ROH LD - 10.6.2015; Bullet Club vs. Kingdom, Castle vs. Liger, reDRagon vs. Addiction

The Dragon Saga

Whale in a Teardrop
2d147wo.jpg

[YOUTUBE]JdDKAR3wqC8[/YOUTUBE]​

The Best Wrestling on the Planet returns to Destination America this Wednesday night at 8:00 pm eastern / 7:00pm central.

The wrestling world is buzzing after Ring of Honor's intense debut on Destination America last week. This week’s Ring of Honor Television returns with 4 amazing matches and comes to you from the historic Ted Reeve Arena in Toronto, Ontario, Canada.

ROH World Tag Team Champions, The Addiction (Christopher Daniels & Frankie Kazarian) will take on the men from him they stole the championships, reDRagon (Bobby Fish & Kyle O’Reilly). Will The Addiction employ the services of their friend Chris Sabin as they did when they won the championships on a recent edition of ROH Television? Fish & O’Reilly are thirsty for retribution and will stop at nothing to get it. They want their championships back and get their opportunity this week!

Dalton Castle will take on Jushin “Thunder” Liger in a battle between and coming star and a bonafide wrestling legend. Castle has created a buzz among fans with his unique presence and in-sing style. New Japan Pro Wrestling legend Jushin Liger has won championships the world over. Castle is looking to make an impact during his Destination America debut and would love nothing more than to beat a legend! Liger will be no pushover and will provide Castle his toughest challenge to date.

Brutal Burgers have exploded! ROH cult favorite Cheeseburger will face the man who betrayed him, his former Brutal Burgers partner Bob Evans. The fans of Ring of Honor have always shown a fondness for the undersized underdog with an immeasurable heart. They despise “Brutal” Bob for his despicable actions. Cheeseburger will be coming for revenge while Evans will be aiming to finish Burger off.

The two hottest factions in professional wrestling collide as The Bullet Club takes on The Kingdom in our main event. Karl “Machine Gun” Anderson & Doc Gallows recently lost the IWGP Heavyweight Tag Team Championship to their opponents this week, Matt Taven & Michael Bennett. Karl Anderson blames the distractions provided by the Queen of the Kingdom, Maria Kanellis, for the loss. The antagonism between these teams has only been seen in Japan until now! Anderson & Gallows represent the Bullet Club, the dominant force in New Japan. Taven & Bennett represent the Kingdom, the dominant force in Ring of Honor. The battlefield has shifted from New Japan Pro Wrestling to Ring of Honor and you fans get to witness two of the best tag teams in the world battle it out this week on Ring of Honor Television on Destination America!

The fact that Jushin Liger is in the ring yet people are cheering so much for Dalton Castle is a prime example of how awesome Castle is. Dude is gold.

...this guy Bob Evans looks like a slob.

And holy shit, what the fuck am I watching right now? Cheeseburger? This guys name should be tooth pick.

I never thought I'd see Cheeseburger compete in a wrestling match on national TV.

I never thought I'd see Brutal Bob Evans kill Cheeseburger on national TV.

I'm seeing a lot of things I thought I'd never see.

Still not a fan of companies parading around the championships of other companies on their television.

IWGP champs? Who cares?

Still not a fan of companies parading around the championships of other companies on their television.

IWGP champs? Who cares?

Yep. I remember TNA making such a huge deal that they had those same titles and for the life of me I did not care. Just stop and focus on your own belts, which should be the most important tag title in the world.

Yep. I remember TNA making such a huge deal that they had those same titles and for the life of me I did not care. Just stop and focus on your own belts, which should be the most important tag title in the world.

With Motor City Machineguns. Yeah. Hated it then, still hate it now.

Actaully, I think Team 3D did something with those titles too. I vaguely remember there being some match where like twelve belts were on the line (not the Angle holds every title one).

NOBODY PUSHES RED SHOES.

This episode was better than last weeks, but again it's kind of hurting because these were taped before the Destination America deal was announced, which will be amended the week after Best in the World. Otherwise, two weeks and Shinsuke Nakamura makes his national TV debut.

Actaully, I think Team 3D did something with those titles too. I vaguely remember there being some match where like twelve belts were on the line (not the Angle holds every title one).

That's what I meant. They had a double ladder match at Final Resolution with eight wrestlers and four belts. It was a mess and they had to be very creative with the booking because Team 3D was undefeated in Japan and that could not change in America.

I would think this would be allowed for the next few weeks since this was taped at a Co-promotional event where said titles were a part of the company that was there with RoH

Kinda sad, I originally thought the main event would be the Bullet Club/Kingdom six man from WOTW night 2. Whatever, I'll see the rematch in two weeks.

Otherwise, two weeks and Shinsuke Nakamura makes his national TV debut.

Motherfucking big time, baby.

I also don't mind guys toting belts from Japan on the show as long as the brand does a solid job of laying out for the audience why it matters that they have those belts. Its especially ok in the case of ROH and NJPW were they regularly share talent, and have somewhat of a crossover audience.

I'm not too caring either way, just to clarify. In the case of NJPW, I think it's fine. When Killer Elite Squad were in ROH a few weeks ago they had the NWA Tag Team titles with them and the titles weren't mentioned, because truthfully, why would they? They're kind of meaningless at this point. The IWGP Tag titles though are the heavyweight tag titles for the second largest company in the world and the guys holding them are "outsiders" in Bennett and Taven. I think it adds some diversity at times, it definitely added a lot to reDRagon and The Young Bucks feud with them trading the IWGP Jr. Tag Team titles like they did.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back