Flair not offered a new contract

matty256

Pre-Show Stalwart
According to a new report by The Wrestling Observer Newsletter, WWE has decided they will not be offering Ric Flair a new contract and the word making the rounds is that they have no plans to use Flair on television. This is largely being considered a business decision on the part of WWE as they don't want to sign him as they don't want anyone under contract whose bookings they don't have full control over.

This news comes just one day after Elaine Gillespie of Gillespie Talent, who handles Flair's non-wrestling bookings, sent out a statement to the media letting people know that Flair is still available for bookings through them and not WWE even though he has been on Raw recently. ProWrestling.net also noted that WWE brought Flair to the TV tapings two weeks ago in Charlotte, NC in hopes that it would swerve backstage leaks going out saying Flair was at the show and giving people the impression he would be announced as the new GM when instead they went with the surprising Donald Trump announcement that ending up only lasting a week.

I hate to say it because i'm a Flair fan as much as the next guy and he is without a doubt one of the best ever, but imo he deserves it not only did he walk out on ROH he's also wrestled a number of times since he grand standoff honestly he should of just stayed off WWE and the wrestling mat for good after his great send off....What are others opinions on this subject?

well i think it was kind of messed up on WWE's end because they chose to bring him back in for random run ins and beefs and ultimately caused him to walk out on ROH then not offer him a contract. kind of messed up. but either way i am tired of seeing him in the ring. i dont care if its an occasional run int, but he's a ringside guy and manager to me right now..i love his persona and him, but i cant stand seeing him out there in tights wrestling anymore, i mean seriously.

the guy is loved though, you cant even count the amout of "wooooo"s you get each night on RAw or smackdown

There's karma for you. He pulls out of RoH because he thinks he can get more money elsewhere and then WWE inform him that they really don't need him. Serves the disloyal bitch right.

This is a good thing. I'm so sick and tired of Ric Flair and his baloney tits. It's hard to watch him, he's an old old man who is kinda embarrassing to still be around.

Well WWE gave him a perfect send off last year. As far as WWE should be concerned they should be done with him. They're not going to top it and people will resent Flair the more he shows his face.

I hope ROH tell him where to go.

It's good simply because he should be retired. His retirement match last year should have been just that. Sure, the WWE can bring him in for random appearances every now and then, but I think all he'd be doing is hurting his legacy if he stayed with the WWE now. Thy also made an excellent move having Flair at the show Trump was announced as GM, truely great swerve, well done WWE.

What a shame. :rolleyes:
His return to RAW a few weeks ago severly pissed me off. Nice move by WWE.

Couldn't agree more! It annoyed me to see him on Tv once again, it annoyed me that he teased about returning, it annoyed me when I thought he would be GM. The guy has annoyed me for my entire wrestling watching life!

So do I want to see a 60+ year old man stay in contract with WWE? No, let him do his own thing, man! I am sick of hearing about Flair, so the big send off he had was big enough, just keep him away.

i think they could do something with Ric..just dont let him wrestle at all unless its gonna be a good run...let him be in fights where he isnt in tights and take him to the top...just dont put him in the ring just to take a beatdown and embarrass himself...whether you love or hate Ric he is one of the greats and he should be treated that way

Anyone remember that time Mick Foley "retired" from in ring action? I do and it was great
Anyone remember that time Mick Foley "pissed" all over what was actually a pretty good career with the WWE?

Does anyone want to see Rick Flare do the same thing? I sure as hell dont. His send off was magical and great to see the first time. I dont want to see it a second time. Let alone a third.

So Good Bye Rick, it was good while it lasted, and hopefully the "Legend Killer Punt" Orton gave you will keep you off WWE TV for at least a year, or two. Enjoy seeing your fans World Wide for 7 figure pay checks, so I can enjoy Monday Night Raw and the WWE Universe without you.

Anyone remember that time Mick Foley "retired" from in ring action? I do and it was great
Anyone remember that time Mick Foley "pissed" all over what was actually a pretty good career with the WWE?

Does anyone want to see Rick Flare do the same thing? I sure as hell dont. His send off was magical and great to see the first time. I dont want to see it a second time. Let alone a third.

So Good Bye Rick, it was good while it lasted, and hopefully the "Legend Killer Punt" Orton gave you will keep you off WWE TV for at least a year, or two. Enjoy seeing your fans World Wide for 7 figure pay checks, so I can enjoy Monday Night Raw and the WWE Universe without you.

There's a difference, Mick was still enjoyable. Mick Foley it much different than Flair, because whenever he returned, he was funny, entertaining, and put over young talent. That great hardcore match he had with Orton, it was fantastic.

Ric Flair on the other hand, comes back at age 60, and kicks the crap out of orton. A 29 year old. Back in his prime, Orton could still kick his ass. Ric is an asshole, if you ever hear him talk about people. I'd rather see Foley than Flair any day.

But Yes, Ric shouldn't get a new contract. No one wants to see him anymore. The man isn't a draw anymore. I'd rather see hulk Hogan make a return, and I had the guy. Flair needs to let go, and know that this is a new era of professional wrestling, and we don't want him anymore.

I'm glad. Ric Flair needs to stay away from the ring. I wouldn't mind seeing him manage somebody but seriously it's time for him to step away. Storyline wise he was supposed to stay retired but not even like 2 years later and he's making appearances.

I also think he deserved it considering he walked out of ROH.

Well WWE gave him a perfect send off last year. As far as WWE should be concerned they should be done with him. They're not going to top it and people will resent Flair the more he shows his face.

I hope ROH tell him where to go.

They are pretty much done with him, except that he's not in a financial state where he can retire and they see him as a threat if he shows up in ROH or TNA to lend credibility to these competitors. The WWE might have offered part time work to Flair to keep him afloat, but they can't effort to pay him what he needs to tend to the leeches he's supporting, ex-wives and past marriages children tend to be a drag.
i373706_33mo5mo.jpg

So I didn't think it was wise to build his send off as permanent because they knew he will have to work till he drops dead to pay off his debts, even less wise to not give him some sort of contract to keep him on the payroll and off skidrow. ROH will jump at the chance of getting Flair at bargain basement discount now that the WWE is out of the picture.
I can't help but feel sorry for the guy.

Peace out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back