Ric Flair leaves UK Tour

Source: PWInsider.com

Here is the latest on the situation between Ric Flair and TNA.

As previously noted, Flair will be returning to the tour starting with tomorrow's event in Glasgow, Scotland. Some wrestlers rolled their eyes when they heard that he would be returning, but the decision to bring him back to the tour was a financial one. The European shows are sold out events, and with numerous changes having been made, (AJ Styles and Alex Shelley being injured, Kurt Angle returning home for a family emergency) TNA felt it best to get Flair back onto the shows to maintain good relations with the local promoters and the European fans, who kept supporting the company. This is also why Matt Hardy was added to the tour.

Among some of the wrestlers, the decision to bring Flair back will not be popular. Several performers spoke with management over the last 24 hours in an effort to have Flair sent home or even possibly let go from the company. Many performers were harsh in regards to Flair, stating that he had ruined the mood of the tour, which until this happened, was said to be calm and happy. Some are even comparing Flair to Booker T, as Booker fell out of favor with several in the company during the Germany tour last year. This was a factor in his dismissal from the company. Some talents feel sorry for Flair, including the following source…

"The whole thing was stupid but most of us feel more sorry for him than upset. If someone told you everyone is mad, that's a lie. But, there are some pissed because it makes the entire crew look like a**holes and we are certainly tired of his sh**. Flair's asked several of us for money when he's had his credit cards declined. When that happens, the bar tab comes and others get stuck paying for the very drinks he said were on the house in the first place. Everyone loves the "Nature Boy", but when the limousines and party lifestyle is based on bad credit and lies, it suddenly becomes more pathetic than anything else. There is nothing glamorous about a guy who has no concept of money management and then lies to try and get out of it. The fact he has no money should be a lesson every wrestler today should take note on. Don't let this happen to you. If you read the Gorgeous George book that came out and then take an honest look at Ric, you realize, wow, that book is pretty much predicting his future - and that's not a happy ending."

Another source believes that this may have been a good thing, since it may force management to deal with it first-hand and might make TNA a little more leery of continuing to bring in expensive veteran talent when the last year has shown no upside to it based on the current ratings. The source also says that the younger guys in the locker room have united against the veterans, feeling that they do all the work, while the veterans treat the company like a country club. The source had the following to say…

"I respect what the older guys have done, but they aren't making us any money. Nothing reflects that. We would draw the exact same if 99% of them were gone. Sometimes you have to take a step backwards to take a leap forward and I really think more and more that's where TNA is. Obviously, you need some veteran talents but there's a crew here that wants to build a company and we want to focus on that, not paying someone's bar tab and having to wait for him to fight it out with Craig Jenkins [TNA Management] when he doesn't get his way."

It sounds like Flair is too desperate for money to leave TNA at this point if the reports are true. It's a sad state of affairs for Flair and TNA if that is the case. I love Flair as much as the next person, but if he is causing more harm then good there is no reason to keep him on the roster. This report could be blown out of proportion though so its hard to tell what is real and what isn't with dirt sheets. I feel sorry for the fans in Europe that were expecting The Guns, AJ Styles, and Kurt Angle but only got Matt Hardy.

I hope that article is 100% true. Particularly in regard to TNA reconsidering bringing in more veterans in the future. Whoever gave that quote nailed it when they said the vets haven't elevated the company in the slightest since they've been there. No offence to them, as they're all legends, but right now they're getting paid that kind of money out of respect (and blind hope) more than their actual draw.

Even as a fan who's meant to want to watch these guys, looking at TNA's roster, I would release, without hesitation - Hulk Hogan, Eric Bischoff, Ric Flair, Sting, Kevin Nash and Scott Steiner (those last three are meant to be coming back, my suggestion - don't). Also, I'd very politely ask Team 3D to transition to behind the scenes work. Finally, institute a strict "we don't hire WWE rejects" policy and train up your own talent.

If all the younger guys banded together and ousted the vets, I would be soooo proud of them.

Lol what amazes me if at his age he can still party and not get tired plus have a good time still. Damn when I'm that old I want to be able to do the exact samething. Anyways Flair is just being Flair at the end of the day everything will be alright. TNA needs Flair because he is a money maker and TNA needs that kind of attraction.

Lol what amazes me if at his age he can still party and not get tired plus have a good time still. Damn when I'm that old I want to be able to do the exact samething. Anyways Flair is just being Flair at the end of the day everything will be alright. TNA needs Flair because he is a money maker and TNA needs that kind of attraction.

How is he a money maker anymore? He's been at TNA for a year now and hasn't popped the ratings or attendance figures one bit. All he's done is force his gimmick on AJ Styles (take it back! take it back!) and get iced a bunch of times.

How is he a money maker anymore? He's been at TNA for a year now and hasn't popped the ratings or attendance figures one bit. All he's done is force his gimmick on AJ Styles (take it back! take it back!) and get iced a bunch of times.

Come on he the nature boy Ric Flair. ALot of peoplel ove it when he gets on the mic and want to listen to what the man has to say. Nobody changes the channel when Flair is on the mic, will when wrestles but on mic everybody listens to the man. Besides him going on tour get people go see the man because he is the wrestling god Ric Flair.

Ric Flair is still money. However, that does not excuse the way "The Man" acted on the tour. Flair has had one of the longest, and most amazing careers in the industry and is broke! It really is sad to see this. Limousine Riding, Jet Flying, Wheeling Dealing, alcohol Drinking, Kiss Stealing and all that crap doesn't work. You have to save your money. Dropping a bar tab on someone too, when drinks were on the house, is pretty shitty also. Saddest thing is that if Samoa Joe or any of the other TNA Originals tried this crap, they would be suspended, or possibly even fired. It's a shame because the older guys should be acting like role models to the younger talents, and Flair ain't it. Besides, people should know that Flair has become a money grubber, just from what happened between him and RoH a couple years ago. From what I understand, the man still owes them money.

Old wrestlers seem to keep their habits and Flair is just the same. On a side thought Is Tna keeping Flair or even some of these veterans just to keep them away from wwe. Not that wwe would take Falir but that seems like the logic of a bad company like tna

Ric Flair has been living in debt for quite a while now. I remember watching a shoot with Flair and Piper and he was talking about how he wish he had been more careful with his money like Piper.

Flair has had numerous divorces, lived a relatively extravagant lifestyle and is getting up their in age. I think this might have something to do with the fact that this money means so much to him.

update.
http://www.411mania.com/wrestling/n...Returning-To-TNA-Tour,-Wrestler-Reactions.htm
- Here is the latest on the situation between Ric Flair and TNA. As previously noted, Flair will be returning to the tour starting with tomorrow's event in Glasgow, Scotland. Some wrestlers rolled their eyes when they heard that he would be returning, but the decision to bring him back to the tour was a financial one. The European shows are sold events, and with numerous changes having been made, (AJ Styles and Alex Shelley being injured, Kurt Angle returning home for a family emergency) TNA felt it best to get Flair back onto the shows to maintain good relations with the local promoters and the European fans, who kept supporting the company. This is also why Matt Hardy was added to the tour.

Among some of the wrestlers, the decision to bring Flair back will not be popular. Several performers spoke with management over the last 24 hours in an effort to have Flair sent home or even possibly let go from the company. Many performers were harsh in regards to Flair, stating that he had ruined the mood of the tour, which until this happened, was said to be calm and happy. Some are even comparing Flair to Booker T, as Booker fell out of favor with several in the company during the Germany tour last year. This was a factor in his dismissal from the company. Some talents feel sorry for Flair, including the following source…

"The whole thing was stupid but most of us feel more sorry for him than upset. If someone told you everyone is mad, that's a lie. But, there are some pissed because it makes the entire crew look like a**holes and we are certainly tired of his sh**. Flair's asked several of us for money when he's had his credit cards declined. When that happens, the bar tab comes and others get stuck paying for the very drinks he said were on the house in the first place. Everyone loves the "Nature Boy", but when the limousines and party lifestyle is based on bad credit and lies, it suddenly becomes more pathetic than anything else. There is nothing glamorous about a guy who has no concept of money management and then lies to try and get out of it. The fact he has no money should be a lesson every wrestler today should take note on. Don't let this happen to you. If you read the Gorgeous George book that came out and then take an honest look at Ric, you realize, wow, that book is pretty much predicting his future - and that's not a happy ending."

Another source believes that this may have been a good thing, since it may force management to deal with it first-hand and might make TNA a little more leery of continuing to bring in expensive veteran talent when the last year has shown no upside to it based on the current ratings. The source also says that the younger guys in the locker room have united against the veterans, feeling that they do all the work, while the veterans treat the company like country club. The source had the following to say…

"I respect what the older guys have done, but they aren't making us any money. Nothing reflects that. We would draw the exact same if 99% of them were gone. Sometimes you have to take a step backwards to take a leap forward and I really think more and more that's where TNA is. Obviously, you need some veteran talents but there's a crew here that wants to build a company and we want to focus on that, not paying someone's bar tab and having to wait for him to fight it out with Craig Jenkins [TNA Management] when he doesn't get his way."

looks like Flair will remain in TNA, and some don't seem happy with that.
I find it interesting the quote towards the end, We would draw the exact same if 99% of them were gone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back