*POSSIBLE SPOILER* The Rock to return on tonight's RAW?

TheOneAndOnlyGOAT

Championship Contender
This is pure speculation.

The Rock is in Omaha, the city where WWE will air RAW tonight.

10ztmb4.png

24gjbk2.png

Do you think that WWE could be bringing The Rock back to fill in for CM Punk on the road to WrestleMania? Or that The Rock will be just making one appearance on RAW? Or The Rock won't appear at all?

Sound off below.

I have always enjoyed watching The Rock perform in a WWE ring. And I think that this would be the greatest upstaging of all time, CM Punk is a putrid self-promoting self-absorbed narcissus that HATES the success that The Rock enjoys, and The Rock is a pretty great entertainer. If the WWE is bringing The Rock in tonight, that is the final slap in the face of CM Punk.

I have always enjoyed watching The Rock perform in a WWE ring. And I think that this would be the greatest upstaging of all time, CM Punk is a putrid self-promoting self-absorbed narcissus that HATES the success that The Rock enjoys, and The Rock is a pretty great entertainer. If the WWE is bringing The Rock in tonight, that is the final slap in the face of CM Punk.

I don't think that CM Punk hates The Rock. He was one of the few guys that came to check on Rock after he got injured at WM29. He was just upset because he thought The Rock was the reason he didn't main event WrestleMania.

This year, he learned the lesson. If it's not going to be The Rock, it's going to be Batista, if not then Lesnar, then Taker, then Cena...

Punk has a delusion of grandeur, he thinks he's superior to everybody and that he should main event WrestleMania, he needs to keep his feet on the ground and not get too cocky, from a financial standpoint there are way better options to main event Mania than punk

Anyway, I would love to see The Rock tonight, appearance or WM run, doesn't matter.

Agreed.
I do want CM Punk come back eventually, due to being a fan of his. However, I won't lose sleep if the WWE sees it fit to cut him loose and do bring the Rock back as a slap in the face to him.

Just wonder what the Rock's role would be if he did come back as a huge surprise.

I don't think that CM Punk hates The Rock. He was one of the few guys that came to check on Rock after he got injured at WM29. He was just upset because he thought The Rock was the reason he didn't main event WrestleMania.

This year, he learned the lesson. If it's not going to be The Rock, it's going to be Batista, if not then Lesnar, then Taker, then Cena...

Punk has a delusion of grandeur, he thinks he's superior to everybody and that he should main event WrestleMania, he needs to keep his feet on the ground and not get too cocky, from a financial standpoint there are way better options to main event Mania than punk

Anyway, I would love to see The Rock tonight, appearance or WM run, doesn't matter.

He's hates the Rock's level of success. That's how I meant that to read. CM Punk, despite how hard he ever worked, will never be as big as The Rock, Stone Cold, John Cena, Hulk Hogan, HHH, etc. (Not that HHH is as big as The Rock, either). There is a tier of megastar that the WWE produces, and no matter what, CM Punk just doesn't have "it".

Where does Rock say he's in Omaha? He's saying OMAHA! in his Twitter message as as a shoutout to Peyton Manning's "OMAHA" line call he had been using during games. That's what the Omaha means there.

Not to burst anyone's potential enthusiasm, but I'm pretty sure The Rock is simply parodying Peyton Manning and his "Omaha" call at the line of scrimmage. Pretty sure it's a crazy coincidence the E is in Omaha tonight.

I can't believe I'm reading this.

The Rock wasn't IN Omaha. I'm assuming you got that impression by the fact that he posted "OMAHA".

"Omaha" is something that Peyton Manning yells out a lot when he's up at the line of scrimmage. It's became a "thing". It was all over the internet for a couple of weeks. If you look at the Rock's other hashtags, one of them is #ManningLegacy. He was rooting for Denver. "Omaha" is kind of a "war-cry".

Sorry to kill your hopes and dreams about the Rock returning tonight.

I agree with everyone else. He is just referring to Mannings OMAHA call on the line during games. Really people, The Rock is not coming back. Time to move on.

Damn, for a second I got pretty excited. I would have loved if they simply plugged The Rock in Triple H's spot. Triple H has been Rock's biggest rival. They feuded as Rocky Maivia and Hunter Hearst Helmsley. Then both became part of major factions which went on to feud with each other. When Rock was in the Corporation he feuded with HHH and DX. They feuded as main eventers, and when HHH was in charge in 2000, the Rock was one of his biggest enemies. They've had countless matches but never at WM.

But it looks as if The Rock is just a Broncos fan and that this is one hell of a coincidence.

Haha. I didn't even read the Tweet. Good catch.

Yeah. Start doing that. You don't want to rely on other people's interpretations of tweets. Or you could get wrapped up into a pointless fantasy booking session focused on a guy who is going to be nowhere near Wrestlemania.

I can't believe I'm reading this.

The Rock wasn't IN Omaha. I'm assuming you got that impression by the fact that he posted "OMAHA".

"Omaha" is something that Peyton Manning yells out a lot when he's up at the line of scrimmage. It's became a "thing". It was all over the internet for a couple of weeks. If you look at the Rock's other hashtags, one of them is #ManningLegacy. He was rooting for Denver. "Omaha" is kind of a "war-cry".

Sorry to kill your hopes and dreams about the Rock returning tonight.

You don't know what you're talking about.

The Rock is just trolling the fans, he'll be on tonight's raw.

I respect your opinion and point of view but I think we all know The Rock is coming back to face Daniel Bryan or LeBron James at Wrestlemania XXX.

Yeah. Start doing that. You don't want to rely on other people's interpretations of tweets. Or you could get wrapped up into a pointless fantasy booking session focused on a guy who is going to be nowhere near Wrestlemania.

Yeah, it was my fault for assuming the OP had read the Tweet before he posted it.

You don't know what you're talking about.

The Rock is just trolling the fans, he'll be on tonight's raw.

I respect your opinion and point of view but I think we all know The Rock is coming back to face Daniel Bryan or LeBron James at Wrestlemania XXX.

Well done sir. :lmao:

I don't want to pile on too much. If a guy doesn't really follow sports at ALL and never has ESPN on or anything else related to sports, I guess you could not get the "Omaha" thing.

This is an illustration of how fans are always looking around the corner, coming up with ways for guys who aren't with the company, to come back.

I won't lay it on the OP for thinking something that never was. Even many NFL fans don't know about the whole OMAHA call.

Regardless, no way Rock would even be able to make a surprise appearance without it being leaked in some way. They've had a pretty tough time keeping things a secret lately. Batista's return. Punk's walk out.

If the Rock was going to appear, one news outlet would have broken it by now.

Yeah, it was my fault for assuming the OP had read the Tweet before he posted it.

He did read the tweet. That's why he thought the Rock was going to be in Omaha. He just took it the wrong way.

Not your fault though, I was being sarcastic in my recommendations to you to not trust what people post.

Either way, this is a rumor that just died on the vine.

They would not have the Rock just show up unannounced. WWE would be all over social media announcing it to increase Raw Ratings.

They might have a surprise return for someone like RVD,Jericho,Or any other part timer but anyone comparable to Rock(Austin,Hogan,Sting if his rumors are true and thats a big IF) popularity wise would be advertised.

If they drafted Dwayne in to replace Punk, they can kiss goodbye to Punk EVER coming back as it would cement the point. If Vince even called Dwayne, it would...

The whole point of this is that (if legit) Punk wants the red carpet treatment that Dwayne, Dave, Warrior and Hogan are gonna get - he feels he's earned it and to be honest I think he has...

Like I said in another post, there is a list of guys in wrestling who are "royalty" and have always "gotten their way" - Hogan, Warrior, Goldberg, Brock, the Kliq, Batista, Rock, Austin, Cena and Orton and of course Taker... and a list of guys who haven't but been equally important at times like Bret, Foley, Flair, Angle, Jericho, Eddie but have not been seen as important or gotten the rough end... He doesn't want to be on that 2nd list any more... he wants to be on the first list...especially if a 54 year old and a 57 year old who can't get cleared are about to be getting that treatment...if he can get it for his buddy Bryan as well, all the better...

This is pure speculation.

The Rock is in Omaha, the city where WWE will air RAW tonight.

10ztmb4.png

24gjbk2.png

Do you think that WWE could be bringing The Rock back to fill in for CM Punk on the road to WrestleMania? Or that The Rock will be just making one appearance on RAW? Or The Rock won't appear at all?

Sound off below.

What part of I can't wait for the Super Bowl, #Manning Legacy, #SB48 which is the tweet BTW in case you forgot to read the tweet before you made this thread has ANYTHING to do with Raw? Not to mention when he actually tweeted the tweet. I smell a troll here.

I could see WWE trying to have the rock come in tonight to blunt the overwhelming negative reaction the crowd will give tonight's show since most will be aware of Cm Punk leaving ( work or not) by now. But i dont see the Rock doing anything long term during this WM season. He got alot of backlash from the suites in Hollywood when he got hurt last year delaying him working on one project and promoting another. Add to that with the whole redoing of the new Fast movie he might have to be filming some during the April so yeah he isnt gonna be able to do anything ring related.

I could see WWE trying to have the rock come in tonight to blunt the overwhelming negative reaction the crowd will give tonight's show since most will be aware of Cm Punk leaving ( work or not) by now.

You do realize that the entire premise of this discussion is based on a tweet that was misinterpreted by one wrestling fan right?

And do you really think that the WWE would bring in the Rock, totally unannounced, in OMAHA NEBRASKA, just to counteract the fans who may potentially troll the show with CM Punk chants?

You do realize that the entire premise of this discussion is based on a tweet that was misinterpreted by one wrestling fan right?

And do you really think that the WWE would bring in the Rock, totally unannounced, in OMAHA NEBRASKA, just to counteract the fans who may potentially troll the show with CM Punk chants?
You do realize i was just responding to the possibility right? Also if he was in the area i could see WWE reach out in a attempt to end the trolling of their shows. Didn't really care to read the tweet or anything just addressed the possible scenario.

Haha. I didn't even read the Tweet. Good catch.

I fell for it too LOL...don't watch a whole lot of football myself. This is likely an odd coincidence as Rock himself stated that there are no plans for him for WM30, but WM31 is a possibility.

I remember the last time Rock unexpectedly came back..back in 2003 when SCSA "took his ball and went home." I can only hope tonight's Raw isn't a "crap on Punk" episode.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back