NXT Redemption Running Its Course?

End the Season/End the Show

• End the Season

• End the Show

Results are only viewable after voting.

DustyTheManiac

My Disciples Are With Me
With the 5th season of NXT surpassing its 43rd week, with the last rookie being eliminated on the 17th week. Do you feel that they should end this season, or end the show all together? I feel that they should just end the season because this season is getting a little old and there are more superstars/divas competing on the show than rookies. For me the concept of NXT is a great way to get development workers onto the main roster so I don't want to see WWE end NXT.

What are your thoughts?

I think they will use the new network to develop characters in different ways like tough enough. I would much rather they televise FCW on the network than continue with NXT because the show would give you the indy feel...to a certain degree.

They have no plans for the future of the show, but unfortunately they have a contract for NXT so they can't just stop making it. I don't know if it's on TV in the states, but in other countries like here in Canada it's on TV weekly. Although it may be a tired concept, their hands are tied

It been ran it's course. I stopped watching after the 20th week feeling this is what they got rid of ECW for yes it's WWECW but at least we seen people start to develop instead of stupid challenges. They should have stopped after season 2 or like season 1 have upper mid card and main event guys wrestle the NXT guys. Having guys like CM Punk,Jericho,Miz being involved was a good idea they got away from that,they didn't even have to wrestle just be involved.

They really do need to end this season. Hopefully once the WWE Network starts up, a new season of NXT will come along with it. Personally, I think they should do NXT Cruiserweights as the 6th season. It can be a mix of current WWE superstars and some guys from FCW. Start it out with a tournament and then the remaining 8 Superstars compete on the show with the winner of the season becoming the new WWE Cruiserweight Champion. No pros for this season either.

Curt Hawkins
Heath Slater
Hunico
Justin Gabriel
Sin Cara
Trent Baretta
Tyson Kidd
Yoshi Tatsu

This season needs to end. I think the reason that it hasn't is because WWE isn't 100% certain on whether Titus or Bateman are ready for Prime Time. After this season is over, they need to revamp the concept, and make it a show similar to Superstars, only allow guys that are just getting their call ups perform on it, or turn NXT and Superstars into what Heat and Velocity used to be, a B-Show to Raw and Smackdown.

They really do need to end this season. Hopefully once the WWE Network starts up, a new season of NXT will come along with it. Personally, I think they should do NXT Cruiserweights as the 6th season. It can be a mix of current WWE superstars and some guys from FCW. Start it out with a tournament and then the remaining 8 Superstars compete on the show with the winner of the season becoming the new WWE Cruiserweight Champion. No pros for this season either.

I'm sorry, but I can't agree with you here. Bringing back the Cruiserweight Division is not a good idea. Sure, you're going to get 1 really athletic match a week from that division, but after that, nothing. Look how WWE did the CW division before hand. Now look at the list of current champions in WWE. CM Punk is 218. Daniel Bryan is "210", Zack Ryder is 214, Cody Rhodes is 215, Evan Bourne is 165 and Kofi Kingston is 212. All of them are, what WWE considered when they had the division, Cruiserweights.

WWE has done a great job over the last few years giving smaller wrestlers the ball and letting them run with it. Sure, most of the wrestlers in WWE are larger, but when you look at the Roster of Champions, it shows that the division is not needed. It's an outdated practice in the American Wrestling Schene. Yes, you can bring up that the X-Division over on Impact Wrestling is now a Cruiserweight Title, but that isn't the answer to their ills as well.

IF NXT was to become a brand, that would be passable as this is basically has what happened already. However isn't this what FCW is for? I don't know which is worse NXT or XFL.

The WWE has gotten rid of the NXT concept and just made the show a poor excuse for a 3rd brand. I don't know why either. Unlike most people, I liked the challenges and the eliminations. Plus if the WWE puts FCW on TV, then that ruins the point of having it as a developmental territory. End this so called "season" and bring back the old NXT concept.

FCW will make NXT obsolete as soon as it starts showing on the WWE network. NXT is just a platform for their new talent to get some face time with the WWE viewers and test the water with them and FCW will fill that role nicely.

If you evaluate NXT from when it stopped being entertaining, it should have been cancelled after the first or second season.

I've read WWE has overseas commitments that keep NXT in production, in which case it's probably profitable to keep broadcasting. It's filmed before Smackdown (I believe), so the television crew and crowd is already there. If you can sell some filler you do before the real show and get paid for it, you might as well keep it going forever.

Obviously this season of NXT ran its course. It's 11 weeks away from having more episodes than the first four seasons COMBINED. It needs to end ASAP.

The concept is great, no question. The series shouldn't end. The problem is that you cannot keep calling up 8 new guys every 4 months. That's insane. That's not enough time for them to get ready in FCW.

What I'd do is alternate between a season of NXT and a season of Tough Enough. The shows are similar enough to run in the same time slot and replace one another, but different enough that they're clearly separate shows. They're both about young guys trying to make it, but Tough Enough is for rookies just trying to get WWE contracts while NXT is for guys with WWE contracts trying to get on the big show and earn a title shot. You could have some crossover too, with the better Tough Enough non-winners appearing on NXT a season or two later if they do well in FCW. You can film Tough Enough while NXT is on since it's all done in advance, while NXT is obviously live or close to it.

It been ran it's course. I stopped watching after the 20th week feeling this is what they got rid of ECW for yes it's WWECW but at least we seen people start to develop instead of stupid challenges. They should have stopped after season 2
i agree that it's been ran it's course and i think most of that started with the Diva NXT, then they had the one that no one really cared to watch, then came along the WORST season of NXT ever, NXT Redemption. i didnt mind at first because it was a way to see if the young talent was ready for the top shows and guys like Daniel Bryan and Wade Barrett showed us that they were and Otunga is used and even though his in ring skills kinda bite, i cant help but love to watch him get his behind kicked, the issue i had with NXT was that it was like another tough enough, just with storylines and had no championship belt, ECW at least had that, but i stuck with it because you had a winner who had something to shoot for, but this last season, it seems that they turned NXT Redemption into just another show only without a title belt because i dont even know who the rookies and pros are anymore, nor do i care, plus there's not been an elimination in forever that i dont even know what the show is about. i thought that the winner would be on the next season of nxt, but it looks as if this redemption season will keep going like the energizer bunny.

NXT in general has ran its course. Right now, by having this season drag on and on, they're just beating a dead horse. A fucking mutilated horse at that.

I think WWE is just trying to fulfill their commitments until the network launches next year. NXT has gone on for a very long time yet it has become a vehicle for guys like Jinder Mahal and Tyler Reks to have broadcasted matches in front of large crowds to develop their talent. No one watches NXT but I wouldn't be surprised if the match quality wasn't all that bad. They've certainly given the 3 guys left on the show a lot of time to develop characters, a luxury that most young talent don't get.

Man, NXT is so weird now. Like, never before has a wrestling show so succinctly portrayed the fact that the writers absolutely give zero shits about the product they're making. I don't understand why they don't hire some excited interns, or something, and let them write the show for college credit, or something. There's kind of no excuse for a mutli million dollar company to produce a show this poor. It's very befuddling.

I think they should end the show. It's of no use. It is another version of WWE Superstars but with more promos and story-lines. There are 4-5 men constantly fighting each other and this 5th season alone is going complete its anniversary. I would prefer WWE Superstars to be made a two hour mid-card show one hour each from Raw and Smackdown. It'd be better than this redemption crap. It needs to end already.

NXT runs it's course since Season 3. Season 1 was brilliant and showed how truly great the concept was and lead to The Nexus, the best WWE storyline of 2010 as well as introduce the WWE audience to guys like Bryan Danielson, Wade Barrett and Justin Gabrial. Season 2 brought in more great talent primarily Low Ki (or Kaval) but the fact that they did basically nothing with him until his quick release truly devalued NXT. Season 3 (The Diva Season) just sucked and the fact that AJ (who was clearly superior to the rest of the other diva rookies) didn't win let alone was not even been in the final just made the season into even more a joke than it was. Since than the show has been unwatchable and Season 5 (Redemption) is just a joke been used to fill TV slots for deals with international channels. NXT should just end... and soon.

I watching NXT for the first time in a long time this week and I wish I never.
First off the actual wrestling wasnt bad they started with gabrel and slater which pretty solid but after that it went down hill. It seems they have a storyline going between Bateman, Curtis and Maxine where there fighting over her and at the end of the show after bateman wins maxine kisses curtis so overall they should end this not only that only one of the rookies was in a match darren young did commentry and titus o neil was nowhere to be sense and side note darren young was also on superstars but there trying to win a contract with wwe it doesnt make sense

Talk about the understatement of the year.I honestly dont think people here watch it(sadly, i have no life so i do), because it is horrendous beyond words. The show features 3 rookies, none of whom is especially talented or worth noting, with rehased feuds of titus - young - bateman and some titties thrown in for bad measure.

At first it was ok because it gave some talented wrestlers a place to try and create a personality(an art seriously lost on tyson kidd), and todd grisham and regal would laugh at the pathetic mic work of the likes of titus oneal(probably one of the most untalented guys to come out of the wwe machine in recent years, including mason ryan) , which made it a bit campy and fun(think Mystery Science Theater 3000). Now it has none of that saving grace, as regal and grisham are gone, and striker & matthews are actually forced to pretend to like that shit.

Cancel, now(or bring back cole/grisham/regal whatever to make it a bit fun again)

You know personally they should have never started this NXT.

People tuned into seasons 1 and 2 the most, because guess who was in it, Daniel Bryan and Kaval. People who were world known. After that it became boring, season 3 being all divas did not help but made it worse. Isis might have made it better but not that much better. Granted she sucks in the ring, but i bet people would love to watch the show just to see a 6ft 8 diva destroy other small divas.

I personally think they should combine both Superstars and NXT, make it into a brand for younger stars, who move up from FCW and WWE can evaluate them on a show that more people watch.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back