Patriots Trade Randy Moss

Do you watch football?
Apparently more then you if you think the Saints D was a great D last year. They got turnovers. That's why there were considered so good. They also gave up a crapload of points. They weren't a great D. Were the turnovers mainly based on good (albeit hugly risky) plays, maybe, but there's still luck involved.
Yeah, that wasn't luck, Stormtrooper. The Saints never had a shot at being a fundamentally solid defense, so Greg Williams turned them into a bunch of risk taking bastards. Don't go for the tackle, go for the strip. Don't stick to your man, jump the pass and go for the interception. And while this philosophy certainly won't work forever, it worked last year, and it was all planned that way, not luck.
That doesn't mean they weren't lucky. Even if they create turnovers, there's still luck involved. The bounce of a ball, perfect timing jumping a pass, stripping the ball even, there's a lot of luck involved with that stuff. I'm not saying it was all luck, but there's a lot of luck in that.

It pays to be lucky and you can use that for an excuse for a bunch of teams (same can be said for unlucky). The Saints defense created turnovers, which are a huge part of the game. That won them a championship. Rather be lucky than good as the old saying goes.

I thought I read that Moss wanted out. If so, oh well. Brady's done more with less before. Sure, they had a great defense back then, but guys will step up. It's ridiculous to think that the seasons over just because of a trade. They still got Welker, Edleman, (despite them both playing the same type of WR spot) Hernandez, that other TE, BJGE, and the guy they got from the Jets (RB, forget his name). Not great weapons, but solid enough to where Brady can distribute the ball out well. It'll take a while to get the deep ball working, but I would be more worried about the D then O.

It's not a TERRIBLE move. They could always just draft a guy and build him up. Hell, Brandon Tate is looking a lot better as of late. Your offense won't be dead, but you'll definitely see a big difference for a week or two.

This is way different man, Vikings weren't a contender when they traded Moss and they basically HAD to trade Moss as he was just an asshole to them. Moss was fine here in NE, wasn't starting any trouble at all, and we trade him for a fuckin' 3rd rounder? Oh awesome, we can get another 2nd string DB who'll be gone in 3 years, sweet, that's totally worth the fuckin' thousands of thousands of yards and dozens of TDs Moss could give us.

I love Bill Belichick, I do, but his decision making over the last few years has been questionable at best.

Wrong. Multiple reports have Moss getting into it with Bill and that the relationship was destroyed. Moss felt as if BB had no 'love' for him and the FO were being disrespectful by not pursuing some form of contract renewal/extension. They were attempting to deal him before the Dolphins game.

Whatever, he was starting shit with everyone (I heard even Tom Brady as a rumor). I love Moss, he's one of my favorite players of all time, but if he was going to be a distraction, then getting rid of him is absolutely the right move. He obviously didn't want to be here anyway, which is fine.

I just wish we got more than a fucking third round pick out of him. However, we still have Welker, Brandon Tate is becoming a star before our eyes, Edelman is still awesome, and I want to see what Taylor Price can do. Plus, Hernandez and Gronkowski are pretty fucking awesome.

Guy summed it up best. Moss can be a serious distraction in the locker room if he's not happy. Even worse than T.O. when he wants to be. Moss didn't get thrown at in the second half of the Dolphins game, and that's when I knew he was gone.

And Favre isn't going to be throwing much when he's on his ass most of the game. Unless they get Adrian Peterson to lateral the ball to Moss on occasion, I don't see this being a huge step for Minnesota. Then again, ol' Bill could have gotten a damn second rounder at least. But the Pats have a plethora of draft picks from other bad teams. So X, while it looks bad on the surface, in the long run, the Pats could build another dynasty. A.J. Green from Georgia could be in a Pats uniform next season.

Meh, Brady has led the league in passing before with a group of nobody receivers, the same raggly group they won their last SB with. He was hardly lighting up the field for you guys anyway. There are a load of other, lower profile yet probably more overall productive options

at the same time, you now have 6 picks in the first three rounds. You can certainley package that for any pick or player you deem necessary in the offseason.

With this trade the Vikes pretty much HAVE TO get the the SB, they've pretty much went all in and if they don't get there I doubt they'll have another shot for awhile, if I'm not mistaken they already have a bunch of their big name players in the final season of their contracts and who knows if Favre is gonna be able to survive another season after this year (though I wouldn't be surprised to see him back yet again next year)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back