The Rock At Survivor Series

Whether it's the next I'm not sure, but in NYC hell yes The Rock will be there. It's one of WWEs main venues with one of its main PPVs.

Damn, you're probably right. When I first watched this I was thinking that he could be showing up this Sunday in Chicago where he made his Wrestlemania debut, and screw Cena over there. As awesome as that would be.. Madison Square Garden and his WWE debut makes more sense.

It could be that, and if it is, awesome. I'll be there. However, I think he means Summerslam in LA. This "whole thing" with Cena began when he called him out in Anaheim in February. Thus, I think that's what he meant by "where it all began". We shall see though.

On the 3/28/11 edition of Raw in CHICAGO, The Rock said that Chicago is "where it all began."

Don't believe me? Watch The Rock's 3/28/11 promo.

Anyway, "The Rock" didn't debut at Survivor Series. Rocky Maivia debuted at Survivor Series. "The Rock" was born at WrestleMania 13 in Chicago, thanks to the boos.

He might be going to MITB. I don't think I would want to see him interfere in the main event, though.

When I first saw this, I assumed he was talking about Summerslam. I personally think Survivor Series would be a better time since it could unofficially kick off the road to Wrestlemania. I for one dont want to see the Rock cost Cena a title match. I would prefer a post match rock bottom after he comes through the crowd, and have that be the end of the PPV.

Also this thread shows just how booking this match a year in advance wasnt a bad idea. These types of promos get more people interested in the feud and also will get people to watch just to see if the rock shows up. Bravo Rock for making an amazing promo with just a camcorder

Either way it gives us something to look forward to. Whether it be Summerslam, Survivor Series, or even this Sunday at Money in the Bank. They need to start putting steam into this feud between Cena and The Rock as it has been put on the back burner. Now we are going to start heading towards the road to Mania and the summer is one of the E's best times. I'm leaning towards Survivor Series, but I expect Rock to be at Summerslam as well due to how major of an event it is for the WWE.

I'm gonna throw my weight behind Survivor Series too.

I was on Rock's twitter page and he said earlier today that he's filming GI Joe from August through to November, so if he isn't going to be at MiTB (and it would make NO sense, since WWE would definitely advertise him), then it would be Survivor Series in the building where he debuted in the WWE.

Either way it gives us something to look forward to. Whether it be Summerslam, Survivor Series, or even this Sunday at Money in the Bank. They need to start putting steam into this feud between Cena and The Rock as it has been put on the back burner. Now we are going to start heading towards the road to Mania and the summer is one of the E's best times. I'm leaning towards Survivor Series, but I expect Rock to be at Summerslam as well due to how major of an event it is for the WWE.

I wouldnt say it has been put on the back burner, its just they have gone a different way of promoting it. Its been primarily furthered on the social media sites and little jabs on Raw or in interviews. I dont need this feud to be prominently mentioned on Raw right now. These little promos by the rock or Cena get people talking, which is only helping to make this feud even bigger

We can only hope it's MITB and not survivor series. If he doesn't come back until November, the whole Cena/Rock fued is gonna be so old/bland. He needs to appear at least once a month to keep this thing going, not just video messages. It's also better if he comes back sooner because as we all saw the first time he tried to do moves he's pretty rusty.

I'll say what I said when this all began, it's the only logical thing to do especially to do better buyrates since 2002 (Elimination Chamber debut)

Team Bring It vs Team CeNation, even if Rock and Cena were captains ala Austin/Bischoff at that one SS. But I prefer them in the ring, it'd give them some physical in-ring footage for the great pre-match highlight video @ WM28 AND some time to feel each other out and develope some quick chemistry, but I'm sure they will do that off camera anyway as that's likely what they do for first time bouts especially big ones

On the 3/28/11 edition of Raw in CHICAGO, The Rock said that Chicago is "where it all began."

Anyway, "The Rock" didn't debut at Survivor Series. Rocky Maivia debuted at Survivor Series. "The Rock" was born at WrestleMania 13 in Chicago, thanks to the boos.

He might be going to MITB. I don't think I would want to see him interfere in the main event, though.

yup chicago is where it all began he has said that... i got 100 dollars on this sunday at MITB who wants to take my bet??????

cm punk mentions the rock twice on raw, cena mentions the rock on raw and that house show, and the rock makes video to reply!!! why would they have all this for SS????? its this sunday... MITB shit is gonna hit the fan

Yeah i believe you are right here.. It just seems to make more sense that he would show up at MITB because Cena's promo this monday is still fresh in all our minds and so is the Rocks latest video

By the time SS rolls around this wont be as big of a deal and alot of us will have forgotten all about it by then (though it would be good for surprise value) it just seems like it would mean more and make more sense if the Rock shows up at MITB and plays some role in the outcome of the Cena-Punk match (maybe screwing Punk over so Cena keeps the title then laying him out with a rockbottom post match and allowing the RAW MITB winner to cash in on him?)

the most important thing I get from this is that it is a pretty damn good promo/whatever it is. The Rock has really been lacking in his promos lately, becoming stale but this one was as good as a respond you can get..I wished he did it live tho. This is a big upgrade on most things since his return promo. I wish Cena would be able to up his game tho cause like pointed out, it is always the same whining "he said he would not leave", "you are walking out on them", he did the same thing with Punk on Monday, it`s really just basic fan ass kissing really (not even working) and no longer comes out as the passionated guy being intense.

Watching The Rock's promo video...something hit me.
He says he is going to "lay the smackdown" on Cena in the arena that started it all. In the city that started it all.

Now his first match was 1996. Survivor Series in Madison Square Gardens. That being said, the next time WWE is in MSG...is Survivor Series 2011.

Could it be that we're starting an angle towards Survivor now, between two teams. A lot of people seem to want it to happen already based off these boards, but could we have a literal "Team Bring it" vs "Team Cenation" at Survivor?

If so, by this time, would it make sense to have one team be COMPLETELY heel? That being said, we could not have it be Team Bring it as they would likely consist of faces and "older stars" from the Attitude era. So could Cena possibly be made to turn heel before this, in a huge "Hogan" style turn? I mean already, looking at it. At MITB, Cena will likely be booed out of the arena. If they pulled a screwjob ending that Cena and McMahon were behind, could we see Cena turn on Punk and Punk turn face immediately?

There are a lot of possibilities and now I understand why they made the match 1 year early. To make everyone speculate on what could happen - but regardless, would a Team Bring it vs a Team Cenation situation be likely to happen and if so, who would be on the respective teams?

i like the thought of a team bring it vs a team cenation idea.... however i dont think that would go through, as i think having rock and cena in the same match as one another may take a little excitement between their main event at wm 28

for survivor series i thought we could include another cm punk vs john cena situation, as a face turn from cm punk is on the brink i believe that would leave john cena as a heel. as i dont think both superstars will leave raw after mitb because of the hype going around this feud at the moment

so for survivor series we could have a team cm punk vs team john cena

cm punk could include in his team the likes of cocbana and luke gallows who he feels have been fired for no particular reason

and the anti punk team, likes of vince mamahon, john cena and possibly a return triple h (who punk refered to as a dufus

I like the idea of Team Bring It vs Cenation, but surely Rock and Cena would ahve to be active participants? It wouldn't make any sense for Cena to be in the match and The Rock watching from the sides as a manager.

That being said, if Rock does participate, then would it take the shine off his 'return to the ring' at Wrestlemania 28? Seems we may have a catch 22 situation here.

The best way, in my opinion is have an injury angle where Cena can't take part so both parties decide to put together 5 man teams.

My suggestions would be:

Team Bring It (Rock as manager)
Mick Foley
Big Show
Kane
Mark Henry
Christian

Cenation (John Cena as manager)
Randy Orton
Rey Mysterio
John Morrison
Alex Riley
Zack Ryder

It would be nice to see Triple H and Undertaker on the 'attitude team', but not sure I see it. Taker is off the roster at the moment and Triple H taking direction from The Rock? Hmmm. Jericho could be considered if he is back. As for Foley, come on, surely he is going to come back!!!

Cenas team is full of faces. Could even have Punk in there if he is still with the company as he has major heat on The Rock! Would be a nice swerve and spice things up.

Anyway, Cenas team would have to go over, major 'passing the torch'.

It could happen. Dwayne did give us his word that he was never going away. Ok, I couldn't even keep a straight face typing that. There is no chance of The Rock competing at anything less than wrestlemania. I suppose he will technically keep his promise. As long as he keeps bringing it via satelite once every six or seven years, then he will have kept his promise. As far as in the ring goes, He will fight Cena on the biggest stage of them all for a big pay day then ride off into the sunset for another few years.

This could work!!! Cena and the rock as managers!! But it would have to involve some kind of altercation between the two to further build their match at WM!!! Cenas faces vs rocks heels!!

I like the idea of Team Bring It vs Cenation, but surely Rock and Cena would ahve to be active participants? It wouldn't make any sense for Cena to be in the match and The Rock watching from the sides as a manager.

That being said, if Rock does participate, then would it take the shine off his 'return to the ring' at Wrestlemania 28? Seems we may have a catch 22 situation here.

The best way, in my opinion is have an injury angle where Cena can't take part so both parties decide to put together 5 man teams.

My suggestions would be:

Team Bring It (Rock as manager)
Mick Foley
Big Show
Kane
Mark Henry
Christian

Cenation (John Cena as manager)
Randy Orton
Rey Mysterio
John Morrison
Alex Riley
Zack Ryder

It would be nice to see Triple H and Undertaker on the 'attitude team', but not sure I see it. Taker is off the roster at the moment and Triple H taking direction from The Rock? Hmmm. Jericho could be considered if he is back. As for Foley, come on, surely he is going to come back!!!

Cenas team is full of faces. Could even have Punk in there if he is still with the company as he has major heat on The Rock! Would be a nice swerve and spice things up.

Anyway, Cenas team would have to go over, major 'passing the torch'.

na srry although i like the names i highly doubt cenas team would win. u cant have a passing of the torch at every new vs old match. remember they want to make cenas win at wrestlemania look like a defiance of the odds. cenas winning at wm no doubt about it. and to create a believable and interesting storyline, what theyre going to do is give rock many victories over cena. beatdowns, promos, matches like the one mentioned above but at the very end when it comes down to rock vs cena. cena pulls off the win. believe me the rocks gonna have the upper hand in most of the match but out of the blue cena supercenas up and pulls off the win.

remember rock vs hogan. nwo beat up the rock on almost every occasion. and hogan had the upper hand in the match. then out of the blue 2 rockbottoms and a peoples elbow.

so in short i believe if a team bring it vs team cenation happens this year. team bring its pulling off the win.

and btw replace rey mysterio and zack ryder with alberto del rio and cody rhodes or someone like that. u cant have an all face team. reys a veteran, older and has been in the game longer than cena. he wouldnt be with the new guys. and ryder. i understand ur a ryder mark but lets keep it real. ur not seeing a ryder push for another few months and definitely not on a survivor series main event like that.

na srry although i like the names i highly doubt cenas team would win. u cant have a passing of the torch at every new vs old match. remember they want to make cenas win at wrestlemania look like a defiance of the odds. cenas winning at wm no doubt about it. and to create a believable and interesting storyline, what theyre going to do is give rock many victories over cena. beatdowns, promos, matches like the one mentioned above but at the very end when it comes down to rock vs cena. cena pulls off the win. believe me the rocks gonna have the upper hand in most of the match but out of the blue cena supercenas up and pulls off the win.

remember rock vs hogan. nwo beat up the rock on almost every occasion. and hogan had the upper hand in the match. then out of the blue 2 rockbottoms and a peoples elbow.

so in short i believe if a team bring it vs team cenation happens this year. team bring its pulling off the win.

and btw replace rey mysterio and zack ryder with alberto del rio and cody rhodes or someone like that. u cant have an all face team. reys a veteran, older and has been in the game longer than cena. he wouldnt be with the new guys. and ryder. i understand ur a ryder mark but lets keep it real. ur not seeing a ryder push for another few months and definitely not on a survivor series main event like that.

I am far from a Ryder mark, but SS is 4 months away and the fact he is friends 'on screen' with Cena just thought it made sense. In 4 months I expect WWE will start to capitalise on his seemingly popular status.

Rey, good point though. I thought I may be pulled on that but he wasn't an attitude guy either. He's a major face and different from the other competitors. Hmmmm, maybe Miz could be on that team if you want a heel.

i think if punk does leave this sunday he will return at SS and i think we will have TEAM PUNK VS TEAM CENA i have a feeling they will keeping the cena rock thing with just smack talk ect. seems rock doesnt have time to show up at raw or ppvs

I can definitely see The Rock making an appearance at Survivor Series. That PPV has not been doing well in the past couple of years and it should be doing better with it being one of the big four. Having The Rock make an appearance there would be good because fans might be more likely to buy it to see him and they could add more build to the Wrestlemania match against Cena. I also think that The Rock will show up at Summerslam. He needs to be making some type pf appearance at all of the bigger shows until Wrestlemania.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back