• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

ROCKAMANIA #5: When will The Rock return?

When is the next time we'll see The Rock in the WWE?

• The Road to WMXXX to promote the WWE Network

• RAW before WM to accept Cena's invite to face The Wyatt Family at WMXXX

• WMXXX

• 2015 Royal Rumble match

• RAW after 2015 elimination chamber

Results are only viewable after voting.

TheOneAndOnlyGOAT

Championship Contender
The Rock said that he doesn't have plans for WMXXX but might come back for WM31.

With that being said, could there be a last minute change with the rock ending up appearing at WMXXX or even wrestling, possibly teaming with Cena to take on The Wyatt Family or do we have to wait a year to see The Great One in WWE again?

It's also possible we see Rock coming back for just one appearance to promote the WWE Network.

When do you think is the next time we'll see The Rock?

Don't know that we'll ever see The Rock again as far as wrestling goes. It won't be for WrestleMania XXX, it's just not at all feasible considering that there's only about 5 weeks to go and he hasn't made an appearance.

There was a report put out last year alleging that WWE had told its merchandise department not to produce any new products for The Rock until, at least, 2015. After all, it's only natural that WWE is going to try and get the most out of him that they possibly can. If that report is accurate and no new Rock merchandise is being made this year, then there's very little chance he'll be back in 2014. I simply don't see WWE trying to spring him out as a sudden surprise because, as I said, there's no real money in that. Sure, it'd generate a big surprise response but that doesn't mean dick for Vince's coffers.

It's possible The Rock could show up next year but, as I alluded to, it's hard to say whether he'll ever wrestle again. He's making tens of millions of dollars per film these days, so getting seriously injured while wrestling could have negative consequences. If he gets hurt badly enough, it could heavily curtail his career as an action star. All in all, The Rock is probably the closest thing to the new Schwarzenegger right now; looking like a jacked up badass is his bread & butter. I can't quite picture him doing serious, dramatic roles or being in something of these low budget art films that critics love and frequently dominate the award shows. He doesn't strike me as the next Laurence Olivier.

I desperately hope he never returns. His last run was as boring as he's ever been. Stick with what you're good at...movies, and of course steroids

I actually agree with him never coming back. The Rock of years past was nowhere to be found in his last run. He didn't have the same charisma, or the same aura around him. He seemed to be a shell of his former self more focused on getting Twitter attention than really contributing to any the feuds he was in with Cena and Punk.

If he wants to come back, give him the one promo and then be on his way. I have no interest in seeing him come back just to please himself, and not try to help anyone else in the company. His matches with Punk were only tolerable due to Punk carrying him to good matches, while his ones with Cena definitely did not live up to the hype. Personally I would rather see Austin back in a non wrestling role than see Rock back at all after his last stint.

He seemed to be a shell of his former self more focused on getting Twitter attention than really contributing to any the feuds he was in with Cena and Punk.

I have no interest in seeing him come back just to please himself, and not try to help anyone else in the company. His matches with Punk were only tolerable due to Punk carrying him to good matches, while his ones with Cena definitely did not live up to the hype.

Yeah he was different than he was 10 years ago, he's not full time and he was real and open instead of strictly "The Rock" character.
But his promos were still better than anyone else. He still sells a match on the mic better than anyone else. Not his best by any means, but his best was awesome. If it was a new guy everyone would be saying how awesome on the mic he is.
Rock had to spend 20-30 minutes on the mic constantly, repeating what he had said, because that's all the story he was given to feud, for months. There were no matches to break it up, it had to be the same thing over again, that's not his fault. But no one else could keep the crowds attention like that on the mic for so long.

He did the twitter thing like twice because it was new, something different... I don't know why people have such a problem with twitter being mentioned but even Punk did it one week, so get over it.

How was he pleasing himself? The fans wanted Rock vs Cena originally. Fans asked for it, he gave it to them... then Punk says he's stealing the spotlight... then fans said he's stealing the spotlight.
Fans paid big money to see Rock vs Cena. It was the biggest match they could do, Vince booked the match. If Vince wants Rock to put over Reigns, Rock would be happy to do it as he has in the past.

If Rock doesn't get chucked into 30 minute main event matches with people he doesn't have much chemistry with, then he's still got a lot to offer, especially if he slims down a bit. He never used strength as a weapon, so his size just slows him down.

Currently Rock is writing his next book, as well as filming a TV show. Shortly after, and around Mania time he will be filming his movie "San Andreas"
...That certainly rules him out this year.

He's then got to film his other TV show and fit in Fast 7 whenever they are ready to shooting that again, as well as promote "Hercules"
And he's still got a couple of other movies to shoot that he's signed up for.

So his schedule certainly isn't slowing down. It's probably gonna be up to Vince to come to Rock with a solid idea to build towards Mania to get Rock to try and free up enough time, but if it is next year I don't see it being a big build. And it wouldn't surprise me if his return is held off for another year.

Yeah he was different than he was 10 years ago, he's not full time and he was real and open instead of strictly "The Rock" character.
But his promos were still better than anyone else. He still sells a match on the mic better than anyone else. Not his best by any means, but his best was awesome. If it was a new guy everyone would be saying how awesome on the mic he is.
Rock had to spend 20-30 minutes on the mic constantly, repeating what he had said, because that's all the story he was given to feud, for months. There were no matches to break it up, it had to be the same thing over again, that's not his fault. But no one else could keep the crowds attention like that on the mic for so long.

He did the twitter thing like twice because it was new, something different... I don't know why people have such a problem with twitter being mentioned but even Punk did it one week, so get over it.

How was he pleasing himself? The fans wanted Rock vs Cena originally. Fans asked for it, he gave it to them... then Punk says he's stealing the spotlight... then fans said he's stealing the spotlight.
Fans paid big money to see Rock vs Cena. It was the biggest match they could do, Vince booked the match. If Vince wants Rock to put over Reigns, Rock would be happy to do it as he has in the past.

If Rock doesn't get chucked into 30 minute main event matches with people he doesn't have much chemistry with, then he's still got a lot to offer, especially if he slims down a bit. He never used strength as a weapon, so his size just slows him down.

How was he real and open? It seemed to me that he was simply Dewayne Johnson the actor trying to act like The Rock. It seemed like a movie performance instead of sounding real and coming from the character. When I watch Rock on WWE, I don't want to see Dewayne Johnson trying to be The Rock, I want to see The Rock. But he came across as a movie star trying to be a wrestling character.

And yes, some of that stuff wasn't his fault, but a lot of it was. He couldn't deliver a promo without having notes written on his arm. Granted, he's not the first and won't be the last to do that, but he's supposed to be good at stuff like that. Why would he need notes? I wouldn't consider his mic work to be awesome either. I got quite bored with him very quickly after his initial return.

The Twitter deal bothers me when anyone does it, but Rock seemed to use it more. It was either Twitter or getting ridiculous chants that meant nothing. And this is not about what Vince thought or what WWE thought. This is my own personal opinion, so what people involved in WWE thought is of no relation to how I personally feel. So much in the same way I am not on the "Daniel Bryan is the only one deserving of anything" bandwagon, I'm not on The Rock bandwagon either.

How was he real and open? It seemed to me that he was simply Dewayne Johnson the actor trying to act like The Rock.

That's how he was real and open. He was open about what he was doing in the real world, he wasn't fully in character.
Okay you don't like it... but he was trying to appeal to his other fans.

He couldn't deliver a promo without having notes written on his arm.

One promo, that was about 25 minutes long. That he probably came up with 10 minutes earlier, after flying in from shooting his movie where he probably had another script on his mind... So what? Seriously, how does that matter??

I got quite bored with him very quickly after his initial return. The Twitter deal bothers me when anyone does it, but Rock seemed to use it more. It was either Twitter or getting ridiculous chants that meant nothing.

Again he used the twitter thing I think just twice, it was something new, he tried it out, he moved on. And yeah he gets the crowd to chant odd stuff, it's just a bit of fun to get the crowd involved, not everything has to be serious.
It would have been very hard for him to stay in character for 20 minutes every week without talking about random stuff. Most feuds have a couple of minutes for promos, and different matches on RAW, so they're not going on about the same thing, and it opens up the storyline because you can cost someone a match, get physical... Rock didn't have that... Do you honestly think anyone else could have had half a dozen 20 minute promos about the same person, without doing anything else in between and it would always be fresh and entertaining, and not get a bit boring? He was in an impossible position for that.

And this is not about what Vince thought or what WWE thought. This is my own personal opinion, so what people involved in WWE thought is of no relation to how I personally feel.

I understand not everyone wants the same thing. My point was, before Rock returned, a lot of fans wanted to see Rock vs Cena. Vince wanted a marquee match because it was gonna make a lot of money, he didn't want Rock to put a young guy over... It wasn't about The Rock pleasing himself.

I am not on the "Daniel Bryan is the only one deserving of anything" bandwagon.

I agree, as far as I'm concerned he's won the title twice this year, main evented lots of PPV's... Why he "deserves" and why people demand he gets another title match right away, is beyond me.

How many more Rockamania threads, man? No, Nobody seems to be excited in the least for the Rock to "return" nor hopes for it to happen anytime soon. As far as The Rock ending the Streak(some other Rockamania thread of yours), it's never going to happen and the whole idea is as quixotic as the idea of Santino Marella being given the WWE WHC. The Rock is content where he is, there'll not be any other John Cena for the next 10 yrs for The Rock to come back to face and "pass the torch" so to speak. As far as I'm concerned, The Rock as a wrestler is done in all likelihood.
If The Rock could/should return for one potentially big match within the next 5 years(before he's too old to wrestle again), it 'd be against Roman Reigns.

How many more Rockamania threads, man? No, Nobody seems to be excited in the least for the Rock to "return" nor hopes for it to happen anytime soon. As far as The Rock ending the Streak(some other Rockamania thread of yours), it's never going to happen and the whole idea is as quixotic as the idea of Santino Marella being given the WWE WHC. The Rock is content where he is, there'll not be any other John Cena for the next 10 yrs for The Rock to come back to face and "pass the torch" so to speak. As far as I'm concerned, The Rock as a wrestler is done in all likelihood.
If The Rock could/should return for one potentially big match within the next 5 years(before he's too old to wrestle again), it 'd be against Roman Reigns.

So you're actually saying that Rock will only come back to "pass the torch to another wrestler"? BS!

There are plenty matches WWE can have: The Rock vs Brock Lesnar, The Rock losing to Daniel Bryan, The Rock vs The Undertaker, The Rock vs Roman Reigns, The Rock vs Punk III, The Rock and John Cena vs The Wyatt Family...

Not everything has to be passing of the torch.

"Nobody" seems excited about Rock's return? Really? That's why he broke records at WM28 and 29, huh?

That's why Batista,Lesnar,Taker, Hogan all couldn't draw the ratings The Rock drew last year.

Face it, the IWC is just a bunch of hypocritical morons minority nothing more.

There's a difference between hating someone and not wanting to see someone.

I hate a lot of the current wrestlers but I don't say "they should leave" because I'm not a selfish b!tch and I understand that there are people who enjoy seeing them perform.

As far as The Rock goes, he just came back after a 7 year absence and he earned his right to wrestle once a year at wrestlemania for the next 5 years if he wants to.

If he doesn't want to, that's his choice but a bunch of marks saying he should stay away, f off.

So you're actually saying that Rock will only come back to "pass the torch to another wrestler"? BS!

There are plenty matches WWE can have: The Rock vs Brock Lesnar, The Rock losing to Daniel Bryan, The Rock vs The Undertaker, The Rock vs Roman Reigns, The Rock vs Punk III, The Rock and John Cena vs The Wyatt Family...

Not everything has to be passing of the torch.

"Nobody" seems excited about Rock's return? Really? That's why he broke records at WM28 and 29, huh?

That's why Batista,Lesnar,Taker, Hogan all couldn't draw the ratings The Rock drew last year.

Face it, the IWC is just a bunch of hypocritical morons minority nothing more.

There's a difference between hating someone and not wanting to see someone.

I hate a lot of the current wrestlers but I don't say "they should leave" because I'm not a selfish b!tch and I understand that there are people who enjoy seeing them perform.

As far as The Rock goes, he just came back after a 7 year absence and he earned his right to wrestle once a year at wrestlemania for the next 5 years if he wants to.

If he doesn't want to, that's his choice but a bunch of marks saying he should stay away, f off.

Read the posts on your own threads and see the opinions of the majority in what none of them think The Rock needs to return, not even for a match. Not anytime soon anyways. Besides, it's not because we "smart marks" or whatever you want to call us hate the Rock. Nobody can really hate a talented wrestler/entertainer like the Rock. But that's the past. His last run against Punk and Cena sucked and I don't fucking care about the damn ratings and the damned WM buys. The Rock's WM match against Cena last year SUCKED. And the Rock is just not much into it anymore. As far as The Rock losing to Daniel Bryan? hahahhaha you've got to be fucking kidding me. Lmao. Keep dreaming about the 5'8 tall goatface defeating THE ROCK.

And if you think the IWC is "Face it, the IWC is just a bunch of hypocritical morons minority nothing more" , why do you spend so much time around here asking for our opinions regarding THE ROCK? The rock is perfectly happy how his life is progressing and doesn't need you to fixate on him and create Rockamania threads day after day dude. And no need to be here if you so despise the "IWC".
And seriously, either your brain cannot conceive of any other idea for a thread other than Rockamania, or you're just obsessed with The Rock whining like a little baby "when will the rock return when will the rock return". The answer is "NEVER! " .

Read the posts on your own threads and see the opinions of the majority in what none of them think The Rock needs to return, not even for a match. Not anytime soon anyways. Besides, it's not because we "smart marks" or whatever you want to call us hate the Rock. Nobody can really hate a talented wrestler/entertainer like the Rock. But that's the past. His last run against Punk and Cena sucked and I don't fucking care about the damn ratings and the damned WM buys. The Rock's WM match against Cena last year SUCKED. And the Rock is just not much into it anymore. As far as The Rock losing to Daniel Bryan? hahahhaha you've got to be fucking kidding me. Lmao. Keep dreaming about the 5'8 tall goatface defeating THE ROCK.

And if you think the IWC is "Face it, the IWC is just a bunch of hypocritical morons minority nothing more" , why do you spend so much time around here asking for our opinions regarding THE ROCK? The rock is perfectly happy how his life is progressing and doesn't need you to fixate on him and create Rockamania threads day after day dude. And no need to be here if you so despise the "IWC".
And seriously, either your brain cannot conceive of any other idea for a thread other than Rockamania, or you're just obsessed with The Rock whining like a little baby "when will the rock return when will the rock return". The answer is "NEVER! " .

The Rock will return whether you like it or not.

I used the ratings and ppv buyrates argument to tell you that even if some marks hate on the rock, there are a LOT of people that want to see The Rock.

The Rock is what's best for business.

You're an !d!ot if you think WM29 was The Rock's last match.

Getting booed out of the arena then people chanting "BS" when his injury was announced the next night on raw? Yeah what a perfect ending.

Also, Rock was busy last year, his movie GI Joe was scheduled to be released in summer of 2012 but got postponed to early 2013, and the plan was already set for Rock to face punk at the rumble so there was nothing he could've done.

I think this year he won't come back because of the injuries but also because he also has a lot on his plate, maybe next year he'll free up some time and come back and give 100%.

When there's a problem, you fix it, you don't run away from it.

Just like Hogan, Austin, Shawn, Taker... are all respected, The Rock should be respected as well!!

Do you want him to retire, go into the hall of fame and get the reaction that Hogan got when he mentioned Rock's name on raw? Really?

The Rock took WWE to unprecedented heights, he should be given at least one more chance

No, you're an idiot if you give opinions without providing any sort of reasoning to back them up. I don't know if The Rock will wrestle again or not. It's also idiotic and extremely childish to give the impression that you know what the future holds for Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson. As I'm not the man himself, can't read his mind and don't have any sort of personal relationship with him; I don't pretend to know what he will or won't do. My OPINION, and that's all that it is, is that there's a strong POSSIBILITY that The Rock won't wrestle again due to the risk suffering severe injuries may have upon what's been an extremely financially sound career as an action movie star. Suppose he gets inside the ring again and suffers a few cracked ribs after being rammed into the ring post at an awkward angle? Suppose he suffers a severe concussion or other significant head trauma after the back of his head accidentally smacks the ring apron due to having his feat kicked from under him? Suppose he suffers a broken neck while taking a powerbomb because he didn't tuck his head enough or the move is botched and he lands on his head? Whenever a pro wrestler wrestles, he or she takes a risk of being hurt and while these type of injuries don't come about very often, or that we hear about all that often, they can still happen and happen to anybody. Suppose any of this happens just before he's scheduled to start filming his next $100 million budgeted blockbuster. Again, not saying he won't get back in the ring, but there are plenty of genuine possibilities why he won't, namely about 2.255 billion of them as that's how many dollars his movies have made worldwide since April 2011.

As I stated in another post, it's reported that The Rock makes $20 to $30 million per film, which I THINK is far more than he's ever made in WWE. I don't know for sure as I don't have access to The Rock's financial records, but it's a logical conclusion. After all, why leave wrestling behind if he wasn't able to make far more money for far less physical risk?

I used the ratings and ppv buyrates argument to tell you that even if some marks hate on the rock, there are a LOT of people that want to see The Rock.

Getting booed out of the arena then people chanting "BS" when his injury was announced the next night on raw? Yeah what a perfect ending.

Also, Rock was busy last year, his movie GI Joe was scheduled to be released in summer of 2012 but got postponed to early 2013, and the plan was already set for Rock to face punk at the rumble so there was nothing he could've done.

I think this year he won't come back because of the injuries but also because he also has a lot on his plate, maybe next year he'll free up some time and come back and give 100%.

Just like Hogan, Austin, Shawn, Taker... are all respected, The Rock should be respected as well!!

Do you want him to retire, go into the hall of fame and get the reaction that Hogan got when he mentioned Rock's name on raw? Really?

The Rock took WWE to unprecedented heights, he should be given at least one more chance

I feel like you make these Rockamania threads because for some reason you think the Rock isn't respected by the IWC, which is completely false. The Rock is arguably in the top 5 wrestlers of all time but his time has come and gone...

I'm sure the Rock will come back because he is still in peak physical shape and can still wrestle a great match but Wrestlemania 29 was his last TRUE run in thie business. If he comes back it will be to put somebody such as Bryan, Punk or his cousin Reigns over.

There is NO need for the Rock to come back and be put in the title picture again, ESPECIALLY when we all know he's only going to be back for at most 6 months.

I NEVER EVER said that I DON'T want the Rock to return because I'm well aware I've no SAY when it comes to a legend and one of the greatest and most entertaining wrestlers of all time. It's his life and his decisions. What I did say was that I don't think he's going to return anytime soon, and if he ever did return in a "wrestling" capacity, I opined how it should be against Roman Reigns in a figurative passing of the light. Why in the world should The Rock return and have numerous wrestling matches when he's already a major hollywood star? Because YOU WANT HIM TO? For the "fans" ? He already returned 3 years in a row and his promo performance from the 2nd year onwards became bland cookie-cutter nonsense at best (Cookiepuss, Cena's mom, Clevelend sucks). His in-ring work wasn't half as good as when he wrestled in his prime and yet most of us IWC marks took him and his limitations and showed nothing but gratitude for his efforts.

There are slight chances that we'll ever see the Rock wrestle again. How does it make me or anyone an idiot if we assume/perceive WM29 to be his last match? The Rock has done everything there is possibly left to do for him as a Wrestler. He doesn't need to end Undertaker's streak for chrissakes and nor redeem his loss against Lesnar TWELVE years ago. The idea of The Rock losing to Daniel Bryan which you so want to see is nothing more than a farce.
He's The Rock damnit. He's a lot greater when we consider his wealth and accomplishments in a far more superior line of work in ACTING than a bunch of losses he suffered a dozen years ago in FAKE WRESTLING. Even without ever having returned to face John Cena for the second time, the Rock would've been respected, adored, and remembered by millions. As far as you wishing how you want him to lose to Bryan one minute, then beat the Undertaker's streak, makes you the most CHILDISH mark around here.

I feel like you make these Rockamania threads because for some reason you think the Rock isn't respected by the IWC, which is completely false. The Rock is arguably in the top 5 wrestlers of all time but his time has come and gone...

I'm sure the Rock will come back because he is still in peak physical shape and can still wrestle a great match but Wrestlemania 29 was his last TRUE run in thie business. If he comes back it will be to put somebody such as Bryan, Punk or his cousin Reigns over.

There is NO need for the Rock to come back and be put in the title picture again, ESPECIALLY when we all know he's only going to be back for at most 6 months.

1-The Rock gets bashed everytime the IWC gets a chance to. Rock isn't respected by the IWC.

2-I never said Rock should be back in the title picture unless it's to lose that title match and put someone over (ie. Bryan)

1-The Rock gets bashed everytime the IWC gets a chance to. Rock isn't respected by the IWC.

So what? Austin gets bashed, Hogan gets bashed, HBK, HHH, Bret... ALL THE GREATS GET BASHED. You think people don't respect Hogan for everything that he has done? You think people don't respect Bret and HHH for everything they have done? Doesn't change the fact that some of these people are unlikeable to some in the IWC... same goes for the Rock. Are people going to treat him with the same reverance as Taker or Hogan or Flair? Probably not because they have been in the business forever and never left whereas the Rock was only here for about 8 years.

And does it really matter what the IWC thinks... for gods sakes the Rock is going to go down as one of the greatest ever and whoever says any different has never watched the WWE.

Just because people bash the greats doesn't mean they don't respect them.

I NEVER EVER said that I DON'T want the Rock to return because I'm well aware I've no SAY when it comes to a legend and one of the greatest and most entertaining wrestlers of all time. It's his life and his decisions. What I did say was that I don't think he's going to return anytime soon, and if he ever did return in a "wrestling" capacity, I opined how it should be against Roman Reigns in a figurative passing of the light. Why in the world should The Rock return and have numerous wrestling matches when he's already a major hollywood star? Because YOU WANT HIM TO? For the "fans" ? He already returned 3 years in a row and his promo performance from the 2nd year onwards became bland cookie-cutter nonsense at best (Cookiepuss, Cena's mom, Clevelend sucks). His in-ring work wasn't half as good as when he wrestled in his prime and yet most of us IWC marks took him and his limitations and showed nothing but gratitude for his efforts.

There are slight chances that we'll ever see the Rock wrestle again. How does it make me or anyone an idiot if we assume/perceive WM29 to be his last match? The Rock has done everything there is possibly left to do for him as a Wrestler. He doesn't need to end Undertaker's streak for chrissakes and nor redeem his loss against Lesnar TWELVE years ago. The idea of The Rock losing to Daniel Bryan which you so want to see is nothing more than a farce.
He's The Rock damnit. He's a lot greater when we consider his wealth and accomplishments in a far more superior line of work in ACTING than a bunch of losses he suffered a dozen years ago in FAKE WRESTLING. Even without ever having returned to face John Cena for the second time, the Rock would've been respected, adored, and remembered by millions. As far as you wishing how you want him to lose to Bryan one minute, then beat the Undertaker's streak, makes you the most CHILDISH mark around here.

1-I want him to see him wrestle more and I know The Rock doesn't have to wrestle but it's HIS choice not the choice of smarky marky marks.

2-He doesn't need to redeem his loss to Lesnar twelve years ago? He has done everything as a wrestler?
Why not say the same words about Taker who IMO should've retired this year or at the end of an era match.

3-His promos were bland cookie cutter nonsense? WTF?

So are the promos of pretty much every babyface in WWE.
Was it better when cm punk called daniel bryan "goatface" or called john laurinaitis "snickleflitz" or something like that or when he called him "clownshoes" and "toolbox"?

4-His in-ring work wasn't half as good as when he wrestled in his prime?

Well, Rock isn't being brought back to cut great promos or wrestles great matches.

He didn't have ONE bad match since he came back.

All of his matches were good, the second WM match with Cena was extremely predictable and I didn't enjoy watching it at all but it wasn't really bad.

Rock is being brought back to draw ratings, PPV buyrates... Which he did, and did it in a major way.

Brock is being brought back for the same reasons, but Brock didn't draw a good PPV buyrate in one of his FEW matches since he came back at SummerSlam 2013 against punk and the ppv buyrates for Extreme Rules weren't that great either.

5-Daniel Bryan, whether you like him or not, is a future legend in the WWE.

He's going to be with the company for the next couple of years and will be a top star (hopefully) for a long time.

I'd rather see Rock wrestle somebody he never wrestled like bryan than wrestling a guy like brock or taker.

Bryan teased a match between him and Rock at RAW 1000 and in WWE, 99% of the time when a match is teased like that, it happens.

Bryan is the safest worker in WWE => Rock won't get injured.
Bryan is the best wrestler in WWE => Rock will get a great match.
Bryan and Rock had chemistry on the mic => Rock will have great promos with Bryan.
Bryan needs a huge match against an all-time great. The Rock is an all time great.

Rock will benefit from working with Bryan (great match, no injuries...), Bryan will benefit from working with Rock (beating an all-time great).

So what? Austin gets bashed, Hogan gets bashed, HBK, HHH, Bret... ALL THE GREATS GET BASHED. You think people don't respect Hogan for everything that he has done? You think people don't respect Bret and HHH for everything they have done? Doesn't change the fact that some of these people are unlikeable to some in the IWC... same goes for the Rock. Are people going to treat him with the same reverance as Taker or Hogan or Flair? Probably not because they have been in the business forever and never left whereas the Rock was only here for about 8 years.

And does it really matter what the IWC thinks... for gods sakes the Rock is going to go down as one of the greatest ever and whoever says any different has never watched the WWE.

Just because people bash the greats doesn't mean they don't respect them.

I don't think the IWC respects The Rock.

I also used to think their opinion don't matter.

How many wrestling fans follow it on the internet?

Let's take Bleacher Report for example, it's the most visited website for wrestling.

Their "biggest" wrestling news gets 100k reads, let's not consider that a person might've clicked on it more than one time, let's say there is 100k internet wrestling fans, maybe 200k in the entire world.

How many is there in the US? 100k possibly. Half of them probably hate The Rock, that's 50K.

Why does he gets boo'd everytime he's mentioned?

On last week's raw, when Hogan mentioned his name, he didn't get any reaction.

On RAW July 1st when D-Bry said he wanted to win MITB and be added to the list of legends like bruno, hogan (cheered), austin (cheered as well) then bryan says the rock and most people boo.

On RAW when Lesnar came to destroy Hunter's office and they both stopped to look at Royal Rumble's poster, Heyman said "Would you look at this guy", there were some cheers then a bunch of boo's.

So he gets boo'd everytime now? Really?

Hogan used backstage politics in his prime, a lot of the wrestlers that worked with him hate his guts, he became a f-cking pornstar, his daughter is a wh0re, his son is a spoiled b!tch.

Austin beat up his wife, refused to work with many young talents in his prime, refused to job to lesnar, walked out, abused steroids and had a "Roid rage".

Michaels and The Kliq destroyed many wrestlers career, he was the biggest d!ck ever, many stories to back that up.

Yet all of that is forgotten but they hate on the Rock.

All the arguments against Rock are fails, Rock is one of the nicest guys in wrestling, he had a huge role in the attitude era, he brought many viewers to wrestling in his prime, he never had a problem putting anyone over, never used backstage politics, he doesn't deserve the hate he gets.

1-I want him to see him wrestle more and I know The Rock doesn't have to wrestle but it's HIS choice not the choice of smarky marky marks.
Common sense, everyone knows the Rock doesn't have to wrestle, it's a great point BUT I wish people wouldn't keep bringing it up because the hasn't had to wrestler since his movie career started. So I agree, good point TOAOGOAT

2-He doesn't need to redeem his loss to Lesnar twelve years ago? He has done everything as a wrestler?
Why not say the same words about Taker who IMO should've retired this year or at the end of an era match.
You could but I don't know that Taker doesn't NEED the WM paycheck he's getting. I KNOW Rock doesn't. Does that make your point less valid? No, but that's my one thought on it.

3-His promos were bland cookie cutter nonsense? WTF?
Rock's promo's haven't been AS good since his return but still not bad. I do like corny promo's at time, which is alot of the reasons I like Cena. I think it's entertaining for him to clown around. Which is why I like Rock but saying he has a cookie cutter promos is a bit of nonsense in itself.

So are the promos of pretty much every babyface in WWE.
Was it better when cm punk called daniel bryan "goatface" or called john laurinaitis "snickleflitz" or something like that or when he called him "clownshoes" and "toolbox"?
Again I'll readily admit I like some cornyness

4-His in-ring work wasn't half as good as when he wrestled in his prime?

Well, Rock isn't being brought back to cut great promos or wrestles great matches.

He didn't have ONE bad match since he came back.

All of his matches were good, the second WM match with Cena was extremely predictable and I didn't enjoy watching it at all but it wasn't really bad.
Okay, they haven't been bad, but they haven't been really good either. But his second match with Cena was his best imo.

Rock is being brought back to draw ratings, PPV buyrates... Which he did, and did it in a major way.
Not on his own, but I have said that the Rock did help bolster ratings which was a great thing.

Brock is being brought back for the same reasons, but Brock didn't draw a good PPV buyrate in one of his FEW matches since he came back at SummerSlam 2013 against punk and the ppv buyrates for Extreme Rules weren't that great either.
True again, but Brock isn't the draw that Rock is. Brock was brought in to bring mainstream attention which he could but the WWE has really buried him at times.

5-Daniel Bryan, whether you like him or not, is a future legend in the WWE.

He's going to be with the company for the next couple of years and will be a top star (hopefully) for a long time.

I'd rather see Rock wrestle somebody he never wrestled like bryan than wrestling a guy like brock or taker.

Bryan teased a match between him and Rock at RAW 1000 and in WWE, 99% of the time when a match is teased like that, it happens.

Bryan is the safest worker in WWE => Rock won't get injured.
Bryan is the best wrestler in WWE => Rock will get a great match.
Bryan and Rock had chemistry on the mic => Rock will have great promos with Bryan.
Bryan needs a huge match against an all-time great. The Rock is an all time great.

Rock will benefit from working with Bryan (great match, no injuries...), Bryan will benefit from working with Rock (beating an all-time great).
[/QUOTE]

That's a great idea actually, If Rock would be willing to do that I'd be all for it. But there are very few situation I want to see the Rock come back in. Putting over Bryan at Mania would be one. Especially since I wouldn't be worried about his safety all match lol.

I desperately hope he never returns. His last run was as boring as he's ever been. Stick with what you're good at...movies, and of course steroids

He's still better overall (not talking strictly in ring wrestling) than 99% of the roster. Still draws more than 99.9% of the roster. Not bad for a guy who isn't "good" anymore.

About a month ago on Twitter he said he wouldn't be back for WMXXX, but he did say next year was a possibility.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back