Will Evolution ever go to the Hall of Fame?

Youngsleez

Occasional Pre-Show
The 4 Horsemen has been inducted into the Hall of Fame, no doubt in my mind DX (HHH, X-pac, HBK, and the New Age Outlaws) and the NWO (Hogan, Hall, Nash) one day will be inducted. Do you feel that Evolution (HHH, Flair, Batista, and Orton) will ever be inducted in the WWE Hall of Fame?

Yeah, totally, why wouldn't they? I don't like the idea of people entering the Hall of Fame multiple times, I don't see the point of that. But I have no doubt that Triple H, Batista and Orton are hall of famers in the making. I can understand having the Hall of Fame recognise a group of people who are already in the Hall of Fame, but I don't see why having Ric Flair enter 3 times makes any sense, he's a hall of famer and a hall of famer and probably... A hall of famer. Each member of Evolution will make it into the hall of fame, together? Probably not. But they will recognise Evolution as a hall of fame stable.

Absolutely. Evolution was one of the best stables in wrestling history and one I look back on very fondly. You had such a great theme in showing the past, present, and future represented within its members. Flair as the mentor representing the past, Triple H the leader representing the present, while Orton and Batista the protege's were representing the future. Batista and Orton both went on to dominate the main event scene so that ended up being accurate as after the stable split Batista dominated Smackdown from 2005-2010 while Orton has been dominant both on Raw as a top heel, on Smackdown as its top face, and remains one of WWE's more popular wrestlers today.

This was an extremely successful stable with a rather memorable run. Flair is already in and the others would be future candidates that I highly doubt anyone would ever argue should go into the Hall of Fame on their own some day. If they do go in as the Evolution stable, it likely won't be for a rather long time. Flair has gone in twice while Trips, Orton, and Batista all still have a good while until they could be considered completely done. I think that they will wait a good while so that the younger guys will not end up akwardly being Hall of Famers when they still have plenty of time left during their in-ring careers. Evolution will be a Hall of Fame team in the future, but several years down the line.

Yes they do belong but I wouldn't induct them for quite a while yet. Evolution was one of the most successful stables of the 2000s because it achieved everything it set out to do, which was

1) Disguise Triple H's weaknesses - HHH had returned from his quad tear in 2002 carrying far too much muscle mass. By the summer of 2003 he began developing a series of haematomas in his legs that eventually forced HHH to drop the excess weight and by early 2004 he had returned to form
2) Provide a relevant role for Ric Flair. The role of manager/mentor/interference runner allowed Flair to be on TV every week without having him wrestle a full schedule
3) Elevate Randy Orton & Batista to main event status and have them remain there for the rest of their careers.

They do belong in the HOF but there are problems. For his achievements in wrestling Triple H deserves to be inducted by himself before he is inducted as part of a group and then when he is inducted as part of a group it should be part of DX first. Flair is already a 2 time HOF member, I'm not sure he needs to be inducted again. WWE does not like to induct active roster members into the HOF, Randy Orton only turns 33 years old in April (Seeing as he's been on the roster so long it easy to forget how young he is) and could wrestle on for another 8-10 years barring injury or firing and again should be inducted for his own achievements first. Batista may yet return to WWE (though I do find that doubtful) and would be affected by the same reasons as Orton. I can see Evolution being inducted but not for at least a decade or more

Yes, Flair and Triple H will be the only 3-time HOFers in WWE history. Unless they ever induct The Rockers to make Shawn a 3-timer, but I don't see that happening. Although it should, if even Koko B. Ware can get in. I never knew until I watched the Shawn Michaels DVD that The Rockers were actually tag team champions after defeating The Hart Foundation on Saturday Night's Main Event. Unfortunately, the top rope broke during the match so it never aired, and they pretended the title change never happened.

They should go just to get Batista & Orton in the HOF because neither one should make it alone. When I think of Hall Of Fame... we're talking guys who drive the car. Not Goldberg, but DDP & Sting... Not Brock Lesnar, but well see below

Wrestlers who deserve Hall Of Fame Rings
Undertaker
Triple H
The Rock
Chris Jericho

And everyone else who's been tragically waiting for the nod
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1150657-wwe-8-wrestlers-who-belong-in-the-hall-of-fame

In my opinion, as far as Stables go, I think the Four Horsemen, the New World Order, D-Generation X and, Evolution deserve to be in the Hall Of Fame. I even think the Main Event Mafia should be in the Hall OF Fame, and they weren’t even a WWE Stable.

See, Evolution is a mystery. Just kidding. To have a Stable where their manager is the greatest Heel of all time, their leader only does what’s best for business, and their Mid-Carder and Tag Team enforcer are future multiple time WWE World Champions, how could you not put them on the same level as the Holy Trinity of Professional Sports Wrestling Entertainment fac-gimes?? The Horsemen had Paul Roma. The NWO had the “B-Team”. DX had Chyna. Evolution had no weak links. This is the only Stable in history that is comprised of ALL Hall Of Famers. Think of the 1992 Dream Team. Even Christian Laettner is in the Naismith Hall.

Plus I think it would be wonderful to give Flair a 3rd nod into the HOF. It should be a running joke to coincide with however many World Championship Flair has had. It’s not 16, it’s more like 20-24.

I think Evolution will go in, but I want to see the New D-Generation X World Order inducted first.

I do not believe they belong in the HOF as a stable. I do believe Orton will likely go in, HHH will definitely go in, Flair is already in...Batista maybe not so much.

They were a fine stable but the whole was not all that much greater than the sum of its parts, at least not greater enough to warrant being in the HOF.

they probably will because of triple h is married to the bosses daughter, but in no way should they ever be inducted. They didn't have the impact of a nwo, dx, or four horseman. They were a repeat stable. It was just triple h wanting to know what it was like to be in the 4 horseman as ric flair(with ric flair). It was really nothing special. Tell me one moment that was special. And i mean as a group.

I don't think Evolution belongs in the Hall of Fame, despite strong cases being made for each of its members. The cohesive unit was not historically relevant. They had some moments; but, "some moments" does not a Hall of Fame induction make. Each member can make a case for themselves...and some don't have to--it's obvious. But, the unit as a whole has no business being inducted.

And you people need to drop the Koko B Ware comments. I'm not defending his induction. But, he and Drew Carey are the popular choices for poo-pooing the HOF. Enough already! You can compare a lot of people to Koko and put them in based on this comparison. But, that is compounding a mistake (if you believe Koko being inducted is a mistake) A comparison to the HOF's "weakest" member is making the HOF less and less credible. Get over it! You sound like fools. "If Koko can get in, why can't XXXX?" "I mean Koko B Ware made it..." "You're telling me XXXX isn't better than Koko B Ware?" SHUT UP!!! Koko contributed musically, marketing-wise, fan interaction-wise...he brought plenty to the midcard, which is severely underlooked on these vanilla forums. Not everyone is an HBK or Bret Hart. That's what makes them so great. But the lesser pieces contributed to a great time in WWF. You and your tireless "Demolition was a rip off of Road Warriors", "Savage Steamboat was the greatest/was overrated", "Austin can thank the Kliq for the MSG stunt" GET AN ORIGINAL IDEA IN YOUR HEAD AND BRING IT TO THE FORUMS. You cookie cutter, repetitive, arguing with yourself lowlifes are pathetic. Gee, can't wait to read how bad WrestleMania 9 was later today...that hasn't been beat to death.

I say no, just because the only 2 moments that stick out in my mind are:

1) Walking out with every title at Armageddon

2) Beat down of Randy Orton (With was really nothing that special)

So no, I can't say Evolution belongs in the Hall of Fame, but a good case can be made for Orton and Batista as single competitors (Not including HHH because that's a given)

They should go just to get Batista & Orton in the HOF because neither one should make it alone. When I think of Hall Of Fame... we're talking guys who drive the car. Not Goldberg, but DDP & Sting... Not Brock Lesnar, but well see below

Wrestlers who deserve Hall Of Fame Rings
Undertaker
Triple H
The Rock
Chris Jericho

Well, to quote the current WWE Champion, "It doesn't matter what you think." Regardless of how you feel about who should be in the Hall of Fame, the fact remains that the WWE Hall of Fame has inducted the likes of Koko B. Ware, George Steele, Jim Duggan, Greg Valentine, the Junk Yard Dog and Bob Orton. Clearly, the WWE is a bit more open as to who "deserves a Hall of Fame Ring."

Now, if you can look at that list, and tell me that Batista and Randy Orton - two guys who won a combined 16 World Titles between them - won't get in on their own, then you're crazy. The only thing that could possibly keep them out is their relationship with the McMahon family (Vince, Stephanie, Triple H).

And that's why I say absolutely NO to Evolution. Inducting Evolution would make Flair a three-time inductee ... Triple H a three-time inductee (solo, DX, Evolution) ... and Orton and Batista two-time inductees. At a point, it's overkill.

And that's not even mentioning the fact that I think Evolution is a grossly overrated stable that is remembered for being more than they were. They weren't the Four Horsemen. They weren't the NWO. Hell, they weren't even DX. If the WWE is going to go the route of inducting stables - then those are the ONLY three North American stables that should even be given consideration for the Hall of Fame (and I only include DX in that group due to their impact on ratings during the Monday Night Wars.)

Sometimes, I read threads about Evolution and I feel like I'm going crazy. How does everyone else remember the stable as something more than I remember it - a group that struggled to gain any traction during its first year, and then failed in its primary objective (keeping the title on Triple H) during its second year.

Evolution - as a foursome - started in February 2005. Soon after it was formed, Batista AND Orton were both injured, and the group wasn't "reformed" until Batista returned in late October. Even then, the faction was still barely a faction as Batista was an after thought, and Orton was competing in a 5-on-5 S.S. team that consisted of no other Evolution members. It wasn't until December when the faction finally started gaining any steam (10 months after it was "formed").

I'll agree with the board when I say that Evolution was one of - if not THE - strongest booked stables in history for a very brief time when they held the World Title, IC Title and Tag Titles simultaneously. But that dominance really ended at 'Mania when Triple H lost his World Title to Chris Benoit. And while Orton kept the IC Title through July, the stable - as a foursome - dissolved a month later when Orton took the title from Benoit and Triple H turned on him. So pretty much - while most people remember this stable as lasting a long time - the Evolution that people remember was really around for less than 9 months.

I get it when people discuss how the group consisted of four former or future World Champions. But to me, that's not enough to warrant them being inducted as a group. Hell, the Corporation had seven future or former World Champs (Triple H, Rock, Big Show, Shawn Michaels, Kane, Sgt Slaughter and Vince) - the Corporate Ministry had five (Taker, Triple H, JBL, Faarooq, Vince) - and I don't think either of those groups should ever be considered for the Hall of Fame. (For fun, The Dungeon of Doom had three ... Big Show, Vader, Luger)

All that said - I'm sure Evolution will be inducted as a stable some day. The group was the brainchild of Triple H, and he'll be making the HOF decisions before too long. And again, I'll point to the list I posted above ... if Koko B. Ware can be inducted into the Hall of Fame once, then there's no reason Triple H won't put himself in three times.

I don't think they had the longevity to be put in as a stable, but all four of them deserve to be put in the HOF as single's. Flair is obviously already there.

Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed Evolution. It definitely served all the purposes that it set out to. My issue is you don't see anyone wearing Evolution shirts, or chanting Evolution when any of them come out. And that's why I draw the line.

Years and years after the original nWo was formed you STILL see people wearing the shirts. Years and years and years after the original formation of the Horsemen you still see people shooting up the 4 fingers.

Evolution was a great way to elevate Orton and Batista. However they didn't really reach true drawing status until they left Evolution and feuded with Triple H.

As far as D-X goes, I would put them in the HoF, and the same goes for the nWo. But I just don't think Evolution was successful enough to be held in the same ranks as the Horsemen, D-X, and nWo. If they had lasted longer than they did and had more high-profile feuds there would be no argument from me.. and again I feel like all of them should go in for their solo careers.

I don't think so, they really didn't do anything, the whole Evolution was purely Triple H's title run and building Orton and Batista into future stars, then again if they inducted the N.O.D then Evolution would be a shoe in.

and infact Nation of Domination actually did more for the products future if you look it in building stars way, D'Lo, Mark Henry and The Rock all became household names as a result of being in Nation of Domination and to a lesser extent The Godfather, and yeah i know who was the leader but he was already a legend..

I don't think they had the longevity to be put in as a stable, but all four of them deserve to be put in the HOF as single's. Flair is obviously already there.

Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed Evolution. It definitely served all the purposes that it set out to. My issue is you don't see anyone wearing Evolution shirts, or chanting Evolution when any of them come out. And that's why I draw the line.

Years and years after the original nWo was formed you STILL see people wearing the shirts. Years and years and years after the original formation of the Horsemen you still see people shooting up the 4 fingers.

Evolution was a great way to elevate Orton and Batista. However they didn't really reach true drawing status until they left Evolution and feuded with Triple H.

As far as D-X goes, I would put them in the HoF, and the same goes for the nWo. But I just don't think Evolution was successful enough to be held in the same ranks as the Horsemen, D-X, and nWo. If they had lasted longer than they did and had more high-profile feuds there would be no argument from me.. and again I feel like all of them should go in for their solo careers.

Well there's fat chance of the New World Order being inducted in the forseeable future, unless they just use Nash and The Big Show. Hall is surely too much of a PR risk, Bischoff and Hogan's chances of ever coming back to WWE any time soon if ever at all are slim to bupkiss, tho it deserves a spot if DX and the 4 Horseman are in.

and infact Nation of Domination actually did more for the products future if you look it in building stars way, D'Lo, Mark Henry and The Rock all became household names as a result of being in Nation of Domination and to a lesser extent The Godfather, and yeah i know who was the leader but he was already a legend..

How did the Nation of Domination do more for building stars? D'Lo Brown and Mark Henry neither one did anything worthwhile while they were in the Nation, unless you count being meat shields for Faarooq to guys like Ahmed Johnson, Legion of Doom, and Steve Austin after The Rock joined.

The Nation of Domination didn't make the Rock a star either, he hit the IC title ceiling with them, and became a star after with the Corporation.

D'Lo Brown never has and never will be a household name. His only claim to fame was winning the European title, and overselling it. Then there was that extremely forgettable tag team he had with Chaz. So yeah, Nation didn't do anything to make D'Lo a household name. Hence why he's in TNA now and has a backstage role for the most part. Being a household name means you can draw some money; D'Lo Brown draws zero dollars.

Mark Henry didn't become a star with the Nation. He became a star after he left the Nation and did his own thing with the "Sexual Chocolate" gimmick... and even then he was never anything more than a mid-card act. Henry hit his stride with the World Heavyweight title run and his "Halls of Pain" after years and years of service to the company. And honestly Henry didn't need to be in the Nation, he already had his power-lifting and "World's Strongest Man" shtick to make him a mid-carder.

Hell, the guy that formed the Nation arguably didn't even become a star out of it. Faarooq got way more over as a member of the Acolytes/APA then he did as the leader of the Nation.

Maybe I'm missing something but the Nation to me came across as the whipping boys of the WWF, and the only person who was elevated by them was The Rock getting to IC title level and arguably Ahmed Johnson for how often he buried them.

Evolution bred two future multi-time world champions, and also housed a world champion at their height.. So no, the Nation of Domination did not do more to create stars.

Sadly I believe they will go into the the hall of fame, I will always consider them a second rate horsemen they were only there to stroke HHH ego and yes even if ric flair is in the group it can still be a ripoff

I don't see them ever going in as a group, it makes absolutely no sense. Flair got 2 rings because the rest of the horsemen wouldn't have gone in by themselves. Evolution has 4 guys that you could make a strong case for each going in by themselves and I would imagine a better likelihood of that happening than bringing them in as a group.

HHH will need to be inducted on his own before bringing in DX as a whole if he wants 2 rings. As of right now this looks unlikely as it seems they are getting ready to induct DX soon but hunter could go in soon as well. Flair was a special situation, don't expect it for everyone.

EDIT: Multiple rings I could imagine going to Flair, Michaels(DX), and Hogan (NWO).

Yes, Flair and Triple H will be the only 3-time HOFers in WWE history. Unless they ever induct The Rockers to make Shawn a 3-timer, but I don't see that happening. Although it should, if even Koko B. Ware can get in. I never knew until I watched the Shawn Michaels DVD that The Rockers were actually tag team champions after defeating The Hart Foundation on Saturday Night's Main Event. Unfortunately, the top rope broke during the match so it never aired, and they pretended the title change never happened.

ACTUALLY to be fair.
HHH- DX(rumored), The Cliq(rumored), By himself(100%), Evolution(100%) that makes HHH a 4x HoF person.
HBK- DX(rumored), The Cliq(rumored), by himself- 3x HoF person
Flair- Evolution, 4 Horsemen, Himself- 3x.

Unless I'm missing something this will make HHH the ONLY 4x Hall Of Famer in WWE HISTORY.

But yeah evolution will be in the HoF without a doubt.

Ric Flair is in for his own career and the Four Horsemen. Triple H will go in for his own career and D-Generation X. Randy Orton and Batista have both had HOF-worthy careers.

That said, inducting Evolution as a group would be overkill and you'd have people screaming that HHH is just stroking his own ego.

Yeah, totally, why wouldn't they? I don't like the idea of people entering the Hall of Fame multiple times, I don't see the point of that. But I have no doubt that Triple H, Batista and Orton are hall of famers in the making. I can understand having the Hall of Fame recognise a group of people who are already in the Hall of Fame, but I don't see why having Ric Flair enter 3 times makes any sense, he's a hall of famer and a hall of famer and probably... A hall of famer. Each member of Evolution will make it into the hall of fame, together? Probably not. But they will recognise Evolution as a hall of fame stable.

Maybe Ric Flair wants to tie his own record and become the only person inducted into the Hall of Fame...16 times.

On the topic, yes I think Evolution deserves to be in the Hall of Fame. In my opinion they're the best stable in WWE history (I always hated DX and always will, they're a second-rate nWo rip-off). Evolution made Batista and Randy Orton into stars practically overnight, kept Ric Flair healthier than he otherwise would have been by largely keeping him in tag matches, and gave every member of the group multiple championship reigns, most of which rather impressive. Few stables in wrestling history can make that claim.

I dont know if it will but they certanly deserve it. One of the most dominating stable that had very good storylining with whole "Past, present, future" and very good elevating around itself because if you look at it now, all four of them are probably future HoFamers(well Flair is two times HoF even now but you get the point :) )

Plus, one of my favorite video packages of all time is about Evolution. :p

[youtube]9z9lgggsP7c[/youtube]

Well by today's standards off getting into the Hall of Fame & the simple fact that WWE is eventually going to start running out of big names to headline the HOF, I think it is almost impossible that we won't see Evolution in the WWE HOF someday.

I usually defend the WWE HOF & say it's not just a complete joke like some people say it is but with the likes of Koko B. Ware in the Hall, are there any real standars for the WWE HOF? What is he in there for being on a few PPV's? He never main evented a show, won a title, nothing major at all, that's for sure. From that measuring stick guys like Hornswoggle & Santino are 3rd/4th ballot HOFer's that will be in within a decade or so & guys like Barry Horowitz & Trent Barretta are still possibilities when the WWE get's (REALLY) desperate. So, while I'm not just hating on the WWE HOF, realistically almost anyone can get in I think. Not to mention my point about WWE running out of HOF headliners, they will probably induct alot of groups & milk the true stars for everything their worth.

But IMO I don't think they should go in because I don't think WWE should induct groups or factions into the HOF, it should be based on a performers individual contributions to the buisness & I think it means ALOT more that way. Tag Teams are iffy seeing as a team like LOD was rightfully inducted together (still could have done it based on the individual) but for example the Funk Brothers DEFINATELY deserved to be inducted seperately.

And above all of my opinions of the WWE HOF itself & how or who they induct, I think Triple H, Batista & Randy Orton could all easily & should all easily be inducted by themselves & if Evolution is inducted it shouldn't be until years down the road when it is atleast the 2nd time for each man being inducted.

I don't see the need in HHH and Ric Flair getting three separate inductions into the hall of fame. I love them both but to one is enough. Orton and Batista will get inducted individually and will be more special because of it.

However, I can see those in charge induction Evolution into the HoF. They were a great stable and have star power meaning they will have to be inducted.

I don't think so, they really didn't do anything, the whole Evolution was purely Triple H's title run and building Orton and Batista into future stars, then again if they inducted the N.O.D then Evolution would be a shoe in.

You need to be slapped for thinking that the Nation of Domination did more than Evolution. Mark Henry didn't do shit for over a decade after they split up. Godfather was a curtain jerker and just somebody to pop the crowd. D'Lo Brown was a decent midcarder and we all know about the Rock.

For shame.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back