Report: Sting to be Inducted into TNA HOF by Lex Luger, Not Christian

It's Damn Real!

The undisputed, undefeated TNA &
http://www.prowrestling.net/artman/publish/TNA/article10027342.shtml

Sting will be inducted into the TNA Hall of Fame by Lex Luger, according to the Busted Open satellite radio show.

Obviously Sting and Luger are long-time friends, so from that perspective it makes a ton of sense, but why and how Christian would be involved in BFG is now up in the air, as if this is true, he won't be the guy on stage or in the ring doing so, as was previously thought to be true.

Thoughts?

I read that just seconds ago myself. If this is legit then, in some ways, this makes more sense. Luger and Sting go way back even before Crockett Promotions became WCW, so this will probably cause it to have more meaning.

I'm not sure what this means as far as Christian goes. On the surface, it has me wondering if this means that he won't be appearing at BFG. I don't know the exact terms of his agreement but I'm assuming that Christian's agreement extended to him only inducting Sting into the HOF. I certainly don't see him doing any sort of wrestling role and I'm fairly sure WWE wouldn't agree to it either.

Christian has been off of WWE television for a while, allegedly, until his BFG appearance is finished. According to reports, he's scheduled to begin a feud over the United States Championship against Antonio Cesaro.

If Christian won't be at BFG then it's probably for the best. Sting will be inducted into the TNA HOF by one of his best friends and someone he's known since he began his career and the WWE can go ahead and put Cesaro in a good title feud against a worthy opponent.

Hall Of Fame Ceremony

Categories: Headlines | 4 comments

Jeremy Borash announced on the TNA iMPACT! post game show that he would be hosting the TNA Hall of Fame ceremonies the night before Bound for Glory and that Lex Luger would be in attendance. WWE star Christian will be there as well.

As previously announced, Sting will be the first person inducted into the TNA Hall of Fame.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Lex Luger will be in attentance. That's all.

last I read Christian himself asked to be held off TV because there were no major story lines for him and it could allow him to rest his ankle. that was from From Pwinsider.

Luger would make more sense.

always wondered why Christian would induct Sting. If it was to have a former opponent, use Angle or Styles and keep it within the company. It just never made sense. However, to have him there since he was a former opponent does make sense. Look at Flair being at HBK's induction. i think it is the same thing here. And Luger makes a lot more sense.

It would make alot more sense to me to have Luger induct Sting rather than Christian. Christian has very minimal history with Sting and Luger has a ton of history. Besides, it didn't look like Christian even wanted to be a Slammiversary when he made the announcement. I couldn't imagine him being any more excited for BFG. It's always better to have someone with an emotional attachment inducting whomever is going into the HOF. Although I am a big fan of Christian's work, having him induct Sting makes very little sense compared to Luger.

They'll probably just induct Christian. He -was- the first "MAJOR" WWE Star to cross to TNA.

Seriously why would Christian be inducted him anyway, what part did he have anything to do with Sting past or present? that's just like lets pick a random person.

Sting being inducted would've had to be by a few people
Ric Flair, Lex Luger or Hogan, they are his biggest rivals/on and off friends/partners throughout his career least the most memorable.

Luger and Sting though literally broke into WCW together, they were like Austin/The Rock were in the WWF, both came in and went through the lower-main event cards together battling over and together for the respective titles.
He is the perfect candidate to induct Sting.

Christian as i said, i just dont get it.

Christian could induct Jarrett i guess, atleast they had a rivalry over the at the time TNA title and as a thanks for giving him a shot in the arm for his career.

Totally. Luger makes so much more sense than Christian, because Luger has such a long an illustrious career in TNA, and Christian was not there long enough to finish a beer. No, wait....um....

I guess this makes sense considering the history between Sting and Luger. Christian was believed to be the inductor or inductee, depending on how you looked at it. But this is logical.

This makes a lot of sense to me. The history between Sting and Luger is immense and seems like the perfect guy to do the job of inducting Sting into the Hall. Christian and Sting had history in TNA, but Luger goes a lot farther back in Sting's career.

Luger sounds like a good option, especially with his history with Sting, and himself being a legend of the business. The only shortcoming I see is that Luger wasn't in TNA for a long time or do anything too remarkable or spectacular over there, so its just like bringing in a random famous guy for a night. Christian Cage on the other hand, had a big history with Sting in TNA, from friends to foes, back and forth, for the NWA and TNA World Titles. Plus Christian is a guy that is still relevant in the business, has a huge fan liking and following. He sounds like the best option to me.

They'll probably just induct Christian. He -was- the first "MAJOR" WWE Star to cross to TNA.

Incorrect.

Many were there before him, and far bigger names: Nash, Hall, Luger, Shamrock, etc

Christian however was the first star to go there when WWE was an option. he didn't quit WWE to go there, it was a case of his contract being up and he chose not to renew to try new things: TNA being one of them.

I was looking forward to seeing Christian induct Sting, but him being the choice of TNA to induct their first HOF entry was quite surprising. It kinda makes TNA look 2nd rate, as it looked like they were jsut trying to get a WWE wrestler to appear on their show in a role that he wasn't suited for.

I loved Cage in TNA, and hope he goes back there someday, but for this I think Lex Luger is a much better pick. Luger and Sting's careers go back years together and they are close friends. Lex will be able to to tell stories about The Stinger from the early days, something that Christian would not be able to. The benefit of being inducted by a long-term colleague and/or friend makes the induction far more entertaining.

I am looking forward to seeing The Total Package induct Sting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back