John Lauranitis - NEW Interim GM of Raw

I am not surprised at all by this. Laurinaitis is hated by most of the fans and will be good in a heel onscreen authority figure role. He kinda sucks on the mic and his voice is really weird sounding, but this move makes sense because of it being forshadowed in his meetings with Miz and Truth behind Trips' back. They are setting it up to where fans will think he is behind the conspiracy. Trips gets to remain a face, while forming an alliance with Punk. I'm waiting to see if they will just go ahead and reveal that Laurinaitis was the anonymous GM. Fans hate him anyway and this would be a perfect time for it.

I heard alot of people refering Laurinaitis as Laryngitis. I thought is was some kind of STD but I looked it up on wikipedia:

"Laryngitis is an inflammation of the larynx. It causes hoarse voice or the complete loss of the voice because of irritation to the vocal folds (vocal cords). Dysphonia is the medical term for a vocal disorder, of which laryngitis is one cause.
Laryngitis is categorized as acute if it lasts less than a few days. Otherwise it is categorized as chronic, and may last over 3 weeks. The chronic form of disease occurs mostly in middle age and is much more common in men than women."

Isn't this fucking hilarious???? :lmao:

Anyway I think John Laryngitis is an awesome heel boss figure, the guy has already gotten great heel heat for very few air time. He is a natural heel. I also hope seeing him in the ring again at survivor series.

Yeah, I'm just not buying into the arguments against him. There generally aren't any from what I can see now that I think about it.

He'll probably be on television a grand total of 5 minutes or so each Raw and you people are acting like they just made him WWE Champion.

I agreed with everything else you said, but these two comments sum it up.

I also just wanted to add this; for all the stuff that people are saying about how bad this Lauranitis situation is, I beg to differ. I think it's actually incredibly obvious that it's not bad at all. In fact, it's perfect. If anyone would like proof, just go back and read the seething posts of the members here. One of the main ideas of any story line is to draw emotion from the audience, be it good or bad. The only reaction that you don't want is no reaction at all. They've clearly wanted Lauranitis to draw heat, and look at all the fuming responses. Job well done WWE.

I actually enjoy Laurinaitis as a heel. He always comes off as this smug douchebag, who thinks he is superior. Laurinaitis can be a slimy heel, and the live crowds do react to him, because he always gets a good amount of heat. And the constant mentioning of Laurinaitis' job title is a nice touch. The "My name is Mr. John Laurinaitis, I am the Executive Vice President of Talent Relations" line can always feel irritating, and Laurinaitis can use this to get under people's skin.

We're still in the very early stages of Laurinaitis' tenure as Raw's interim GM, so I think it's too early to judge him right now, because you have to give the guy some more time. Laurinaitis can be a very effective heel, and he is a perfect fit for the authority figure role.

To be honest.. I have to admit that Johnny Ace is improving in his ring performance since taking over as the Interim GM.. but I still feel he is trying too hard..

He was ok as the hypocritical Interim GM..... until he started cracking jokes about Rey Mysterio and to Jim Ross.. Honestly speaking.. he has a straight face and he has that kind of look that is meant to be taken seriously.. not meant to crack lame jokes..

But overall.. you can't deny he is improving on his mike skills.. ignoring his voice of course.. that is something he can't help it..

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back