R-Truth using the Al Snow gimmick!

CM Steel

A REAL American
It's been over a year since the "infamous" R-Truth heel turn in England. Where it lead to a feud with John Cena for the WWE championship at the then WWE "Capital Punishment" pay per-view in Washington D.C. After fading in the main event scene. He formed a tag faction with the Miz heading into the Survivor Series PPV in a epic tag team match against John Cena & the Rock! Then a night later "the Awesome Truth" broke up after Cena played them against each other.

But for a whole year the WWE universe had to hear about the "mysterious" Li'l Jimmy. A person only R-Truth can see we guess. Truth's finisher is dubbed "the Li'l Jimmy" (Shelton Benjamin & MVP's old finisher's). And the gimmick is still alive and well with R-Truth as face. But that's the old Al Snow gimmick as clear as day!

Back during the Attitude Era. Al Snow returned to the WWF with that same mannequin's head from his ECW day's. In which he talked to. But that gimmick got Snow so far. Now can R-Truth make a decent to good run with the same gimmick only once being in the WWE title picture?

Hmmm.... Yes and No due to the whether or not R-Truth puts enthusiasm into this gimmick because a lot of wrestlers were given excellent gimmicks but never delivered. I think its starting to become stale because we haven't seen anything progress since awesome truth(correct me if i'm wrong).

I'm one of the people on the R-Truth would be better off as a heel, but I see where you are coming from.

Would be interesting to see him be able to carry this gimmick into a big Main Event status, hell maybe even win the strap

R-Truth really sucks in my opinion. His heel turn never went far enough as no one took him seriously as a threat to Cena. He's not entertaining enough to be a top face. He'll never win the big one and always live in the midcard along with his buddy Kofi. They just don't seem to have "it."

Unfortunately, I think last year's main event with Cena will be the last we see of Truth being in the main event picture. Although unlike DX Mols, I do like him and find him quite entertaining. He showed he can make a big storyline interesting. But the problem was no one thought he was actually going to beat Cena.

He's been a heavyweight champion before (pre-TNA) and has the charisma. But father time isn't on his side. He's already 40 and doesn't have a lot of time left.

I'm hoping the E gives him one more big push, but I think he will remain in tag team/midcard misery until his contract runs out or he is released.

I think "Lil Jimmy" should actually be R-Truth's alter-ego kinda like the whole Mick Foley/Mankind/Catcus Jack/Dude Love thing.

Have him wrestle some matches as R-Truth and some as Lil Jimmy (completely different outfit and all) then have Truth and Lil Jimmy win the tag team belts (Truth "tags" Lil Jimmy, throws on the Lil Jimmy garb and wrestles as Lil Jimmy).

I think "Lil Jimmy" should actually be R-Truth's alter-ego kinda like the whole Mick Foley/Mankind/Catcus Jack/Dude Love thing.

Have him wrestle some matches as R-Truth and some as Lil Jimmy (completely different outfit and all) then have Truth and Lil Jimmy win the tag team belts (Truth "tags" Lil Jimmy, throws on the Lil Jimmy garb and wrestles as Lil Jimmy).

"Little Jimmy" is a generic WWE fan. When R-Truth turned heel he turned his back on all the little Jimmy's in the crowd. Now that he's a face he likes all the little Jimmy's and now has an imaginary "Little Jimmy" friend. It's wacky but it's fairly entertaining, I laugh every time he does the butt-bump on the entrance ramp. I doubt Truth will get another shot at the main event, but that's not so bad. Being a Tag Champion is a great fit for Truth, and I could see him holding the IC or US title in the future.

I'm pretty sure that when a wrestler is thinking of a new gimmick , the last thing that runs through their mind is, "hey, what if I copy Al Snow's gimmick? Yeah!"

Plenty of people have done the paranoid gimmick; fuck, Goldust did the schizo gimmick in TNA, as Black Reign. Since Goldust worked in the WWE as an agent recently, I absolutely buy the notion that Truth was paying homage to his friend Dustin backstage. At least, that's what i'd argue.

There's a reason I didn't remember the Al Snow gimmick until you mentioned it; it's a mid card gimmick for yucks, that's not going to get him out of the mid card.

"Little Jimmy" is a generic WWE fan. When R-Truth turned heel he turned his back on all the little Jimmy's in the crowd. Now that he's a face he likes all the little Jimmy's and now has an imaginary "Little Jimmy" friend. It's wacky but it's fairly entertaining, I laugh every time he does the butt-bump on the entrance ramp. I doubt Truth will get another shot at the main event, but that's not so bad. Being a Tag Champion is a great fit for Truth, and I could see him holding the IC or US title in the future.

I remember how it all started, during that feud with John Cena. I'm just saying that they should morph it into an alter-ego for R-truth now.

I think that he could go even further with his Lil Jimmy gimmick to make it entertaining.
If they decided to break up the champs they could use Lil Jimmy to instigate it. Imagine if Rtruth starts getting destracted by Lil Jimmy you see him talking to him in a match and eventually it costs them the title with Rtruth starting his decent into madness. Kofi doesn't believe theres a Lil Jimmy causing a rift between the two, then Rthruth starts attacking faces saying thats what lil Jimmy wanted him to do. Sort of like a son of sam kind of thing. I think if done right it could make for an edgier heel turn based in reality.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back