[Official] Roster Cuts & Acquisitions Thread

Dont forget Jeff is still going through his legal issues so we shouldnt get ahead of ourselves but yes i do think Jeff Hardy could easily bring a large majority of viewers and ratings by himself from WWE. Because i can almost gurantee that 60 percent of children who watch WWE will switch to TNA once they hear the hero the Extreme Enigma is on TNA. How do i know... because still on smackdown every single week you still see 3 quarters of the kids wearing Jeff Hardy armbands and thats not just because they look cool.

Now I see Hulk Hogan's formula to bringing in talent!

As well we know & heared the infamous radio talkshow conversation between Hulk Hogan and Rob Van Dam, Hulk looks on bring RVD into TNA as a full-time full fleadge wrestler. But what we all seen last year with Hogan & Eric Bischoff's creation of CCW on the CMT network. Hulk and RVD have a good business relationship thus far. And we also saw former WCW world champion Bill Goldberg on the show. So what me thinking back to that, that had me pondering, what if Hulk Hogan was to ask Bill Goldberg to join the "new" TNA wrestling organzation???

That would be of as huge news as to when Bret Hart re-signed with the WWE. I could picture the whole set up for it right now with the whole press confrence in motion. Both Hulk Hogan & Bill Goldberg have the up most respect for one another. And with Eric Bischoff with connections and what is Dixie Carter's money, it could possibly happen in the near future? Where Goldberg could debut on TNA on a Monday night show and REALLY make an impact like he did when he debuted in the WWE with that promo he did with the Rock. But for that to happen, goldberg would have to come into a feud with somebody. I just hope that it isn't a wrestler from the WCW days. It needs to be with someone new or atleast with somebody Goldberg's never wrestled before.

TNA could be onto something with that move to battle the WWE overall as to who has the top talent and suceed in the new Monday night wars! But will it happen and come together like a complete puzzle??

i'd shit my pants and cry in glee.. Loved goldberg as a kid..
think hes too old to do it again. dont beleive hes in shape to fight either.
he would be great in TNA and ive been saying it for years too.

I think it could spark interest it just matters if he still has the interest to do it and if he was still as physically impressive. If he wasn't then it would be sad to see a shadow of Goldberg with no desire in the ring

I for one think this would suck. I think Goldberg is extreamly overated. He is one of the wrestlers that ont work them selves as hard as everyone else and if you dont beleave me then you can read batista's book and he talkes about goldberg in it. He sais goldberg cant throw a punch with out really punching them. Im sorry but for a basic move like that that proves how much im right on how he is overrated. I remeber reading a statement from linda mcmahon a wile backago saying goldberg was a wasted investment for the wwe.
My guess is the reason so many people love him is because of his fued with the nwo. So in other words, Hulk Hogan is so good in the ring he can make any look good.

well i think bringing in goldberg would be the missing piece to complete wcw 2.0. no but on other matters i think he's truly done with the wrestling business even though he hasn't ruled out returning i would be shocked if he returned but most likely the announcement is a move to monday nights.

(Drew McIntyre The Real Future Prodigy)

Not going to disagree bout Bill being overrated but let's face it, can we really look to Batista to always say the truth %100. He seems like the type of guy who is mad at a funeral because the focus is not on him.

I don't know what Goldberg would offer especially to a company like TNA other than name value for the company for maybe a few months. I agree with Linda, for all the money they threw at him you think he would have tried harder but I think he realized that he was going to be really nothing special in WWE since they already had Goldberg 2.0 in Brock Lesnar.

I don't want to sound anti-TNA because I'm not. I've actually enjoyed the show the past few weeks, and I've even made it a weekly recording on my DVR since the Monday night show.

But my opinion on this matter is that Goldberg won't make much of a difference in TNA. It isn't because he's older or that he might be overrated or limited in the ring ... it's just that most names really don't make a difference.

Of all the active wrestlers TNA has brought in over the years, none were bigger than Kurt Angle. Angle was at the top of his game, in the prime of his career and at the peak of his popularity when he debuted with TNA a few years ago. And what did his arrival to for TNA? Really, not much. He's been in the company for a few years, and the highest rating the show has gotten is a 1.5 broadcast that was promoted as the return of Hulk Hogan and aired live on a Monday night.

If Angle couldn't shift it, then I don't think Goldberg can either.

Now some might say that the popularity of Goldberg - and the length of time fans have gone since seeing him - would spark more interest than Angle's debut did... I can accept that response, but the same can be said for Bret Hart ... and regardless of your feelings on how he has been used since his mini-return, no one can deny that his guest hosting appearance - his true return night - was met with an average Raw rating.

In the end, I think that only a few of the elite legends could truly shift a ratings needle for pro wrestling - McMahon (if he showed up in TNA...), Hogan, Bischoff and The Rock.

Goldberg is all about self promotion and money, he has nothing to gain from wrestling in tna but money and if thats what EB and hulk want then im sure they could lure him in. but he will have no desire or passion in his work, he didnt like losing in wwe so just think of how his ego and Attitude will be in a company where he is the biggest name and highest paid. he would go undefeated and all of his matches will be squashes, the guys a complete ass.

Goldberg is a nicer version of the Ultimate Warrior. Meaning he is a tough guy to work with. Bret Hart had to leave the business early because Goldberg had to kick his head off. Guess what, Bret Hart was in very good shape before that took place. After the Rock vs. Goldberg at Backlash, the Rock stated that he needed more training to make a match happen. On top of that, If you were to do another streak, he would of conquered TNA in 6 weeks since their roster isn't that big. So no, no Goldberg. He is doing just fine telling people that he left the WWE because of moral issues. No need for Goldberg. However, their is potential to make another Goldberg type character. I think that would go over very well, instead of the actually Goldberg.

If you guys think John Cena is bad with a fairly small moveset, maybe you should watch an average Goldberg match sometime soon.

He's the ultimate squasher and the last thing they need is to be having 3 minute matches with Goldberg squashing everyone from AJ to Wolfe.

IMO they don't need Goldberg. They can make their own Goldberg very easily. Who's my candidate for this job? Hernandez. The way they are booking him isn't working. They should have something happen that makes Hernandez snap. From then on he should literally destroy all of his opponents. And not talk. When he does talk he should be yelling and be pissed. Have him kill 3/4's of the roster. And there you go, TNA would have its own homegrown Goldberg.

TNA does not need another washed up has been,especially one that does'nt know how to actually wrestle.But the way them two idiots Hogan & EB are going it would'nt surprise me.They are bringing in all these guys and I don't imagine they are coming cheap,but they have'nt generated any extra income even the ratings are going down I think there in trouble!

I for one think this would suck. I think Goldberg is extreamly overated. He is one of the wrestlers that ont work them selves as hard as everyone else and if you dont beleave me then you can read batista's book and he talkes about goldberg in it. He sais goldberg cant throw a punch with out really punching them. Im sorry but for a basic move like that that proves how much im right on how he is overrated. I remeber reading a statement from linda mcmahon a wile backago saying goldberg was a wasted investment for the wwe.

I disagree. I don't really like Goldberg either, but he drew ratings. And if Hogan brought him in, it'd spike the ratings a little, and I do mean spike. Goldberg interviews over the last few years have all been the same, he just isn't as interested in wrestling as he used to be.

If Hogan got Goldberg, that, would be huge.

IMO they don't need Goldberg. They can make their own Goldberg very easily. Who's my candidate for this job? Hernandez. The way they are booking him isn't working. They should have something happen that makes Hernandez snap. From then on he should literally destroy all of his opponents. And not talk. When he does talk he should be yelling and be pissed. Have him kill 3/4's of the roster. And there you go, TNA would have its own homegrown Goldberg.

I'd be unopposed to seeing a big Mexican jumping around the ring, thrashing people, and screaming at the crowd in Spanish. :lol:

However Goldberg is also irrelevant now, we've got people who can completely out squash him and out work him, such as Hernandez or Morgan (if you book him right).

goldberg sucked in wcw, he sucked in wwe. and that was when he wanted to be a wrestler, noe he has said he no longer has that interest, so you can only imagine how bad he would be these days

I'd be unopposed to seeing a big Mexican jumping around the ring, thrashing people, and screaming at the crowd in Spanish. :lol:

However Goldberg is also irrelevant now, we've got people who can completely out squash him and out work him, such as Hernandez or Morgan (if you book him right).

Hell, if any TNA creative lurks the board, here's an idea to get it started (yeah yeah, I know they don't. Shut up)...

On Impact, during a tag match, have Morgan try to steal a win from Hernandez. Have Hernandez get pissed and attack Morgan. Beat him to a pulp. Have him set up a table on the outside floor. Have Hernandez act like he's going to border toss Morgan to the floor through the table. Have security run out and stop Hernandez. Morgan rolls out of the ring. Then Hernandez snaps and grabs one of the security guys and border tosses him through the table (this way you can do something awesome and don't risk a top guy getting hurt). Bischoff suspends Hernandez for his actions for a month. (But replay the event every week on Impact and keep it fresh in fans minds. SELL IT as if Hernandez put the security guy in a wheel chair.) And when Hernandez comes back a month later, he squashes everyone he faces in 2 minute matches for the next 3 months. Feed him every X Division and mid card guy they have, hell bring in some jobbers and do have some old school MONSTER vs. 3 Jobbers squash matches.

Come on TNA. It's not that fucking hard. Took me about 30 seconds to give Hernandez a program to get him over as one of the top monster guys in the business. What teh fuck you been doing the last 6 months?!!

This way you don't need to pay someone like Goldberg a ton of money AND you have a star for years to come that will bust his ass for TNA.

Although not to get too off topic, I do have to give TNA credit for getting the Pope over tonight at the ppv. Sweet stuff.

This would never work for two reasons:

1. TNA would never be able to pay Goldberg for what he THINKS he is worth. His ego is just too big. They would have to release several talents just to make up for it.

2. They already have one liability on their hands with a history of injuring other performers (Ken Anderson). They would be stupid to allow two uncoordinated meatheads in the ring endangering the real talents. Anderson can't even catch the mic half the time when it drops from the ceiling.

Personally, I have almost ZERO interest in a returning Goldberg. I'd much rather see TNA use the excessive amount required to bring him in on promotion, taking their PPVs and TV tapings outside of Orlando and developing the talent they already have.

With fan reactions to Herndandez or Morgan, both men are VERY capable of being developed into the next Goldberg-style character. All that is needed is to allow either man to begin a streak that seems almost unstoppable. They have tested each, and the audience is EXTREMELY supportive of this style of character development for both.

Of course, I'd suggest TNA squandered their best prospect for this. Nigel Guiness, AKA, Desmond Wolfe entered TNA as a powerhouse to be contended with. His early victories over Angle shocked the wrestling community and he could have extremely easily been placed on an absolute rampage through TNA's roster with the question becoming "Who can stop Desmond Wolfe?" Instead, they gave him a series of impressive wins...then started jobbing him out.

Yes, I definitely think a returning Goldberg would draw immediate interest and, quite possibly, short-term ratings. However, I don't think it's a lasting solution. Bill Goldberg has proven that he is a very different creature than he was early in his WCW career. These days, it's much more about the all-mighty dollar than it is about putting on a great wrestling show, and as a long-time viewer of pro wrestling, I have no desire to support (or interest in seeing) someone whose heart isn't in it for the fans.

WWE WASTED GOLDBERG MISERABLY, SO I JUST FOUND THAT INSANE THAT LINDA SAID THAT. Her senate campaign is the real waste. McMahon paid millions for goldberg to somehow get pedigreed and jumped every week so who was the real waste. Sure he wasn't mobile and flashy, alot of wrestlers weren't but he drew ratings and interest and also dollars. Also he wasnt the first wrestlers to ever end someones career. Botchtista is very irrelevant of all people. This guy hates to lose, at times has even refused to lose. The same guy who botches everything known to man, the same man that when forced to lose he starts talking about retirement, the same man who was suppose to lose to cena at summerslam 08 but got that fixed. WTF. NO one man can draw ratings in tna. The cure for tna is a deep and flexible roster. Their ratings would go up huge once they overcome the thin roster, the more people they add the more the ratings would go up. I believe goldberg would be a nice pickup for tna if he is utilized correctly and dont just put him in some bs match or storyline.

WWE WASTED GOLDBERG MISERABLY, SO I JUST FOUND THAT INSANE THAT LINDA SAID THAT. Her senate campaign is the real waste. McMahon paid millions for goldberg to somehow get pedigreed and jumped every week so who was the real waste. Sure he wasn't mobile and flashy, alot of wrestlers weren't but he drew ratings and interest and also dollars. Also he wasnt the first wrestlers to ever end someones career. Botchtista is very irrelevant of all people. This guy hates to lose, at times has even refused to lose. The same guy who botches everything known to man, the same man that when forced to lose he starts talking about retirement, the same man who was suppose to lose to cena at summerslam 08 but got that fixed. WTF. NO one man can draw ratings in tna. The cure for tna is a deep and flexible roster. Their ratings would go up huge once they overcome the thin roster, the more people they add the more the ratings would go up. I believe goldberg would be a nice pickup for tna if he is utilized correctly and dont just put him in some bs match or storyline.

I understand and respect your opinion but I certainly don't think that they need a bigger roster. There are already many wrestlers in TNA who haven't been shown on tv in literally weeks. They would have to add at least one other weekly program just to feature all the talent they have now on a regular basis. Oh yeah, it would also help if they didn't have 10 segments on every Impact of people going in and out of Hogan's/Bischoff's office.

I think that if used correctly, Goldberg could be huge for the TNA...

1. Morgan is the next Goldberg.. he has all the tools to be it, TNA just has to do it. He needs that little extra push to put him over the top though.

Bring in Goldberg. Let Goldberg dominate the TNA like the WCW days. He is beating everyone, destroying all obstacles in his path...leads to him and AJ. Let Goldberg win the title from AJ. This won't be that big of a blow to AJ right now, because he is a heel.. it won't hurt his value as much to drop the title. At the same time Morgan goes on a similar rampage. He is beating everyone, a very similar streak to Goldberg.

Tease Goldberg and Morgan. Let them eye each other as they walk past each other backstage...show one of them watching the other's match on a tv backstage... lots of little things, but don't rush into it. Give them both ample time to build an impressive unstoppable streak. Then have Morgan get his biggest victory yet in a number one contender match...maybe like a fatal fourway or some kind of multiple superstar match where he outlasts the superstars.

Then as Morgan is celebrating... Goldberg comes down to the ring and spears Morgan. Lays him out bad after his brutal match. Then stares him down with his psychotic smile and yells your NEXT and leaves Morgan laying in the ring. Its important that neither of these guys is a face or a heel..they are just unstoppable monsters that don't give a damn who is in their way and will hurt anyone. Let Morgan sit out a couple of shows..Goldberg gets comfortable, then after he successfully defends the title in a big match on Impact or a PPV, Morgan comes out of the crowd and pounces on Goldberg. His turn to lay Goldberg out...then Morgan stares at him while he is layed out as the show goes off.

Play this thing out big.... have Hogan conduct a contract signing and everything... a couple of fights between these guys that has to be broken up over the weeks leading to the big fight. I'm fairly new to TNA, but I think Bound for Glory is maybe like the equivalent to Wrestlemania for TNA? Whatever the big PPV is, this is where this match needs to take place if there is ample time for the big buildup of the streaks.

Then the big match takes place... this can be the match that the Brock Lesnar Goldberg match should have been. Have Morgan beat Goldberg cleanly in the match to become the new TNA Champion and end Goldberg's streak. I was a pretty big Goldberg fan back in the day and if I'm not mistaken, I don't recall anytime that Goldberg has been completely cleanly pinned without some sort of interference, freak thing happening or something to call into question whether it was a clean win. Let Morgan be the first ever to accomplish this and at the same time win the title... He instantly becomes a MEGA STAR.

I think you have to have Goldberg for this..he is the ultimate test.. he is probably the most dominant wrestler ever. I can't remember anyone else u ever completely dominating like he did. Some of you might not like the man, but you can't deny the ratings he brought in and the huge impact he could have on someone's career (Morgan) if used properly.

Let's look at the WWE attitude Era and the timeframe when the took back the Ratings from the NWO and WCW.

During that time, the WWE took a few homegrown stars such as Bret Hart and Shawn Michaels and mixed them in with some Rejects from WCW to retake the lead in the ratings from WCW. Guys like Triple H, Steve Austin, and Mick Foley were originally in WCW and weren't seen as star material. They were stuck behind Flair, Sting, Hogan, etc. Then next wave of guys came over because they were stuck. Guys like Jericho, Eddie Guerrero, Rey Mysterio, and Chris Beniot. They were behind Hall, Nash, Flair, and Hogan. At that time, it seemed like the WWE knew when to cut its losses and find blossoming stars elsewhere.

Can TNA copy the WWE's formula. The WWE has its Main Event picture pretty well established at this point. Cena, Jericho, Edge, Orton, Batista, HHH, HBK, and the Undertaker all seem to have a firm grasp on the Main Event picture for the foreseeable future. Instead of cutting their losses and releasing the Undertaker or telling HBK to hang em up, they have been letting guys like Helms, Burchill, Hardy, Anderson, Dinero, and Matt Morgan walk away.

Can TNA take these releases find their true niche and build success? Clearly TNA is not at the level WWE or WCW was when the Monday Night Wars were going on, but it is the only real option out there right now. If they were to find the next Stone Cold Steve Austin in the left overs could they gain enough ground to mount an attack on the ratings.

Personally, I think TNA should jump on Paul Burchill, Gregory Helms, Ken Doane, and DJ Gabriel. I think these guys could all find a niche in TNA. Burchill was very entertaining in FCW as the dangerous man character. I watched a few episodes and really saw some potential there.

Do you think that is the route to go? Should they continue to push the originals? I think AJ Styles and Samoa Joe can be the originals to mesh with some newcomers. Roode, Storm, Shelley, Daniels, and Kaz could be great to go with them too. Right now though, I would let the Nasty Boys, Dudleys, and a few others who are past their primes go. I would bring in a few free agents to fill the spots and try to find the next gem...

I think TNA should keep bringing in new free agents. Let's be honest, it's making us watch. I know some people complain but people like Gregory Helms can be amazing. I think TNA should sign Kevin Thorne and have him do his Mordecai Gimmick. It was unreal and coulda been the next Undertaker if it was done right. I don't think TNA should just keep signing all the WWE talents but I think there are a few guys that get brushed under that TNA can do amazing with. Much like WWE. as much as people complain about TNA signing the WWE rejects lets be honest.. Chris Jericho current Heavyweight Champion of WWE is quite possibly the one of the top best and most talent person in WWE currently was a WCW reject...

Very good thread. I am all for TNA bringing in talent from WWE as long as they have POTENTIAL. TNA was smart for signing Mr. Anderson (a former WWE guy). The guy is golden on the mic, has good in ring skills, and has a lot of charisma. WWE was really dumb letting this guy go. All Kennedy was in WWE was a mid-carder at best. Now, in TNA, he is being pushed to the main event scene. To answer you question, if TNA were to sign the RIGHT guys, then yes, they could repeat WWE's success during the Attitude Era.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back