ProWrestlingFan WZT Bingo!

No. Hogan didn't make a difference in WCW until the NWO.

NWO was the reason WCW made profit. NWO angle was so big, it would have worked with or without Hogan and ratings etc prove that.

f0AoMPG.gif

NWO would have been passable with Sting, but Hogan turning heel was an absolute game-changer.

Hogan hurt WCW more than he helped.

-Luger wins the title in 1997, drops it back to Hogan after 5 days

- Not letting Sting go over clean at Starrcade 1997 making Sting look bad in the process

- Hogan agreed to put over Goldberg on Nitro but with the condition that Karl Malone & DDP get involved

-Fingerpoke of Doom etc etc ...

Goldberg was more profitable for WCW than Hogan.

WCW's most successful financial year was 1998 when Goldberg was on top.

Hogan hurt WCW more than he helped.

-Luger wins the title in 1997, drops it back to Hogan after 6 days

- Not letting Sting go over clean at Starrcade 1997 making Sting look bad in the process

- Hogan agreed to put over Goldberg on Nitro but with the condition that Karl Malone & DDP get involved

-Fingerpoke of Doom etc etc ...

WCW's most successful financial year was 1998 when Goldberg was on top.

Oh God....

Let's just say what you say is true. Who exactly put over Goldberg, and where in the actual fuck (besides your own delusions) did you get half that?

I mean, you do realize it's pretty well reported Nick Patrick fucked up the three count, right?

I'm sorry but you actually have no sources to back some of those claims up.

Also I'll reiterate:

HOGAN WAS PINNED BY BILLY FUCKING KIDDMAN, KING OF THE VANILLA MIDGET. THE CRUISERWEIGHT WHO SHOULD CRUISER-WAIT.

Also was it The Wall who kicked out of Hogan's leg drop? Someone insanely forgettable did anyways.

EDIT: Kiss Demon? Was it him?

I'm sorry but you actually have no sources to back some of those claims up.

Also I'll reiterate:

HOGAN WAS PINNED BY BILLY FUCKING KIDDMAN, KING OF THE VANILLA MIDGET. THE CRUISERWEIGHT WHO SHOULD CRUISER-WAIT.

Also was it The Wall who kicked out of Hogan's leg drop? Someone insanely forgettable did anyways.

EDIT: Kiss Demon? Was it him?

Losing to someone after burying them in a promo and several interferences is completely different from putting someone over and making him a star in the process. (Ric Flair vs Sting for example)

-People kicked out of Hogan's legdrop very often in WCW.

You're getting those sources ready for us, right? Because you wouldn't dare say anything but the truth. Yes?

Reactions: .
Losing to someone after burying them in a promo and several interferences is completely different from putting someone over and making him a star in the process. (Ric Flair vs Sting for example)

This was on PPV. Would it be ok if John Cena lost to Heath Slater at, let's say MITB so long as the Wyatt Family interfered?

I think he was 13 at one point on this forum. He's either 14 or 15.

If I could only go back in time, I would ask my fifteen-year-old self what I thought of Hulk Hogan. I'd probably say "screw that guy" but my reasoning would have more with him trying to kill the Rock's career with a big truck than with trying to kill Billy Kidmans career by losing a match to him.

I'm gonna guess he is in his 20s, he just has a close minded view on things. He did claim he watched wrestling all through the 90s. SO he is either like late 20s at the youngest or one of those asshole kids who was born in like '98 and is all "I'm a 90s kid lol Nickelodeon"

If I could only go back in time, I would ask my fifteen-year-old self what I thought of Hulk Hogan. I'd probably say "screw that guy" but my reasoning would have more with him trying to kill the Rock's career with a big truck than with trying to kill Billy Kidmans career by losing a match to him.

I really don't care about Billy Kidman. That was one example. Watch some of Bret Hart's shoot interviews of how much of a backstage politician Hogan was.

NWO angle was so big, it would have worked with or without Hogan and ratings etc prove that.

What the hell is this bullshit?!

The whole reason the nWo became huge was because Hulk Hogan went and turned heel. Do you not realize how big that was? Nash & Hall were great, but Hogan sealed the fucking deal. Using someone else instead would have worked for a bit, but by no means would it have been as big of a deal without Hogan being the one to turn.

Also, how do the ratings prove it would have worked without Hogan? If something didnt happen, then how can there be television ratings?

I really don't care about Billy Kidman. That was one example. Watch some of Bret Hart's shoot interviews of how much of a backstage politician Hogan was.

I've read his autobiography. He thinks everyone was politicking. And he was right. Everyone. If Hogan wanted to bury Kidman, he wouldn't have done the job for him.

Holly's book was better, in case you like to read.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back