Road Warrior Animal Spills NXT Season 6 Plan?

Jason Scene

Classically Charismatic
WWE Hall of Famer Road Warrior Animal appeared on MainEventRadio.com yesterday.

His future with WWE:
"While I was there I had quite a few meetings with different guys. I found out that I’m on the next four video games. They must be wanting to do something with me. I’m also going to be hosting house shows in May up in Canada and in South Dakota. I’m hosting one in Winnipeg, in Toronto, and one in Two Falls. The guest hosting will go on all month should it go well. I was supposed to be a part of another show but then it got cancelled so I can’t talk about it. And they want me to be a mentor for one of the new guys. Not your typical manager role. It’s going to be 5 legends or Hall of Famers that are mentoring 5 other guys. I don’t know what it is. They told me that’s the idea that they told me they have. Let me know if it’s going to happen, because you know everything is subject to change (NXT Season 5?). I had a blast down in FCW. I got to teach some of the new guys such as Mason Ryan how to work like a big man. I’m a coach at heart. I always coached football, baseball, and tried to coach hockey with my kids."

Since NXT Season 1 it's been a pretty poor show. The actual winners have done nothing, asides from Barrett, and seemingly the only thing that has came from it is the Nexus, which to some has run its course.

This though, is the one thing I wanted to see. The Hall of Famers or Legends mentoring the "rookies", it could bring back some faces from the past and you'd get to see some of the actual talent down in FCW. In contrast to guys like Conor O'Brian.

What are your thoughts on the possible NXT Season 6 idea?

Are there any legends in-particular you'd like to see on the show?

Do you think it should be the closing season of NXT?

I would like to see it, it could actually make me go on to the website and actually watch NXT for once! I do doubt it would be the closing season, though i am hoping it would be. It went downhill after season 1 and then crashed and burned after season 2. I really want them to cancel NXT and bring back another brand like ECW again. It could give some lower card guys a chance to have torylines that mean something.

It is a huge shame that no obvious managers or valets or whatever have come NXT. This could change it all. I'd love to see what Animal or Dusty or someone could do on the mic for someone talented as a wrestler but not as a promo guy. Imagine Dusty taking a bunch of huge heels like Mason Ryan, Skip Sheffield, Husky Harris and the guy that hangs around Alberto Del Rio looking like a character you made on a playstation game when you are bored together and letting him talk shit while they act dastardly. (I'm surprised Dusty never went full fledged into managing actually, he would have been as good as Heenan in my opinion.)

My picks: Dusty Rhodes, Animal, a Steamboat + Steamboat Jr. combo, Bret, Shawn and Big Daddy Cool.

Well its better than the Father/Son combos as they have more options but I dont know the viability of it. Already they have cut the number of rookies which means less options for matches. Now at least with "pros" they can at least wrestle in tags or against the rookies. Give them old vets who cant even get in the ring really and it dont seem all that well but as another poster said NXT has not brought us much
Wade Barret is the stand out but then who else.
Brodus has a chance as does Bryan but after that is their anyone else you realistically see still in the WWE in even 2-3 years from now without massive retooling...They are rushing greenhorns and it has been abysmal

How about having:

Seth Rollins - HBK
Similar type builds, Rollins has bags of potential and HBK can help him and mould him to be a future star.

Titus O'Neill - Road Warrior Animal
Both big heavyweight superstars. Titus is nost likely to win this seasons NXT (yes I still watch NXT...) and Road Warrior Animal said in that interview he helped Ryan and it would be perfect pro for Titus.

Richie Steamboat - Ricky Steamboat
Father son pairing. Perfect combo.

Brett Dibiase - Ted Dibiase
Again father son pairing. Perfect Combo.

Bo Rotundo - The IRS Man
Father son again...

Jackson Andrews - Kevin Nash
Both giants and have similar attributes. Would have perfect chemistry.

Peter Orlov - Sgt Slaughter
One american, one russian. They don't get along, it would be hilarious for the fans.

Jon Moxely - Bret Hart
Jon has been working on the indy scene and is a great in ring competitor and he can be paired with the best in ring competitor of all time.

That would be an amazing NXT season!

I feel as though HBK, Dusty Rhodes, Roddy Piper, Ricky Steamboat, etc. have a lot to give back to the sport they bled for. There is a vast knowledge of the sport being ignored and having guys like the Miz as a mentor is a joke. Give the rookies a mentor who has been in the business for years. Why do you think Tough Enough gets more credibility? They use experts who have proven themselves in the sport they love.

There are a few issues with those matchups though. If Titus wins this season, why would he come back for next season? I mean, three seasons of NXT is a bit much, two is too much as it is. I'd put someone like Bobby Dutch in the spot with Animal most likely. Also, Jackson Andrews is still under contract? I haven't seen him in FCW in a while, plus he sucked anyway. I'd probably put Calvin Raines in that spot with Nash, he's a bigger guy that shows a slight bit more potential.

I would imagine they wouldn't throw Moxely out there just yet, has he even debuted in FCW yet? I'm sure someone like Xavier Woods (Consequences Creed in TNA), Donny Marlow (Haku's son), or Leakee (part of the huge An'oai family) would get thrown in the mix first.

The obvious thing to do with Animal is make an entire season of NXT with only tag teams. The division is pathetic. He can help the tag division. Throw in some legends from great tag teams. I'd love to see that.

lol good job spilling the beans Animal.

The obvious thing to do with Animal is make an entire season of NXT with only tag teams. The division is pathetic. He can help the tag division. Throw in some legends from great tag teams. I'd love to see that.

I like this idea. Having a tag team NXT show would be a good change of pace. However, we know the winners will get a push for a bit, than end up in a comedy routine with Santino and lose all credibility.

Until the tag team division sees a real improvement and push of existing teams like the Usos, and the rest of the mid carders thrown together to make a tag team, the winning NXT team would be wasted.

I think the only thing you can be sure of now is that RR Animal WON'T be on the next season of NXT. Soz, but you can imagine how a fuck up like this went down in Stamford.

As for next season, I do think there will be a veterans' element and given the top prospects in FCW, Father/son combo's will likely be the order of the day. Although with so many of the vets' incapable of ring work, the pool should go up to 8 rookies.

My picks would be:

Roman Leakee - Most available Ano'ai family member (take your pick): hot property
Richie Steamboat - Ricky 'Dragon' Steamboat: WWE needs reliable highflyers
Bret DiBiase - Million Dollar Man; Lets hope this was the DiBiase to inherit the talent
Donny Marlow - Haku; Formidable tag team prospect with either Leakee or Brodus.
Byron Saxton - Ron Simmons; Saxton wins NXT5, WWE needs a top black guy like Ron.
Tyler Black - Edge; The ideal replacement for Edge is trained by the Rated-R superstar.
Alex Koslov - Dusty Rhodes; Technical genius but zero mic skills, dusty will coach him up.
Calvin Raines - Kevin Nash; Seems to be highly regarded and its something for Nash to do to earn that Vets' pay stub.

I'm sure you could make a case for Tito Colon, Bo Rotundo or Wes Brisco under the father/son gimmick. And let's be honest it might be best for guys like Black/Koslov/Leakee to avoid NXT and go straight to main roster. Sandow, Washington and Creed will be pressing for enclusion and might make better choices as the policy has so far been to put 2-3 credible prospects in with 3-5 obvious no hopers.

well to first answer op, well yea since s1 its been going downhill...s1 garnered most interest bc it was new....then they did the whole nexus angle from the cast...u really cant beat that... s2 had riley, kaval, joe henning(refuse to call him by that dumb name) and harris.... riley obviously benefited the most.... i never saw kaval fitting into the wwe role, obviously nither did he since he quit... henning and harris just havnt seem to break out..... after that theres only watson who some have said should reunite with darren young and be called up....if not, and there cut... i could see them tna bound to be a team..... s3, well it just didnt garner any interest...womens wrestling doesnt draw , imho this was a big big mistake and it showed bc s4 wasnt even on tv......s4 well..have anyone of them even made tv yet? and s5 was just a "filler" to give guys for s6 more time to get seasoned(hell, it was even made known to the public guys like tylor black, steamboat jr ect were being saved for another season that could be back on tv)...... .. the concept of legends and upstarts makes PERFECT sense as who would be better coachs, something they maybe should of done in s1.... as to will this be the final season....imho it depends on whos casted in this season....obviously if they pick the rumored names...this might be the season they take a longggg pause after, especially after what hhh wants to do which is redo the farm system of wwe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back