Ongoing Thread For Smarmy Spam Responses to the WZT

I think people have started taking how big a reaction Cena gets for granted. Genuinely. Maybe I'm watching Raw with the volume turned down but there's been a fair few shows where I certainly wouldn't have described the atmosphere as "electric".

The crowd is always involved. His music hits and there are instant boos and cheers. He is in the ring, and before he even talks, the naysayers are booing him. He has a connection. He has had that genuinely for 8 years now.

Now all these years of doing your spiel and the crowd is still involved. I remember Hulk Hogan in WCW with the Giant and the, uh, that Sullivan stable, meh crowd. Some sporadic Hogan Sucks chant, but the crowd was largely just aiming their paper ball at Hogan's dome. That was the official past time at WCW events you know.

I get Hogan's whole stature of bringing two hot periods in two different companies and for wrestling in general. But Cena (coz of WWE) has changed a wrestling tradition. A tradition that has affected Austin (Mania X7 turn) and Hogan (Bash at the Beach turn).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back