Roman Reigns face turn

ASKane

Championship Contender
On Raw and Smackdown last week we got the first glimpses of a Roman Reigns face turn and on Raw I saw more evidence for his face turn and that his turn will be big. This time his dirty looks were not aimed at fellow Shield members but they were towards HHH, Steph and Kane. I have read multiple comments about the segment and I think it went very unnoticed so I have added a link below and if you skip to about 4:30 you can have a look and see if you saw what I did.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ACXL05PZ74

I watched it and you're right there was a look but I think the look was too subtle to create interest though. I think once they have the turn and they show video packages they might slip it in though. I hope this post doesn't count as spam there's not really much to work with here.

I'm all for this. I've felt like out of all members of The Shield, he has the biggest chance to breakout and be one of the biggest names. His look and size are what Vince likes. The fact that he's The Rock's cousin is just icing on the cake. I really think he's a WWE or World Champion before 2014 is over.

I think at Mania is when we see them officially become enemies. I can see Ambrose still being US Champ and defending it against Reigns and Rollins in a triple threat.

I'm so glad I wasn't the only one who noticed it. :blush:

I was also wondering if something was going to happen with him that very night, when it was only Ambrose, Rollins and Orton beating on Show in the ring. I didn't even know where Reigns was for a small amount of time. Then he took Show out with the ring steps and was a bit disappointed if I'm honest. :p

I love The Shield as a collective group, and I understand and and appreciate they've got more in the tank and have a role to play in The Authority story, but at the same time I'm very excited and ready for a split and a Reigns face turn too.

I think roman reigns is good face because he is a goodie in real life and I think he is the future of the company so I think that he would be a good player in the faces but not in the heels if you know what I mean

maybe if he goes face he might make a stable with the usos and rikishi and the rock and make a samoan stable that would be so cool and they could all do a haka at the top of the stage? :)

Wow. I have never seen something read into so much on this site until now. Congratulations.

Roman Reigns' default resting face looks like he's disgusted and is smelling poop. Storyline wise, if Reigns wasn't comfortable with what was going on, why the hell would he attack Big Show with steel steps and be all kinds of pumped to put the big man through the announce table? Normally, when a character is foreshadowing a face turn, it's not a hidden thing like this over analyzed "oh man, I think I see him giving someone a dirty look" type thing. It's pretty noticeable, and the announcers almost always pick up on it. This misconstrued supposed dirty look is simply what I have stated. There is no Roman Reigns face turn coming soon. Next week it'll be more of the same business as usual with Roman and the rest of the Shield.

I think the look was more at kane as in to say what has happened to you.

his face turn if it happens will more than likely involve the uso brothers by saying roman this is not you you are better than this

@Ziirox, Roman did show us that he is a bit displeased with Ambrose.And Ambrose losing his tag team match with his boy Rollins didnt help.

Tho I agree that its reading too much into it as it pertains to this video.The others times he looked at Ambrose when he was saying sttuff like " I m the only champion left in the shield " are sure indicators of a face turn. But this doesnt mean he will suddenly change who he is. He is still a Shield member he is still a bad guy and wants to hurt faces.

This will be a slow turn and that's good cause we've had these past few years just freaking turns everywhere that didnt make any sense.So I'm glad they are taking their time.

According to a report I read yesterday, the turning Reigns babyface is going to be fast tracked as WWE officials see Reigns as someone who could be the next "golden boy" for the company.

Reigns has done a great job in his role as the mostly silent muscle for The Shield, saying something only when he feels the need rather than to hear himself talk. As I've mentioned, Reigns has a great look and his resemblance to The Rock really is striking. Honestly, if you were to put the two of them side by side with The Rock having a goatee, the long hair, dressed identically and lacking the big tribal tattoo, it'd be hard to tell them apart.

However, I definitely need to hear & see more from Roman Reigns' promo work and how he's able to do in more than just a very small handful of singles matches that he's had so far before I can see him as the potential "golden boy" for WWE. I'm also hoping that they don't simply try to turn him into a copy of The Rock because of their familial connection and strong physical resemblance. Reigns has come a long way in the course of a year, as have all the other Shield members, but Reigns has done it all without any mention of being part of a legendary wrestling family. I'd rather they kept it that way, at least for quite a while, until Reigns has been very strongly established because it can sometimes set guys up to fail in the eyes of some fans. While anyone who's done even the slightest bit of research on Reigns knows he's related to The Rock, WWE actually coming right out and saying that he is, especially as part of a storyline, will immediately have fans obsessing over the subject. Before long, you'll have the "Is Roman Reigns the next Rock?" threads popping up in which a good deal of them will all but say they want WWE to do exactly that: make Reigns a carbon copy of The Rock. The major pitfall with that is they'll label Reigns a failure if he doesn't make it as a clone of The Rock, then here'll come the "WWE dropped the ball with Reigns" bullshit. I know what Dwayne Johnson did back in the day and it was great, but I personally don't want a Rock impersonator. I want to see what Leati Joseph Anoa'i brings to the table.

It's an interesting proposition. On the surface, I would have thought Reigns would be the last one in the Shield to turn good. The other two make more noise than Roman and it seems they would advertise themselves more with their mouths, whether as good guys or bad.

Upon further reflection, though, the idea of a good guy who's menacing in appearance but performs as the strong, silent type might be exactly the kind of face WWE can use. Most faces talk up a storm, so a guy who functions on the side of good but leads with actions instead of words might be just the ticket.

As previously discussed, it seems most performers prefer to play bad guys because it's easier to make fans hate you than like you. It's time to see if a good guy can capture the fan's loyalties with what he does instead of what he says. I can't think of anyone better than Roman Reigns to try it.

When I read about the potential Reigns turn a couple of weeks ago the article said it would be done slowly, to me that makes sense as he hasn't had a lot of mic time and only a few singles matches. To me they should use the 2005 Batista face turn as the blueprint. Hopefully the fast tracked news is false.

I also think the engineering of the turn will be important, right now he has a cool, badass swagger like Diesel had before they turned him face, the last thing WWE should do is what they did to Diesel back then and more recently with Sheamus, and turn him into a smiling, hand slapping, joke cracking Cena-lite.

He's also done too much dirty work for Triple H and Steph to suddenly turn noble, his turn needs to be about his realization that What's "best for business" sees him protecting the WWE Champion, not being the WWE Champion.

I don't think its happening anytime soon,at least before the Rumble or Elimination Chamber,but i would love to see it...he's good in the ring,and has the potentials and the perfect body that Vince's like,so i think it might be at WrestleMania or the night after it,,i hope it takes the right way! :)

this company is really trying to ruin everything these days.

they can't let anything be organic, they have to force things down everyones throat. remember ryback? he started getting over until you force fed him to us when he wasn't ready for it......roman reigns is a billion times more talented but for the love of god let the FANS turn him, that's how punk and bryan got so massively over....the short-sightedness of this company is ruining wrestling

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back