[Official] Roster Cuts & Acquisitions Thread

I bet he didnt signw ith them long term and it has somethign to do with jay Lethal's open invitational. rememebr he fought jim neidhart and it was reported on this site that he'd be fighting a "legend" once a month. I really hope he isn't going to do anything else than fight jay lethal once and get out. I wouldnt be surpirsed if he wasn't an on aire personality at all and more of a backsatge guy

Jesus jumped up Christ, here we go with another thread on why all you marks with absolutely zero experience in the industry think TNA should never bring in guys who made their names in the business via the WWE. God-for-fucking-bid someone with that stain on their record ever do something to help another company! I mean, good God, man – the travesty! The horror! These men should be hanged for treason!

Who gives a flying fuck? You people (and I use that term sparingly, since the majority of you are probably angry over-weight teenagers with a face full of zits) are so god damn pathetic that I willingly risk getting infracted for flaming you because just don't get it. You absolutely 100% beyond any shadow of doubt DO NOT GET IT. You refuse at all cost (including the potential growth of the company you claim to love so much) to let said company try something if it even so much as borders on the line with something the WWE did, or someone the WWE helped to create.

You don't even have so much as one iota of a clue as to exactly what TNA's plans would be with using him, and you're already shitting on it. :rolleyes: It's like watching sheep run off the side of a cliff one after another because the one all the way in the back heard a twig snap behind his legs and screamed "WOLF!".

Sid Vicious "reported" that he was signing with TNA a few months ago, and guess what? It was a lie. The folks who run his MySpace page did it to stir up rumors, and work you marks over. They succeeded, just like they might be succeeding right now if the same people running Honkey Tonk Man's page are doing the same for him like Sid's boys did for Sid.

Take a breathe. Take a step back. Get away from your keyboard for an hour or two. Go outside and play like normal teenage boys instead of smashing your face full of twinkies and over-reacting to every small tidbit of "news" that comes your way regarding something as petty as the potential for the Honkey Tonk Man to sign with TNA. For all you know, he could be signing a one-date deal that see's him wrestle Black Machismo. For all you know, he could be signing a few-dates deal that sees him come in as someone's manager. For all you know, he could be pulling a Shane Douglas and coming in to immediately put a younger TNA guy over. Hell, for all you know, he could be signing as a backstage agent.

Bottom line here: RELAX with the Armageddon over-reacting bullshit, and for once in your trite little lives, allow the thing to actually pan out before you pull our your guns.

Last Saturday, I was at a independent wrestling show in Lafayette, Louisiana where they had Hiendrich in a tag match against the Sons of Scotland, which is former WWE wrestler Robbie Mcallister and a new partner...

Anyway, before the match Big bad made a reference about working the Austrailia tour with Hogan and then said he was going to TNA soon...

Anyone know if this is true or not?

I presume "Big Bad John" is Jon Heidenreich? To be honest, I had no idea what happened to the guy because I basically stopped watching the WWE (for the second time, at that point) at the time, but I always enjoyed his look and his intensity.

I haven't stumbled over any particular rumors about him making the jump or not, but I'm not so sure I'd be entirely opposed to the idea. The only concern I'd express would be over his age (39), and any potential ring-rust he has considering he hasn't really wrestled on such a large stage since 2006. One way or the other though, I think you'd be hard-pressed to find anyone who thinks the guy doesn't have the look, intensity or the character to be an effective pro-wrestler.

Did anyone see him wrestle on the Hulkamania tour who could elaborate on how good he (still) looks?

Wow, you wanna talk about a short fuse?

Dude, chill out.

I don't think that there's a real point in bringing the Honky Tonk Man to TNA either and it's not because he's a former WWE star.

I could care less about that.

But he's simply not relevant anymore. TNA gains nothing by bringing a 'legend' like the Honky Tonk Man and he gains nothing from going to TNA.

It just doesn't make sense.

And, just so you know, you don't really prove a point by degrading the people who post on the forums. You just come off as a snarky TNA fanboy.

Take a note from yourself and just relax dude.

Wow, you wanna talk about a short fuse?

Dude, chill out.

I don't think that there's a real point in bringing the Honky Tonk Man to TNA either and it's not because he's a former WWE star.

I could care less about that.

But he's simply not relevant anymore. TNA gains nothing by bringing a 'legend' like the Honky Tonk Man and he gains nothing from going to TNA.

It just doesn't make sense.

And, just so you know, you don't really prove a point by degrading the people who post on the forums. You just come off as a snarky TNA fanboy.

Take a note from yourself and just relax dude.

Where'd you get your crystal ball from, man? I've been looking for one that can predict the future as accurately as yours apparently does. Or are you just clairvoyant? Man, I wish I had that power...

He's not relevant any more? Debatable. He's an established name in the industry. Why isn't he relevant? Because he's old? Sure didn't stop guys like Flair or Hogan, and it doesn't look much like it's stopping the Nasty Boys either.

There's no point in bringing him to TNA? TNA gains nothing by bringing him in? He gains nothing from going to TNA? Why's that? Your crystal ball tell you that? You have no idea what the story line would be, so how can you possibly know any of that?

Jesus jumped up Christ, here we go with another thread on why all you marks with absolutely zero experience in the industry think TNA should never bring in guys who made their names in the business via the WWE. God-for-fucking-bid someone with that stain on their record ever do something to help another company! I mean, good God, man – the travesty! The horror! These men should be hanged for treason!

Who gives a flying fuck? You people (and I use that term sparingly, since the majority of you are probably angry over-weight teenagers with a face full of zits) are so god damn pathetic that I willingly risk getting infracted for flaming you because just don't get it. You absolutely 100% beyond any shadow of doubt DO NOT GET IT. You refuse at all cost (including the potential growth of the company you claim to love so much) to let said company try something if it even so much as borders on the line with something the WWE did, or someone the WWE helped to create.

You don't even have so much as one iota of a clue as to exactly what TNA's plans would be with using him, and you're already shitting on it. :rolleyes: It's like watching sheep run off the side of a cliff one after another because the one all the way in the back heard a twig snap behind his legs and screamed "WOLF!".

Sid Vicious "reported" that he was signing with TNA a few months ago, and guess what? It was a lie. The folks who run his MySpace page did it to stir up rumors, and work you marks over. They succeeded, just like they might be succeeding right now if the same people running Honkey Tonk Man's page are doing the same for him like Sid's boys did for Sid.

Take a breathe. Take a step back. Get away from your keyboard for an hour or two. Go outside and play like normal teenage boys instead of smashing your face full of twinkies and over-reacting to every small tidbit of "news" that comes your way regarding something as petty as the potential for the Honkey Tonk Man to sign with TNA. For all you know, he could be signing a one-date deal that see's him wrestle Black Machismo. For all you know, he could be signing a few-dates deal that sees him come in as someone's manager. For all you know, he could be pulling a Shane Douglas and coming in to immediately put a younger TNA guy over. Hell, for all you know, he could be signing as a backstage agent.

Bottom line here: RELAX with the Armageddon over-reacting bullshit, and for once in your trite little lives, allow the thing to actually pan out before you pull our your guns.

um....chill pill? there's a reason why people think "oh wow, this doesn't make sense" because well, it doesn't. he's not gonna be a part of a major storyline, he's not going to bring in any new fans. the difference between WWE bringing in HTM or any old face and TNA bringing the same face is simple:

it's nostalgia to the WWE fans because that's where they made their name!

what about those new TNA fans who don't know who he is? you can't go back and think "yeah he was there 7 years ago", nope, you gotta go back to 20+ years ago when he was relevant in WWE (relevant that he's known. WWE had to air packages for Bret Hart who left the business 12 years ago because fans wouldn't know who he is now) he then went to WCW around 92-94 to wrestle, when he was at the end, because he was still known. but now, you're bringing in guys who have been out of the spotlight for many many years, that won't do anything and take up a spot where it could be used for someone to create a name for themselves, that's the problem. hey you can give props for the Nastys, HTM, Kurt Angle, etc., but once those guys are gone, they're gonna realize they didn't build up any guys to take their spot, it's gonna be TNA 1-5 years ago all over again and that didn't get them anywhere. Team 3D vs. the Dudleyz when you could have Beer Money bumped up instead of brought down, Sean Morely vs. Daniels, WAY bump down for Daniels to be feuding with a former IC champ (like 10 years ago). what about Mr. Anderson, a guy who's billed with "could change the business"? give me a break, not even once a WWE champion to be talking like that.

to add to the HTM/old guys brought in, those are guys WWE doesn't want. that's the problem, when WCW brought in guys that Vince wanted to keep (Hogan in 94, Hall/Nash in 96) that's when they started making noise. with this age of info with the internet, we know who WWE wants and doesn't want. them getting guys like HTM who WWE doesn't want is making them look like they're getting the crumbs instead of the big dishes

Where'd you get your crystal ball from, man? I've been looking for one that can predict the future as accurately as yours apparently does. Or are you just clairvoyant? Man, I wish I had that power...

He's not relevant any more? Debatable. He's an established name in the industry. Why isn't he relevant? Because he's old? Sure didn't stop guys like Flair or Hogan, and it doesn't look much like it's stopping the Nasty Boys either.

There's no point in bringing him to TNA? TNA gains nothing by bringing him in? He gains nothing from going to TNA? Why's that? Your crystal ball tell you that? You have no idea what the story line would be, so how can you possibly know any of that?

First of all, i got to say, chill out dude, it's only wrestling, don'T need to be angry just because nobody wants to see your favorite wrestler in TNA.

Now has far as Honky Tonk Man is concern, i'm just thinking that he said that to make people talk and it worked and if i was coming to TNA, it probably would be a one match type deal like Jim Neidhart and TAtanka got. I saw Honky Tonk man wrestles not to long ago and it was the most boring match i ever saw since i starting watching wrestling 20 years ago. Honky has a wrestlers does work anymore, the guy just isn't able to wrestles like he used to. Better yet he lost some of is charisma to because it was the first time that i actually saw him in the ring and couldn'T care less about what he was doing.

TNA doesn't need yet another legends full time, they already got plenty of them and it doesn'T change a thing. I have to agree with most of the people on this board about this, if HTM is back for one time only then yes am all for it, but if this is a full time gig then i don'T see the point of having him full time. He not relevant in the wrestling world right now because most of the newer fans don'T even know who he is. So if that'S true that he sign with TNA, i hope it's a one time deal because having him long term just doesn'T make sense.

He did pretty well at the show I watched, he still had a great look and was definitely a crowd favorite at the show, even though his character was heel...

I didn't see him on the Hogan tour, but i'm sure if used right, he could be a useful tool for TNA...

I think it's a work by HTM. There was a rumour going around a few months back that he was a dead cert to be inducted in the hall of fame this year. Yeah, Vince and HTM have had their differences in the past but do you think he would pass the hall of the fame up to work one match with Jay Lethal? Also, look at the timing of it - a few days before the rumble. I wouldn't be surprised to see him as a surprise entrant this sunday.

Let's stop freaking out. IF (and that's a big if) Honky is going to TNA it will most likely be for a very short time, get someone over or do the Lethal legend thing. Aside from that I don't see him doing much else there. Again though, I doubt that Honky is going.

you guys sound married...

anyway, in my personal opinion honkey tonk man is not relevant. i wouldn't care much for him in tna. but who am i say anything? who freaking knows what will happen. tna's been sorta crazy as of late. he'll probably be there for one night and thats it. fight jay lethal....call it a day. it could be good....it could be corny at the very worst. sid was supposed to come to tna and never did. and thats where i agree with It's Damn Real. who gives a flying fuck about the honkey tonk man anyways! big things are happening in tna right now. lets just sit back and let it happen.

Why? Because he is a recognizable name that is an established superstar. If nothing more he can be a promotional tool for TNA, who cares if he wrestles a single match. Who cares if he even makes it onto TV. If they come into town and lets say the Honkey Tonk Man is signing autographs at the local car dealership, then hey, maybe some parents remember who he is and take their kids out to go see him and realize that hey, there is a wrestling show in town that night or the day after... its stuff like that he can be very useful for. It doesnt necessarily have to be for a prominent on iar presence or even a deal worth alot of money. Its all about marketing the product.

There is nothing to gain with this situation IMO, I think with the Nasty Boys TNA has alot to gain just because they actually have some worth and can be a beneficial piece of the Tag division puzzle, they can still go and hopefully can get a feud out of guys like the Dudleys.

As for the rest of the guys TNA is bringing in I have to agree, not one of them apart from Anderson will actually be able to main event so there isn't a relevant reason that they should even be there.

Look at someone like Orlando Jordan, he could be good for the midcard but as a world champ please I doubt he would make anything other then a midcarder in TNA, Sean Morley is a good worker but again i doubt he could do anything other then work with the current roster and help put guys over.

Now looking at HTM's situation i doubt he could even put anyone over at the moment, if he had a match with Santino when they where doing the Honkey meater for the IC belt i think they could have worked a fabulous angle with Santino that would have seen the two face off.

In TNA however he has no ties, no situations that he could be used in, yes he has a tie to hogan which was back in the 80's rock and wrestling era but i doubt any of the current fans will remember, so if they do bring the guy in for anything other then an agent they will be wasting their time and any up and comers who have to work with the guy in the ring.

I don't really see how this could hurt TNA either way. If Honkey is brought in, I don't even think he'll be used that much. I think he'll have a couple backstage segments here and there, and he there's a chance he could wrestle,but still, I don't think he'll be involved in anything major. The only problem I would have is if he starts to take TV time away from people who could really use it.

Well, I don't really thing bringing in HTM is going to do TNA all that many favors. Personally, as I said in another thread yesterday, I think bringing in HTM just makes TNA look like a second rate WWE. However, HTM said during an interview with Sportsradio620.com that he's declined to be inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame due to "prior engagements".

At any rate, I doubt very much that HTM is going to be that much of a factor. Let's be honest, he hasn't been relevant in well over 20 years and while he may be the longest reigning IC champ in history, it's also the biggest thing he's ever accomplished and it also ended well over 20 years ago. Nostalgia only lasts for so long.

I dont know how possible it is but i think William Regal would be a good fit for TNA. He can cut promos something TNA is lacking. He can also wrestle failry decent

Here's hoping Lethal jobs for him and we never see the HONK in TNA again. Honky Tonk hasn't drawn a dime since he lost the belt to the Warrior, I see no benefit in bringing him in, full time at least. I respect the man, but really...he's done.

What TNA needs to do is Take what they have and take whats worked and do it times ten instead of times -9. Like insted of making a Faction that last for 2 weeks...

Take Kaz out of his Gimmick and make him The Shawn Micheal's/Test.
He's married to traci right ? Take Test's gimmick with Stacy Keibler. He was over and everyone wanted to see him because they could see stacy. So similar to the way test would dominate his match then he'd start to lose and Stacy comes, up comes the skirt and out comes the pop ! So since Traci comes in H Double-D have her flash(with or without protection). Then turn to an abuse storyline where she refuses to "expose" herself and threatens her.

Then as He gains popularity as a Heel bring in JD Micheals and Matt Bentley and you have a New DX. So now you have a reason to watch (Sex, Drama, Excitement, = Entertaiment)

Looks like Bischoff has laid all your nervous concerns to rest, folks.

Like I said, you all jumped to asinine conclusions that TNA yet again went off the deep end here before ever even considering that this simply wasn't true, or that TNA was going to use and discard him quickly. You can mail your apologies straight to my rep (just kidding)!

Bischoff appeared on the Bubba the Love Sponge show this morning and had this to say about the Honkey Tonk Man & TNA:

"[I'd] rather drive a rusty ice pick through my thigh." Bischoff also claimed that Honky "couldn't draw flies if he were rolled in horse shit."

And he put the nail in the coffin when he said:

"There's no truth to that at all."

So there ya have it – no Honkey Tonk Man in TNA, and just like I said earlier, I had a feeling this was a work from whoever is working with HTM, just like it was a work with Sid's team.

For the record though, I never wanted him in TNA. I didn't think he'd add much to the product at all, and the Lethal invitational only had two competitors in two months, so raising that from the dead was pretty pointless itself IMO as well seeing as it barely ever took off in the first place.

^Just about to say that. Glad that Honky isn't going to be coming in. Looks like Eric & Hulkster are trying to get guys they can put faith in to at least show up to help th eyoung guys then be gone.

So there ya have it – no Honkey Tonk Man in TNA, and just like I said earlier, I had a feeling this was a work from whoever is working with HTM, just like it was a work with Sid's team.

For the record though, I never wanted him in TNA. I didn't think he'd add much to the product at all, and the Lethal invitational only had two competitors in two months, so raising that from the dead was pretty pointless itself IMO as well seeing as it barely ever took off in the first place.

I'm glad HTM is not coming to TNA because I never liked the guy, even when I was little. There's no reasonable reason for him to have shown up in TNA. Good thing that's not happening now. I agree with you. He would add nothing to TNA other than one or two novelty appearances, and him doing the Lethal invitational would have only further made Lethal look worse.

Pac, One of the best high-flyer's I've seen in a long time, he's ultra-athletic, still young, and can pull off the spots that TNA loves.

I would say he'd be better off in TNA due to WWE more than likely limiting his move-set, and he'd fit right in with Generation Me if they decided to turn it into a stable.

[YOUTUBE]dKFyaiHlmOw[/YOUTUBE]

Here's a short video of Pac in action.

What do you think?

Pac hasn't been in vogue for about two years. Better than most British wrestlers on the indy scene, average otherwise. If TNA hire one small European they should hire Prince Devitt.

The X-Division is pretty awful now, so they need personalites more than they need high flyers. Pac doesn't have a personality so he'd just become another of the interchangable cruiserweights TNA have on offer.

If you think he needs personality, he could be paired with AJ Styles and Ric Flair, maybe some of it would rub off on him. Otherwise, I'm watching Prince Devitt atm, and I must say I'm pretty impressed, He's agile and quick, and at the same time has very good technical skills.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back