Rock No Shows Tonight's RAW?

I don't buy the injury claims at all, he has to start filming Hercules immediately, the injuries he has supposedly sustained would delay the start of that movie by a couple of months I'd imagine and that would put Rock and WWE in all kinds of shit.

I have no conspiracy theories but whatever the reason for his no show and the fact he didn't appear to bother to inform WWE, I'd guarantee the injury excuse is kayfabe.

I don't buy the injury claims at all, he has to start filming Hercules immediately, the injuries he has supposedly sustained would delay the start of that movie by a couple of months I'd imagine and that would put Rock and WWE in all kinds of shit.

The fact that the movie could have to be postponed doesn't automatically make the injury fake since it isn't like injuries (if real) are plotted out. Maybe it will be delayed. If the studio is scrambling to figure things out, they aren't obligated to let the public immediately know what measures are being taken. No matter what, when he agreed to film the movie he already knew about his WWE obligations so, while they probably aren't thrilled about the injury if it is true, and while it could mess things up like you said it isn't like it wasn't a known and maybe feared possibility on all ends.

I have no conspiracy theories but whatever the reason for his no show and the fact he didn't appear to bother to inform WWE, I'd guarantee the injury excuse is kayfabe.

Was he a no show though or is that just more speculative reporting that is being believed as fact?

The fact that the movie could have to be postponed doesn't automatically make the injury fake since it isn't like injuries (if real) are plotted out. Maybe it will be delayed. If the studio is scrambling to figure things out, they aren't obligated to let the public immediately know what measures are being taken. No matter what, when he agreed to film the movie he already knew about his WWE obligations so, while they probably aren't thrilled about the injury if it is true, and while it could mess things up like you said it isn't like it wasn't a known and maybe feared possibility on all ends.

I didn't see the match but to tear your abdomen from the bone, tear your pelvis and suffer a hernia you have to do something pretty risky from a lifting perspective. From Rock's other matches he has taken it ultra safe and is a smart athlete who simply wouldn't put himself in that position. Obviously I stated my view as fact and I may be proven wrong, we'll know soon enough as the delay will make movie headlines if the injuries are true, I mean he'd be looking at HHH quad injury length recovery time.

Was he a no show though or is that just more speculative reporting that is being believed as fact?

It was reported in every article, whether it's true or not is uncertain.

I do think The Rock is legitimately hurt. The only question that seems up in the air is whether he went back home without telling anyone thus the scramble to change the script. I don't think for one second that Rock would do that. Yeah call me a Rock mark all you want but he's not that type of guy at all. Could he of still been there? Probably. But you guys have to think of it from his point of view if he is hurt he's filming in a few weeks and he has obligations to fill, he HAS to be healthy to film that movie. Like it or not he's an actor, he can't go and risk getting hurt further especially considering the angle was supposed to be with Brock Lesnar. I can fully understand why the crowd booed his picture (although this died down fairly quickly because I think most of them probably had seen Rock's tweet or something) They've paid to go to Raw thinking he'd be there to be fair so they've got every right to be upset. I am huge fan of Rock always have been always will be not hiding that fact away but I wish people would understand that he's actually risking a fair bit wrestling again. What if he broke his neck at WM? He'd be in major trouble with the directors of Hercules.

Not in final match at WM no way. Booker said he was number 1 contender for one and second of all I think he will have another match at WM30.

As far as what I've read, Rock's injuries appear to be legitimate. There are different levels of severity when it comes to them, so how badly he's hurt is also a big question.

If they're as bad as they sound, then the Hercules movie will definitely have to be postponed. As one would imagine, Rock is going to have to be jacked, maybe even more so than usual, to portray Hercules and it sounds like it'd be risky if he lifted something as heavy as a Big Mac.

The live crowd last night didn't believe the injuries were legit. At the same time, that's the sort of crowd that gives the impression that wrestlers are there to entertain them no matter the cost. It struck me as the type of crowd who'd find it perfectly grand to see stuff like unprotected shots to the head with chairs, or with anything else, be brought back. Who cares if a wrestler gets seriously injured while doing what he does so long as the smarks get to do their "this is awesome" chant.

If you read on Wrestlezone now, The Rock was injured at WrestleMania during his match with John Cena for the Wwe Championship. He genuinely tor his abdomen and adductor muscles of the bone, He flew straight back home after WrestleMania to seek medical attention

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back