Exclusive Details On The Rock’s Relationship With WWE Souring Just Days Before WM

I always will be a fan of The Rock, but I am in lockstep with Jack-Hammer's post above. The Rock was the first time I really just went nuts over a heel. His stuff during the Nation days just had me in tears laughing, and seeing him evolve into the megastar he has become is a great journey. I'm legitimately happy for him. I enjoyed having him back, and his saga with Cena here was good. That said, what's done is done, and echoing the statements above he really is not who he was in the ring anymore. At Survivor Series in that tag match, he looked PHENOMENAL.... but that was a tag match. He was very protected by Cena there. Clearly the spots were incredibly choreographed and he had been practicing those particular spots very regularly. Armdrag, Armdrag, majistrol cradle, fisherman suplex... etc etc. The moves looked super crisp, but then he tagged out to Cena who really did the majority of the work until Rock got to come in and take the win.

His match with Punk and Cena weren't what I was looking for. His match with Cena was better than the one last year, I will say that. The 28 match just fell flat for me. I didn't dislike it, but I didn't come out of it with creaming my jeans either. The finish for this year's match was really well done, and I was happy to see Cena kick out of Rock's finishes. That's one thing I heard about Rock in the past, is that he will try to run over people in the ring.

Kevin Nash, that's who said it. When he came back to WWE, Rock was like "OK what 1 move do you want to get in."

1 move? Fuck you, man! I would be pissed about that. Nash didn't let him do that to him either. I love Nash and his demeanor. Reminds me a lot of the guys I grew up with during high school / college years. In that shoot interview Nash said "Fuck you, I got 5 moves! I'd like to get all 5 in, dick!" to paraphrase.

To wrap this rambling post up, I am happy for Rocky's movie career. The Rundown is a bad-ASS movie that I can watch again and again. I want to see him join The Expendables. I dig his acting career, and I'll see his newer movies when they hit Netflix. It is time to hang up the boots though.

I can't be sure whether to believe The Rock or not. I really like The Rock, and regardless of Triple H being in charge of things or not, I can't imagine him turning his back on WWE. Personally, a feud with Brock Lesnar would have been great. Have Lesnar win at WrestleMania, attack The Rock and set up the match. I can't imagine anyone turning it down. Then again, a feud with The Undertaker for WrestleMania XXX would also be cool.

Still, they may not happen. I would be surprised if The Rock did completely leave the WWE. Even though acting is doing him well, he is still getting a lot out of the wrestling business. I call bullshit somewhere.

I will add, though, that The Rock should retire from in-ring competition after WrestleMania XXX. Appearances in WWE can still happen, but not in a wrestling capacity. If the injury at WrestleMania 29 was indeed as severe as it sounds, it is clear he can't go any more. The match was evidence of that. Don't ruin a great career with a shit return.

Rock should only be back to fight HHH, Mark Henry, Brock, Undertaker, Batista or Jericho

Cena should be feuding with CM Punk, Mark Henry, Ryback, Sheamus and Orton and lets keep it ALL on RAW

I could buy this report because there were already rumors of a Brock Lesnar and Rock match coming up before the WrestleMania build for this year with Cena & Rock. Given how much pride Rock has in his ego, it wouldn't surprise me if he did refuse to job two months in a row. Another interesting element of this report is the Triple H side of it. It is no secret that Rock & HHH have had past legit heat, stemming back to the HOF induction ceremony in which Rock inducted his father and grandfather. Triple H said something along the lines of mocking the "millions and millions of Dwayne fans" and took shots at Rock for not being there. But, then you watch "The Epic Journey of Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson" DVD and Triple H is literally kissing Rock's ass and has totally changed his stance. Which is a shrewd business move but a pretty telling motive for the only reason HHH is getting along with Rock to begin with.

I have been disappointed with Rock's return but I blame the politics, management, and the "creative team"[if you can call them that] for this being a big deal. I'll be the first to admit that The Rock hasn't been up to par with his past material, but he is still a big name star. This report being the real deal wouldn't surprise me at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back