WWE Survivor Series 2011 - John Cena & The Rock vs. Awesome Truth

Well i responded to this in the wrong thread that has since been closed.....

First Off, Cena is VKM's top draw. He is not turning any time soon. His merchandise sales are reportedly falling behind Punk and Orton. IMO that is because everyone has already bought his old merch in all there bright, eye popping colors. That is why we have the new Cena merch. Not to mention how much tax writeoff money he gets the company with his make a wish stuff.

One cannot expect Rock to be heel for a maina match in his home town, I don't think there is much he could do to catch any heat going into that match, on that stage, in that town.

So with no "bad guy" you have face v face on the grandest stage of them all. The best thing VKM could do is have Cena and Rock tag at SS, it reinforces the whole "Rise Above Hate" thing cena has going on. It also gives the younger fans a chance to see Rock in a match. A large part of WWE fan's never seen Rock wrestle besides a dvd or some other taped match. I myself want to see what he can do after 7 years!

I think VKM thinks there mania match will pretty much sell itself, not much you can do face v face anyways so i don't expect much of a thrilling build to the match.

Now that Evan Bourne has been suspended, it's likely that Air Boom will be forced to surrender the Tag Team Championship belts. Don't be surprised if Awesome Truth end up with the belts, heading into this match so it's for the Tag Team Championship. It would hype the match more and wouldn't really change the ending. Miz and Truth would probably still win to retain the titles. However, it's possible WWE could go the route they normally do when two "enemies" team up and of course, let them win belts. Then Rock would not show up on RAW the next night or he'd show up and leave or something so that they lose the belts right back to Awesome Truth.

I'm not saying this will happen but don't be surprised if it does.

I'm quite excited about this match, for multiple reasons. For one, we see the in-ring return of The Rock and on top of that, I'm really curious to see how the dynamic will play out between Rock and Cena. There's clearly tension there, which leads me to believe this match will have huge consequences on the entire build moving forward to WrestleMania. As fans, we don't actually have any idea what will happen -- and that's when wrestling is at its best.

This match could also do wonders for Awesome Truth. They could easily eek out a win over Rock and Cena, due to the uneasy alliance. We don't know how well they work together, but Awesome Truth are a well oiled machine. On the other hand, there is also the possibility that Awesome Truth become "forgotten" in all of this. The focus will obviously be on Rock and Cena and depending on how they play that up, it can overshadow the match itself. While this match WILL be crucial to the build between Rock and Cena moving forward, they need to also focus on the match at hand and the others in the match.

Another important part to this match will be making The Rock look good. He's not too old and he's in great shape, but he hasn't been in a WWE ring for seven years. He's gotta work the rust off and appear to be a legitimate threat to Cena down the road. I don't want him to come in there and pick the bones of what Cena leaves behind. By that same token though, you don't want him blowing through Awesome Truth and making Cena look weaker (not that it would really have that big of an affect).

Finally, I want to quickly go over something I've been seeing: The prospect of turning either The Rock or John Cena heel. People, it's not necessary. Both men can come into the match as faces, as they've been doing the entire time. Neither guy has suffered from it, so why would that suddenly change now? The fan following both men have is huge, the PPV will sell amazingly, there's no need to make either guy heel, it certainly won't effect the buy rate.

No doubt about it -- this match will be very interesting and important to the success of WrestleMania 28.

The Rock has promised to kick Cenas butt in a promo earlier in the summer. That is what he will do. He will turn on Cena during or after the match and leave him in the ring. My guess at least :)

Cena will never go heel. Sorry to all that think so. He has too much going in with the anti-bully, make a wish and whole role model thing. CM Punk is getting better and selling a lot but in the long term he is not a viable replacement for Cena.

What i have a problem seeing is how this will make Cena look good after WM28. No matter what, he will get heavily booed at in The Rocks hometown. Unless they are able to slowly turn The Rock into a bully and the arrogant character he is playing in the WWE.

In my opinion WWE would do a huge mistake by having The Rock beat Cena at the grandest stage and then leave. Unless they have something secret set up for Summerslam next year :shrug:

In my opinion WWE would do a huge mistake by having The Rock beat Cena at the grandest stage and then leave. Unless they have something secret set up for Summerslam next year :shrug:

Unless, they're turning Cena heel, it's a huge mistake to have Cena win at Wrestlemania, IMO. Sure all the Little Jimmys and "know it all marks" are going to say that this is a "torch passing" match and it does no good to have Rock win and there's no way he'll win, the fact of the matter is that the match is in Miami AND it's very likely that the Rock will be inducted into the Hall of Fame the night before. Cena will get booed out of the building as soon as his music hits and all throughout the match. If he were to beat the Rock in that scenario (Wrestlemania, Rock's home town, just got inducted into Hall of Fame), he's heel in my book, no matter what happens during the actual match (and even if there's a lame handshake at the end which is what they'll do if they plan on having Cena win).

My point is, if they want to keep Cena face and unify the Little Jimmys and haters, the best thing to do is have the Rock win. Who cares if the Little Jimmies don't like the Rock, after he wins, the important thing for the WWE is that some of the haters, myself included, might actually respect Cena, if he lays down for the Rock and lets the Rock have his moment.

Look at the flipside. If this were in Boston, as over as the Rock is with the fans, they'd boo him out of the building there too.

Don't get me wrong, I'm incredibly excited for this match! But I wish this were going to be a traditional five on five match.

I can't pick a winner for this one, but that's probably just because I haven't been thinking into it too much. I can't really picture The Rock and John Cena winning, but at the same time, I can. So, no winner picked yet.

Personally, I want Awesome Truth to win. R-Truth in my eyes has become MUCH more entertaining since his heel turn in April, and Miz is the Miz, and he's always been entertaining, so nuff said there.

Really excited for this match. I'm just glad they actually found a way to work it into the storyline(Cena needs a partner he knows isn't with Laurinaitis that'll screw him(man that sounds fucked up)). I know I'm likely in the minority, but I'm especially happy that it isn't a 5 on 5 match, mainly for one reason: The Rock HAS to get in the ring. If this was a 5 on 5, you could argue that throwing Rock on Cena's team would would give Rock very little ring time, which could be both good and bad, but then it seems like just another way to sell tickets. Now don't get me wrong I think it's still a way to sell tickets, especially since this show's in the heart of New York City at Madison Square Garden where Rock debuted 15 years ago, but honestly, I think this is a better way of selling what's obviously the main attraction of the show.

If people want a 5 on 5 match, I guess there's a fair argument for that too as Rock is bound to have some ring rust and this type of match could both get him some time in the ring while avoiding any chance of injury just 5 months away from 'Mania. Get the 5 on 5 matches develop around the upper midcard fueds(such as Orton vs Christian, Sheamus vs Christian, ect.) to possibly set up other fued combinations to last until The Road To WrestleMania starts so everything can kick into a higher gear.

As far as who I think will win, I see Rock likely turning on Cena(Cena isn't going heel so the opposite isn't possible) AFTER they win to show that Rock isn't on Laurinaitis' side, but also that he isn't on Cena's side. Then the night after he can say that he gave the people what they want, but that didn't mean they would become best friends or anything. Then they can build up their 'Mania match while I guess Miz and Truth could help Del Rio attempt to(hopefully) get the WWE Title off of Punk.

I'd like to see Cena/Rock vs Awesome Truth interrupted by Nash, who attacks Rock and Cena, then HHH comes out and chases him off. Rock gets the win over Truth, then Cena and Rock have a long staredown as the Survivor Series credits roll. I think Rock or Cena is too predictable at this point to be honest with you.

I would like to see Rock/Cena/HHH against Nash/Miz/Truth at TLC because that is another HUGE attraction IMO. Rock/HHH interaction combined with Nash/Miz & Truth interaction would close out the WWE year in a major way. Or even Nash/Miz/Truth vs Foley/Cena/HHH and then Rock comes out and lays out Nash/Miz or Truth

I hope Miz and Truth rip Cena apart right now and do something drastic because even suspending my belief, the way they were booked last week, they pose no threat in a handicap match against Cena, nevermind having to face Cena and Rock.

this match between the rock and cena facing awesome truth at survivor series is going to suck,and here the reason why.2 weeks ago,cena faced both miz and r truth in a handicap match on raw.he won that match.then this week,it was cena and ryder taking on awesome truth and he lost.in csr,they explained what was the reason for this match to take place at survivor series btween rock and cena if they know that cena could beat both miz and r truth. cena doesnt even need a tag team partner to face both miz and r truth,so to me in my opinion,this match is just waste of time.

Why are people upset about this? Because in your head you convinced yourself they were going with "Team rock vs Team Cena"? that's dumb. They changed it up.

It's going to be an extremely fun match and the dynamic of them having to team is a LOT more interesting than them on opposing sides. Too bad Rock doesn't give a shit to show up except once in a while or this could be fun. Then again, him being a piece of shit who loves the WWE....when it benefits him makes the feud even better, so I can't complain.

REALLY interested in seeing how Rock moves and bumps etc. Or if he even bumps at all.

this match between the rock and cena facing awesome truth at survivor series is going to suck,and here the reason why.2 weeks ago,cena faced both miz and r truth in a handicap match on raw.he won that match.then this week,it was cena and ryder taking on awesome truth and he lost.in csr,they explained what was the reason for this match to take place at survivor series btween rock and cena if they know that cena could beat both miz and r truth. cena doesnt even need a tag team partner to face both miz and r truth,so to me in my opinion,this match is just waste of time.
Cena can beat both when there is no cheating. Because Miz and truth are a better team and cheat and shit, they win. That's the point. You aren't supposed to believe the heels can win clean, it's what makes them heels. this is pro wrestling, it's how it's always been. this match is to make Awesome truth look like a big deal and hype up Rock/Cena. It's doing it's job and will be a very well worked match.

It actually makes a lot of sense to not make this match a 5 on 5 match. It's like an appetizer for WrestleMania and we all do know that Mania is going to be all about John Cena and The Rock. In a way having a CM Punk or a Randy Orton team up with Cena and Rock would have been detrimental for them as by the end of the show people would not have remembered what they had done at Survivor Series as the focus would have been on the dynamic duo. Such is the starpower of Cena and Rock.

Rock and Cena are obviously going to win this match but the thing to ponder on is how would Survivor Series end. Would there be a boring handshake between the two or is there going to be a brawl between the two to end the show? I would certainly go for option number 2. Have one of them knock the other one out near the end of the match and pick up the win all by himself. I'd have Rock knock Cenaout by mistake and then pick up the win for his team with a Rock Bottom on Miz and a Spinebuster/ People's Elbow combo on Truth for the pin. Have Cena come back and unload a few punches on Rock. Have Rocky fight back and then have the entire roster come out to seperate the two. That would get some more intensity into their match and make it seem more personal.

A few months, I heard people saying it was gonna be Team Bring It vs. Team Cena in a Survivor Series match. Now it's just a one-sided tag team match. Unless there's a heel turn, there is no way Awesome Truth will win.

A few months, I heard people saying it was gonna be Team Bring It vs. Team Cena in a Survivor Series match. Now it's just a one-sided tag team match. Unless there's a turn, there is no way Awesome Truth will win.

I believe there will be a turn, not just a traditional heel turn. Cena has focused so much of his attention in recent promos as to how and why Rock isn't here. It's almost been said in a condescending, holier-then-tho attitude as well.

Further, Cena isn't the one who asked the Rock to be his partner for their match? Because he truly was sick of Awesome Truth? Please. I'm sure it's been said before, but it bears repeating. Cena has shown that he's had little difficulty handling both men on his own, and could have picked anyone on the roster, teamed with him in matches for several weeks, and developed the necessary chemistry to defeat Truth and Miz. Instead, he chooses a man he mostly disparages, someone he likely will have trouble co-existing with, as a thrown together team.

I know KB is going to disagree with this wholeheartedly, as he sees there needing no explanation as to why Rock and Cena should make for a great team. But I see it here on the site all the time, and those who point it out are correct. Thrown together teams just shouldn't be going over established teams, such as Rhodes and Barrett did against Air Boom several weeks ago on Raw. It lessens the credibility of the established team, which Miz and Truth are. Im sure that won't be relevant here, but I felt it needed brought up. Even the biggest star of his era in Cena and one of the biggest stars of his in Rock teaming together doesn't automatically mean they're going to be a good team. Egos get in the way of tag teams all the time in professional wrestling, which leads to breakups of established teams. Rock and Cena have never teamed together before, and to say both characters aren't somewhat egocentric would be foolish.

Rock spoke in his pre-taped promo on the tron about how Cena would get a taste of what he was in store for at Wrestlemania by watching the ass-kicking Rock puts on Miz and Truth. What better way then for Cena to outdo him then to show Rock what he has in store for him at Wrestlemania then by himself kicking Rock's ass himself? As I said earlier, Cena has shown Miz and Truth he can handle them, and I'm not sure if they're much more relevant then Daivari and Hassan were to HBK and Hogan in 2005. The only way I can make sense of this mess is to see Cena turn on Rock. It doesn't even have to be a heel turn, per se, but just leaving him lying, much like Batista did to Undertaker at No Way Out 2007. He didn't become a heel, he just turned on Undertaker and watched as they lost the match. I expect similar here.

LSN's Prediction: Miz and Truth defeat Cena and Rock when Miz pins Rock after Cena turns on Rock.

I really believe the ONLY way this match should go down is with The Awesome Truth winning. Cena and Rock gain absolutely nothing from picking up the win, it only makes fans feel good if Rock gets the pin, but it really does much more for them to lose here as it builds their rivalry towards Wrestlemania. I actually think it would be stronger if The Awesome Truth picks up the clean win due to a lack of teamwork and communication by the Rock and Cena. For example Cena tries to tag in to help Rocky and Rocky refuses and gets hit with one of The Awesome Truth finishers and Cena doesn't break up the pin. Something along those lines would be great, I think Rock getting pinned has the strongest outcome whether it comes from lack of communication or a less likely Cena betrayal. Cena could also get pinned, as Rock could hit him with anything and people would still cheer him. Either way, clean or dirty, Awesome Truth NEEDS to win here. Cena and Rock pick up more by losing, and Awesome Truth picks up way more by winning. If it is booked any differently, I'll be left scratching my head...

I really believe the ONLY way this match should go down is with The Awesome Truth winning. Cena and Rock gain absolutely nothing from picking up the win, it only makes fans feel good if Rock gets the pin, but it really does much more for them to lose here as it builds their rivalry towards Wrestlemania. I actually think it would be stronger if The Awesome Truth picks up the clean win due to a lack of teamwork and communication by the Rock and Cena. For example Cena tries to tag in to help Rocky and Rocky refuses and gets hit with one of The Awesome Truth finishers and Cena doesn't break up the pin. Something along those lines would be great, I think Rock getting pinned has the strongest outcome whether it comes from lack of communication or a less likely Cena betrayal. Cena could also get pinned, as Rock could hit him with anything and people would still cheer him. Either way, clean or dirty, Awesome Truth NEEDS to win here. Cena and Rock pick up more by losing, and Awesome Truth picks up way more by winning. If it is booked any differently, I'll be left scratching my head...

Totally agree with you, but I think there's no way that Rock and Cena don't walk out as the winners here.

Miz and Truth are playing the same role as Miz did for WM27 - he's not considered the reason to buy the show, he's just a side dish to the Cena-Rock story.

I for one can't wait for Rock to get back in the ring in MSG, it's what being a fan is all about, those big moments when we just mark out and stop over-analysing EVERYTHING.

I think WWE, especially the way the booking has simplified to "good guys always look better than bad guys" booking in the last few years, will definitely have Rock make the pin (probably on Truth) and then there'll be some after-shenanigans with him and Cena to close the show.

Totally agree with you, but I think there's no way that Rock and Cena don't walk out as the winners here.

Miz and Truth are playing the same role as Miz did for WM27 - he's not considered the reason to buy the show, he's just a side dish to the Cena-Rock story.

I for one can't wait for Rock to get back in the ring in MSG, it's what being a fan is all about, those big moments when we just mark out and stop over-analysing EVERYTHING.

I think WWE, especially the way the booking has simplified to "good guys always look better than bad guys" booking in the last few years, will definitely have Rock make the pin (probably on Truth) and then there'll be some after-shenanigans with him and Cena to close the show.

I am with you 100%. I was very disappointed that this wasn't going to be a Survivor Series Elimination match at first and I'm even more disappointed with how lousy the build-up has been thus far without Rock's involvement, BUT as you said it's the return of the Rock. It's in MSG which is always a great crowd. It'll be electric to say the least. I will be there in person and for as much as I am disappointed with how this main event is shaped, bottom line is I'll still be there to see arguably one of the most anticipated returns to the ring in WWE history and that's something SPECIAL.

I think you called it too! The Rock with the pin over R-Truth. Rock and Cena maybe get into it to close the show. I don't think it'll become physical with Rock and Cena yet, as I believe it's a little too soon. But I do see a stare down, teasing physicality and eventually Truth and Miz recovering to attack them from behind. Rock and Cena destroy Miz and Truth. It'll be one of those things where one tries to top the other. Cena with an "AA", Rock with a "Rock Bottom," Cena with a "5 Knuckle Shuffle" and the Rock with a "People's Elbow," and so on and so forth.

As much as I'd LOVE to see Miz and Truth here just for the sake of being truly and utterly shocked the likes of which I can't even remember, fact is I can't see the Rock ending up on the losing side in his first match in over 7 years, even if he doesn't take the fall. WWE's hoping for a big pay day with Rock/Cena at Wrestlemania. They want all the steam behind this they can get. Facts also dictate Miz and Truth will recover and certainly losing to the Rock and Cena won't make them look weak in the slightest. I'm just hoping they give it a really good battle.

This match is going to kick so much ass it isn't even funny, Sunday we will see The Rock and John Cena team up for the first and last time to take on the team of The Miz and R-Truth, Awesome Truth! This one is gonna be a blast to watch because of it's unpredictability, part of me sees Rock and Cena dominating Awesome Truth and picking up the win but then they turn on each other or if they turn on eachother during the match and because of that Truth and Miz pick up the win when they're distracted. I'm going to go with the latter and say that Awesome Truth will capitalize on Cena and Rocks shaky alliance.
Gunslinger's Prediction
Awesome Truth Wins

I'm stoked for this match. On top of that, I am so happy to see R-Truth being utilized to this extent. The match should be very good and while I initially thought that Cena and Rock would be the ones coming out on top, I've since thought differently. It's pretty clear that the alliance between Cena and Rock is shaky at best and could easily implode. I have a feeling that's exactly will happen, allowing Awesome Truth to pick up the win as well as much needed momentum which will hopefully lead to a tag team title run for them.

As for how the finish goes down, there's the ever so desired Cena heel turn. Not something I will rule out but also not something I'm going to clamor for like so many. Of course, I suppose you could still try to keep Cena face but have him turn on Rock by hitting him with the AA and allow Awesome Truth to win. I'm not sure it's likely though. The other (more likely) option is for Rock to turn on Cena and hit him with a Rock Bottom and cost them the match. Either way, I'm calling and hoping for an Awesome Truth win via implosion on the part of Cena and Rock's shaky partnership.

Awwwwwwwwhhhh shit! One of the most anticipated matches of the year. It's not because of awesomeness of Awesome turth or even John Cena but the fact that this is The Rock's first match in over seven years. That is more than enough to sell this PPV single handedly. The Rock and John Cena will likely go down as this generation's best and it's great seeing them on the same team. Awesome Truth doesn't get enough spotlight. This happened before with The Miz at Wrestlemania and he actually won; could the same happen here to the overshaddowed Awesome Truth? The Rock will probably do something to cost his team the match up and continue their feud. Cena/Rock do not need a win here. Not only that but could you imagine how big of a win this would be for Awesome Truth. Fucking HUGE!

Hamler's Prediction - Awesome Truth will defeat The Rock & John Cena.

I see the first part of this match being a tease where the rock don't get tagged in for part of the match, The Rock and Cena will not get anything out of winning this So I think that Awesome truth will win. If it's played right this match will only be used to build up the Cena vs Rock match at wrestlemania. One of them is going to cost the match, whether it's the rock walking out on Cena or Cena laying the rock out. A win over Cena and the Rock will really benefit the miz. Oh and I guess R truth...

Not sure if I saw this idea mentioned in this thread or not, but what about the idea Mick Foley being involved to help Awesome Truth get over? Maybe Foley could take a heel turn to get himself going in something different in the WWE. He could be a mentor to Awesome Truth, and screw over Cena and the Rock. Just something I thought about. Definitely a long shot, and I think like most we are expecting some big swerve, but probably won't get it. It would make sense if Nash came in to screw over Cena and the Rock to help Awesome Truth, but that probably won't happen either. I see Cena and the Rock screwing each other over, and that gets Awesome Truth a win. But who knows where they go from here?

I will be shocked if Miz and R-Truth win. This match is all about Cena and Rock. The only way I can see Miz and Truth winning is if Cena turns heel, and screws over Rock. I would be surprised if that happens.

Awesome Truth vs Punk/Triple H was a big time disappointment. I'm hoping this match lives up to the hype.

This will close the show, nothing else has been made to look even remotely as important. It is the "never before, never again" teaming of Cena and The Rock as well as the in-ring return for The Rock after almost a decade. Some might think Wrestlemania needed to be his return match but this will be a good warm up between now and then. Miz and Truth need the win because it will be a career defining moment for them to go over a legend and a future legend. I think they will pull it off honestly, and it will be as a result of "the most charismatic team ever" not being able to get along. Will Cena turn heel? Probably not, but this might be a good time to do it. Looking forward to this one regardless of what happens.

DAGGER'S PREDICTION
The Miz and R-Truth will defeat John Cena and The Rock

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back