Rey Mysterio Was Robbed!

god-soldier

Pre-Show Stalwart
After awaiting 16 yrs to see the unbelievable Rey Mysterio as WWE champion;just like that he would be robbed of his chance to carry the company!!! Rey has busted his ass for a long time in this business to recognized as the best wrestler in the world!!!! He may be only 5'7 175 pounds but he is the most amazing athlete in the entire WWE. Rey Mysterio is the reason why so many kids watch WWE he is the reason why Cena even has fans because I am 100 percent sure all his fans were Mysterio fans first. I thought HHH was suppose to bring the WWE to new heights but instead He is just like Vince feeding us crap and keeping us from the obvious. You lousy humanoids can bad mouth Rey all you want but he is the best wrestler in the WWE and has been that since his arrival in 2003. You lousy humanoids call him the worse world champion ever but he is not, because the man that holds the WWE title is and that's Cena. I have heard you guys complain Rey is too small and HBK wasn't or Chris Beniot wasn't!!!! I am so sick of seeing Rey get used over and over again and never given a chance to be the star he is and carry the company.

He has the same amount plus more fans then Cena he puts on the best matches in the ring and is the best story teller in that ring then anyone else in the WWE. Rey is so underrated and tonight its proven once again when he only held the WWE championship for maybe 45 mins. This is a true travesty and the WWE needs to reconsider sure were back to this great storyline for CM PUNK and it will be only so long before Cena is named the undisputed WWE champion so what was the point for letting Rey last as WWE champion for 45 mins just to say oh he is a former WWE champion when he comes out when his reign wasn't even longer than 45 mins!!!!

We sat through such Bull shit champions like Cena, Orton, JBL, HBK, The Miz, Edge, their hasn't been a notable WWE champion since Eddie Guerrero!!!! Rey Mysterio deserves the championship why because he is the best wrestler in the world, the people are behind, he sells tickets, merchandise, and PPVs. He has the entire package just because he is not tall and not all sterioded out he doesn't get a chance. Rey in my eyes you are still WWE champion it took 2 men to take the title away from you!!!!

Congrats to Rey Mysterio for taking one more step to beyond greatness and to a great legacy for all wrestlers not just luchadors while the WWE's paper champion still tries to figure out what greatness and legacy are!!!!!

ZOMG!!!!!!!!! WALL OF TEXT DESTROYS EYEBALLS! You must be the world's biggest Rey fan, sorry to break it to you, but tiny little men will not be WWE champion for any length of time while Vince McMahon runs the company, this is a fact and if you didn't realize that already then you are watching the wrong show.

First off I am not the biggest Rey fan its just Real recognize Real I tell it how it is. I know its a fact but too see him have the honor and have it taken away in a blink of an eye its bullshit. Frankly Vince McMahon can give himself the title and lousy realty tv stars a title so its no excuse. You don't understand because you don't know wrestling Eddie Guerrero was not that much bigger than Rey Mysterio neither was HBK or Chris Beniot

It was a storyline. To further build Cena and Punk. Rey has a job to do, and thats entertain and follow the storyline. And he done a good job. It's not like creative thought " lets give rey the belt" then changed their minds once he won it.

This has been planned out a long time in advance. Rey and Cena put on a very good match tonight. If Miz would of beaten Rey, and we'd seen Miz vs Cena. The crowd wouldnt of ate that up half as much as the Rey - Cena match.

If Rey won and then a week later, creative lost confidence in him, your argument would of made sense. But this is obviously part of the storyline, and one which may bring Rey into it. Be thankful they had Rey play a major role instead of losing to Del Rio or something else irrelivent.

Perhaps he'll go down the same path as Christian. It's the same scenario. Christian and Rey are long time veterans who won the title of their respective show only to lose it moments later to an over protected WWE darling. Just replace Orton with Cena and the situations are practically identical.

Of course, this would require Rey to show some actual character development. And we know thats not ever gonna happen.

It should though. I'd love to see Rey show some fire. Some passion. Show that he cares. Get a little angry. Frustration is a normal human emotion. One of the problems with todays roster is that too many of the characters rarely show any real human emotion. They're not portrayed as human, but rather super human. Two dimensional good guys and bad guys. Rey's worked hard to get to that point and within seconds its taken away from him. If that happened to someone in real life, it would be devastating. Show a little human emotion. Look how well it worked with the Punk and Christian storylines. I'm not asking for Rey to turn heel, that would be silly at this stage of his career, but at least have him show that he's bothered by it. If he just shakes Cena's hand and smiles then he looks like a total wimp. Let him stand up for himself and make his case. Let him show a little self-respect.

After awaiting 16 yrs to see the unbelievable Rey Mysterio as WWE champion;just like that he would be robbed of his chance to carry the company!!! Rey has busted his ass for a long time in this business to recognized as the best wrestler in the world!!!! He may be only 5'7 175 pounds but he is the most amazing athlete in the entire WWE. Rey Mysterio is the reason why so many kids watch WWE he is the reason why Cena even has fans because I am 100 percent sure all his fans were Mysterio fans first. I thought HHH was suppose to bring the WWE to new heights but instead He is just like Vince feeding us crap and keeping us from the obvious. You lousy humanoids can bad mouth Rey all you want but he is the best wrestler in the WWE and has been that since his arrival in 2003. You lousy humanoids call him the worse world champion ever but he is not, because the man that holds the WWE title is and that's Cena. I have heard you guys complain Rey is too small and HBK wasn't or Chris Beniot wasn't!!!! I am so sick of seeing Rey get used over and over again and never given a chance to be the star he is and carry the company. He has the same amount plus more fans then Cena he puts on the best matches in the ring and is the best story teller in that ring then anyone else in the WWE. Rey is so underrated and tonight its proven once again when he only held the WWE championship for maybe 45 mins. This is a true travesty and the WWE needs to reconsider sure were back to this great storyline for CM PUNK and it will be only so long before Cena is named the undisputed WWE champion so what was the point for letting Rey last as WWE champion for 45 mins just to say oh he is a former WWE champion when he comes out when his reign wasn't even longer than 45 mins!!!! We sat through such Bull shit champions like Cena, Orton, JBL, HBK, The Miz, Edge, their hasn't been a notable WWE champion since Eddie Guerrero!!!! Rey Mysterio deserves the championship why because he is the best wrestler in the world, the people are behind, he sells tickets, merchandise, and PPVs. He has the entire package just because he is not tall and not all sterioded out he doesn't get a chance. Rey in my eyes you are still WWE champion it took 2 men to take the title away from you!!!! Congrats to Rey Mysterio for taking one more step to beyond greatness and to a great legacy for all wrestlers not just luchadors while the WWE's paper champion still tries to figure out what greatness and legacy are!!!!!

Haha I read about a third of this before I realized that it was a total waste of time. Shoulda known that when you called Rey the best wrestler in the world. HAHAHAHAHA Rey is a good lucha wrestler but he's not the best. Him wearing the WWE title makes no sense. He's the size of a diva for Christ's sake. This whooooole thing was solely to set up CM PUNK (The best wrestler/entertainer going today) and JOHN CENA (the biggest draw in the world right now) for a rematch at Summerslam. It will be HUGE. Rey will have a nice match with RTruth and you can go ahead and STFU.

Rey is at a point in his career where if he gets a title great and if he doesn't well that's great too. Why? Because he is in the WWE for the royalties and paycheck. Rey has wrestled for a Looooooooong @ss time and the miles are catching up to him. Carrying the WWE is no longer an option for him.

While Cena was raising the belt right after the match I was kinda agreeing with the poster here. Rey Mysterio is the most over true face in the WWE and with the current landscape he was a great candidate to hold the title and feud with Del Rio and Miz and some of the other heels that would create feuds we haven't seen much of.

Then Punk came out. Mysterio automatically became the second most over person in the company and a Mysterio-Punk feud doesn't really have the same appeal that one more match with Cena could have.

No dude. Just no. Rey did his job and his job was to get the strap back on Cena to set up Punk Cena for a Ramon HBK type feud for the "True Championship"

Yeah i gotta completely disagree with the OP and let him know that i am not a "humanoid" whatever the hell that is! Are you telling us your not human? But back to the topic......

Rey is a great wrestler but nowhere near the best! He has nowhere near the fans that Cena has and to say that "100% of his fans we're Rey's fans first" is just completely insane and untrue! Sorry but you are wrong in every point you tried to make sir!

Im sure rey will get another reign before he retires. As far as holding the wwe title goes.....no chance. I find it very ironic that masked men are given short wwe championship reigns. Masked Kane and Mankind both had short championship reigns. As the Miz and Cole stated on Raw, masked men can not carry the e with a mask.

That was the biggest waste of time. There are good surprises and bad ones. These last two weeks have been bad ones. Once again John Cena is a champion. What is the purpose? Why didn't Del Rio cash it in? Now at SS we're gonna have a "unification" match. Both Punk and Cena were part of a story line that involved both being off television for a bit one gets fired one quits. In stead one never leaves and the other comes back in a week. This has been a waste of television. People are saying the WWE is trying to be unpredictable and try new things but the out come is the same. The same bland boring ass champ who gets boo'ed more than the heel he's up against. It's more like they're just trying new things to get Cena another title count. The past two weeks have been pointless as we're now back to square one except the twist is now they're two titles. :banghead: Was mysterio robbed? Yes, because now it makes him look like a joke. He goes through three matches to win a belt forced to defend it two hours after he wins and goes back to mid carding against most likely the Miz. So we're expected to believe Mysterio's character is OK with this? I'm sorry wouldn't this turn anyone heel? Hatred against the new regime? I mean that would be the most logical step. What was the point of the tournament then? Why build this up only to completely erase the outcome within an hour? If you wanted Cena as Champ fine but you should have done it last week in a four way match or gauntlet match or ********ing match, whatever. But now you just built Mysterio up so Cena could bury him in one night. Just bad televsion writing.

Rey's a fantastic wrestler and all, but he doesn't deserve to be WWE Champion. He's had two World Heavyweight reigns (and frankly, I think THAT was more than enough) and even won the Royal Rumble despite the fact he is only a cruiserweight. That alone is a great accomplishment, but one of them was only given to him due to the death of Eddie Guerrero. He also gets injured fairly often these days with that knee of his playing up, and he's probably only got a few years left. I admit, I'm not a Rey fan, but I was years ago, and I can see why other people think he deserves to be champ, but there are other superstars that need that position more than he does.

He was not robbed. I was just a pissed a you were at the thought of Cena taking the WWE Championship from the much deserving Rey Mysterio but Punk came out, and I said fuck Mysterio. As much as I was dying for a John Cena/Rey Mysterio rivalry, Punk and Cena's time is right now and their feud has been top notch. Not only has this feud got me excited for RAW every week but also has everyone buzzing and guessing what exactly will happen next. Don't be pissed because the Punk/Cena feud is way too important to cut short for some type of short Rey Mysterio run with the WWE Championship. As much as I would love a championship reign with Rey Mysterio, he's better at putting over midcarders and that's something he couldn't do with the WWE Championship.

Its not about Rey Mysterio, Its about CM Punk.

Exactly..

A feud between Rey and Punk just wouldn't be as entertaining as Punks feud with Cena. The WWE already went PC and gave Mysterio a run with the SD belt, and it just was hard to buy into because he was going up against men twice his size.

Mysterio is a hard worker but he's a solid mid carder, he's best left to matches with Cody, Morrison, Ziggler, and the like.

I haven't seen the show yet as I live in Australia, but why did Rey have to put the title on the line on the same show?

Having to defend the belt immediately after winning it is not the norm... I know its for a storyline but man this feels like Russorific lightning booking trying to gete everything done in as quick as time as possible. Summerslam is approaching but there is just too much going on it seems.

And kayfabe .. Rey had to face a fresh Cena, just seems a bit unfair for the little fella!!

That was the biggest waste of time. There are good surprises and bad ones. These last two weeks have been bad ones. Once again John Cena is a champion. What is the purpose? Why didn't Del Rio cash it in? Now at SS we're gonna have a "unification" match. Both Punk and Cena were part of a story line that involved both being off television for a bit one gets fired one quits. In stead one never leaves and the other comes back in a week. This has been a waste of television. People are saying the WWE is trying to be unpredictable and try new things but the out come is the same. The same bland boring ass champ who gets boo'ed more than the heel he's up against. It's more like they're just trying new things to get Cena another title count. The past two weeks have been pointless as we're now back to square one except the twist is now they're two titles. :banghead: Was mysterio robbed? Yes, because now it makes him look like a joke. He goes through three matches to win a belt forced to defend it two hours after he wins and goes back to mid carding against most likely the Miz. So we're expected to believe Mysterio's character is OK with this? I'm sorry wouldn't this turn anyone heel? Hatred against the new regime? I mean that would be the most logical step. What was the point of the tournament then? Why build this up only to completely erase the outcome within an hour? If you wanted Cena as Champ fine but you should have done it last week in a four way match or gauntlet match or ********ing match, whatever. But now you just built Mysterio up so Cena could bury him in one night. Just bad televsion writing.

Wow. You guys really over react. I see why we "internet fans" get such a bad rap. Rey did not get robbed. First let's realize that all of this is written and not real so please calm down. Also I'm sure Rey agreed to this happening and if he didn't agree it just would have been the Miz. Now let's go back to kayfabe and suspension of disbelief. Rey had already competed in a back and forth match earlier that night. And was slightly involved with a physical altercation with Del Rio. So not only was Cena fresh, but he also just so happens to be 2.5X the size and maybe 3-4X the strength of Rey. The odds were stacked and it didn't make sense for Rey to retain.

LOL.. the OP must be a mexican, first he says Rey is the best in the world, blah, blah, blah.. then he says, "there hasn't been a notable WWE champion since Eddie Guerrero." Eddie was a great champ, but I liked Edge alot more :)

and you're delusional if you think Rey is the best in the world.. he's boring as hell in the WWE.. the only time i ever cared for his in ring work, was during his time in WCW.. they put on damn good cruiserweight matches back then and also, CM Punk is the best in the world today

They could have easily have done the same to Miz tonight, have him beat Rey for it, then lose to Cena and then it'd be someone else complaining

The storyline between cena and punk will conclude at hell in a cell in september....MARK MY WORDS. Cena will take his 2-3 month break which is long overdue. This will bring rey back into the title picture if del rio doesn't cashes in on punk at hiac ppv. Rey will be the face of the company and would chase for the title until cena returns.

For the guy that said this was a waste of time, one thing you have to realize here is I don't think anyone expected CM Punk to blow up the way he did. You have this situation that he created and you try to capitalize on it. The problem is just like last week you can't capitalize on CM Punk without CM Punk actually being there. I know its off-topic but if you are going to make a comment like that it at least has to make some business sense. Don't get caught up in logic, its pro wrestling.

Originally posted by JaDoEO5:
"Wow. You guys really over react. I see why we "internet fans" get such a bad rap. Rey did not get robbed. First let's realize that all of this is written and not real so please calm down. Also I'm sure Rey agreed to this happening and if he didn't agree it just would have been the Miz. Now let's go back to kayfabe and suspension of disbelief. Rey had already competed in a back and forth match earlier that night. And was slightly involved with a physical altercation with Del Rio. So not only was Cena fresh, but he also just so happens to be 2.5X the size and maybe 3-4X the strength of Rey. The odds were stacked and it didn't make sense for Rey to retain."

Look at it like this. Rey Mysterio is a face, who finally wins a big title and is then scehdule dto defend it that same night to a guy who hasn't wrestled in two weeks. Not only did they make Mysterio the under dog they made him the under dog who got his ass whupped by the top FACE. How does this make anyone of these two look good. It makes Cena look like a bitch for acceping a match against his friend the night he won a title. It makes Mysterio look weak because now he'll dissapear. The best way for this to happen was against Del Rio. Just think Del rio comes out cashes in the MIB takes the title from Mysterio right after a Miz beat down. The crowd hates it because this guy just stole the belt from their hero. Here comes Cena to save the day. No one looks weak. In stead you have a face rob a face. That makes no sense what so ever. Unless this is leading to a Cena heel turn, which I doubt, then what is the point of taking it from Mysterio. While I am angry he's the champ AGAIN, I'm more angry at the horrible story line here.

That was the biggest waste of time.
Nope.
There are good surprises
Like Rey Mysterio winning the WWE Championship then losing to Cena only to continue his feud with CM Punk?
and bad ones. These last two weeks have been bad ones. Once again John Cena is a champion. What is the purpose?
CM Punk mean anything to you?
Why didn't Del Rio cash it in?
Because he isn't ready and it would probably butt fuck the CM Punk/John Cena storyline.
Now at SS we're gonna have a "unification" match. Both Punk and Cena were part of a story line that involved both being off television for a bit one gets fired one quits. In stead one never leaves and the other comes back in a week. This has been a waste of television.
You mean the storyline that has the IWC simultaneously cumming all at once?
What people?
are saying the WWE is trying to be unpredictable and try new things but the out come is the same. The same bland boring ass champ who gets boo'ed more than the heel he's up against.
The outcome hasn't even happened yet. Did you watch RAW? Hear those pops for Cena?
It's more like they're just trying new things to get Cena another title count. The past two weeks have been pointless as we're now back to square one except the twist is now they're two titles.
Why is that bad? You seem to be one of the few not interested in this feud.
Stop that.
Was mysterio robbed? Yes,
No.
because now it makes him look like a joke. He goes through three matches to win a belt forced to defend it two hours after he wins and goes back to mid carding against most likely the Miz.
The Miz isn't a midcarder. I said in my pervious post, no one puts over midcarders like Rey Mysterio. Mysterio couldn't do the same wearing the WWE Championship.
So we're expected to believe Mysterio's character is OK with this?
I think he's humble enough to be ok with it. Rey's character is about entertaining the fans not winning World titles.
I'm sorry wouldn't this turn anyone heel? Hatred against the new regime? I mean that would be the most logical step. What was the point of the tournament then? Why build this up only to completely erase the outcome within an hour?
Shake things up? Ask Triple H. RAW entertained me last week and even more this week.
If you wanted Cena as Champ fine but you should have done it last week in a four way match or gauntlet match or ********ing match, whatever. But now you just built Mysterio up so Cena could bury him in one night.
Cena shook his hand and kissed his ass after the match. While it may seem Cena burried Mysterio, he put him over.
Just bad televsion writing.
Great writing as of late. You one of the select few who hates this.

No, Mysterio isn't strong enough to carry the WWE on his back. But don't worry, all the marks on here having triple orgasms about Punk, will be the same ones in a few months talking about how he is boring and has too much exposure.

I just saw it as unnecessary. Why not HHH come out and say that since Cena technically has a rematch clause, he is added to the title match and win it then. I would have been much pleased with that. I'm a Cena guy but tonight just left a bad taste in my mouth.

i believe mysterio should have kept the belt and successfully defended the title at summerslam. i dont what i would do after that. i feel like the wwe should keep cena out of the title picture until after his match with the rock has happened.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back