The Mask of Mysterio

Total Impact

A Poster Name Total Impact
There is a post on the main website which goes in discussion on Rey Mysterio and his mask. As all real wrestling fans know, Rey Mysterio wrestled in WCW as Rey Mysterio Jr. and lost his mask in a match against the Outsiders. While I was one who was angry with the WWE for putting him back under the mask as Mexican tradition is that once you lose your mask you can't wear it again. Hell many mexican wrestlers have been buried wearing their mask. So I thought it was disrespectful of the WWE to have Rey put his mask back on breaking mexican tradition.

Then the article pointed out something, that Rey Mysterio wrestled in WCW as Rey Mysterio Jr, losing his mask as that character, when he came to the WWE he became Rey Mysterio, putting the mask on as his uncle's gimmick, who was is The Original Rey Mysterio.

So it makes the fact known now that if Rey Mysterio is to lose his mask, it will be similar to wat he did in the WCW but different in that he wrestle under two different names so that it's ok for him to lose his mask again and wear a mask again as many mexican wrestlers will switch gimmicks to another mask when losing their first mask

So as the article talked about, does it make it a valuable claim about the WWE that Rey may lose his mask as a big thing as his WCW gimmick is different than his WWE gimmick in name alone. So is rey mysterio mask being taken away by jericho a big deal.

Also if he is ever to lose his mask in the WWE, will he be able to still be considered a star in company or was it the mask gimmick that made im special as he floated in the main event in WCW when masked, but unmask he was art of midcard group after midcard group. Sp what is there to be made about the mask of rey mysterio.

i dont think he should lose the mask again until he's ready to hang it up, at least for the company...i was surprised he wore it again because i remembered hearing about him losing it in WCW...

i always wondered why he dropped the JR off of his name too..

imo i think it would be different if he lost the mask, cuz personally he looks weird in it, but again i dont think he will, becuase of merchandise sales. It seems like every kid has their own mask when u wath smackdown. Like vince says business is business.

Well Jericho didn't unmask him, so yeah. Mysterio unmasked would have been ******ed just like you I wish wwe kept the luchador traditions alive, how dis-respectful. And I do think that him being un-masked would have killed his career. 'Coz he's Rey MYSTERIO, plus his merchendise sales would go down, his masks are big hits with the kiddies.

that mask symbolizes rey mysterio, without it he's of course still rey rey, but it wouldnt feel right. wcw did crazy stuff back then, and that was one of em, and it worked cuz of that. right now in this day and age, i dont see it happenin for a long time, maybe not ever. i see him gettin inducted into the hall of fame with that damn mask on lol

As stupid as that claim may sound, it is a valid claim. He was, in a way, repackaged. It may have been pretty much the same character, but it was a different name. This all seems to be null and void now with both guys moving on, but it is interesting. I am glad he kept the mask though. It does kind of show the fact that WWE is aware and respectful of wrestling traditions other than their own.

There is a post on the main website which goes in discussion on Rey Mysterio and his mask. As all real wrestling fans know, Rey Mysterio wrestled in WCW as Rey Mysterio Jr. and lost his mask in a match against the Outsiders. While I was one who was angry with the WWE for putting him back under the mask as Mexican tradition is that once you lose your mask you can't wear it again. Hell many mexican wrestlers have been buried wearing their mask. So I thought it was disrespectful of the WWE to have Rey put his mask back on breaking mexican tradition.

Then the article pointed out something, that Rey Mysterio wrestled in WCW as Rey Mysterio Jr, losing his mask as that character, when he came to the WWE he became Rey Mysterio, putting the mask on as his uncle's gimmick, who was is The Original Rey Mysterio.

So it makes the fact known now that if Rey Mysterio is to lose his mask, it will be similar to wat he did in the WCW but different in that he wrestle under two different names so that it's ok for him to lose his mask again and wear a mask again as many mexican wrestlers will switch gimmicks to another mask when losing their first mask

So as the article talked about, does it make it a valuable claim about the WWE that Rey may lose his mask as a big thing as his WCW gimmick is different than his WWE gimmick in name alone. So is rey mysterio mask being taken away by jericho a big deal.

Also if he is ever to lose his mask in the WWE, will he be able to still be considered a star in company or was it the mask gimmick that made im special as he floated in the main event in WCW when masked, but unmask he was art of midcard group after midcard group. Sp what is there to be made about the mask of rey mysterio.

Losing his mask would be incredibly important. Why? Mysterio and his gimmick rely on that mask. He always brings it up when he's speaking of honor and what not. It's what gives him his fight.

However, if he lost that mask, he would still be the star he is considered. The crowd LOVES him, and I promise it's not because he has a colorful mask on. The only thing that might change is Mysterio mask sells. And that's a huge maybe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back