NBA Playoffs Spam Discussion

Injuries are starting to ruin shit. It sucks when you have to say "if so and so plays" in multiple series in 2nd round match-ups. Why can't real life be like video games and God could just simply turn off injuries come playoff time?

Honestly I just want a healthy Clippers vs. a healthy Warriors and a healthy Hawks vs. a healthy Cavaliers in the Conference Finals. Don't necessarily care who wins... I just want to see those two match-ups with both teams at their best and I want to see a Finals with the winners those two series at their best.

Injuries are brutalizing the playoffs this year. I myself had the Clippers going all the way but now with Chris Paul out that's a bit of a stretch. Truthfully, the team who wins this year could very well just be the team that is the most healthy. Cleveland isn't going to win because they don't have Love, Wizards are screwed because they don't have Wall and if Paul doesn't get healthy I don't see the Clippers getting through the Rockets.

This year the finals could be Golden State vs. Atlanta just because they're the teams that are the most healthy. Well, chances are Golden State would've been there anyways but Atlanta wouldn't even make it through the Wizards if Wall was healthy.

For the record, the Hawks didn't walk in with a clean bill of health in the playoffs. Millsap, Horford, Schroder, Scott, and Teague have all been dealing with various injuries. Also, fuck the NYPD for costing us Thabo. I would argue, however, the Hawks would've beat the Wizards with Wall still healthy, but sadly that's not the case. I hate that many series are being determined by an element that can't be controlled.

I'm glad Derrick Rose hit that lucky ass shot at the buzzer to win. The refs did everything they could to hand the game over to Cleveland.

I'm glad Derrick Rose hit that lucky ass shot at the buzzer to win. The refs did everything they could to hand the game over to Cleveland.

There were questionable calls going both ways, but the later calls seemed to favor Cleveland. I was shocked that Rose it that shot, one of the luckier buzzer beaters I've seen all season.

I was very happy for Austin. I was a big believer in him coming out of Duke and felt for a long time that he never got a fair shake while in New Orleans. It's nice to see things are panning out for him. Then you add the fact that his father is the coach only makes it that much more cool.

Two draft busts breaking out in this playoffs. Austin Rivers and Otto Porter. Probably stole some powers off of Curry and Parker like those SpaceJam aliens.

Man the refs were trying so hard to get the Warriors back into the game in Game 3. Crazy fouls called on the Grizz in the 4th and very few for them. Lucky Z-Bo and Gasol made miracle shots to keep pace and win the game.

LOL Klay missing two FTs.

I was very happy for Austin. I was a big believer in him coming out of Duke and felt for a long time that he never got a fair shake while in New Orleans. It's nice to see things are panning out for him. Then you add the fact that his father is the coach only makes it that much more cool.

Nah he got a fair shake. He just wasn't good enough to be a first or second option which he think he is. Maybe his best role is to be the point guard that can't make plays, can't shoot consistently and can't penetrate instead of being a shooting guard.

Derek Fisher 2.0? :lmao:

He'll be alright if all he needs to do is let Blake make plays and hit the open shots. Clippers better hope this isn't fool's gold since Doc the GM is shit and will probably overpay his son.

Such a feel good story for Austin. Dude is so young and everyone called him a joke without him getting a fair chance. Great story.

Go Wizards.

Grumble...Grumble....*mutters something about your mom*......but I'm going to stay classy though, we shouldn't have been in that game yesterday but glad to see some fight in the Hawks and also "glad" to see Paul Pierce still has "it".

LeBron is the curse the Cavs made when Jordan hit "The Shot" all those years ago.

Very ugly game between the Cavs and Bulls. Cavs struggled with turnovers and they bled for their points. It looks like everyone but Lebron is injured on that team. Kyrie is clearly hurting as well as Shumpert and it looks like Smith has some kind of injury going on.

But damn, the Bulls looked atrocious on offense in this game. I see how much Pau Gasol brings to their team now. Pau provides spacing and makes the right passes to the right people. Having Taj start along with Noah is a bad combo but Thibs had no choice. Taj and Noah pretty much play the same and clog up the paint. The Bulls should've won this game though. The Cavs were hurt and struggled all throughout the game.

Ugly game indeed but damn.... 3 days of playoff basketball, 3 buzzer beaters. Never seen anything like it.

Kyrie has knee tendinitis and a foot strain. Said he won't miss a game. Hope he's smart with this. Knee tendinitis can become chronic very easily.

When it comes to Austin Rivers I think the Clippers just finally figured out what he was. He's not a true point guard who will run your offense efficiently and get everyone involved, he's a scoring guard who can carry the ball up the floor if need be.

He is a good scorer and has been on a hot streak in the playoffs. Best case scenario is he becomes a solid sixth man. Jamal Crawford is 35 and enters the last year of his contract next season (it's also only partially guaranteed so he may be cut to save money). Rivers could be his replacement.

I don't think Austin Rivers was ever seen as a true point guard. He was always a combo guard and was used as a shooting guard at New Orleans iirc. But his shooting wasn't consistent enough to make it work.

He was brought in to provide defensive cover at the wing for the Clippers. This purple patch in offence is just a bonus. He still needs to prove he is consistent to warrant the hype imo.

"You know you're barely beating the Wizards without John Wall." I don't give a damn! With the way the Hawks are playing, I'll take all of the wins at this point. Now I beg you Teague and Korver to actually play defense and stop getting lit up by Beal, Sessions, and Bynum. Also Korver, make some fucking shots! Budenholzer, you need to really stop getting outcoached by Randy Wittman. With that said, I still love the fight you guys are giving, let's get Game 5.

The NBA really fucked up the scheduling. In what world is it fair for the cavs and Bulls to play constantly on one day rest, yet have the Hawks and wizards get three days rest? Such bullshit and it's taking away from the quality of the games because both teams are so dead tired and injured.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back