Predicting the 14-15 NFL Season: Make a game out of it!

Akhilleus

Getting Noticed By Management
So back I've done this with baseball, and now I'm going to do it with football. Except this time I'm going to go a lot more in detailed with it. I'm going a lot more detailed, it's almost like going to be a game. You guys don't have to go in depth like I'm about to, but I'd definitely be interested to see what you guys think. I'm going all the way though. I'm going to loosely predict what every team in the NFL is going to do this season, what the playoff seedings will be, and who will go all the way to win the Superbowl.

So let's get started with the NFC. Is it just me or is the NFC weighted much more heavily than the AFC. I know I saw this last year, but even going into this season it seems like there are way more playoff caliber teams in the NFC then there are in the AFC. Maybe the teams that made the playoffs last year in the AFC (other than the Chargers in my opinion) deserved to be there, but they really didn't have as much competition. While in the NFC there are at least two teams fighting for control, if not three. So that's the difference between the two conferences.

Also keep in mind I'm much more of an offense guy. Even when I coach flag football I'm much better coaching offense than defense. I would be an offensive coordinator that's for sure. But I do know who the top defenses are and who the weak defenses are for the most part. But if I say something like "they're not one of the top defenses in the league" please don't go off on me because I really don't know what I'm talking about anyway.

Anyway...

NFC North

The NFC North is actually a very competitive division right now. I'm going to go ahead and declare the Vikings as non contenders this season, but between the Packers, Bears, and Lions all three of these teams are playoff caliber, this goes into what I was talking about before.

1. Chicago Bears (11-5)

I'm going to go ahead and say the Bears are going to take this one at 11-5 this go around. Them and the Packers are both very well equipped to win the division, but I think the Bears just have much more Balance. Packers have the better QB and RB, but the Bears have the better defense by far, and with Marshall and Jeffrey their wide receiving core is unstoppable.

2. Green Bay Packers (10-6)

That's right the Packers are going to just miss winning the division by a game. They're still a playoff team, and to see this team miss the playoffs is very unlikely. I just think the Bears are due one this time around for the sole reason that the Packers' defense isn't where it should be for a division winning team.

3. Detroit Lions (10-6)

I'm going to go ahead and say that the Lions are going to burst out with a 10-6 season. They've got Stafford, Megatron...and well....that's about it. But dammit that's enough, and the Lions are going to go on a run this season. Unfortunately I'm saying they're going to be the Arizona Cardinals of this season, and they will not make the playoffs due to their division record.

4. Minnesota Vikings (6-10)

I don't have a lot to say about the Vikings. They have a very young team. Bridgewater is still awhile away from leading the team, and Patterson is still just a tad to young although I think he will have a pretty decent season this year. So it's going to be 6-10 this season, but that's fine because they'll probably have a good draft position.

NFC South

Onto the NFC South. I'll start off by saying I think this is going to be one of the divisions that isn't anywhere near as competitive this season. Last year we saw the Saints and Panthers battle it out with the Falcons down due to many injuries, and the Bucs well were the Bucs. But this go around I think it'll be a little more clear cut who's in control.

1. New Orleans Saints (12-4)

That's right the Saints will remain on top. I think Mark Ingram is in store for a big season this year. They're offense is still as good as it ever was with Brees, Jimmy Graham, and Colston alone. Then they have Kenny Stills and Brandin Cook. Their defense is still one of their biggest weaknesses compared to other teams, but they're going to still cruise to yet another divisional title.

2. Carolina Panthers (9-7)

The Panthers had a really good season last year, but I think that was just a short burst. I think the Panthers will go back down a little bit. Cam Newton had a good year, but he's going to have a mediocre one this season. His wideouts are weak. I like Benjamin but he's a rookie, and to have Jericho Cotchery as your number two wideout? I think he was fourth in Pittsburgh, maybe fifth at times. Their defense is still one of the stronger ones in the leagues however, but I think 9-7 is where they land.

3. Atlanta Falcons (8-8)

Falcons bounce back to have a much better season than the one they had last year, well at least four more wins better. Julio Jones will be back, and they have Stephen Jackson in there starting at running back. Jackson won't be any different than Turner, at least he won't be better I'll say that much. But Matt Ryan is still a very good QB, and he's got Julio Jones and Roddy White to throw to. This is another team who's defense will hold them down.

4. Tampa Bay Buccaneers (5-10)

The Bucs are going to have another mediocre season, and it's because of one thing. Their QB. They have a good running back with Doug Martin, then they have Vincent Jackson and Mike Evans who may not do as much this season but I think he's going to be a stud. The problem is they won't do anything with Josh McCown. He's not going to be a productive QB. I like Glennon much better, but even if won't lead this team to the promise land. At least not this year.

NFC East

1. Philadelphia Eagles (12-4)

I spoke too soon when I said the NFC South was clear cut. This is even more clear cut. There is no doubt in my mind that the Eagles take it back this year. Nick Foles looks great, LeSean McCoy, Jeremy Maclin, Jordan Matthews, Zac Ertz. That offense looks scary! Their defense is good enough to get them to at least an 11-5 record this season, but they're looking good for the third seed.

2. Dallas Cowboys (9-7)

If it wasn't for how good the Eagles are, I would say that Cowboys would win the division like I think they will every year, but every year they lose it in Week 17. Like seriously how many seasons in a row has that happened? I know it's at least three, and it's been to every other team in their division. First the Giants, then the Redskins, and last year the Eagles right? They always seem to be close games too. Those poor damn Cowboys.

3. New York Giants (5-11)

I'm giving them the same record they had last year, 7-9. Eli Manning is going downhill I think, and I don't think Rashad Jennings is anything special personally. Andre Williams is going to be the future runner in New York. I'm not a big Ruben Randle fan either, so their only offensive weapon is Victor Cruz. Their defense is weak too. You know what I'm changing their record to 5-11 this year. They suck.

4. Washington Redskins (4-10)

I personally think Robert Griffin III might be a big bust. This season is going to establish that for sure especially if Kirk Cousins takes his job. 4-10 might be a little harsh though for a team that has DeSean Jackson, Pierre Garcon, and Alfred Morris, but that's what I'm thinking. Their defense isn't even half bad either, but it's also not half good. I'm still saying 4-10.

NFC West

1. San Francisco 49ers (14-2)

Ah. Last but not least for the NFC is the West division. It's safe to say who the favorites are, but it's really a coin toss between the 49ers and Seahawks. I'm giving it to the 49ers this year just because it's their turn. They have the talent all around. Great defense, great QB, Frank Gore is still solid with Carlos Hyde right behind him. Then they have Crabtree, Boldin, Vernon Davis, and even Stevie Johnson who used to be a top wideout in Buffalo. It's a tough offense, and an even tougher defense. Its their turn, and they're going to have a great season.

2. Seattle Seahawks (12-4)

It'snot often a team goes 12-4 and being a wild card team, but whenever you have the 49ers in your division it's pretty possible. There's no doubt the Seahawks are still there, and their defense I think might be stronger then the 49ers, their secondary definitely is and with Bowman recovering and Aldon Smith having his problems, the 49ers will be off to a slower start than usual. None the less the Seahawks will be up there. Their wideouts are still a little weaker, and Lynch is nearing the end of his career. But their defense will carry this team as usual.

3. Arizona Cardinals (5-11)

It's unfortunate that their 10-6 season wasn't good enough for a playoff run, because now they've missed the boat. Carson Palmer's mediocre career is another year older, and I don't like Andre Ellington at all. Larry Fitzgerald is also nearing the end. This team looks like it's heading in the wrong direction as far as rebuilding goes. Larry Fitzgerald is still their only offensive star, and on defense it's by far Patrick Peterson, that guy is a freaking stud. They have Cromatire too, but their defense is weaker and their offense looks weaker. I'm actually surprised I have them ahead of the Rams with this team.

4. St. Louis Rams (2-14)

The Rams actually have a pretty decent team, specifcially their defense. Their offense though has problems. I'm not sure what's going to go down with Stacy and Cunningham, and Tavon Austin now looks destined to be a slot receiver. It doesn't help that Sam Bradford is now done for the year. This is a tank year for the Rams, and it'll be good because they could use a nice pick, and I would suggest taking a Quarterback with it.

Onto the AFC now....

AFC North

1. Pittsburgh Steelers (11-5)

Assuming they can stay healthy for the majority of the season, I think the Steelers are in store to take the AFC North back this year. There are some parts of their defense I like and parts I don't like. Shazier looks good, but I think he still needs about a year or so for development. Other than Troy Polamalu though their secondary looks awful. Mike Mitchell is a downgrade from Ryan Clark it seems, and their corners haven't improved at all from last year. Their linebacking core should be okay, and their defensive line is iffy. But they have one of the best defensive coordinators so who knows. Their offense though I like. Their wide receiving core while young I think will be good, Bell is a great back as long as he stays off the pot before games, and Ben is Ben. With Haley finally letting Roethlisberger call the shots I think they can get back into a grove. They nearly made the playoffs last year at 8-8, their schedule is cupcake and I like their chances to take the AFC North Back.

2. Cincinnati Bengals (10-6)

I am a firm supporter that Andy Dalton is an awful QB. I'm also a firm supporter that Giovanni Benard is a scrub. Dalton is not a franchise QB. If Cincy acquired said franchise QB they would be a very scary team in the AFC. But right now their QB is more in that Alex Smith, Sam Bradford, Carson Palmer tier. Benard is way too small, he's going to break in half. I like Hill way better. AJ Green is a stud of course, but other than that everyone else doesn't stand out. Marvin Jones is nothing special, and Gresham isn't near the top tight ends in the league. Their defense however is what carries this team. They've got a great defensive line, and great secondary too, and they just drafted that Dennard guy who looks like a stud. That'll be enough to get them to 10-6, and make it as a wild card team, and likely lose in the wild card yet again.

3. Baltimore Ravens (9-7)

The Ravens seem to be falling apart. They're still hanging around, but Joe Flacco isn't anywhere near the amount he's worth. He's in a tier higher than Andy Dalton, but not much higher. Ray Rice is just about done, and Benard Pierce doesn't look that great. Behind them is Lorenzo Talliferro who I think is the future back there in Baltimore but not this season that's for sure. Torrey Smith is nowhere near as good as I thought he'd be, especially after Boldin left. Still a 1000 yard receiver, but to be the number one guy there it doesn't help him. Matt Elam isn't as good as I thought he'd be, but CJ Mosley looks like a stud. Honestly though this team is not the same without Ray Lewis. That guy brought this team together. It wasn't just his on field skills, but his leadership skills. To not have that in the locker room anymore is what really hurts this team.

4. Cleveland Browns (5-11)

Neither Brian Hoyer or Johnny Manziel will lead the Browns to a successful season anytime soon. I like J. Football more than Hoyer, but the fact of the matter is this team needs some work. Their defense is almost there, they have a future QB lined up who if not a bust could help this team, plus Jordan Cameron looks awesome. But Josh Gordon is a pothead, and even he is their only talented WR right now. Their offensive line has actually gotten weaker than years past, and Ben Tate as an every down back is never a good idea, Terrance West seems like he could be good when he eventually takes over but again a ways away. Browns are in for another slow season in the never ending rebuilding era.

AFC South

1. Indianapolis Colts (11-5)

The biggest weakness for the Colts right now is at running back, and even then I think Bradshaw and T-Rich is a better situation than some other teams. Richardson is looking like a bust, but he still has potential. Reggie Wayne may be old, and he may be coming off a big injury, but I think he's going to have a pretty decent rebound year and have a big role in the Colt's offense. With Andrew Luck leading things this team will make the playoffs for sure.

2. Houston Texans (7-9)

I think if the Texans acquired a good QB in some way over the offseason, they would be a playoff team. If they traded down and took Bortles, or Manziel or something. But they didn't, and they're still QB-less...and a team will most often not succeed with a good QB. It's been done yes, but it takes a lot. The Texans have a lot of pieces, but not enough to carry the team without a good QB. Not to mention it's up in the air with Arian Foster whether he stays healthy and does good or not. Their defense however is pretty damn solid. JJ Watt and Clowney on the same line...let's just be glad they don't have BJ Raji or something too.

3. Tennessee Titans (5-11)

Titans are worse. I don't much about this team. Justin Hunter is probably the biggest thing. Bishop Sankey is overrated especially for fantasy purposes, and their defense is weak imo. That's all I really have to say for them. A 5-11 season would be considered a win for this team. Every year I think Jake Locker is going to do good, and he ends up getting hurt or something, so now I'm labeling him as bust.

4. Jacksonville Jaguars (3-13)

And the Jaguars. I think if you went on the streets of Mexico and asked people who the worst team in the NFL was, 74% would say the Jaguars. 10% would say the Browns, and %16 percent would go "Que?" They have Blake Bortles who has a lot of upside but he's not starting yet. White boy at running back who's never fully started for a team, he was just the best running back in the league's backup. Weak defense. Great offensive line I'll give them that...and one good wideout with Cecil Shorts. They have a lot of work to go before they're going to become a successful franchise, but well if Blake Bortles pans out that will be half of it.

AFC East

1. New England Patriots (12-4)

I hate the Patriots. I'm sorry because I know like a quarter of the people on here are Patriots fans, but I just can't stand the bastards. None the less you can't deny they're a good team, and I think at 12-4 I actually have them winning the AFC again this year. I'll probably have them lose in the playoffs later, but hey you take what you can get. There's no doubt though whatever they're doing works. All they need is Tom Brady, and Bill Belichick, and you have a winning team. They get things done. It doesn't matter the wideouts or the running backs, or the line. Brady gets it done. They'll be losing by 21 points at halftime and come back and win...seriously they did it like seven times at least last season and I raged each time. They'll go 12-4, maybe 11-5 at worst. Unless there is a God and Brady tears his ACL again or something, but I don't see that happening.

2. Buffalo Bills (9-7)

Ah the Bills. They are up and rising, ready to take over the AFC East when Brady retires and Belichick gets arrested for insider trading (I don't know don't ask). They have the pride of FSU starting at QB, they just drafted Sammy Watkins who I have a huge man crush on, he's going to be a stud. CJ Spiller and Fred Jackson at running back, and some pretty solid pieces on defense.

3. Miami Dolphins (7-9)

I'm giving them too much credit at 7-9 I think. I don't like Tannehill at all, and Miller is a scrub I think Moreno is going to get most of the carries in that offense. I do like Charles Clay, and they have a pretty good line. And their secondary is very underrated in my opinion. Louis Delmas, Brent Grimes, and even that punk Cortland Finnegan. The line has Cameron Wake and that's really all it needs. Linebackers are solid, not great but good enough. Their d is way better than their o.

4. New York Jets (4-12)

I liked Geno Smith last year, but he didn't look that impressive when it was all said and done. When Eric Decker is your number one wideout you have problems, and trust me he won't put up anywhere near the amount of numbers he did in that Denver offense with Peyton Manning. I like their line, but that's it on offense. Oh, and Chris Johnson he could end up having a big year in that new offense. He's capable of putting up 2,000 yard seasons as we saw once long ago, but the question is was that just him spitting his load, or is he still capable of doing it again? Their secondary is the better part of that defense, everything else isn't that strong. But they do still have Rex Ryan who is a defensive minded coach, well at least for this year. Can't believe that fat pig kept his job jet another year. Woody Johnson is a moron.

AFC West

1. Denver Broncos (11-4-1)

I don't think Denver is going to have as good of a season as they did last year. In fact I'm going to predict that Peyton Manning doesn't play all 16 games either. He's going to miss at least a couple weeks. But he is pretty damn tough so who knows. I'm saying they win eleven, and I'm also going to say they tie with the Chargers...just for shits and giggles. Still though their team is a winning team, and I doubt the Chiefs will beat them out this year. Thing is though not a lot of teams do great after losing the Super Bowl the year before. So we'll see.

2. Kansas City Chiefs (10-6)

Ah the Chiefs. I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt and say Alex Smith does just as ok as a job as he did last year. Alex Smith is just so bland and so average, but he gets it done. He's the type of QB your team can win the Superbowl with if all the other pieces are good. They have Charles, they have Dwayne Bowe, and they have a great damn defense.

3. San Diego Chargers (8-7-1)

I hate this team. I don't like Phillip Rivers at all, and they really shouldn't have even made the playoffs last year let alone got to the divisional round. KC had their backups playing, and they still should have won if it wasn't for the bad calls. Rivers does get things done though, he's a very accurate passer. Ryan Matthews and Danny Woodhead make a good combination too. But there really are no stand out receiving weapons. Antonio Gates is no longer an elite tight end, and Floyd/Allen aren't great wideouts either. Their defense has some bright pieces, but this team is not a playoff team. They weren't last year either, but this year they've gotten worse.

4. Oakland Raiders (5-11)

Last but not least we have the Raiders. Rookie Derek Carr is starting a QB, who knows he may be the Russell Wilson of this draft class, or he may just be the best of a bad situation. Either way he's a rookie. MJD is fat and washed up, and they have no strong wideout options. In fact me giving this team five wins is being way too generous. They right down there with the Jaguars really. If you're going to do a rebuilding franchise on Madden, you're going to want to do it with this team if you want a big challenge.

So the seedings

AFC

1. New England Patriots (12-4)
2. Denver Broncos (11-4-1)
3. Indianapolis Colts (11-5)
4. Pittsburgh Steelers (11-5)
5. Cincinnati Bengals (10-6)
6. Kansas City Chiefs (10-6)

NFC

1. San Francisco 49ers (14-2)
2. New Orleans Saints (12-4)
3. Philadelphia Eagles (12-4)
4. Chicago Bears (11-5)
5. Seattle Seahawks (12-4)
6. Green Bay Packers (10-6

Wild Card Weekend:

Chiefs at Colts

I'm just realizing this is the same exact game from last year in the wild card, and the same situation too. The Colts ended up winning 45-44. I'm going to say that this time around the Chiefs pull it off and take out the Colts in the wild card.

Bengals at Steelers

I'm going to go ahead and say that the Bengals will lose in the wild card yet again, yup. Just because. Steelers at home take out the Bengals and move onto the divisional round.

Seahawks at Bears

Man this would be a great playoff game to watch. Two of the best defenses in the NFL going up against each other. I'm going to give it to Seattle though to win in Chicago and move on. And man I'm just realizing if Seattle does only make it as a wild card, that really hurts them because they're on the road pretty much the whole time, and they have one of the biggest home field advantage situations in the league. Anyway they survive this week against the Bears.

Packers at Eagles

Packers in Philly. We saw it four years ago when the Packers won the Superbowl. This time however I'm going to say Philly learns their lesson, and they won't get upset at home in the wild card yet again. Sot they move on.

Divisional Round

Chiefs at Pats

This would be another good playoff game to watch. Chiefs and Patriots. Obviously in Boston, the Pats would crush the Chiefs. Would probably win by like twenty points. So they move onto the AFC Championship game.

Steelers at Broncos

I was debating this one because in years past I always doubted the Steelers playing in Denver. They NEVER do good on the road in Denver. One big reason to that was missing free safety Ryan Clark, but now that don't even have Clark anymore so that's not even a problem. None the less they still don't play well here, but the big thing here is it's January. And you know what's worse than the Steelers playing in Denver? Peyton Manning playing in the playoffs. And so I'm going to say in the 4th quarter with two minutes left and the game tied, Peyton Manning throws an interception to Troy Polamalu who takes it to the Denver 15 yard line, to set up for a Steelers field goal to knock the Broncos out of the playoffs. Oh and Manning retires after so his last pick was an interception. Muwhahahaa. That's the fun thing about these writeups is you have complete control over what happens.

Seahawks at 49ers

It wouldn't be the playoffs without the Seahawks/Niners game. This time in San Francisco. I'm going to give it to the 49ers, even though this is one of the least unpredictable games ever. You never know what's going to happen here. But again like I said it's San Francisco's turn this year.

Eagles at Saints

The Saints beat the Eagles in last years wild card game in Philly, and this time they're in New Orleans, and so they're going to beat them again. It'll still be close though, but Drew Brees will push through to get back to the NFC championship.

Championship Games

Steelers at Patriots

So the Steelers and Patriots square off in the AFC Championship game yet again, which is funny because that's what it was ten years ago during the 2004 season as well. And just like then the Patriots are going to cheat, and win. I'm just joking, but the Pats are going to get things done this time. They'll take care of the Steelers in a close game to go onto the Super Bowl yet again, with Brady looking for that 4th ring.

Saints at 49ers

A few years ago these two squared off in one of the best playoff games that season. Back and fourth back and fourth the 4th quarter win, but the 49ers ended up surviving, in what would be The Catch III I believe. And that's what will happen this time. Maybe not another close game, but San Francisco will go on to win, and go on to play the Pats in the Superbowl.

The Super Bowl

New England Patriots vs San Francisco 49ers

This would be a good Super Bowl huh? Brady and the Pats going up against the 49ers' D. It's also funny because it's the two losers of the championship round last year. So it's like what if the ball fell another way? This time though Brady is fighting a good defense, and the 49ers' offense is just too strong as well. I mean I think the Niners are the most complete team in the NFL. They have a great offense, a great defense, a great coaching staff. It's not going to be enough. I don't think they'll get blown out like the Broncos did last year, but I'm going to say that that 49ers don't lose this time around. They go on to beat New England 31-19, and win their 6th Superbowl to tie the league record for most Superbowl wins.

So those are my predictions. Is that all going to happen? Probably not. But this took me like two days to type up so it feels good it get it all done. I'd be interested in reading what other people think, so hopefully you guys don't ignore this and it gets a big goose egg in the response column.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back