Quarter Finals: Chris Jericho vs. Steve Austin - Austin Wins

Who Wins This Matchup?

• Chris Jericho

• Steve Austin

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well well well. :rolleyes: I have some VERY interesting information that I would like to share with everyone. I knew something seemed fishy with all of these votes for Jericho, so I decided to look at the profiles of everyone who voted for him. Below, you can see the names of 20 people who have voted for Jericho. All of them have 0 posts. 13 of them joined on 05-31-2010, 7 of them joined on 06-02-2010. And look very closely at when they joined and when they were all last active, within minutes of eachother.

BlackJack
Last Activity: 05-31-2010 11:25 AM

clearwater
Last Activity: 05-31-2010 11:29 AM

cookiemonster
Last Activity: 05-31-2010 11:27 AM

foxystaff
Last Activity: 05-31-2010 11:44 AM

islandplayer
Last Activity: 05-31-2010 11:39 AM

jackdiamond
Last Activity: 05-31-2010 11:24 AM

kingarthur
Last Activity: 05-31-2010 11:46 AM

powerpack
Last Activity: 05-31-2010 11:31 AM

skeleking
Last Activity: 05-31-2010 11:32 AM

snowstorm
Last Activity: 05-31-2010 11:42 AM

thechairman
Last Activity: 05-31-2010 11:36 AM

theflame
Last Activity: 05-31-2010 11:34 AM

timetable
Last Activity: 05-31-2010 11:38 AM

alidaei
Last Activity: Today 11:48 AM

aligeda
Last Activity: Today 11:40 AM

dashagh
Last Activity: Today 11:56 AM

mahmoodkhole
Last Activity: Today 11:45 AM

mostafaeshghi
Last Activity: Today 11:53 AM

perspolischamp
Last Activity: Today 11:50 AM

salamkhubi
Last Activity: Today 11:36 AM

Now I'm not a rocket scientist or anything, but these votes look VERY suspicious, and it's obvious what's going on here. If there is ANY justice in this tournament, these votes cannot be counted.

As Lee has stated, if they were alternative accounts, they would have been future endeavoured by now. It's purely coincidence of timing, so stop complaining simply because Jericho is ahead because of people with no posts voting, there's nothing in the rules against it.

Ironically this happened with Austin last year!

DO NOT REPLY TO THIS.

It has come to my attention that there are several alternate accounts that have all voted for Jericho. The amount is more than enough to change the winner. I'm not sure what I'm going to do about this, but I will be doing something. Also I know the person that made the alts so by no means are you getting away with this.

Yes Austin's matches have an element of predictability that Jericho's do not, that being we know Austin is going to whoopass and win while we are never sure if Jericho is going to or not. It really is that simple. Spare us this Jericho is a selfless martyr crap. Jericho is so committed to the biz that he took two years off to play crappy music while Austin only left when he literally could not wrestle anymore due to injuries. I do not get the logic that Vince put Austin as the face of an era but then Jericho "chose" the big show as his tag partner and somehow this means he carries the company as well. Makes about as much sense as a vote for Jericho in this match.

Austins matchs are predictable and i dont mean the outcome i mean how they are going to go where in jericho matchs you dont know how the match is going to work.
Austin left due to injuries something jericho has never had to do. Is this because jericho protects himself better in the ring, he takes more risks than Austin did but still no injuries because he is so good at what he does.
The fact that being teamed with jericho made show relevant shows just how much even being associated with the man can do for a wrestler. This is something Austin was able to do aswell but like you say Austin was the face of the attitude era jericho wasn't. Jericho has the ability to make someone look good because of his ring work, psychology and promos where Austin makes them relevant through his popularity.
This is not a popularity contest its who is the better wrestler and that is jericho.

Oh, he wouldn't wait in the ring? You know this, right? He told you? It's happened before? Austin is far more intelligent than you give him credit for. The guy held the WWF Championship 6 times, so he's obviously not some moron. You would have to be a complete moron to chase someone around the ring for ten seconds to get counted out. If Jericho hit him, it had better be with a chair, because Austin is making it back in before ten. What a TERRIBLE scenario for Jericho to win. Right there, when you believe this is a way for Jericho to win, is where you should realize you have no case.

He wouldn't wait in the ring because that is not his style. His style is to go straight after the person so he wouldn't just hang back. This is a way for jericho to win and maybe not through this way but a count out of some sort which is a way jericho would be happey enought to win

Why wouldn't he pass out in the boston crab? Because it's weak. Jericho, as much as I love the guy, puts on a weak ass Boston Crab. The Liontamer was different, but not as effective on bigger guys. Have you seen the way Bret Hart sinks the Sharpshooter in? How much pressure he puts on someone? Jericho doesn't apply half the pressure to the Walls that Hart did to the Sharpshooter. Comparing those two holds is like comparing a BB gun to a 12 gauge.

No pressure? He sinks them walls in tight(its up to the other person to sell how much pressure is on, you can't fault jericho for others short comings). My argueement however was that jericho could win by causing austin to tap or pass out in a submission which is something Austin couldn't do. I know people will say oh he could use a submission but in a very high majority of his matchs he didn't so why would he start now?

We can go around and around all day about how much more intelligent Jericho is than Austin. He might be, I can even conceed that. But not by nearly the margin you are making it out to be. Jericho will do anything to win? And Austin won't? Stone Cold freakin' Steve Austin?? Do you have any CLUE who you are talking about? The man who has beaten the Rock within an inch of his life with a chair, just to win the title? The man who dropped HHH 20! F****** Feet, inside of a CAR! We are talking about one of the most ruthless men in the history of pro wrestling, Steve Austin. Don't try and compare who would go further to win a match/title...you'll lose.

I used the jericho will do anything to win arguement because so many people harped on about how he never beat austin clean. As if Austin was a saint in the ring(which trust me i know he wasn't). I am not trying to argue who would go further to win in a no dq match because thats not the match they are competing in, but on a side note i think both men would go to extreme lenghts to win a match.

My vote went to jericho for the sheer fact i think he was/is better in the ring than austin ever was(and since we are using austins prime that was after he broke his neck). He has better ring psychology than austin did, and both were fantastic on the mic. I didn't look at drawing power or how much money they made vince or where people rate them (main event,mid-card etc. etc.) because these things arent relevant to the match(unless we are looking at it from the point of how vince would book to win to make more money). And just for the record i feel that jericho is a main eventer.

Austins matchs are predictable and i dont mean the outcome i mean how they are going to go where in jericho matchs you dont know how the match is going to work.
Austin left due to injuries something jericho has never had to do. Is this because jericho protects himself better in the ring, he takes more risks than Austin did but still no injuries because he is so good at what he does.
The fact that being teamed with jericho made show relevant shows just how much even being associated with the man can do for a wrestler. This is something Austin was able to do aswell but like you say Austin was the face of the attitude era jericho wasn't. Jericho has the ability to make someone look good because of his ring work, psychology and promos where Austin makes them relevant through his popularity.
This is not a popularity contest its who is the better wrestler and that is jericho.

If Austin matches are predictable, then it is predictable that he usually wins. So Jericho is better than Austin because he protects himself better? Are you bascially saying that it's Austin's fault that he broke his neck. I love to hear your answer on that one.

As regards to the Big Show, that is laughable. If Jericho was so good, why did the Big Show and Miz team up? Show went from floundering to being in a tag team to being in another tag team. Once he broke up with Miz, he became one of the top faces on Smackdown. Sounds like Miz helped a lot more than Jericho did.

You just said Austin was the face of the Attitude Era. That says enough as to why Austin should advance.

He wouldn't wait in the ring because that is not his style. His style is to go straight after the person so he wouldn't just hang back. This is a way for jericho to win and maybe not through this way but a count out of some sort which is a way jericho would be happey enought to win

No pressure? He sinks them walls in tight(its up to the other person to sell how much pressure is on, you can't fault jericho for others short comings). My argueement however was that jericho could win by causing austin to tap or pass out in a submission which is something Austin couldn't do. I know people will say oh he could use a submission but in a very high majority of his matchs he didn't so why would he start now?

I used the jericho will do anything to win arguement because so many people harped on about how he never beat austin clean. As if Austin was a saint in the ring(which trust me i know he wasn't). I am not trying to argue who would go further to win in a no dq match because thats not the match they are competing in, but on a side note i think both men would go to extreme lenghts to win a match.

My vote went to jericho for the sheer fact i think he was/is better in the ring than austin ever was(and since we are using austins prime that was after he broke his neck). He has better ring psychology than austin did, and both were fantastic on the mic. I didn't look at drawing power or how much money they made vince or where people rate them (main event,mid-card etc. etc.) because these things arent relevant to the match(unless we are looking at it from the point of how vince would book to win to make more money). And just for the record i feel that jericho is a main eventer.

1. Why is it a shortcoming for the opponent to sell how much pressure Jericho's puts on his submission? He's the one applying it so he has much more control how much pressure he puts on the move.

2. You're countout argument is still lame for one simple reason. You act if like Austin is some blithering idiot who doesn't know how to count to ten. If Jericho wants to run around the ring and try to goad Austin, Austin is either smart enough to just stay in the ring because Jericho maybe stupid enough to get himself counted out or just get in the ring before the referee counts to ten. This isn't Austin's first rodeo He's smarter than you think.

If Austin matches are predictable, then it is predictable that he usually wins. So Jericho is better than Austin because he protects himself better? Are you bascially saying that it's Austin's fault that he broke his neck. I love to hear your answer on that one.

As regards to the Big Show, that is laughable. If Jericho was so good, why did the Big Show and Miz team up? Show went from floundering to being in a tag team to being in another tag team. Once he broke up with Miz, he became one of the top faces on Smackdown. Sounds like Miz helped a lot more than Jericho did.

You just said Austin was the face of the Attitude Era. That says enough as to why Austin should advance.

The first thing wrestlers have to learn is how to protect themselves and the people they are in the ring with. Austin's broken neck was not his fault(it was an accident) but it was after this he was in his prime was all i was saying.
The big show teamed with the miz because they wanted a tag title match at Mania and they wanted edge v jericho so had to take jericho out of the tag team. They then continued it with miz, who was a good choice, because they werent ready to end it. The plan the whole time, i would guess, was to move jericho to raw and make show a face. So whether miz was used or not the same thing would have happened because they needed a big face on sd as undertaker was on a break and edge was gone to raw.
I don't deny Austin was the face of the attitude era(because i know what im talking about) but that is not a reason for him to advance its a wrestling match not a popularity contest. You can't use the arguement that he was more popular because its not relevant

1. Why is it a shortcoming for the opponent to sell how much pressure Jericho's puts on his submission? He's the one applying it so he has much more control how much pressure he puts on the move.

2. You're countout argument is still lame for one simple reason. You act if like Austin is some blithering idiot who doesn't know how to count to ten. If Jericho wants to run around the ring and try to goad Austin, Austin is either smart enough to just stay in the ring because Jericho maybe stupid enough to get himself counted out or just get in the ring before the referee counts to ten. This isn't Austin's first rodeo He's smarter than you think.

He has control of the pressure he puts on but he is not meant to hurt his opponent(read previous post about what they learn first). It is up to the person taking the move to sell it and make it look as painful as possible. This is not jerichos short coming but the other persons.
As for the countout arguement my point was that austin wouldnt wait in the ring its just not his style. He would go out after jericho(whether this was at the start of the match or later) and try get him back into it. This is something jericho would not do he would be happy to take a count out win because he knows a win is a win

He has control of the pressure he puts on but he is not meant to hurt his opponent(read previous post about what they learn first). It is up to the person taking the move to sell it and make it look as painful as possible. This is not jerichos short coming but the other persons.
As for the countout arguement my point was that austin wouldnt wait in the ring its just not his style. He would go out after jericho(whether this was at the start of the match or later) and try get him back into it. This is something jericho would not do he would be happy to take a count out win because he knows a win is a win

Now you want to argue what is the more painful looking submission?? Jericho doesn't sit down on it. He is half-standing, it has no pressure, you lose. It's not the same as the sharpshooter, not even close. You really need to take a look at how that sharpshooter was locked in on Austin. It was sunk deep. Austin tried fighting out of it, so it wasn't as deep late in the hold, but the majority of the damage had been done. Who has tapped out, in "Jericho's prime" to the Walls? No one. Who tapped out to the Sharpshooter in Bret's prime? Everyone...MINUS Steve Austin!

Your count out argument is getting really, really old. It's a complete cop out. You are making Austin out to be the DUMBEST wrestler in the history of the business. If that's such a great freakin' strategy, why hasn't Jericho used it? Wow, you are really over the top at this point.

This match is officially over. Due to at least two instances of a person creating multiple alternate accounts and voting for Chris Jericho, he is disqualified. Steve Austin is officially in the Semi-Finals. If I see anything like this again, I'll keep disqualifying people and I don't care if it's the damn championship match.

Don't like it? Deal with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back