NXT LD- 11/23/2010- 3 Remain, Who will win?

My reason to watch this show is over. Whoever voted off A.J., FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Let it be known future wrestlers: screw the whole getting better in the ring thing. Get a boob job and spend the time recovering from that and you'll have a job in WWE. I like Kaitlyn but saying AJ is less valuable than her is a damn joke.

Yep let's go with the model or the chick that has zero personality. Screw the chick that is different.

AJ is fucking sexy as hell, athletic, bubbly... but she's not at least 5'8" and hasn't been a professional footbal cheerleader or bodybuilder.

AJ is fucking sexy as hell, athletic, bubbly... but she's not at least 5'8" and hasn't been a professional footbal cheerleader or bodybuilder.

True. Instead we get Kaitlyn: another chick that can't do much other than look (very) good in a pair of shorts.

Damn I wanted to see a Naomi/Aj rematch as the match tonight was probably one of the best divas matches in years. :(

Check out my REVIEW in the NXT section. I think you'll find it appropriate. Commentary was the highest rate parted, then the Match with the bella twins.

True. Instead we get Kaitlyn: another chick that can't do much other than look (very) good in a pair of shorts.

I think the entire IWC is overreacting here. Here's the problem. I like AJ, as do most of you. The problem is that in no way, shape, or form could I take her seriously as a Diva at this point. I know she's different, but can you honestly tell me that you could see her in a match against Michelle McCool and that you could believe she could beat McCool. Because I can't.

The issue is that while she is getting better as a ring worker, so is everyone else. She has a finite limit in how far she can go though, since she kinda doesn't have the weight necessary to go places. Instead of hitting the gym hard to become a fierce competitor, she'd rather give the nerds in the IWC boners by saying she plays video games. She has a ceiling in terms of where her success could take her. Now let's size up the competition.

Naomi is the obvious favorite despite the "no personality" tag you have bestowed upon her. What separated her from the beginning is her fantastic athleticism that allows her to be a talent in the ring. She could easily match up against anyone at this point and if she wins NXT, she could very easily go to Raw and take on Natalya. I would believe that more than any other Diva on NXT.

Kaitlyn on the other hand is the potential laden one. She is built like Eve but possesses more personality in her pinkie than the sultry latina from LA. While Eve's natural athleticism made her a high flyer, Kaitlyn's personality is what may make her a huge star. I see Kaitlyn as someone on the Trish Stratus path, except that she was an athlete at some point in her life so she is miles ahead of Trish when she started. The girl literally has weeks of training under her belt and she already has comfort in front of a camera. As a character, she will definitely be useful, and you can bet that within a year or two, this girl will be leaps and bounds better in the ring.

These are two competitors with ceilings way higher than AJ. Despite the fact that some of you like her (me included), we have to be real and understand that she pigeonholed herself with the nerd gimmick. That and her diminutive stature really hold her back from being taken seriously. Now, either she can become Daniel Bryan's girlfriend so nerds can fall in love (on screen I mean), or the better option which I've said from the beginning is to drop the nerd act, turn her heel, say that she did all that because she thought it would help her win but now that she lost, it's time to embrace who she really is, and let her become a bitch from Jersey. Align her with Zack Ryder as the Tri-State connection and give Ryder a new found attitude. The two of them together could be awesome and I think she would play the Jersey girl role infinitely better than Cookie. I mean, we all know Ryder is miles ahead of Robbie E so it just makes sense.

Either way, in that regard she could thrive, but as a ditzy video game girl, she'd never be taken seriously. I doubt anyone wants that. Expect Naomi to win and challenge Natalya in the coming weeks. Could actually be decent I think.

As a Coloradan, I am so glad you said Eve was from LA.

I guess I don't get the butt hurt over AJ getting the axe. I don't think she presented herself very well. What she did in the ring really doesn't matter because on Raw or SD, they aren't going to get a lot of match or promo time. They tried to play the underdog card with her, but to be honest, I think she came across as more annoying than sympathetic. Every chance she got was "Imma nerd! Like me!" Oh, and that last promo she did was awful.

I am rooting for Kaitlyn. I really liked her match with Nikki last night.

I think the entire IWC is overreacting here. Here's the problem. I like AJ, as do most of you. The problem is that in no way, shape, or form could I take her seriously as a Diva at this point. I know she's different, but can you honestly tell me that you could see her in a match against Michelle McCool and that you could believe she could beat McCool. Because I can't.

That's ok because AJ Lee cut her teeth playing the underdog to Serena Deeb. She sells the offence then comes the fuck out of nowhere to hit/lock in her finisher, so believeability is irrelevent.

See:

[YOUTUBE]mZp9NTcqSAs[/YOUTUBE]

So in this hypothetical example, McCool has been getting the better of AJ the whole match. Sure, AJ's hit a few moves, maybe that wheelbarrow counter she hasn't used since Episode 1 (And shouldn't have been used on any FCW diva not named Serena) but ultimately gets shut down again and again. But then, AJ goes for a tilt-a-whirl and locks in thew octopus like she did on Tuesday. McCool trys to get to the ropes but can't make it. She's left with no choice but to tap. AJ wins in a believeable fashion.

The issue is that while she is getting better as a ring worker, so is everyone else. She has a finite limit in how far she can go though, since she kinda doesn't have the weight necessary to go places. Instead of hitting the gym hard to become a fierce competitor, she'd rather give the nerds in the IWC boners by saying she plays video games. She has a ceiling in terms of where her success could take her. Now let's size up the competition.

Thing is, that she actually is her gimmick. She isn't wearing an ear piece in the trivia contests, and she damn near burst into tears in her goodbye speach. She's not being a nerd to appeal to the fans. She actuially is a nerd. As for the weight, like I say, she's been playing the underdog in FCW since she joined FCW so it's a non issue.

Naomi is the obvious favorite despite the "no personality" tag you have bestowed upon her. What separated her from the beginning is her fantastic athleticism that allows her to be a talent in the ring. She could easily match up against anyone at this point and if she wins NXT, she could very easily go to Raw and take on Natalya. I would believe that more than any other Diva on NXT.

She's the favorite in the same way that Wade Barrett was the favorite in the NXT 1 finale. She's the only one TV ready right now so she should win.

Kaitlyn on the other hand is the potential laden one. She is built like Eve but possesses more personality in her pinkie than the sultry latina from LA. While Eve's natural athleticism made her a high flyer, Kaitlyn's personality is what may make her a huge star. I see Kaitlyn as someone on the Trish Stratus path, except that she was an athlete at some point in her life so she is miles ahead of Trish when she started. The girl literally has weeks of training under her belt and she already has comfort in front of a camera. As a character, she will definitely be useful, and you can bet that within a year or two, this girl will be leaps and bounds better in the ring.

Thing is though, potential just means you're shit now with potential to be less shit in the future. She is nowhere near ready enough to be on TV and getting a title shot so it's a waste to even have her in the final. For the same reason that I said Otunga shouldn't win, neither should Kaitlin.

These are two competitors with ceilings way higher than AJ.

Debateable. THere's always a nische for an underdog in a division. Ask Rey Mysterio.

Despite the fact that some of you like her (me included), we have to be real and understand that she pigeonholed herself with the nerd gimmick. That and her diminutive stature really hold her back from being taken seriously. Now, either she can become Daniel Bryan's girlfriend so nerds can fall in love (on screen I mean), or the better option which I've said from the beginning is to drop the nerd act, turn her heel, say that she did all that because she thought it would help her win but now that she lost, it's time to embrace who she really is, and let her become a bitch from Jersey.

She's doing that in FCW (more because she and Naomi ARE the FCW divas division in the same way that she and Serena were up until june). Is she any good at it? You be the judge.

(skip to 6:50)

[YOUTUBE]X1Yz0C2sTsA[/YOUTUBE]

Align her with Zack Ryder as the Tri-State connection and give Ryder a new found attitude. The two of them together could be awesome and I think she would play the Jersey girl role infinitely better than Cookie. I mean, we all know Ryder is miles ahead of Robbie E so it just makes sense.

Or alternatively you could let her play the character she does well with, rather than a contrived one and let her play the role she's perfected as the underdog of the divas division who's just out there living her dream.

Either way, in that regard she could thrive, but as a ditzy video game girl, she'd never be taken seriously. I doubt anyone wants that. Expect Naomi to win and challenge Natalya in the coming weeks. Could actually be decent I think.

Funny story. AJ Lee's actually had a match with Natalya. Quite a good one actually.

[YOUTUBE]b5LPmVMypew[/YOUTUBE]

Irrelevent to what you're saying but it does kind of show that AJ would fit into the current divas division. as someone who'll take whatever Natalya dishes and keep coming back for more because she has wanted the gold (well a silver butterfly, if we're being technical) she's holding for her entire life. would she dominate or dictate the flow of their matches? No but she'd damn sure have good matches and fit right in to the division.

Naomi would fit into the division too, not denying that, but AJ Lee is better than her in the ring, plays a better character and has her own unique (to the division) nische. Naomi is flat out an inferior choice to win. Kaitlin should have been eliminated. But she'll win because she's hotter. NXT season 3 is doomed to be the only season where the right person doesn't win.

Let it be known future wrestlers: screw the whole getting better in the ring thing. Get a boob job and spend the time recovering from that and you'll have a job in WWE. I like Kaitlyn but saying AJ is less valuable than her is a damn joke.

Couldn't have put it better myself.

The one thing I can't understand about WWE's women's divison is why don't they go out on any sort of limb. Actually that's not true, I completly understand, but I fucking hate it.

AJ is trying to break a mold of what a female is in this buisness is. Only to have everything she is trying to fight beat her. This really discourgas me. I see clearly now that women will never go anywhere in this buisness. They will always be held as nothing more than eye candy.

Fuck NXT. Fuck WWE creative. Fuck the stupid ***** who say we're over reacting. AJ deserves better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back