2015 NFL Final Cuts

BestSportsEntertainer

I Don't Need No User Title
The deadline is now up for NFL teams to trim their rosters from 90 players to 53. Most are expected and unknown, but some are quite surprising.

Here's a list of some notables names that got released.

Matt Cassell - QB - Bills (Once thought to be starting QB this season for BUF)
Tim Tebow - QB - Eagles
Robert Turbin - RB - Seahawks
James Jones - WR - Giants (Had close to 1,000 yards in 2014)
Da'Quan Bowers - DL - Buccaneers (Former 2nd round pick)
Darnell Dockett - DL - 49ers
Louis Nix - DL - Texans (3rd round pick in 2014)
Devon Still - DL - Bengals (His daughter had cancer)
Phil Taylor - DL - Browns
IK Enemkpali - LB - Bills (Infamously punched and injured Geno Smith in a locker room brawl)
Jameel McClain - LB - Giants (Started 14 games in 2014)

Which player's release surprised you the most?
Which player on this list would you most want your favorite team to sign?
Which player(s) that didn't get released should have?

Which player's release surprised you the most?

None. They all suck and they should have been cut. Tim Tebow? Pfft, the guy should have never been signed in the first place. That was a publicity stunt.

Actually, Hakeem Nicks. I thought the Titans should have given him a chance, but I guess he looked awful during camp and preseason. The Bills cutting Matt Cassell is an interesting move, I'm not sure...if Tyrod Taylor turns out to be not as good as they're hoping, it might have been better to go to a veteran option instead of another young -player. But I don't think it'll really make a difference.

Which player on this list would you most want your favorite team to sign?

None! There are a couple corners in the free agency I wish the Steelers signed, but as far as guys who got cut though...the saying "One man's trash is another man's treasure" does NOT apply here.

Which player(s) that didn't get released should have?

Dri Archer! The guy is an absolute turd. Just awful. I can't believe the Steelers did not kick him to the curb. He can't run, he can't return kicks, he can't do anything whatsoever! I can't believe they wasted a third round pick on that guy in 2014. He is one of the most useless players I've ever seen on an NFL field, and yet somehow he made the 53 man roster. Unbelievable, surely there was at least one person better that they could have kept over him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back