R-Truth: A Tweener?

aboynameddirt

It Only Gets Worse
Okay, for a few months now we've seen R-Truth as a heel. He's gotten great heel heat and really done some pissing people off. I think he will stay in this position for awhile yet.

But on RAW, he, The Miz, and Christian had that hilarious promo that almost everyone I've talked to seemed to love. While I don't see Truth legitimately playing this hybrid right away, was this promo a glimpse into the heel R-Truth that everyone loves?

He has mic skills, he can work a crowd, and during some of his "Little Jimmy" segments, the crowd almost seemed to be having fun with Truth, even though they were being insulted.

What do you think?
Will we ever see R-Truth as a tweener?
Will R-Truth even be taken seriously long enough to make this transition?

Let me know your thoughts.

The WWE needs to wait until R-Truth's new heel persona gets a little stale before making him a tweener. R-Truth plays the part of a heel psycho conspiracy theorist very well and I think it's the most interesting R-Truth has ever been. A tweener turn wouldn't be too bad other than the fact that the conspiracy theorist Truth would be no more. All the Little Jimmy's would jump on the R-Truth bandwagon and that's something Truth stood up against. His gimmick is working now. I don't see why you would fix something that is not broken at the moment.

Just because the fans are entertained and play along, doesn't make R-Truth a tweener. Cody Rhodes gives paper bags to the fans to wear and it's meant as an insult, but people still put them on. That's the mark of an entertainer; make your audience buy into what you are giving them. R Truth is a good entertainer, he proved that as a face for a while until his rapping became stale. Now he is a different character, one you can boo and laugh at, because honestly it's hard not to laugh at him. He reminds me of one of those comical heels back in the Hogan Era, but not as cheesy.

He can work a crowd. The Miz can too and I would like to think Miz is more of a tweener now than Truth, for the simple fact the crowd now is chanting "Awesome" when he is around.

It seems a though, he just might be moving in that direction. I was at the 3 hour RAW on Long Island two weeks ago, you could'nt tell from TV, but when he came out to confront Hornswoggle, he got a decent pop from the NY audience! People were standing and applauding him! Also, when he left the ring with the WWE title, people were chanting his name. I think the little Jimmy gimmick is even going over with the crowd. People are holding Little Jimmy signs at every RAW for the last couple of weeks. I think he's really getting over because he stands up against John Cena (who got booed LOUDLY at the same LI show for the whole main event) and the company's conspiracy to keep Cena "The Man". As we all know, most teenage and adult men do not like Cena anyway, so R-Truth is now a relatable character. There are other guys in the back that people would like to see as champion (Punk,Morrison, R-Truth) but, in a "corporate america" run WWE, Cena's name sells, so that is what is getting R-Truth over as a heel, I belive. He speaks out for all the people who are tired of seeing John Cena.

Just because the fans are entertained and play along, doesn't make R-Truth a tweener. Cody Rhodes gives paper bags to the fans to wear and it's meant as an insult, but people still put them on. That's the mark of an entertainer; make your audience buy into what you are giving them. R Truth is a good entertainer, he proved that as a face for a while until his rapping became stale. Now he is a different character, one you can boo and laugh at, because honestly it's hard not to laugh at him. He reminds me of one of those comical heels back in the Hogan Era, but not as cheesy.

He can work a crowd. The Miz can too and I would like to think Miz is more of a tweener now than Truth, for the simple fact the crowd now is chanting "Awesome" when he is around.

I never said Truth is a tweener now. I actually said I don't see his current heel angle ending soon. I just said that someday in the future, I could see R-Truth being a tweener. There would obviously have to be progressions and additions to his character between what we have now and when/if he makes the transition.

I never said Truth is a tweener now. I actually said I don't see his current heel angle ending soon. I just said that someday in the future, I could see R-Truth being a tweener. There would obviously have to be progressions and additions to his character between what we have now and when/if he makes the transition.

I followed what you were saying. I just don't agree he is portraying himself like a heel does when he is about to hit that middle mark between heel and face. He is just some laughable heel to me. The 90's were full of comical heels. Who is to say Truth is not just some guy some fans can be for while the others boo, like CM Punk? Truth's job is to be entertaining, and that's what he is doing. But he isn't a neutral character, and if he garnishes enough fans and we get tired of his heelness, then he will pass as a face.

"Tweener" seems more of a term meant for a heel about to go face then an actual alignment anyways. Who'd want to stay in a purgatory-like persona?

they whole point of the segment was so crowd can laugh at the heels, not with them. they want the heels to be able to make people make fun of them, they do that by having them complain, and if it is done just right their complaining will be funny and it gives the crowd a reason to make fun of them. rtruth is a full blown heel, the one who comes off most as a tweener right now is christian b/c he keeps doing all those high spots and claps his hands sometimes ans stuff

From being live this past Sunday @ Capital Punishment; R-Truth pops overshadowed the Cena chants the majority of the night and especially during the match. I have yet to watch the PPV so I don't know how the chants came out, however anybody over the age of 12 was booing Cena.

Truth as a tweener is just a natural progression and just hope they pull the trigger on another "hot act" before WWE fizzles his push.

R-Truth would have been a tweener had he been intentionally funny. But the way in which Truth's character has been designed, he comes across as someone who is unintentionally funny. He is convinced that he is being conspired against and that he is being held down but obviously none of this is true and that is why the crowd is wondering what the fuck he is talking about. Truth is funny but the joke is on him which is what makes him a full blown heel.

I would not mind seeing a tweener version of Truth's current character. His insanity and ongoing feud with all the little jimmys of the world has been very entertaining and could transition him into a tweener so guys like Del Rio or McIntyre could be main event heels in his place. Truth can be taken seriously as a tweener as long as he keeps doing what he's doing and stays as far away from his "whats up" rapper persona as possible because that was a joke of a character. The more he makes fans laugh or react other than booing, the closer he comes to tweener status.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back