The Who's Better Poll #1

Who Is Better

• Rey Mysterio

• John Cena

Results are only viewable after voting.

Dr. Stinger A. Zoidberg

Stay in school and don't litter.
If this works out, I will continue a series of "Who's Better Polls"

The first one is between Rey Mysterio and John Cena...Here are some of their stats:

Rey Mysterio:
3X WWE Cruiserweight Champion
1X WCW Cruiserweight Champion
1X World Heavyweight Champion
1X WCW Cruiserweight Tag Team Champion
2X Intercontinental Champion
3X WWE Tag Team Champion
Won 2006 Royal Rumble, Entering At #2

John Cena:
3X WWE Champion
2X World Heavyweight Champion
2X World Tag Team Champion
3X United States Champion
Won 2008 Royal Rumble, entering at #30

I'm going to go with John Cena here, Even thought Rey has more titles accumulated through his career, Cena is a 5X world champion, He is far more over than Rey Mysterio and, He has been in many more brutal matches than Rey and has walked out the winner. Also, Lets not forget, He has retained and won world titles at Wrestlemania more times than Rey.

I'll say John Cena, because Rey should of/needs to retire, hes one of the most boring and least entertaining wrestlers the WWE has to offer. He's terrible on the mic. He he should of never won the Rumble, and should of never held the Main Event title. His finisher isnt realistic, his move set is dated, and their are younger, better stars who can wrestle and out pace him 100 to 1.

Cena's entertaining, he puts on good matches, cuts good promos, and hes not a midget.

The numer of titles a wrestler has one isn't automatically a symbol of greatness or of who is better. It can be a factor to some degree, but some of the best in the history of the business can't boast a truck load of presigious or well known titles.

Overall, I have to pick John Cena. Cena is a big draw in the WWE, bigger than Rey. Rey, to me, is much more exciting to watch but Cena is someone that's proven he can handle opponents of just about any size. Rey's achilles heel is always going to be his size, it's just how it is. Even though they're not exactly great, guys like the Big Show and the Great Khali pretty much wipe the floor with Mysterio everytime they get in the ring with him. Cena, like him or not and I'm not that fond of him, is someone that's beaten high flyers, powerhouses, brawlers, ground based technicians, cruiserweights and superheavyweights in everything from traditional matches to steel cages to last man standing matches.

I think Rey Mysterio is the better wrestler of the two but Cena is the all round package...his in ring talents are reasonable (and he is capable of looking really good when in the ring with a superior worker) and he is arguably the most charismatic star the WWE has (certainly far more so than Rey) , not to mention the most over guy on the roster...hence why he is the face of WWE and one of their most valued talents.

Pro wrestling is all about getting your audience to care and there is arguably no one better at doing that than Cena (whether he provokes a positive or negative reaction). That's not to say Mysterio doesn't do this either because he also does it very well and he is also an asset to the company but when it comes down to it, Cena is hot property and while that doesn't necessarily make him 'better' it certainly makes him a more valuable commodity.

I agree with everyone on here when I say Rey is definitely the more experienced wrestler, however Cena is the complete package. He is tailor-made to be a WWE Champion, whereas Rey is an excellent upper-midcarder for life. So although I love me some booyaka booyaka 619, I have to go with Cena.

The number of titles held by a wrestler does not equate greatness. I mean, I love Raven, but when you look at his record of 27 championships in the WWE, it doesn't mean much as all of those were Hardcore title reigns during the 24/7 era of the Hardcore Championship.

John is more over, has held more World Titles and is by far the more valuable asset to the WWE. Rey is winding down a fabulous career that I am sure will see him gain entrance into the WWE Hall of Fame at one point, but the nod goes to John on this one.

John Cena is by far the better man. Cena gets insane reactions everytime he makes his entrance (whether they be negative or positive), and let's face it, he's going to be the future of the WWE. Cena has also had many more memorable moments than Rey such as him walking to the ring at One Night Stand 2006 with the extremly hostile crowd at the Hammerstein Ballroom. Let's also not forget him using the attitude ajustment to send Edge through two tables at Unforgiven 2006 while on the ladder! Rey Mysterio's WHC reign never felt like it would be memorable. When he lost the title to Booker at The Great American Bash, after Chavo whacked him with chair, I knew he go into a long program with Chavo. Rey is proably never going to be a world champion again, while Cena will have many more title reigns in the future.

Rey Mysterio for me. Also, I thought opinion polls denoted you tell people who you enjoy to watch more, rather than acting like an industry expert and saying "Oooh, he gets a reaction, therefore is better".

I used to like Mysterio out of his affiliation towards Eddie Guerrero, not really much else, he was pretty fun to watch, I went off of him a little bit, but he has slowly made me see how incredibly talented he is. I thought he was on his final curtain call as of late with this whole mask removal business, ultimately I thought it was the send off that he was probably going towards as he seemed to have packed on the pounds.

Cena - Eh, I can't get into him, and I'm not one of these people who'll cheer the bad guy and boo the good guy, I just dislike Cena. He's quite contagious, and I think he has pretty cool catchphrases and mannerisms, but it's only the little things I like about him, the entire picture doesn't do a great deal for me. I can tolerate him, I don't want to grate my skin off or anything like that, but even one of my sisters of 14 (axiomatically Cena fans usually) says that she is learning to grow a little tired of him, and that's not me being an influence, she has generally got a little bit "Bit boring" about him. This crowd shit-crazy stuff probably comes from peer pressure and group mentality as opposed to actually thinking he is sliced bread amazing. Sure, as I said, very contagious, but I don't think I've ever been edge of my seat "What's next" with Cena, something that Mysterio can do time and again.

If you want to read into the numbers, I'd probably say that Mysterio has had a lot more to contend with and has broken glass ceilings in WWE that Cena hasn't, and 1 World Title for him is perhaps a greater shock than a 6ft+, 250lb guy winning 5 - Theres a decent list of them, but I don't think any highflying 150lb guys that get outheighted by most referees. Rey's Royal Rumble win is also in a similar vein. So yeah, you can go on about the Cena outranking him in all sorts, but as for who would leave the greatest legacy should they both leave today (or I might even argue at the end of their careers) I'm gonna go with Rey Mysterio, as I feel he has broken boundaries, and while that might sound a little too much like a Michael cole commentary line, I do think it rings true.

Although Cena is the complete package, Im going with Mysterio on this one. This is mainly a personal choice as I have always enjoyed Rey Rey's matches & his moveset. A great cruiserweight Lucha-Libre wrestler that has kept me on the edge of my seat.

Really, Mysterio... how in the hell does he have a World HEAVYWEIGHT Title reign & a ROYAL RUMBLE win from position #2??? That is two accomplishments in its own right. Like one of these WZ forum rules says, One or two great things is a heck of a lot better than 5 or 6 average things. So, with this logic, 1xWHC > 5xWHC.

i would have to go with cena. Who is more popular in the wwe, who sells the most merchendice. Cena,on his first run as wwe champ, almost went a year with the belt and rey, held it for like 3.so cena is better :lmao:

This is a tough one, because both are highly popular. If you look at just merchandise it's toss up between the two. People love rey's mask.

Now when it gets down to championships. They both have had good runs as champions. Rey has been going at for over 15 years, and He has the titles to prove it. He was a great cruiserweight look at all the title that he racked up. He also show that he can hang with the bigger guys. As he was a world champion, as well as the current IC champion.

While Cena hasn't been around as long he still has had some great runs. I loved his runs as US champ. He did have that have a year long reign as champion. Which hasn't been done in a while, nor will I think be done in the near future.

I do enjoying watching Rey's matches, but I think that he's not allowed to do a lot of what I think made him in wcw. While Rey's match are entertaining, his older matches are more so. Though his matches with Jericho of late have been insanely good. Overall I enjoy watching Cena's matches more so. While Rey maybe a great wrestler Cena is the total package, which makes me have to go with him in this one.

Rey isn't as good as he used to be. When he was at his best, booked properly in matches that made sense, and allowed to go in there and put on a good show without limiting himself as much as he has been as of late...back then he was one of the best cruiserweights.

Rey doesn't win this vote from me because I actually like him. I don't care for Rey nor am I really all that into lucha libre. I respect it, but it's not what I look forward to seeing on tv. Rey also doesn't win this by default as a means of being biased against Cena. I really am trying to keep this as a who's the better wrestler to me. Its an opinion poll and it didn't say by what means I'm supposed to base the opinion on, so I'll go ahead and take the easy/obvious guess that it's about these people as wrestlers.

Cena wouldn't lose to everybody I may hate the guy but I'm not blinded by it clearly he knows what he's doing in there better than the Miz. I won't go so far out of my way to insult him for the sake of insulting him as to say otherwise. Some of my favorite wrestlers I can admit weren't that good (i.e. X-pac, Foley etc) and there are some guys I hated but I will readily admit are/were great wrestlers (i.e. Flair, Savage etc) I wish I could put Cena in the later but unfortunately the way I see it he goes in the hate them and their bad, wrestler category (Warrior, Cena, Batista etc) Not because it flows with the rest of this post or even this thread but since I'm rambling this direction anyway my, like them and their good, wrestler category (Bret and Owen Hart, HBK, Steamboat etc)

Mysterio is a good wrestler and I'm otherwise mostly indifferent to. He wins my vote over Cena, a guy I hate and anytime he shows up on the t.v. I immediately hunt down youtube to relive a time when the WWE/F had a product worth watching from top guys to tag teams. A time when the IC consistently mattered and sometimes even the Euro belt was almost believably worth something.

Well I don't really like either of these guys to be honest. As far as in ring action goes, I think Mysterio is the better wrestler by far, his matches are just alot more entertaining to me, he has some pretty good moves and just generally alot more versitile. To really get down to the point though I think both these guys do their job very well and basically their job is to entertain kids, which is the target audience now for the WWE. As much as I hate Cena, the character that is, I have to admit he is very good at what his meant to be doing. He sells alot of tickets and merchandise to kids and his making alot of money for the WWE. The only time I was a fan of Cena is when he had an attitude and that was back when he was a heel and I really liked him back then. I feel kinda bad because Cena does have the potentional to have the older audiences to like him but its because now that the kids love him so much and this pg crap that he can never actually have a real attitude about his character. Myterio's character has always been the same crap so that's why I'm not a fan of his in that respect. Going back to Cena though I don't hate him because its the "cool thing to do" or because I think he can't wrestle or anything like that, I only don't like him because I don't like his character, maybe if I was a kid I would like him but anyway I hope I'm not offending Cena fans here, am trying to be as clear as possible. I do respect the fact that Cena does have a passion for the business but just don't like his gimmick..character whateva you wanna call it. Cena has had more success but Mysterio's matches just entertain me more so I'll lean towards giving him my vote.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back