NXT Season 5 - Unlike any other

Trill Co$by

Believes in The Shield!
So for the seven to eight of us who still watch it, on the Season 4 Finale of NXT, the commentators stated that Season 5 would be unlike any other NXT season. So I have to ask, what could that mean? Could this be the "Final chance" season of NXT where the Season 2, 3, and 4 rookies who didn't win get a second and final chance? Could NXT become its own brand? Could it become the new Velocity/Heat? What do you people think it could be?

Personally, I'm hoping that it's a final chance season. Simply because, they're running out of people to be in season 5 and putting someone like Alex Kozlov or Tyler Black with a lame duck rookie would be a joke. Plus, I miss watching Percy Watson.. the dude kinda grew on me towards the end lol.

The way NXT has been lately, I think the only thing that would get me watching again is if they did it "The Long Mile" style. (If you caught the reference, good for you!)

The thing that surprises me most about NXT is that there's going to be a season five. Didn't the NXT concept start just last year? How is it that we're almost to the 5th season? That's quite a lot of green talent to run through in a year's time.

Since the roster has already been revealed, it's unlike any other, because it's going to be father training son.

We're on the fifth season because of WWE's obligation to fulfill their contract with SyFy. They did abruptly stop ECW, even though they still had time on their contract. Anyway, I am interested in how this will go. Fathers training their sons. I'll be watching.

EDIT: I just realized something while talking to my friend. If NXT is on the internet, then it's not on SyFy, so therefor, WWE doesn't have oblige SyFy. WWE can stop NXT whenever they want. I think they will before Tough Enough starts.

I haven't missed an episode of NXT yet :)

Never even crossed my mind to do a "last chance" type of season. Then I would have to think though...there really aren't many talents that came from 1-4 that didn't eventually find their way to the roster that deserve a second chance. All of season 1 made it on air, you can't have the girls compete against guys, so that removes season 3, so the only people left would be the duds from season 2 (Lucky Cannon, Eli Cottonwood, etc) or the duds from season 4 (Jacob Novak, Conor O'Brien) it would also be kind of weird for the guys that just finished season 4 last week to show up on season 5.

If they were going with that concept though, the only people that deserve another chance in my opinion are:

Percy Watson
Byron Saxton
Derrick Bateman
Brodus Clay

Maybe they could throw in a few new rookies to compete against them?

If they do the father/son gimmick, they really need to get it back on TV because that's way too cool of a concept to waste on an internet show with such low viewership. It's pretty weird we're only 4 days away from it's debut and we don't even know for sure who the contestants are!

Since the roster has already been revealed, it's unlike any other, because it's going to be father training son.

Where did you hear this? I can't find the roster anywhere. That being said, I'm not excited for NXT5, as I haven't been excited for any NXT since NXT1. Way too many problems. Obstacle courses, among other pointless competitions, just making things look silly.

I don't think the roster has been officially revealed, but there was strong support within WWE to do a father/son version of the show. Ted DiBiase/Brett DiBiase, Ricky Steamboat/Richie Steamboat... I'm not sure who else they have in developmental that is a 2nd or 3rd-generation superstar, but I would count on a father/son edition of NXT for season 5.

They'd need to do something extreme to get people's attention. I honestly didn't know what season it was up to and I'm a constant Raw/SD viewer.

If they spaced out the seasons instead of having a season end and the next one followed straight after, then people might start giving a crap about it.

I hope it's a father/son edition and not some ******ed "second chance" BS show. I'd rather see FCW's second generation wrestlers, Richie Steamboat winning of course, on NXT5.

Here's what my ideal roster would be:

Bo Rotundo - Mike Rotunda
Brett DiBiase - Ted DiBiase
Richie Steamboat - Ricky Steamboat
Roman Leakee - Sika Anoa'i
Wes Brisco - Jerry Brisco
Donny Marlow - Haku

Now THAT is a loaded roster, right there. Plus the Pros/Fathers are awesome, too. I mean, Million Dollar Man and IRS Man together again? Yes. Ricky Steamboat? YES! One of the Wild Samoans AND Haku? Boss. JERRY BRISCO? I loved him and Pat Patterson back when they were Vince's lackies. This season had better be great.

I would love to see the father/son angle. IMO it would be the only interesting thing to happen on NXT. The whole NXT show seemed rushed. SyFy wanted something specific and it turned out to be crap, so unless this next season is really good, I can't see WWE wasting more time and money on it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back