ROCKAMANIA #3: The Rock should end the streak

Should The Rock end the streak?

• Hell yeah!

• No, Batista should end the streak

Results are only viewable after voting.

TheOneAndOnlyGOAT

Championship Contender
The Rock is arguably the biggest star in wrestling history and possibly the greatest WWE superstar of all time.

I think a Taker vs Rock WM match is inevitable.

Here is what The Rock had to say on the possibility of potentially ending The Streak in 2012:

"Maybe. Look — I’ve wrestled The Undertaker a whole bunch of times. The guy’s amazing. What he’s been able to do over the years and all the injuries that he battles back from. I just saw him last night. He looks fantastic. He’s ready for his match. … I wouldn’t rule anything out.”

At this point, there is nobody that could make you think he'll end the streak except The Rock and possibly Cena.

With The Rock going into the Hall Of Fame next year, do you think he should put his career on the line against the streak?

The streak should only be beaten by a guy who is going to wrestle full time for atleast another 10 years after the match. It should be used to build a guys legacy not cement it. For me it should be Reigns or Wyatt, the future top face and heel in the company. It should not be Rock, Lesnar and definitely not Cena. As for what you said about nobody but Rock or Cena having believability in terms of beating the streak, if Reigns wrestled Taker at Mania I would believe that Reigns could win, if Rock wrestled Taker I wouldn't, don't state opinions as if they are facts

Next time you do a poll pick far better options because you have said either Batista or Rock and no other option. It should be Yes for the Rock or if you think No comment on who it should be

The streak should only be beaten by a guy who is going to wrestle full time for atleast another 10 years after the match. It should be used to build a guys legacy not cement it. For me it should be Reigns or Wyatt, the future top face and heel in the company. It should not be Rock, Lesnar and definitely not Cena. As for what you said about nobody but Rock or Cena having believability in terms of beating the streak, if Reigns wrestled Taker at Mania I would believe that Reigns could win, if Rock wrestled Taker I wouldn't, don't state opinions as if they are facts

Next time you do a poll pick far better options because you have said either Batista or Rock and no other option. It should be Yes for the Rock or if you think No comment on who it should be

Well we all have different opinions. There are two 3 types of wrestlers that could end the streak:

-All time greats: The Rock, Cena (25/26: HBK, 27/28: HHH...)
-Possible Future of the company: Reigns, Bryan, Wyatt (21: Orton, 23: Batista, 24: Edge, 29: CM Punk...)

The Rock's place in the all-time great list is definitely ahead of Cena so yeah I can see him ending the streak just like I did with Hunter and Michaels.

I don't think any "young talent" should end the streak. Wouldn't be against it but definitely they need at least 3 years or something of experience.

What if Reigns got a career ending injury two years after ending the streak?

Best if an established all-time great like Rock ended the streak.

Why should the rock end the streak? The rock is already the greatest superstar ever, he doesn't need to end a phony baloney fake streak. Why would anyone want to see rock vs taker at wrestlemania? The rock shouldn't job to taker and the streak. The rock is bigger than the streak. The rock should be in the main event of wrestlemania, if he ever wrestles again, with brock lesnar not being a number in a fake streak.

Good points on both arguments. What if a young dude like Bray or Roman didn't pan out long term even with beating the streak? On the other hand, does an established great like the Rock really need that on his resume? I don't think so, but at the same time it wouldn't feel right having someone who hasn't paid their dues take it either.

I personally don't think anybody should beat it. I don't necessarily agree with the whole "streaks are made to be broken" because they haven't given Taker this record his entire career just to have someone come along 20+ years later and take it...that wasn't the point of creating it...it was created to make Taker have his own special legacy.

I don't think it should be compromised because few people think it should be broken...let him take on Brock this year, Sting next year, and Cena in his retirement match in his hometown and win every one. No reason for Rock to get heat chasing something that wouldn't really even fit. Rock isn't the type to call out Taker of all people and want that...at least that's my opinion.

No reason for Rock to get heat chasing something that wouldn't really even fit. Rock isn't the type to call out Taker of all people and want that...at least that's my opinion.

Exactly. The rock is levels ahead of the undertaker and the streak. No reason for him to lower himself to that level. When the rock comes back, it's a big deal. If you think about it, the only reason the streak has been existent for such a long time coz taker never faced a face of the company (hogan,austin,rock,cena) in their prime. If he did, the streak would've have been broken. The undertaker only asks mid-card technical wrestlers to face him because for one, he knows they won't end his streak and two he'll be worshipped for being in a great match. No way the rock will end the streak and he shouldn't waste his time jobbing to taker. The rock needs to face brock lesnar, the rock needs to face roman reigns, the rock needs to face bray wyatt, mix the rock with the up and coming talents, the future of the business not a guy he's already defeated on more than one occasion.

Exactly. The rock is levels ahead of the undertaker and the streak. No reason for him to lower himself to that level. When the rock comes back, it's a big deal. If you think about it, the only reason the streak has been existent for such a long time coz taker never faced a face of the company (hogan,austin,rock,cena) in their prime. If he did, the streak would've have been broken. The undertaker only asks mid-card technical wrestlers to face him because for one, he knows they won't end his streak and two he'll be worshipped for being in a great match. No way the rock will end the streak and he shouldn't waste his time jobbing to taker. The rock needs to face brock lesnar, the rock needs to face roman reigns, the rock needs to face bray wyatt, mix the rock with the up and coming talents, the future of the business not a guy he's already defeated on more than one occasion.

Rock vs Taker will draw $$$

Rock vs Husky Harris won't.

Sorry but Rock vs Taker could be the biggest match in wrestling history, bigger than Rock vs Hogan

I don't understand your choices. The Rock or Batista. Why Batista?? He had a shot at the streak, he lost. He's no longer believable as a threat to Taker, not at 45 when he looks half the man he looked when he was last in the 'E.

Why The Rock for that matter? Because he's a legend. But wait. Everyone's saying Tista looks gassed whenever he walks to the ring. So does The Rock. Neither are trained for in ring now, they're both trained for movies - for aesthetics.

Honestly speaking, neither. Wait no. No-one should break the streak. Breaking the streak would be a HUGE thing, a huge heel turn moment where the person who breaks the streak would NEVER get over it. They would end up heel for life, the person than ended a legacy of 20 years. No-one deserves it. Not The Rock, not CM Punk, not Reigns. No-one. It's too big. It's bigger than the stars that we have.

In fact, Taker should take his streak and ride off into the sunset with it in tact. He should have at 20. I think Mania 30 is his last, and I don't think we're getting a streak beater this year.

Rock vs Taker will draw $$$

Rock vs Husky Harris won't.

Sorry but Rock vs Taker could be the biggest match in wrestling history, bigger than Rock vs Hogan

I personally think that Rock vs HHH would draw much more than Rock vs Taker.

I would like one more go for Rocky with him facing Reigns...putting him over maybe at Summer Slam, and then coming back for Mania against HHH. That build and final match for The Rock would be absolutely perfect. It has more meaning than Brock vs Rock. If it wasn't Rock's last Mania then ok, have that match, but it more than likely will be his last so I'd think HHH would be a "full circle" type of situation. Almost storybook ending to his career.

Let Mick Foley or his dad induct him into the HOF the night before and let him finally go over HHH 1 on 1 at Mania (unlike Mania 16 where HHH went over cheaply as they were the final 2 in the fatal 4 way).

Btw, didn't you say you were in favor of that match? Where'd you come up with Taker vs Rock??

Btw, didn't you say you were in favor of that match? Where'd you come up with Taker vs Rock??

Triple H's ego is dangerous.

He might beat him in his last match.

And I don't think Rock would agree about ending his career with Hunter.

I'm pretty sure Rock got over what HBK and HHH did to him earlier in his career but not to the point that he'd let Hunter end his career.

Also, I think The Rock vs The Undertaker would be way bigger!!

Wow, is there a competition on here I don't know about where the person who sucks the Rock off the fastest wins???

The Rock won't end the streak.....Michaels didn't end it and nor did HHH. The streak WILL NOT END. Period.

And those saying the Rock is bigger than the streak, is above a fake streak etc.....

LOL

You're all right, fake sucks. Let's put Rock in a REAL situation with Lesnar.

That'll work well for Dwayne...

Wow, is there a competition on here I don't know about where the person who sucks the Rock off the fastest wins???

The Rock won't end the streak.....Michaels didn't end it and nor did HHH. The streak WILL NOT END. Period.

Well to be honest, neither Shawn or Hunter were half the star The Rock was.

You're all right, fake sucks. Let's put Rock in a REAL situation with Lesnar.

Really? Is that supposed to be an insult towards Rock?

There are only a few people on earth that can handle Brock.

Not sure if you were trying to be funny or something. "ROCK SUCKS! Lesnar can beat you in a real fight" lmao.

How pathetic and sad are Rock haters.

That'll work well for Dwayne...

Dwayne? Hahahahaha. Calling him by his real name? Really?

File:Watch-out-we-got-a-badass-over-here-meme.png

I smell a cm punk fanboy. Am I right?

Not at all sonny. I'm no more a Punk fan than a Rock fan.

I am however, a fan of real in ring talent. And I mean wrestling. Not just singing or talking.

The Rock comes up a touch short there. Makes a good film tho.

Let's hope he stays there

Not at all sonny. I'm no more a Punk fan than a Rock fan.

I am however, a fan of real in ring talent. And I mean wrestling. Not just singing or talking.

The Rock comes up a touch short there. Makes a good film tho.

Let's hope he stays there

The Rock isn't a good wrestler? Lol, that's a new one.

Have you ever booked a wrestling promotion? Have you ever stepped foot in a wrestling ring?

Yeah, doubt it.

I'll take the experts opinion on The Rock over an ignorant stupid mark.

You're a Rock hater. Of course you're going to say no.

Also, I'm the one that created the "no" and this isn't how you use it.

After someone says a very long comment or article and in that comment / article trying to convince us something and he goes into all the details then you come calmly and simply respond "no".

And WZ forums isn't the place to do that, I suggest you change that before the mods sees it and you'll be reported.

See that? Even though you're a cm punk fanb0y / rock hater, I still care for you.

Dear lord this is grim. I really struggle to post on here and argue with such idiots.

Wrestling = Michaels, Hart, Flair, Angle, Kobashi, Liger, Guerrero etc

Fake plastic heroes = Hogan, Rock, Cena, and so many more.

Quiet!

Dear lord this is grim. I really struggle to post on here and argue with such idiots.

Wrestling = Michaels, Hart, Flair, Angle, Kobashi, Liger, Guerrero etc

Fake plastic heroes = Hogan, Rock, Cena, and so many more.

Quiet!

Lol you're such a fail.

Fake plastic heroes? Lol. I think you meant to say WWE's biggest stars (p.s. You might want to include Austin there as well).

Marky mark seem cranky and angry lol Rock will always be a good wrestler.

What do you little wannabe mark know about wrestling?

Go do something useful with your life little boy

Difference is, Austin was a fucking good wrestler before his neck and knees got so banged up, he could barely move. That's why he was omitted from that list.

The sad thing is, people like you actually believe you know the industry, just because of the Internet. You use words like "mark" and think it means you're "in the know".

You're a clown. Plain and simple. And what you know about the industry could be written on that little limp bit of skin in your pants.

I don't believe the Streak will end. But saying that I don't care for the undertaker any more. We see him so little that streak or not he doesn't matter much anymore. If someone beats him they beat him. It could elevate someone new but someone like the rock winning makes little sense and has little meaning in my opinion.

Really? Is that supposed to be an insult towards Rock?

There are only a few people on earth that can handle Brock.

Not sure if you were trying to be funny or something. "ROCK SUCKS! Lesnar can beat you in a real fight" lmao.

How pathetic and sad are Rock haters.

He was being sarcastic. It's clear as day. He's bringing up the point that people say the streak is fake therefore it has no meaning. His response to that is saying that if it was real at all Brock would kill someone like Rock. His paragraph phrasing and point was valid. You're just overprotective of the Rock, and think everyone is wrong that doesn't worship the ground he walks on.
[/QUOTE]

There's no point in him winning the match. I have said it many times though that if Rock does come back it should be to face Taker at mania. It would be a draw, the match would be meh to me because I don't think Rock cares about getting back into ring shape. But it would be a draw. That said, there's absolutely no reason to put Rock over in the match. It seems simple but there are people out there who think that the only thing the WWE should ever do is put over the Rock as the greatest ever. Even though that's not their job. The body of work speaks for itself, either way.

Personally, I believe that Undertaker should be allowed to retire with the streak intact. Let that be his legacy.

The sad thing is, people like you actually believe you know the industry, just because of the Internet. You use words like "mark" and think it means you're "in the know".

You're a clown. Plain and simple. And what you know about the industry could be written on that little limp bit of skin in your pants.

Lmao.

Little boy you're the one brainwashed by the internet and don't know fck all about wrestling.

I know what I'm talking about. You don't.

Let's just leave it at that kiddo

He was being sarcastic. It's clear as day. He's bringing up the point that people say the streak is fake therefore it has no meaning. His response to that is saying that if it was real at all Brock would kill someone like Rock. His paragraph phrasing and point was valid. You're just overprotective of the Rock, and think everyone is wrong that doesn't worship the ground he walks on.

There's no point in him winning the match. I have said it many times though that if Rock does come back it should be to face Taker at mania. It would be a draw, the match would be meh to me because I don't think Rock cares about getting back into ring shape. But it would be a draw. That said, there's absolutely no reason to put Rock over in the match. It seems simple but there are people out there who think that the only thing the WWE should ever do is put over the Rock as the greatest ever. Even though that's not their job. The body of work speaks for itself, either way.

If you're going to act like a d!ck on each of my threads then simply stop commenting.

"Trolling" isn't welcomed.

You said I'm "overprotective" of The Rock? lmao. The Rock is not my daughter, how did I act "overprotective"?

I was just responding to that troll sheep wannabe mark who think he knows what he's talking about when he simply doesn't.

If you're going to act like a d!ck on each of my threads then simply stop commenting.

"Trolling" isn't welcomed.

You said I'm "overprotective" of The Rock? lmao. The Rock is not my daughter, how did I act "overprotective"?

I was just responding to that troll sheep wannabe mark who think he knows what he's talking about when he simply doesn't.

I'm not trolling. I simply like threads that involved the Rock. Every one of my post have been reasonable. On the point at hand and have not been insulting at all. While you like bullying people online, saying they know nothing and are morons. You curse them out and you act like you know every single thing about wrestling. But the second someone uses logic and reason to combat you, you start calling them a troll. If anything you're trolling people with legitimate thoughts and as far as me being a dick. I haven't been the one calling people names and acting like a 12 year old child. You want to be a cyber wrestling website bully. All in all I could care less, but I'm always going to say things one the point at hand.

How are you overprotective of the Rock. Okay, anytime someone says something remotely negative about him, you respond by calling people little boy and insulting them because you can't come up with a legitimate argue so you resort to namecalling. That's being a bit overprotective imo

But you can go back to acting like a petulant child, and cursing people out just for disagreeing.

I'm not trolling. I simply like threads that involved the Rock. Every one of my post have been reasonable. On the point at hand and have not been insulting at all. While you like bullying people online, saying they know nothing and are morons. You curse them out and you act like you know every single thing about wrestling. But the second someone uses logic and reason to combat you, you start calling them a troll. If anything you're trolling people with legitimate thoughts and as far as me being a dick. I haven't been the one calling people names and acting like a 12 year old child. You want to be a cyber wrestling website bully. All in all I could care less, but I'm always going to say things one the point at hand.

How are you overprotective of the Rock. Okay, anytime someone says something remotely negative about him, you respond by calling people little boy and insulting them because you can't come up with a legitimate argue so you resort to namecalling. That's being a bit overprotective imo

But you can go back to acting like a petulant child, and cursing people out just for disagreeing.

The ret@rd called me a "clown". It has nothing to do with Rock.

He's a kid who pretends to know wrestling because he's "Internet educated".

Marks pi$$ me off.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back