Rock and John Cena Teaming At Survivor Series?

Unless Taker fights Sting, and even if he does, he shouldn't be the final match over Cena v Rock. WWE should have learned their lesson at WrestleMania 18 with the Hogan/Rock match. It was the main event, no matter if it was the first or last match on the card, and putting on Jericho v HHH after it was a mistake, even to Jericho, who was in the match. I don't see the logic of doing it, otherwise.

No matter who Undertaker faces, though it should be exciting, it won't trump the other match in hype. I mean, it would probably be best to go on third to last, because: 1) we all know what's going to happen; 2) if it's just him vs HHH again, then that's not a main event match. I agree that Taker deserves such an honor, but it's just not the situation.

Finally, if we know that Punk is going to be in the title match (and I swear if ADR is anywhere near that match...), he'll probably be the sub-main event, just because they really do seem to value him as a future mega-star. You could probably expect someone like Miz, who's another future face of the company, to be his opponent. I'd expect the WWE to put this right below the Rock and Cena because it's a great way to promote them as future stars. Taker won't be any higher than third to last, I wouldn't imagine, but he shouldn't be higher than the sub-main; that's Rock and Cena's spot.

(especially the fact the Rock probably wont have enough conditioning to prep for that long of a match). My question though is that still leaves (even with promos and entrances) enough time for a 20 minute match.....

Are you crazy have you seen what the rock looks like lately, Cena might be a big bodybuilder but the rock way bigger than cena right now, and according to his twitter the dude works 17hrs a day on movies and still has a wrestling ring to train in, if anything you should question cena conditioning!!!!

^^ Um, dude, getting ready for movie stunts is different from getting ready for a wrestling match. Once you get past the eight minute mark, the pain and fatigue makes it more difficult to perform moves. Plus, unless you're doing a Jeff Hardy-style leap of faith, there's no padding like in movie stunts, and it's all live so you get no retakes if you botch. I'm sure the Rock will be ready to put on a good match, but we're not sure if that match will go past fifteen minutes because of the fact that he's been out of wrestling so long.

I think its laughable that people actually believe that this man who trains EVERYDAY, doesn't have the conditioning to last in a 20-25 minute match. I don't care how long he's been out of the ring. Cardio is cardio. Either you'll have it or you won't. Rock has been around wrestling his entire life. There's no possible way he gets in a ring not ready and no possible way he won't go as long as the match lasts.
I'm sure they'll have plotted this match out from start to finish and he'll work it just fine.

I believe Rock will be ready and since most ppv's end at around 10:45 I think this will be the main event. You know the match is gonna start out slow with alot of back and forth to get the crowd really into it so I don't think its far fetched that the match lasts 20-25 minutes and then you have a possible promo from the winner afterwards

Either way, both parties know that they HAVE to put on a great match because of the hype and who they are to their fans. It'll be damn exciting.

I think the OP is looking into this countdown WAY to much. If the countdown is precise then leaving an hour is just fine. I would be concerned if it was anything less!! It wont be exact anyway. Rock vs Cena will go last, this is the main event, a year in the making, Rocks big return to Wrestlemania and of course in his home town! Sorry Taker fans but there isn't a match he could possibly have bigger than this - yes, even Lesnar or Sting given it is in Miami.

As for Rocks conditioning, the guy is in shape and this is unquestionable, he could do a 20-25 minute match NO problem. It doesn't have to be fast paced from the off and Rock is getting rid of his ring rust as we speak and don't forget, Survivor Series, probably the Rumble and Elimination Chamber aswell, hell maybe he will get in the ring at a few Raws as well. Hogan and McMahon, yes HULK HOGAN AND VINCE MCMAHON went over 20 minutes at Wrestlemania 19.

If you have to break it down...

3/4 minutes worth of pre match interviews and JR/Cole/King/Booker talking.
3/4 minute promo of a 'year in the making'.
7/8 minutes for entrances - Cena always does something special and maybe Rock will aswell.
25 minute match so the crowd get their moneys worth (probably a few minutes staredown before they lock horns to build anticipation)
5 minute playing to the crowd for the winner.

Then doesn't WM always do a recap of the event with a music video which last around 5 minutes aswell?

That takes us to around an hour for this huge main event. And even then, WM doesn't have to be exactly 4 hours does it.

You guys do know that they have both had hour long matches before? Now i know the rock has not wrestled for years, but im sure he's getting ready.They can easily carry a match that goes 30-40 mins. Then, as other posters said, the interviews, recaps, and entrances could easily be another 20 mins. This match has been hyped like mad, they are going to milk it for all its worth.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back