The Streak: Should it end?

Should the Streak End Eventually?

• YES! - the Streak is there to be broken.

• NO! - HBK is right, it can't be called the Streak with a loss included.

Results are only viewable after voting.
If/When the Shield breaks up, Roman Reigns will be pushed to the moon purely because he's Dwayne Johnson's cousin or something.

Just like the likes of the Uso Brothers are being pushed because Rikishi's their old man and their Uncle was the late Yokozuna.

Here we go again. The streak should never end. As someone here said, it simply has gottten too awesome. It is a part of the Undertaker. He is a demon, a phenom, who cannot lose. That whole thing can be hurt if he loses.
Also, i dont think anyone WANTS to see the Undertaker lose. Hes a badass wrestler with the coolest gimmick in history. The Undertaker is to beloved by fans.

So, NO, i dont think the streak should end

If/When the Shield breaks up, Roman Reigns will be pushed to the moon purely because he's Dwayne Johnson's cousin or something.

Just like the likes of the Uso Brothers are being pushed because Rikishi's their old man and their Uncle was the late Yokozuna.

Typical dumb@$$.

Yeah, Roman Reigns is only getting pushed because of The Rock, huh?

That's why The Usos have won the tag titles 9 times, right?

That's why Tamina has won the divas titles 5 times, right?

That's why Roman's brother Rousey is a 7 time world champion, right?

You fail, troll.

The streak is lame. I don't get it. The Undertaker has pretty much only wrestled once each year the last couple of years and people are supposed to get excited by it?

Honestly the steak holds as much weight as the Wwe title, well this day in age it's bigger. People wait for the match and hbk match more than any other match on the card.

The streak is lame. I don't get it. The Undertaker has pretty much only wrestled once each year the last couple of years and people are supposed to get excited by it?

Yes because before that lets act like the man didn't wrestle a full time hectic main eventer schedule for 18 years. The Undertaker can come an go now as he pleases as long as he is still capable of putting on a show when he is there he has earned that much. If you need reminding of his accomplishments the WWE Network is only $9.99.

"The streak" is a WWE marketing tool. Vince himself said in some DVD (I think, "True Story of Wrestlemania") that the streak will never end so this discussion of who will end it is kind of pointless.

And to those who say they will stop watching WWE if someone ends the scripted streak (which will never happen) ...You are lying.

Do you not watch WWE the whole year when Undertaker is not there?
-Yes you do. And if you do stop watching....nobody cares.

Yes because before that lets act like the man didn't wrestle a full time hectic main eventer schedule for 18 years. The Undertaker can come an go now as he pleases as long as he is still capable of putting on a show when he is there he has earned that much. If you need reminding of his accomplishments the WWE Network is only $9.99.

What about The Rock? People $#!t on him for wrestling once a year but when Taker returns "OOOH I'M SO EXCITED". Really?

Anyway, he has ALL YEAR with nothing but to prepare for ONE match, of course he's going to put a great match.

Do you want me to lie and say that I'm excited for The Undertaker's return? I won't.

Just like ProWrestlingFan said, Vince already said "The Streak will never end".

There's no way Lesnar is ending the streak. I have no interest in this match whatsoever.

And Shawn Michaels did the same thing Taker did and even better but he didn't overstay his welcome like Taker did.

For the first time this year, I experienced something out of the ordinary. I did not get excited when The Undertaker returned. Each year, it makes less and less sense. This is why the streak should come to an end. By this point, without a storyline, the matches make no sense, and the legacy is damaged. What's sad is that more people believe Roman Reigns could win, but Brock Lesnar couldn't. On that note, why was Brock Lesnar saved for WrestleMania XXX? Any other WrestleMania, okay, but the thirtieth. I don't see Lesnar as a big enough guy, especially with no story.

I agree that either Bray Wyatt or Roman Reigns could end the streak. Personally, I'd rather see Reigns go over. I like both guys a lot, but if Reigns is set to be the next big guy, this is something he could do. The scenario of the constant beat down for the win would be epic. Just my opinion. I'm sure someone will say "it's not about the future" like they always do. In which case, fuck you.

In a couple weeks when it'll let me stream a video I'll check it out. I do not NOT like the Taker. I like him. I think he could add a lot to the show. THat's why I have a problem with it. When the Rock came back atleast there was some surprise to it and a little build up. Its just so predictable that the day after EC every year Taker will show up. He'll win the match. Nothing too spectacular to see here.

For the first time this year, I experienced something out of the ordinary. I did not get excited when The Undertaker returned. Each year, it makes less and less sense. This is why the streak should come to an end. By this point, without a storyline, the matches make no sense, and the legacy is damaged. What's sad is that more people believe Roman Reigns could win, but Brock Lesnar couldn't. On that note, why was Brock Lesnar saved for WrestleMania XXX? Any other WrestleMania, okay, but the thirtieth. I don't see Lesnar as a big enough guy, especially with no story.

I agree that either Bray Wyatt or Roman Reigns could end the streak. Personally, I'd rather see Reigns go over. I like both guys a lot, but if Reigns is set to be the next big guy, this is something he could do. The scenario of the constant beat down for the win would be epic. Just my opinion. I'm sure someone will say "it's not about the future" like they always do. In which case, fuck you.

Thank you.

I hope The Undertaker retired this year at WMXXX with 22-0.

Perfect time for retirement.

Not sure why he hasn't retired.

No matter what movie I go watch, it could be the cr@ppiest movie ever but the only thing that I'm excited to see is the ending of the movie.

If you know the ending of the movie, then what's the point?

I'm not excited at all about Taker's return

How refreshing. Another thread on the street. These are getting so boring. I've set it at least a dozen times now and apparently I have to say it again. VincevMcMahon loves the streak. His favorite wrestler is the undertaker. The streak is never going to end, end of discussion. I am so tired of seeing these threads on who should beat the Streak. It's never going to happen. I think there have been three discussions in the last three days. It's time to move on

The streak sucks and so does Taker. I'm disappointed with the way Brock Lesnar has been booked lately. I hope Lesnar snaps during the match for real and puts Taker in his place. That would be hilarious. As much as I want the streak to end we all know it isn't going to happen :( Randy Orton and Edge were the most likely to end it.

No matter what movie I go watch, it could be the cr@ppiest movie ever but the only thing that I'm excited to see is the ending of the movie.

Awful analogy. The story, the twists and turns, the comedy, the acting, and the characters, should be things to get excited for. I know the ending to the majority of the movies I watch in that I know the good guys will likely prevail. The guy will likely get the girl. The bad guy will likely get his comeuppance etc. That doesn't make the movie unexciting.

What's the point in having anyone beat The Undertaker? If someone (likely one of the "future of the company" guys) were to defeat UT at Wrestlemania, wouldn't it mean that they were already massively over with the crowd enough to have a match with him in the first place?

If they aren't good or great enough to have legendary careers of their own, beating The UT won't help them at all anyway. And if they are good enough to have legendary careers, beating the UT won't be necessary. Being given the opportunity to be undefeated at all Wrestlemanias is the only unique thing Undertaker has earned that's being given to him. Why take that away when no one else needs it?

LOL.

There is a movie called the Departed which I watched when it released. Had I used your analogy and found out the ending was that a Minor Role Character, which Mark Wahlberg played would be the one to kill the Villain, I would have missed an awesome movie in terms of storyline.

Like the Departed movie, the Streak match on a yearly basis, is about the awesome storytelling from beginning to end. Indeed, we know that the Streak won't end, but as HBK said in the Podcast Interview I put in this thread, as long as the WWE can put some doubts in the minds of the audience that the Streak is under threat, then it will continue and it will sell.

The feud with Brock Lesnar has just begun. Stay tuned.

Cheers. :)

I can't imagine you manage to draw a great deal of enjoyment from professional wrestling with this mindset. It's predictable more often than not. How the story is told is the exciting part.

I don't think it should end, but I think michaels doesn't want it to end because he didn't end it. He's "Mr. Wrestlemania" so if he loss twice, then no one else should come close in his eyes.

The streak sucks and so does Taker. I'm disappointed with the way Brock Lesnar has been booked lately. I hope Lesnar snaps during the match for real and puts Taker in his place. That would be hilarious. As much as I want the streak to end we all know it isn't going to happen :( Randy Orton and Edge were the most likely to end it.

Brock should shoot for real and change the plans at the end of the match, making Big Mark tap out.

The old slogan for wrestlers was when you retire, "Retire on your back."

Undertaker comes from the old school of wrestling where this still stands. One obvious match was HBK ending Flair's career (from WWE anyway).

If a Wrestlemania winds up being his last match ever, I think he'll want to "retire on his back" and have someone end the streak.

It has to be someone special though. People keep saying it should be a newer guy, but it can't be someone like Del Rio or Ziggler.

Cena got his passing of the torch when he beat the Rock. I think Cena could face Taker eventually, but he won't win. Bryan to, but I don't see him winning either. Although that match could wind up being the match of the night just like Punk's was.

For me I think it depends on how the careers of Wyatt and Reigns go over the next year. Those 2 guys are special (to me anyway). If they can keep their flow going, I can see one of them being "the guy."

But who knows. The guy to do it might not even be on the roster right now.

The benefits of giving someone an enormous push by ending the streak is outweighed by the negatives of killing the "aura" of the Undertaker. They've gone this far with it, I don't see why they would end it. He's going to retire w/ the Streak intact, and anyone who thinks otherwise is just not being realistic.

You could say "well if he's retiring anyway, why not just end the streak", and that is a valid idea, but I just think its something the WWE wants to have in their history. The one guy who never lost at WM.

If you ask everybody in the wrestling industry if the Streak should end, 90 percent of them will say no. Sure everybody talks about the Streak ending but how would you REALLY feel, actually watching Taker lose at Wrestlemania... probably not too good.

Taker has EARNED that streak, he's been a WWE guy BASICALLY all his career (for those smarks who still remember Mean Mark Callous, yes I said basically) and never once has he pulled the crap that Austin, Rock, HHH, HBK, Bret Hart, or CM Punk have pulled... he has ALWAYS been there. The streak does not need to end to advance somebodies career (can you imagine somebody ending the Streak and turning into a flop?

The Streak will be remembered in wrestling lore forever and that is WAY more important than trying to push one guy to the moon.
PS. For anybody who thinks Lesnar is going over Taker at Mania, you're out of your minds! No chance Taker loses the Streak to a part timer who only has one year left on his contract and PROBABLY (maybe) won't be in the HOF.

PPS: Taker has offered the Streak to people many times. He wanted Kurt Angle to break it at Mania 24 I believe? but Kurt was on his way to TNA.

So, against popular opinion, I voted "yes", it should be broken.

I love the Undertaker. But the streak has become the most interesting thing about him at this point. And year after year, I'm becoming more and more bored with it. I know Lesnar isn't beating the streak. I knew CM Punk wasn't going to beat the streak. I knew Triple H wasn't going to beat it, especially the second time...

What's the point in having the match, when it's becoming more and more predictable what the outcome is?

The streak should be broken. It would be the biggest thing to happen at 'Mania since Hogan slamming Andre. The whole point of building it up so big is that it means so much when it is broken. Otherwise, we're at the point now where we're just going through the motions until 'Taker just retires or gets injured.

So, against popular opinion, I voted "yes", it should be broken.

I love the Undertaker. But the streak has become the most interesting thing about him at this point. And year after year, I'm becoming more and more bored with it. I know Lesnar isn't beating the streak. I knew CM Punk wasn't going to beat the streak. I knew Triple H wasn't going to beat it, especially the second time...

What's the point in having the match, when it's becoming more and more predictable what the outcome is?

The streak should be broken. It would be the biggest thing to happen at 'Mania since Hogan slamming Andre. The whole point of building it up so big is that it means so much when it is broken. Otherwise, we're at the point now where we're just going through the motions until 'Taker just retires or gets injured.

Thing is, the Undertaker's career is on its last legs. Chances are this might well be his last Mania, as he doesn't confirm his participation in the next Mania until late in the Wrestling calendar.
That said, as HBK alluded to, as long as it seems there is a chance of the Steak being broken, people will definitely be interested in it.

Hence, I would have put Cena to face Taker this year, or someone else of similar status to Cena. That would mean there are very few viable candidates to do it, perhaps Only John Cena and the Rock. Maybe if Sting comes and can wrestle a match, they should have done Cena this year as a Blockbuster Main Event of WM30, then next year,2015, setup Sting vs the Undertaker, then in 2016, have a Career vs Streak match, the Rock vs the Undertaker. That would be three blockbuster matches that the majority of WWE fans would love to see,lMO. By 2017, the likes of Bray or Roman might me over enough to take a shot at breaking the streak , and let either of them get closer than anyone ever before, and Taker breaks kayfabe, and gives them respect for their effort, thus paving the way for another Face of the Company since Taker has seen it all, From Hogan to Austin to Rock to Cena....

25-0

That said, I am a huge Taker fan, and I am also fond of Brock since he returned, I just like the whole Badass,Monster role he plays. Thus, I will be following this feud closely even though I fully predict that Taker will win the match and continue the Streak.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back