New Raw GM.

Well, it looks to be Falir, but I can always hope for Ted DiBiase Sr. or Mike Adamle.

What may happen is Teddy Long goes to RAW, Tiffany goes to Smackdown (Or they get a new GM), and Tommy Dreamer becomes ECW GM.

Cmon it cant seriously be Flair, Batista took Ortons punt and was out for 2+ months (storyline wise as he was injured proper i belive ?), HHH took Ortons punt and was out for 1 odd months, Vince took Ortons punt and was also out for round about 1 month, Shane took it and was also around 1 month i belive ?
And your sayin after just 2 weeks Flair, who is older, more fragile, more beet up and in worse condition than any of these guys will be back ? Surley WWE isnt this stupid are they, well to god id hope not it would make everyone else thats took Ortons punt look like ******.

Boy if Bischoff come down that ramp and said he was new GM i would mark out so bad, or even Paul Heyman to. However i dont actually have a clue who it might be , all signs DO point to Flair, but surley WWE isnt that stupid ..... Are they ?

Cmon it cant seriously be Flair, Batista took Ortons punt and was out for 2+ months (storyline wise as he was injured proper i belive ?), HHH took Ortons punt and was out for 1 odd months, Vince took Ortons punt and was also out for round about 1 month, Shane took it and was also around 1 month i belive ?
And your sayin after just 2 weeks Flair, who is older, more fragile, more beet up and in worse condition than any of these guys will be back ? Surley WWE isnt this stupid are they, well to god id hope not it would make everyone else thats took Ortons punt look like ******.

Boy if Bischoff come down that ramp and said he was new GM i would mark out so bad, or even Paul Heyman to. However i dont actually have a clue who it might be , all signs DO point to Flair, but surley WWE isnt that stupid ..... Are they ?

Yes they are and it would totally void the damaging effects of the Punt of Doom. Seriously, if Flair does come back like nothing happened or even a bandage on the head, Orton could never use that move and be taken seriously.

All signs point to Flair, no doubt about it. And he was fuckin boring as GM way back when. Eh, just bring in Million Dollar Man and make me happy.

To me it sounds like Flair will be there, you have three exacts points in regards to his return to television.

The WWE stopped flair from appearing at Ring Of Honor, they have aparently resigned the nature boy, Raws in his home state.

So obviously he is at the top of the candidates list, its a way to get him on tv and hopefully keep his retirement intact, Vickie is leaving the WWE also, so she probably gave notice prior to her leaving on Raw to leave the WWE with time to put together a short list.

Even so with the way things have been going in the biggest company in wrestling entertainment, Its going to be a huge surprise whomever they pick and i for one am glad the WWE is attempting to freshen things up, we will see on raw next week to see how this situation develops.

I would go with Flair as the likely choice here for the time being, because of where the show will be, the storyline in place surrounding the WWE Title picture (Evolution), and the timing.

However…

If I could pick the Red GM, I would go with either one of the following, in this order:
Vince Russo (Impossible, I know, but it would be new and he's the one who brought Raw to its “peak”)
Shane McMahon (2nd most possible choice as far as availability)
Eric Bischoff (I rather have him as the Blue GM, but they don’t need one right now, I guess)
Paul Heyman (I rather have him as the GM of the Black Show, but they don’t need one right now, I guess)

You know, what we’re all failing to think about is a Flair Heel turn. This could be the kind of thing that could turn Raw around. When Flair took control in WCW (kayfabe), the power got to his head and he ran with it, Horsemen style. Something like this could happen again, where he calls up his sons and has them face Legacy, only to form a stronger stable with Flair as the manager. Who knows. Let’s watch!!

I'm really hoping to all hell that it's not Flair. His promos have been so painful to watch. Especially his one a few weeks back, when he was reduced to "Hey Orton, you suck. Zoom...zoom....zoom..." with the occompanying awkward arm movement. Ugh. Not as bad as his more recent senile rantings, what with his pausing mid-promo to "Wooooo" for a cheap pop, but still. Horrible. Even worse than his stuff just before the retirement angle.

I'm hoping for McMahon to come on back. And wrangle Orton in so we can stop this horrible bleeding of ratings. But even if McMahon won't be stopping Orton, he's still the best bet. Anyone is better than Flair. And they could literally pull anyone. I didn't like Vickie as GM, but she was loads better than Flair would be.

Is there any chance that they make Batista general manager ?

Since he is still technically the champ, but is apparently injured, it would give him a role on Raw while he recovers from surgery.

Plus, if he at least makes appearances, he could hold on to the title for at least a few weeks until the eventual outcome becomes more clear.

He could come out and announce his injury, then setup a tourney for the belt which could culminate at The Bash. Unfortunately, there's only 19 days until The Bash, which means there are only two more Raw episodes. It would be incredibly hurried and more than likely a clusterfuck.

Like everyone else, I agree that all signs point to Flair, but it's been a 48 hour shock and surprise week for the WWE (at least in my eyes), so the obvious may not be so obvious at this stage.

If Triple H and Batista miss months due to the punt, shouldn't Flair be on his death bed? If he turned heel, I wouldn't mind seeing Flair as the GM. The thought of HBK or Chavo intrigues me. Of course Chavo would be filler but Michaels? Hmm... Honestly though, my money is on Vince. You know, the ratings are down, and he thinks he is solution.

I'd wager on Vince a little more. I feel like Flair should be out for a while after the punt. Granted, they can do whatever the hell they want and have him on RAW next week like he hasn't missed a step, but it seems a bit unlikely. However, if they are indeed struggling on-the-fly trying to react to her resignation, taking Flair of the shelf seems likely.

Well.. I am glad three of us can agree that the Million Dollar Man as GM is a better choice than the Nature Boy.. too bad Bret Hart can't be GM and trade for the Hart Dynasty on RAW and give them a major push.. even Roddy Piper as GM for be a change.

It's up in the air right now. Who is going to be Raw's next GM now that Vickie Guerrero has stepped down?
I was thinking about a few possibilities that have been thrown around recently by some people I've been talking to. Here's some of the likely ones.

JBL
JBL's career was always about being great on the mic but bad in the ring. He could cut one of the best heel promos in the company at one point. Great mic skills is the only criteria for a good GM. I know he's busy with stuff outside the WWE, his businesses, his MMA promotion etc...
But if WWE offered him the position, I think he would seriously consider it.

Santino
Ok, this is a strange suggestion. But as a wrestler, WWE will never take Santino seriously. That's a fact. But he's loved by the fans and great on the mic. So why the hell not? I think he would make a very interesting choice as GM cause he'd be quite unpredictable. He could also have a match or two when he needs to.

HBK
Now I know if he was going to become GM, it wouldn't be till he retires... Or would it? Michaels being GM would mean he could make weekly appearances and give promos and only wrestle when he needs to, at the big 4 PPVs. That could actually lengthen his career by a year or two.
But even if he waited until he retired he'd be a good GM. I believe he was WWF commissioner for a short time during the attitude era and it went down pretty well. So why not GM?

Money on Ric Flair. Next week's Raw is in what's billed as his hometown and he's been told to stop doing indy dates if my understanding of the situation is correct. I don't see him being told to stop taking those dates because WWE wants him to wrestle, so they must have some non-wrestling role lined up for him. I imagine this is it.

I hate the idea too as I'm sick of Flair and just want him to go home, but I won't be surprised to see it one bit.

Honestly, with the number of times this title has changed hands, I can't imagine anyone looking for long term employment coming near it. Good thing Flair is just looking for a quick buck to handle his debt.

Common sense is that it will be Flair, but it would rock if it ended up being someone like....I don't know...Eric Bischoff. Someone that just shocks the WWE universe.

Firstly, if it ends up being Hornswoggle, it would be the apocalypse. It wouldn't surprise me if this was a move to please the kiddies. The only good thing that would come out of this is seeing more of Goldust in the office for a laugh.

But no, nightmares aside... I'm going to list some names not discussed yet:

1. Joey Styles- Joey is handling videos on WWE.com, easily replaceable role. Hell, you could give Jack Korpela a bigger pay-check and have him handle it.

2. The Fink- Unpredictable is WWE's flavour right now. Finkel? That'd be awesome.

I admittedly think it will be either Flair (hometown favourite being thrown into main event storylines or Vince (because Vince likes to expose himself more than Kelly Kelly's previous antics).

Honestly I'd love to see Bischoff return as RAW GM but I doubt it'll ever happen. At this point Flair seems the most likely candidate. If he comes back as a heel I think it would make for more interesting television but we'll have to wait and see.

people it will be Flair because they are in NC. it is already been almost confirmed that it will be him. he can no longer wrestle so this will be how he gets back on T.V. this sucks ass because it should be somebody that knows how to work a crowd.

I didnt see this anywhere so if it gets moved it does....
Who should take over for VIckie as Raw GM??
I think they should let Regal take back over. Before his suspension he was really doing a good job drawing heat as GM and he is really not bad on the mic.... I would really prefer no GMs at all butwe know that wont happen so who else could fill the role realistically.

To be honest, I really don't see it being Flair. There has been one thing in the last 6 months that has been a constant. And it's Orton's punt putting people in the shelf for some amount of time.

Batista: 4 months
Vince: 2 months
Shane: over a month
HHH: over a month

So If WWE wants to keep any of Orton's creditability then they won't bring flair back for at least a month. I don't think that it will be Shane because didn't legacy destroy him not to long ago? To me Steph seems like the most reasonable choice. It's WWE though so who knows what's going to happen.

Isn't RAW supposed to be the comedy-based show anyway? I'm riding the Adamle boat on this one hahaha - Only for the fact that if you want a comedy-oriented show, why not put a guy in charge who is pretty much none-the-wiser to his fuckups. I wouldn't mind it being Flair though, to be honest. People know Flair, recognize Flair. People would pay tickets and watch the show every Monday just so they can say they saw Ric Flair.

Stephanie or Shane also. Out of that, it'd be more likely for Shane to take the role, and although this situation is extremely unlikely, my reason for suggesting is that im fuggen sick and tired of the constant GM changes and Shane and Stephanie wouldn't leave the company.

With that said, I really dont mind who is General Manager, but just stay longer than a year or two.

just a thought and i know that its a long shot as they just released him but what if they were to introduce the new gm next week as MR KENEDY......KENEDY i mean hes great on the mic and could in a less of a wrestling role therfore not being able to injur himself and other wrestlers ha

If they did rehire Adamle, I hope he's learned the business now and has improved a bit. I rather liked Adamle, and thought he had mounds of potential.
But, yeah. Flair. Boring.

Unless they swerve us, which would be nice.

All signs are pointing to Flair coming back to be the next GM of Raw though i respect Ric for his carer i think now its time for him to just leave the WWE now he had a good run and now i think he just wants it a bit to much. As for the next GM i think they should give the job back to steph and im probley one of the few who think that she should get the job back. In all fairness she only lost it because of the RKO from Orton though theres a part that they wont let her be GM because of the continuing Orton storyline

Wouldn't be in the least bit suprised if it was Flair. Only thing though, they are massively underselling thepunt if he comes back this quickly, but then again Flair is superman even at 60 and can take out 3 young wrestlers, so a punt to the head is nothing to him i suppose.

I honestly hope it's not flair. Flair used to be interesting, but now it's impossible to watch the guy. I mean, does anyone care about him anymore? He isn't cool anymore. Just a 60 year old guy, trying to be 30 again. At least vince is funny when he does it. When flair does it, it's sad. I honestly hope it's ted dibiase SR. He was one of the most best characters of the 80s. Very underrated, but can be great on cAmerA. Imagine, paying off superstars to lose to his kid, and have that lead into a storyline where ted thinks he's too good for legacy, and turn him face. It can jumpstart the career ted can have.

Flair makes sense but would be a mistake. I'm sincerely hoping that creative wants everyone to think it will be flair, just to throw a curve ball.

One option mentioned already could be regal. He does a good job of playing the GM role on television, and since he can't win a match anymore and there's not much for him to do, that could work for him.

I don't know if it's been mentioned in this thread already or not, but what about JBL? He "quit" but is he really done with the company? He's been off long enough that a lot of people might have forgotten about him enough so it would be a legitimate surprise. He's also proven that he can be clever and funny on the mic when he wants to be.

So I'm going to cross my fingers and hope it is JBL.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back