NWO in HOF?

Dr. Mantis Toboggan, M.D.

Dog The Bounty Hunter
With this years Hall of Fame we are seeing the first ever introduction of an entire faction, The Four Horsemen, featuring Barry Windham, JJ Dillon, Tully Blanchard, Arn Anderson, and of course Ric Flair. I was thinking-- what if the NWO were inducted as a group somewhere down the line? They have enough importance as the Horsemen and made history in the wrestling world.
I think they should be sometime in the near future, but I believe it should only be Nash, Hall, and Hogan. They made being a bad guy cool.

My questions being-
1. Do you think the NWO should be inducted as a whole in the HOF?
2. And which incarnation should be inducted?

PS mods sorry if this is in the wrong section feel free to move if needed

This is a pretty simple one.

1. YES ... the nWo is without question one the top 3 factions of all time, if not the top one.

2. The ONLY incarnation that could be inducted should be the original three. Scott Hall, Kevin Nash and Hulk Hogan.

2. The ONLY incarnation that could be inducted should be the original three. Scott Hall, Kevin Nash and Hulk Hogan.

I'm going to have to add one more person to this.

It should be Scott Hall, Kevin Nash, Hulk Hogan, and Eric Bischoff. As much as don't like Eric, especially with what he is doing right now in TNA, his joining with the NWO was the first time we really saw that bad guy GM roll and he is responsible for creating that mainstay in professional wrestling because of his time with the NWO.

Do I think the NWO should be inducted as a whole in the HOF??

Yes!!

And which incarnation should be inducted??

nWo Original incarnation
Hollywood Hogan (leader), Kevin Nash, Scott Hall, Ted DiBiase (left), The Giant (kicked out of the group), nWo Sting, Syxx (fired), Vincent, Nick Patrick (kicked out of the group), Miss Elizabeth, Eric Bischoff, Buff Bagwell, V.K. Wallstreet (left), Masahiro Chono, Big Bubba Rogers (left), Scott Norton, Randy Savage, Dennis Rodman, The Great Muta, Konnan, Curt Hennig, Rick Rude, Dusty Rhodes, Scott Steiner, Brian Adams

nWo Japan Also known as nWo Typhoon, they wrestled in New Japan Pro Wrestling
Masahiro Chono (leader), Keiji Mutoh (also wrestled as The Great Muta), Hiro Saito, Hiroyoshi Tenzan, Satoshi Kojima, nWo Sting, Buff Bagwell, Scott Norton, Michael Wallstreet, AKIRA, Tatsutoshi Goto, Michiyoshi Ohara, Brian Adams, Big Titan

nWo Hollywood Also known as "nWo Black and White"
Hollywood Hogan (leader, stopped being leader after he announced his retirement), Scott Hall (kicked out of the group), Bret Hart (associate member, nWo Hollywood recruiter), The Giant, Vincent, Eric Bischoff, Buff Bagwell, Scott Norton, Dennis Rodman (left), Brian Adams, The Disciple (left after being kidnapped by The Warrior), Dusty Rhodes (left), Scott Steiner (became leader after Hollywood Hogan announced his retirement), Horace Hogan, Stevie Ray, Miss Elizabeth, Curt Hennig, Rick Rude (left after being injured), nWo Sting (departed)

nWo Wolfpac Also known as "nWo Black and Red", a face incarnation that fought against the heel nWo Hollywood
Kevin Nash (leader), Randy Savage (left after being injured), Konnan, Lex Luger, Sting (left after being injured), (Other members included Scott Hall, Curt Hennig, Rick Rude and Miss Elizabeth, however, they defected back to nWo Hollywood)

nWo "Elite" Also known as "nWo Reunion" and/or "Mega nWo" and/or "nWo Wolfpac 1999"
Hollywood Hogan (leader), Kevin Nash, Scott Hall, Miss Elizabeth, Eric Bischoff, Buff Bagwell (kicked out of the group), Scott Steiner, Lex Luger, Disco Inferno (associate member), Konnan (kicked out of the group), David Flair (associate member), Samantha (associate member)

nWo "Black and White" The "B-Team" of the "nWo Reunion" faction
The Giant (departed), Curt Hennig (kicked out of the group), Vincent (left), Scott Norton (left), Brian Adams (kicked out of the group), Horace Hogan, Stevie Ray (leader, left)

nWo 2000 The traditional nWo logo was silver instead of white, and the catchprase "The Band is Back Together" was used
Bret Hart, Jeff Jarrett, Kevin Nash, Scott Hall, Scott Steiner, Ron and Don Harris

I would love for everyone to show up in the Hall Of Fame ceremony, scattered all over the arena that night. First I’d have Hogan, Nash, and Hall come up say a few words. Then have the Million Dollar Man and the Big Show come up and join them. Then I would have Syxx come out through the back, and then from there I would have everyone else who has ever worn an N.W.O. shirt to come up on stage, including Booker T. and Jeff Jarrett himself. I want the last person to come up to the stage to be Easy E, Eric Bischoff. I just want to hear his WWE Theme one more time. What an awesome moment that would be.

1. OBVIOUSLY, nWo is the most important faction of all time

2. Hall Nash Hogan, theres no debate on this at all really

and i think it should be done next year, eric bischoff should get hios own induction for his own accomplishments

Absolutely!

1. nWo changed the game in the Monday night wars.. made WWE go from taped to Live and a lot of what they did was ground breaking. They also made it cool to cheer the heels, they were really ahead of their time and the catalyst for the Attitude era. The nWo deserve it just as much as the 4 horsemen. (DX & Hart Foundation being the only other faction that is deserving as well, no more really)

2. As for who should be inducted.. Thats simple.. keep in mind.. The Kliq..
Nash, Hall, Hogan, X-Pac, Macho Man, and Eric Bischoff these guys were the REAL nWo ... (Maybe Bigshow too but he will get in on his own merit)

nWo 4 Life

Interesting note here, if they do this for DX I could see X-pac being in both HOF being the first person to be in two factions for the HOF. Whats funny about this is I can't see him in there as a singles wrestler. (then again there is the KoKo B. Ware debate and he was definatly better than KoKo)

Yes, they should be inducted if the E continues to induct stables.

Who? Hogan, Hall and Nash for sure, but I disagree that it ends there. DiBiase was a big part of the original nWo. People don't remember this because they either weren't watching or let the later days of the nWo cloud their memory. DiBiase was originally brought in as the person who put the nWo together.

I'd also include Savage and Hennig as they were two HUGE parts of the nWo as wrestlers, playing pivotal roles in the major nWo storylines. Hennig's betrayal of the Horsemen really helped the nWo regain its heel heat in 97. Savage's got his career kickstarted again by going heel and giving us the awesome feud with Page and another feud with Hogan eventually.

Lastly, Bischoff. You could make the argument that he was the second most important man in the nWo behind Hogan after he joined. He definitely got the most heat in the end. As 1997 wore on, the nWo was getting face cheers as Hall and Nash were popular and cool, Hogan was turning cool with young fans, Savage was always well liked, etc. It was Bischoff that constantly stayed hot as a heel. He was smarmy and the fans loathed him. Until Hennig joined the nWo, Bischoff was really the only guy who generated universal heel heat with WCW crowds.

So: Hogan, Hall, Nash, Savage, Hennig, Bischoff and DiBiase.

This is a yes. The NWO turned the world of wrestling upside down and created a buzz like never before. It shoved back the curtian and had everyone in awe once Hall first showed up on Nitro. The addition of Nash, then Hogan, created many weeks of drama that had fans all over the world at the edge of their seats.

If it was to happen, it would be Hall, Nash and Hogan. Possibly Bischoff, but more likely the first 3. There were many big name stars to join later, but you cannot induct all of them. Just like the Horsemen, they picked the best incarnation and went with that.

Savage (mentioned in a post above) deserves to stand alone in the HOF- period. His legacy is much larger than his time in the NWO. He will always be just another star that was eventually incorporated into the NWO, but his legacy will be remembered for his time in the WWF. Savage deserves his own spot.

Both Hall and Nash deserve to be inducted as singles wrestlers. They both were top stars in the 90s. Both if they are not going to induct them individually they should do it as a stable. If the can get Flair to make a appearance while being under contract with TNA then they should be able to get Hogan.
The WWE could make a lot of money from inducting the nwo as well. They can sell T-Shirts and maybe come out with another DVD.

Yes the nWo should be inducted, but it can only be done properly once Hulk Hogan is done with TNA. I know they are probably going to let Flair appear at this years HOF ceremony, but Hogan is likely the one guy TNA would not want turning up on any WWE show.

I expect Hulk to be out of TNA in the next year or so, so its likely the nWo induction will occur. It needs to happen, as that faction was the catalyst for WCW's dominance in the mid to late 1990s during the Monday Night War.

Which incarnation? As with the Horsemen, only 1 version will get inducted and that HAS to be the original trio, Hollywood Hogan, Kevin Nash and Scott Hall. They were the nWo originals, they changed the game in professional wrestling and they are the only 3 that deserve entry.

Guys like Savage, Bischoff, Steiner, The Giant etc will be candidates for entry due to their own careers, they don't need inducting as secondary members of the nWo. I know Hogan is already in the HOF, and that Hall and Nash are worthy of induction for their own accomplishments, but if you want the nWo in the HOF then it needs to be the original 3 members, no more...no less.

With out question The nWo should be in the hall of fame, they were the most watched faction in the wrestling world, not only did Kevin Nash and Scott Hall defect to WCW from the WWF they had Hulk Hogan as there leader something no one ever saw coming and week after week they had new members in the group and like someone said the three originals Nash, Hall and Hogan should be the main guys. nWo also was in WWF for a short time but that version honestly sucked but the WCW one the real one should be the one to go in to the Hall point blank.

I think the nWo should be in the HOF. They helped WCW to take over the Monday Night Wars. When the WCW was winning for two years, the WWF had it backs to the walls. The WWF had to do something and changed to the "Attitude Era." The nWo was entertaining. The nWo made wrestling cool again! It felt like it was more realistic. In my opinion, they deserve it more then the Horsemen.

If i had to choose the nWo line-up to be inducted. I would choose: Hogan, Nash, Hall, Bischoff, The Giant.

Yes they should be inducted. The most important faction of all time. The originals of Hall, Nash, Hogan, plus Eric Bischoff should go in. Bischoff was a key member of the original NWO.

ABSOLUTELY 100% the NWO deserves and will be inducted. Vince is a good business man most of the time and he knows the NWO brand and name will get people to tune in. Honestly how many people will mark out like it is 1996 or 1997 when the NWO music hits and they walk on stage. Hell I'm a TNA fan but I will tune in to see them. As for what members go in. We all agree that Hogan, Hall and Nash will be part of the group. I would induct the group of the original 6 or 7 before it got way to big. Savage, Syxx, Bischoff, and Bischoff. I know Buff Bagwell and Konnan were in the NWO for a long time but does Konnan or Bagwell really need to be in there? Ted Diabise maybe also but that is up for debate. He is good enough to go in on his own.

Yes. They revolutionized the wrestling industry when it was stale and hadn’t changed in ages. The NWO was huge. They could draw too. They had everybody; really they had 80% of everybody at one time. But anyway. They had a great feud with WCW and the effect made WCW have a even greater feud with WWE. So the real question would be why wouldn’t they be? Just look at the main people or leaders of the group. They are probably one of the best stables or fractions ever. I mean the 4 Horsemen made it in. Dare I say over all they were better than the Horsemen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back