising of the west coast canadians I am shocked. Most definitely you would expect that shit out of the americans but not canada! When i visited everyone was so nice,and polite. Especially Vancouver! But Romans popularity has been on a downward descent since Royal rumble time IMO..

But what a dick move by whoever did that! That could have caused a concussion to Roman those Replicas are as close to the real deals as possible

I don't even understand how the guy got it into the arena. You are checked twice before you go through, and can't take anything. The only things I have in the my purse, are cigarettes, wallet and car keys. They will even pat down your coat pockets. Replica belts are allowed, as most of them were bought at house shows, but I've never seen a MITB being carried in or sold at the concession stands.

I'm wondering if they were aiming for Bray Wyatt and hit Reigns by mistake, that video wasn't great.

Alternate interpretation of why this happened: The guy was an asshole. Someones popularity is really irrelevant or the location it took place is irrelevant. Whether he was aiming for Bray or hit Roman, he wanted to hurt someone.Or maybe he just wanted the attention/fame and didn't care/realize that someone would get hurt.

I did love how the fans booed him and yelled "Kick him Out" (I think).

Wrestlers of today have it easy when it comes to emotional , rowdy , drunk fans at ringside. Have you ever read a biography of Ric Flair , I remember him talking about the old days and fans trying to stab him.

One of the Nasty Boys got stabbed in '91 or '92 in the town I go to shows in. I didn't attend that one and it was outside the arena after the show but I remember hearing about it. I believe a couple of other wrestlers were involved in the situation as well.

The people associated with throwing the briefcase were moronic.

Heel or face or popular or not. Don't throw shit at the wrestlers.

Go watch the show. Have fun. Don't be an asshole. Don't ruin shit for people around you.

You wouldn't go to a play and throw shit at a character you don't like. What makes you think it's okay to do it at a wrestling show?

It is not surprising what people will do these days. The question is how did they get all the way up to the front row with that brief case, where was security. If that was there seats why would you spend money like that just so you can do something stupid and get kicked out. If you do not like Roman or any other wrestler why are you there in the first place. Heel or Face all of the wrestlers are awesome, if they are a heel that is there job to get you to dislike them. The guys and gals are there to entertain us respect them and what they do.

You can't even equate the two events. The Canucks lost in the Stanley Cup finals, when they were expected to win. All of Canada was upset over that, and to this day the Boston Bruins get boo'd out of any arena they come to play in here.

Hockey is Canada's national sport. We view it the same way the English think about soccer, the US dominates basketball, and India and Pakistan fight over cricket.

Vancouver had the best record in the NHL that year, and everyone thought they would win the Cup. They didn't and people got upset. Not saying they were right, but it's a huge difference from a Roman Reigns/Bray Wyatt WWE match. A match I might add in a scripted sport, unlike hockey, and a match that only the people in attendance there knew or cared about.

I agree with what you said, but I want to add something that most people honestly don't think about...

I've been a life long Vancouver Canucks fan, and even if they had won the Stanley Cup there would have been a riot. We have way too many stupid people in this province that will use anything as an excuse to set things on fire. They did it in '94 and '11, and they'll do it again win or lose next time.

As for last night.....I can't tell you what would drive a person to be so stupid. As a wrestling fan for a very long time you start to realize that they, the wrestlers, owe us nothing. These men and women beat themselves up for our entertainment nightly, and we as fans have a very simple responsibility; Go to the show, and have a good time.

That's it.

The guy that threw the brief case was horribly out of line, and for that, I apologize. I really do, because there are great wrestling fans out this way, but unfortunately we get grouped in with these idiots because that's what people remember at these shows. They don't remember that back in 1992 The Ultimate Warrior was in the Main Event against the Kamala and squashed him in under a few minutes. They don't remember that back in the late 90's we got to see a buried alive match between The Undertaker and Stone Cold Steve Austin. None of this matters, because the only thing people will remember are a group of people who threw a brief case at Roman Reigns.

You know what the sad thing is? When we didn't see the WWE here for a long period of time, it wasn't the WWE who pulled the plug on shows here, it was the city. Why? because there were just too many issues with small group of "fans"...

It's sad, but this is why we can't have nice things here. Too many people ruin it for those who deserve it.

The Western Canadians are usually the ones that get a little too rowdy and out of hand at sporting events, especially Vancouver. People like to crucify the fans of Toronto or Montreal for being ignorant, arrogant pricks, but it's usually the west side of this country where fans of almost anything get a little alcohol in them and become brain-dead morons.

As for the idiot who threw the briefcase, if I were Roman Reigns I would have went out there and invited the clown into the ring. I doubt he'd be such a tough guy when faced with an angry Roman Reigns challenging him to a real fight.

Don't know what's got into Canadian fans these days.

Must be the higher alcoholic content in the beer, no? :blush:

labatt.jpg

Look at that. 6.1%? Aren't American beers more like 4 or 5%?

At any rate, it was apparent Roman Reigns really felt the effects of that briefcase. These guys have to take enough physical trauma in the ring.

Is it true that the fan suffered no punishment beyond being thrown out of the arena? He should have been arrested.

Must be the higher alcoholic content in the beer, no? :blush:

I don't know about that. They serve beer in other cities and you don't hear of this happening in Toronto or Montreal, where you would think fans are the rowdiest. Doesn't happen when the WWE goes to Halifax and other cities in Eastern Canada either.

Seems it's just a Western Canada thing now. What with the briefcase incident in Vancouver, and the fan throwing beer on him in Edmonton. The Edmonton one boggles the mind the most. Reigns played for a year on the CFL's Edmonton Eskimos football team, so you would think that's where he would get the best reception. Obviously not.

But I agree the fan should have been arrested. Might stop this crap from happening again. I just hope the WWE doesn't turn their backs on these cities though and ruin it for the fans who show up and behave themselves.

This incident seems like the type of thing that would be capitalized on if it was like 17 years ago. Roman Reigns would turn heel and blame the fans for it, and then refuse to enter the arena through the crowd any more. He would be accompanied to the ring by security guards in order to protect him from "these rabid, animalistic fans", and every time he entered the ring he would be littered with trash like the NWO.

But no that would be too fun and interesting, and would actually get over huge. We don't want that. Instead this real life incident that could be used to create a natural character evolution will be swept under the rug and Reigns will be in a filler tag-team match at SummerSlam.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back